SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. SD Gundam Force ❯ Talent...or not ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(Open to the stage and audience. Sunrise audio only begins playing again.)
 
Announcer(OS): Welcome back to the MR. SD Gundam Force Talent Show! And now, here's your host, Red Microphone Zako Soldier!
 
(Red Mic walks out from behind the closed curtain into sight. Some squeals of `it's so cute!' and whatnot are heard.)
 
Red Mic: (Bows) Welcome, everyone. It's so good to be here, zako. You know, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the studio-
 
(Before he can go any further, the audience begins to jeer. Trash is thrown at Red Mic, including a small fish.)
 
Random guy(OS): Get on with it!
 
Red Mic: Ahh! Okay, zako zako. Our first portion of the show is a brief exhibition display. Each contestant has prepared an individual act to perform, and I hope you like them, they've worked real hard, and, uh, anyway, starting off is Captain Gundam!
 
(Red Mic scurries offstage. The curtain opens, showing Captain standing in the center. His faceplate is open. With a metallic sounding snap, the faceplate closes. Not bothering to talk, Captain extends his right arm to the right. From the right, a GM wheels in cart with a tray of oranges. Captain takes the oranges, and begins to toss them into the air. After a few seconds of random tossing, Captain starts juggling them in a full circle. A caption reads; We thank Tropicana for their generous donation. After a minute or so of this, Captain catches each orange and places them back on the tray. The GM takes the cart, leaving Captain a set of bowling pins in its place. Captain takes the pins, and begins juggling them one by one. Meanwhile, the GM places a bowling ball at the edge of stage right. At one point Captain FLINGS the pins into the air. Using his heel-wheels, Captain zips over and grabs the bowling ball. Just as the bundle of pins is about to hit the stage, Captain lets the ball go and sends it flying. The ball hits the pins DEAD-ON, sending the pins flying everywhere. There is great applause. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Rain: (Working a scorecard) Strike!
 
(Cut back to Captain. He holds up a hand, halting the applause. There is more. The GM rolls out three steel drums. Captain takes each drum, and begins to juggle them. After a moment, he begins to walk around while juggling, something he didn't do with the smaller items. The audience is impressed.)
 
Audience: Ooooooh!
 
(However, Captain is not paying attention to the floor. He steps on the fish from earlier and slips, falling to the floor while the drums go upward. Quickly getting back up he starts zooming around the stage in a desperate attempt to catch the falling drums. In the center of the stage, one drum lands in his left hand. Another lands in his right. Finally, the last one lands directly on his head, becoming impaled on his V-fin. There is a pause.)
 
Captain: (Faceplate opens) Ta-da!
 
(The audience loves it, and they go wild. Captain bows, the drum still stuck on his V. He rolls off, and the curtain closes. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Sayla: What do you think of that? It's a nice opener, isn't it?
 
Relana: Hmm, I don't know. I thought his performance was a bit too robotic for my taste.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, in relative safety of the employee's lounge, Cy, the girls, and the rest of the guys watched Captain's act from the TV set.
“For a moment, I thought Captain was gonna THROW his act!” Cy laughed. H glanced at Sayla. “Get it?”
“Get what?” The young girl asked, innocently.
Cy groaned. “Never mind,” He threw a look over his shoulders, “You're up next, Goufy.”
“Gotcha,” Grappler grabbed a skateboard and went for the door. “And don't call me Goufy!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Cut to the stage.. Red Mic walks out from behind the closed curtain.)
 
Red Mic: and now, ladies and gentlebots, witness the extreme acrobatics of Lord Grappler Gouf!
 
(Red Mic scurries off. The curtain opens, showing the stage is no longer bare like it was during Captain's act. It is now dotted with several railings and a half-pipe, the kind used for skateboarding. Grappler Gouf skates out onto the stage, much to the delight of the audience. There is some applause, before Grappler Gouf waves for them to be silent.)
 
Grappler: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Now check this out!
 
(Grappler skating around, flipping his board and such. He hops the board onto a railing and starts to grind. While on the railing he hops into the air and does a 360. Not missing a beat, he lands in the half pipe without mistake. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Relena: Not bad, that looked hard!
 
Cut back to the stage. Grappler is now going back and forth, doing little random flips and such.)
 
Grappler: Now watch this!
 
Grappler begins to skate the half-pipe without doing any tricks, gradually building up speed. At one point he skates up, and out of sight. There is a crashing noise. He doesn't come down. There is an awkward pause. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Rain: You don't think…
 
(Cut to an upward shot of the ceiling above the stage. Grappler has gotten himself caught in the lights! He moans a bit, and then falls, hitting the stage with a clunk.)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the lounge, Cy winced.
“Now we're gonna have to fix the lights,” He griped. Everyone else sweatdropped.
“Gee, and he looked great at rehearsal,” Shute mentioned.
“Weren't the rehearsals outside?” Princess Rele asked.
Everyone, once again, sweatdropped.
“well, you're next, Chief,” Cy sighed, pointing towards the door, “Don't break anything, alright?”
As Chief Haro left the room, Sayla suddenly started giggling.
“Now what?!” Cy demanded.
“Do you know what you said earlier? About throwing the act?” Sayla asked between titters, “I just got it!”
Cy groaned. “Next time I wanna be alone, I'll come see you.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Cut to the stage. The curtains are closed. Red Mic comes out and bows.)
 
