SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. SD Gundam Force ❯ Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Bandai owns anything related to Gundam. I own nothing. Cept myself and any original characters.
 
This for Charon the Sabercat, who inspired this little romp.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(The setting is a theater room with a curtain closed. The audience is filled to the brim, and looking quite ready to get things going. In the background a audio version of Puffy AmiYumi's Sunrise is being played.)
 
Announcer(OS): Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first ever, Mr. SD Gundam Force Talent Show!
 
(The words MR. SD GUNDAM FORCE TALENT SHOW appear, in the style similar to the SD Gundam Force show logo.)
 
Announcer(OS): The show to decide which male on SD Gundam Force is…DA man! With your host, Red Microphone Zako Soldier!
 
(Cut to a close up of Red Mic Zako. He bows honorably.)
 
Announcer(OS): And meet our trio of intelligent, cultured and beautiful judges, Sayla Mass!
 
(Sayla Mass's pretty visage replaces Red Mic's. She winks at the camera, and a caption below her says; Sayla Mass- Mobile Suit Gundam.)
 
Announcer: …Rain Mikamura!
 
(Rain appears on screen. She blows the camera a kiss. The caption reads; Rain Mikamura- Mobile Fighter G Gundam.)
 
Announcer(OS): …And Relena Peacecraft!
 
(Relena appears on screen. She flips her hair back, and the caption reads; Relena Peacecraft- New Mobile Report Gundam W.)
 
Announcer: Our contestants this year are…Shute!
 
(A clip from `His Name Is Captain' plays. It's of Shute skating down the road, freezing as he jumps into the air.)
 
Announcer(I shouldn't have to say, should I?): …Captain Gundam!
 
(A clip of one of Captain's Re-Equip Ring sequences plays, freezing when Captain's mobile defender mode is completed.)
 
Announcer: …Zero the Winged Knight!
 
(Clip of Zero unsheathing his Vatras Sword plays. It freezes when Zero poses with the Princess Rose superimposed in the background.)
 
Announcer: …Bakunetsumaru!
 
(Clip of one of Bakunetsumaru's musha gundam introductions plays. It freezes when all three kanji are displayed.)
 
Announcer: …Zapper Zaku!
 
(Clip from `His Name Is Captain' plays. Zapper lands in front of a squad of Zako Soldiers and stands triumphant. It freezes when he lifts his foot to see what's underneath.)
 
Announcer: …Grappler Gouf!
 
(Clip from `Princess Rele Revived!' plays. Grappler is waving around Captain's V- Rod, showing off. It freezes when he whacks himself with it.)
 
Announcer: …Destroyer Dom!
 
(Clip from `Big Comeback! We're the Heroes?' plays. Destroyer is standing amidst a plague's worth of Elmechu, some crawling all over him. It freezes as the Elmechu wag their tails.)
 
Announcer: …Chief Haro!
 
(Clip from `Gundam Force, Team Up!' plays. Camera pans up to Chief Haro's head, and the screen freezes when his ears flap.)
 
Announcer: …Cobramaru!
 
(Clip from `Fly, Captain! The SDG Base hangs by a thread!' plays. It's of Cobramaru doing his introduction, and freezes when he is finished.)
 
Announcer: …And Kibaomaru!
 
(Clip from `The Way Home' plays. Kibaomaru is being healed by Princess Rele. The Screen freezes as examines his restored wing. Each frozen screen lines and stacks up, Shute, Captain, Zero, Baku, Haro on top, and Zaku, Gouf, Dom, Cobra, Kibao on the bottom.)
 
