SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ Acting is easy... ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The first step to making any theatrical production, as we all know, is to assemble a cast. Which is why the gang were now at a deserted warehouse in the cheap part of Neotopia.
“I'm glad we were able to get to use this place for the try-outs.” Bob declared, as the Zakos tossed together a table for Bob to sit at. Several lights and cameras were being set up.
“Because of the accessibility?” Captain asked.
“Because of the acoustics?” Rele asked.
“Because of the trapdoor!” Bob laughed. At the same time, a Zako fell through hole that opened in the floor.
Pretty soon Neotopians were lined-up outside, ready to make it big in the business.
“Alright, kid,” Bob said to the first entry, “Just take it easy and act naturally. Sure, this may be your only chance to become a superstar, and if you flop you may never work in this town again, but hey! No pressure.”
A Zako Soldier wearing BLAZING SAMURAI baseball cap said, “Casting for BLAZING SAMURAI, take 1, zako.”
A GM wearing a yellow baseball cap, shaking so hard its joints looked ready to fall out, held out a wooden sword and looked at a script in its other hand.
“H-halt…You fiends, or face taste my-“
“Next!” Bob pushed a button on the table.
Yellow Cap gave a yell as the trapdoor opened.
Next up was a gentleman with a bushy mustache. “I am the blading samurai from…”
“Next!” Down the trapdoor he went.
Off to the side, Zapper confided to Destroyer. “Actually, I'm starting to enjoy this.”
Next up was a little girl Shute met during the Dark Axis invasion.
“Mm,” Iyaka began, hesitantly. “Taste my blades…you spawn of evil…”
Bob looked at Shute. “Sad part is, she's the best one yet. Next!”
While Iyaka didn't go through the trap door, the same couldn't be said for the next ones.
“Where does that passage lead to?” Zero wondered.
By the twentieth entry, no progress was made.
“Bob, you can't throw out everyone!” Shute cried.
“I can, and I will! I'm looking for good actors, not some yutz who can read a script!” Bob yelled, hitting the button again.
“Taste my blaAAAUUHHGG!” Zako Cook cried as he went down.
“Isn't there anyone in here who can act?” Bob yelled, ignoring him.
“And that's my cue.” Grappler Gouf said, stepping forward. Grabbing a script, he began his spiel. “Taste my blades, you spawn of evil! I am…”
“NEXT!” Bakunetsumaru yelled, slamming his fist down on the button.