SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Knight of Destiny ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know I shouldn't be starting this. But, oh well. I've been wanting to do something else anyway. Plus I have the whole story line figured out….since I didn't write it. ^__^;; This is actually the Medieval Times story and I'm actually just putting the gundams in it. Sad? Perhaps. But, oh well. Some people may notice that I have the other knights of Lacroa in this. However, as far as I know some of them have terribly horrid names. So, I'm renaming them in this fic.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own anything regarding SD Gundam or Medieval Times. They belong to their respective owners. (Whoever that may be.) >.>;;;;;
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Prologue
 
 
 
There was a time, long, long ago when a wise king sat upon a mighty throne.
 
In Lacroa the sun rises upon the castle. Commoners and knights alike all stared up at the large window were they knew their new king would appear. Among the crowd was a certain blue knight gundam along with five others of different shape, size, and color; all eagerly waiting. Then, the face of the king shown threw the sunshine. A mighty cheer echoed throughout the whole kingdom. “LONG LIVE THE KING!”
 
For many years his realm grew and prospered, and the people lived under skies of peace and plenty. Yet, there came a day when the rumor of war reached the ear of the king. I great and terrible army was on the march destroying all in their path.
 
“Your majesty!” A young man ran through the castle into the throne room.
“Ah, Velcor my master of nature what brings you here in such a hurry?” The King asked.
“Sire, I have received word that a massive army is close to the border of the kingdom. If it reaches Lacroa, everyone and everything will be destroyed!” Velcor said. The king thought a moment, and then said, “Let all members of our army meet me in the court yard. Tell them the time has come to serve their country.”
“Very well sir, but, one thing. Shall I send for the gundam knights as well?” he asked.
“Yes.”
“Very well sir.” He quickly left the room to write a letter. Then, Velcor whistled loudly, and from the skies his falcon Isis landed on his arm. He tied it to the falcon's leg and set it away.
In another house a gundam with blue eyes sat on the roof. His body was somewhat of a bronze color along with the center being gray. He heard a shrill cry and looked up to see Isis. He held up his arm and she landed on it. “Hello Isis, to what do I owe this letter from your master?” He said untying the note then sending the bird on her way. He read the note and his content smile sifted to looks of concern. He folded the note, jumped off the house and went into another building. In there was one brown horse, seeming alert to his masters approach. “Come on pal, we've got work to do.” The knight said as he readied the horse.
 
 
He gathered his finest knights about him, and assembled a great host. He and his brother rode in the vanguard of the company and the sound of the great party passing was the sound of thunder in the summer sky. On the western reaches of the realm the two armies met, and the clash of sword and shield echoed in the far mountains. Throughout the long and bloody passage of arms, the king and his company stood fast, and each charge of the enemy broke itself as the wave breaks upon the rocky shore. As the day neared its end the king, his brother the prince, his marshals, and six of his bravest knights repulsed the final charge of the enemy.
 
“Come on men. `Tis time to teach these dogs a lesson!” The king shouted.
The six knights, the gundam knights, pushed their horses forward. The blue one jumped off and began flying. He stopped in mid-air and used a form of magic to create a large tornado to blow away a majority of the enemy. A green one began slashing away with his large scythe. A red one stayed his ground and aimed his cross bow at multiple enemies. When he released the arrows, each one hit their targets. While the remaining three knights continued sword fighting with the soldiers of the enemy.
 
When darkness fell the issue was settled. The slain lay all around the king and his company. Among them lay the kings brother fallen unnoticed in the heat of battle. The day was won, but with the death of the prince, the kingdom was without a champion. Weary and bereft of the joy that the great victory should bring the king and his marshals began their journey home. In their company rode the six stall ward knights who stood with them that day. As the king and his captains reached the walls of the great city, the entire realm turned out to cheer their return. And that is where our story begins…