SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Lights, Camera, Zako! ❯ How Now ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Zero was not being a happy camper.
This was due to the fact that he didn't get the lead role in Blazing Samurai. Zero was used to being the center of attention, a result of his being one of the more renown(And now, only) Knight Gundam in Lacroa.
Naturally, Zero couldn't be the main character every time, but it was still a little annoying that he, a noble and chivalrous knight, be shunted off to the side.
However, Zero's attention was not on his not being the center figure, but the farm animal that had somehow gotten into the studio.
A cow, to be exact.
Zero stared at the bovine, trying to make sense of what it was doing there. For a moment, he thought it was a hallucination, wrought by his boredom.
He closed his eyes, and counted to ten.
No good. The cow was still there.
Spotting Captain, Zero called him over. If anyone could find logic in this strangeness, it was Captain.
“Captain, does the movie call for a cow?” Zero asked, trying to sound casual.
“Not to my knowledge.” Captain answered. “The script does not call for one. Why?”
“Then what's that for, milk?!” Zero pointed.
Captain turned his head to where Zero was pointing, and took a step back. “Zero, that's a cow!”
“I know it's a cow!” Zero forced himself to remain calm. A great knight of Lacroa did not throw a hissy fit. Musha Gundams did. “What I want to know is, where did it come from?”
“I'll check.” Captain leaned over to the cow. “Where did you come from?”
“Captain!” Zero wondered if this was all a bad dream.
“The easiest way is to ask.” Captain explained.
“We have to get it out of site before Bob finds out,” Zero decided.
“Then we'd better work fast,” Captain said, looking over Zero's shoulder. “Here he comes now.”
“Aah!” Zero quickly performed some magic and- Poof!- the cow was now covered head to hoof in flowers.
Bob stomped over, the floor shaking with each step. He looked cross.
“I'm in a bad mood, and it's disrupting my concentration!” He announced. “Quick, one of you say something stupid so I can get upset about it and get back to the filming.”
“Zero found a cow.” Captain said plainly. Bob gave him a weird look as Zero waved his arms in a `shut up you dope!' manner.
Rose petals flew as the cow sneezed. There was a slight pause as everyone present stared at the bovine. Zero bravely waited for the explosion that was to come.
To his surprise, Bob broke out in a grin. “There you are! I was wondering what happened to you, Bessie.”
“That's your cow?” Captain asked, as Zero's eyes bugged out.
“Of course!” Bob laughed, petting the cow.
Zero managed to get his voice back. “But why would you bring a cow in for?” he asked.
“The milk, of course!” Bob laughed, walking off.
Bessie mooed.