Announcer: Which of these ten contestants will win the title, Mr. SD Gundam Force?! Stay tuned to find out!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In a room labeled `Private Lounge' on the door, the ten contestants watched the show on a closed-circuit TV set. Grappler glared at the Gundam Force and asked, “How come you guys got good clips?”
Before he could get an answer, the door swung open with a thunderous bang. Jumping to antention, the males saw a tall figure in a Organization 13 robe walk into the room.
“Boys, that was just terrible,” the robed one said in a faux New Yorker's accent, “I thought the audience was gonna drop dead on their feet from boredom.”
“What are you talking about?” Shute asked. He thought about the applause from the people in the seats. “They loved it!”
“I'm talking about the audience watching at home!” The robed one threw off his robe to reveal a young man with messy blond hair and sunglasses, wearing a loose spacesuit. “Millions of viewers are a heckuva more important than few hundred in the studio, but I digress.” He began speaking in a more composed tone. “Let's talk about what you'll be doing in the contest.”
This got everyone's attention.
“You'll be showcasing your abilities and other attributes in a series of events meant to, well, in all honesty, meant to entertain our audience.” Explained the man, “We are going to be on pay-per-view, y'know.”
He got several glares in response.
Chief Haro raised a hand and asked, “What sort of events we will be taking part in, Cy?”
“That,” Answered Cy, waving his arms around in a grand manner, “Is up to our panel of contest coordinators.”
Cobramaru raised a non-existent eyebrow. “Coordinators?”
“C'mon in, girls!” Cy yelled, and in came two young ladies; Sayla(SDGF version) and Princess Relehimana Miya Du Lacroa!
“Hiii!” sang Sayla, as she skipped in.
“Surprised to see us?” The Princess of Lacroa asked, coyly.
“My ladies!” Zero jumped from the couch he was sitting in and bowed before the two females. “You are in charge?”
Sayla pointed at Cy, who was leaning up against the wall. “He asked us for help.”
“So, uh,” Shute began, sounding a little uneasy(Two girls in the same instance! Scary!), “Wh-what exactly are we doing?”
“The events we picked out will divide you into ten categories,” Explained Rele, “Best Strength, Best Speed, Best Form, Best Looks, Best Smile, Best Voice, Best Eyes, Best Talent, Best Style, and Best Legs.”
“What?!” Bakunetsumaru fell from his seat in surprise. “Legs!?”
“That one was my idea,” Cy explained.
“Weren't they all your idea?” Asked Sayla.
“Anyway,” Continued Cy, ignoring Sayla, “each of you will win an award from each category, respectively.”
“What do you mean?” Kibaomaru asked. He didn't understand the point of most of those so-called categories, but he had a feeling it wouldn't matter.
“If one of you won, say, Best Looks, he couldn't win any of the other awards,” Explained Cy, “I made so everyone could go home feeling like they won something. Any other questions?”
“Yes,” Captain said, “Best Legs?”
Cy shrugged. “I figured that since guys are always checking out girls' legs, and our judges and target audience are female, turnabout is fair play. Satisfied?”
No of them were, but they decided not to push it.
“Oh yeah, I almost forgot,” Cy said, slapping a fist into his palm, “You'll need to wear this for the final presentation, just before the awards ceremony.”
Princess Rele waved her hands, and a trunk appeared in a shimmer of light. Sayla flipped the lid open.
“Presentation?” Destroyer asked, a question mark appearing over his head.
“Just to give the audience one last look at you before wrapping things up,” explained Cy. Sayla pulled something out of the trunk and gave it to Cy. He held it out and displayed it to the guys. “You'll be wearing these, which I'm told are quite the rage in one of the more manly part of Europe.”
The reactions were varied and humorous. Shute turned pale. Zero and Bakunetsumaru's eyes bugged out. Destroyer looked on in fear. Zapper and Grappler treated the garment with abject revulsion. Kibaomaru and Cobramaru were somewhat more restrained, but their surprise was obvious on their faces. Captain was somewhat unaffected, save for mute staring, and Haro, whose mask prevented the display of facial expressions, flapped his ears at hi-speed.
“You gotta be kidding me!” Zapper roared when his voice returned, “There's no way I'm going at there in one of those!”
“Yes you are,” Cy said, pulling out a piece of paper, “You agreed to this when you signed this contract. You're stuck.”
Faced with that very painful reality, the men could do nothing but glare. Off to the side, the girls giggled at the mental images their imaginations were concocting.
Cy checked his watch. “Well, that's all for now. The talent portion of the show is coming up in an hour. I hope you guys have gotten your acts together!”
 
NEXT TIME!
 
The guys strut their stuff in what may be the ONLY part of the show where they have some control over the events! All this and more in Mr. SD Gundam Force!