SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ A matter of Taste ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute regarded the pie on the table.
It was round, white from the cream, and not interesting in the slightest.
In fact, the only thing that made it subject for study was Bob's proclamation that the pie not be touched or eaten. Naturally, this caused quite a stir. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Genkimaru glaring at it from the far end of the table, like a predator about to pounce on its intended victim.
“Hey, Bob,” Shute called out, “What's so special about the pie?”
“That's a very good question, Shute!” Bob answered loudly, popping up from behind the boy. Shute jumped. “You see, it all began when I first dove into the movie-making industry…”
Shute grabbed a nearby chair and sat down. This sounded like a long one.
“You see, it all began with the first movie I ever worked on. I was to throw a pie at the main character, you see” Bob explained.
Meanwhile, Genkimaru had gotten up on the table and began to tip-toe towards the pie.
“As I moved from one movie to the next, I kept ending up in scenes were pies were thrown at someone.” Bob continued, “I worked in comedies, slapstick, mostly.”
“Isn't slapstick dead?” Shute asked. In the background, a Zako holding a long steel bar turned around suddenly in confusion, causing one end of the bar to hit another Zako. The hit Zako got up and began to slap the offender.
“As I moved on from acting to directing,” Bob continued as if Shute hadn't said anything. “I began to get involved with other genres. However, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't break the habit of expecting a pie-fight.”
Meanwhile, Genkimaru had just made his way to the pie. He stuck his finger in.
“So, in every movie I direct, I make sure someone gets hit in the face with one of these little beauties.” Bob finished grandly.
“So, you're going to throw that at someone in the next scene?” Shute asked.
“Yessiree,” Bob said, turning to the confection in question, “By the end of the day, someone's gonna be cleaning frosting off their face-”
“Yuck!” Genkimaru gagged, flinging the pie away in disgust. The pie hit Bob dead-on.
There was a ominous lull, as the boys awaited Bob's reaction.
“Needs more sugar.”