Red Mic: And now, the leader of the SDG, Chief Haro, zako!
 
(Red Mic scurries off. The curtain opens, showing Chief Haro, looking all official-like. There is applause. Taking his cap, Haro tosses into the audience, electing more cheers. He holds up his hand, silencing the audience. There is a pause. Suddenly, Boogie Wonderland starts playing! Haro, in turn, starts break dancing!)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the lounge, Cy fell out of the couch. “Wha-What is he doing?!”
“He's dancing.” Captain answered stoically.
“I can see that!” cy snapped, “But that dance, to that music?”
“I didn't know the chief could dance at all,” Shute remarked, staring at the screen, “He's pretty good.”
“He has good rhythm and timing, I'll give him that,” Cobramaru admitted.
“By the way,” Cy cut in, “You're on after him.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(The curtain closes, and Red Mic scuttles out. He faces the audience.)
 
Red Mic: Up next, Cobramaru, zako!
 
(Red Mic scurries off, and the curtain opens up. On the stage is now several gymnastic equipment, but no Cobramaru. The Musha Gundam in question leaps down from the ceiling, much to the delight of the audience.)
 
Cobramaru: Thank you, thank you. (The applause keeps coming) Silence!
 
(Silence. Cobramaru sighs, then goes to one of the handlebars. He then does some pretty impressive flips. At one point he flips all the way into the rings(you know, the kind that hang from the ceiling on ropes?) and starts doing some pretty cool swinging and flipping. At one point Cobramaru starts doing it with ONE ARM(Pretty cool, huh?)! He eventually flips from this onto the stage, landing perfectly. There is much applause. Cobramaru bows, and then leaps to the ceiling, out of view. The curtain closes, and Red Mic scuttles back onstage.)
 
Red Mic: Wasn't he great, zako? Next up, Zero, the Winged Knight!
 
(He scurries off, and the curtain opens, this time showing Zero.)
 
Zero: Ladies and gentlemen, tonight…there is magic in the air!
 
(He punctures this statement with a wave of his arm, letting loose many sparkles into the air. The sparkles become Princess Roses which are caught by half the audience- the female half.)
 
Zero: And now, fair ladies and gentlemen, I will astound you with but a minor display of my prowess.
 
(Zero waves his arms in an overly dramatic manner and a `saw `em in half box appears.)
 
Zero: I shall cut one of you, yes, one of you in the audience, in half, and yet cause no damage whatsoever.
 
Zapper(OS): Oh, gimme a break!
 
Zapper Zaku storms the stage, glaring. Zero gives him a look.)
 
Zapper: This is the best you're gonna do!? It's the oldest trick in the book!
 
Zero: Are you volunteering?
 
Zapper: Sure, why not!
 
(Zapper, with some help from Zero, gets wedged into the box. Zero then summons a large saw from…somewhere. He then begins the sawing.)
 
Zapper: Don't worry, folks, it's all a sham! All of me's stuffed into this upper half, while there's some fake legs in the other half! This isn't real!
 
(Pretty soon, Zero goes clear through. He then separates the box halves to show that they are indeed, cut in two. There is applause.)
 
Zapper: Wait a minute! It's a fake! (He leaps out) I'm fine, not in two! I'm not cut in half!
 
(Zapper jumps up and down to get their attention, but something odd happens. Whenever he jumps up, the upper half of his battle separates from the bottom! It doesn't take long for Zapper to realize something's wrong.)
 
Zapper: (Feeling the part where he's cut) Um, is there a mechanic in the studio?
 
(Zapper leaves with a sick expression on his face. Zero bows, getting more applause.)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Cy winced. “Ouch. That's gotta hurt.”
Princess Rele sniffed, “It serves him right, trying to upstage Zero like that.”
“But he's on next, isn't he?” asked Captain.
“Yeah, but we gotta give him a few minutes to find a welder,” replied Cy, “Hmm, what to do… Okay! Dom! You're on next!”
Destroyer nodded, and shuffled out of the room.
“What's he doing?” asked Sayla.
“Beats me,” Cy answered, reaching for the phone, “But that reminds me, I gotta call maintenance, `cause whatever he's doing, we're gonna need some.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(The curtain closes. Out comes Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, Lord Destroyer Dom!
 
(There is some applause as Red Mic exits. The curtain opens to reveal Destroyer Dom, bazooka in hand. Next to him is a Zako Soldier with a stack of plates.)
 
Destroyer: Dah… Pull!
 
(On that command, the zako flings the plate into the air out towards the audience. The minute it's away from the stage, Destroyer blows it out of the sky with his bazooka. The audience shrieks at the explosion.)
 
Destroyer(Nonplussed): Okay… Pull!
 
(The plate once again goes flying. This time it sails somewhat close to the ceiling. This doesn't stop Destroyer though, as he takes careful aim with his bazooka-)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Nooo!” Cy yelled, jumping up. “Not near the ceiling!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(-and fires, hitting the plate dead-on. This causes the blast to knock a hole in the ceiling, causing plaster to rain down on the audience. There is some screaming. Unheeded, Destroyer goes to signal the Zako.)
 
Destroyer: Pull!
 
(The Zako throws the plate, but this one goes STRAIGHT FOR THE CAMERA! As the plate obscures our vision everything else, we suddenly go to an image of a Crazee Dayzee holding a wrench and looking confused. Next to her are the words PlEASE HOLD ON AS WE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM in big bold letters. After a few minutes of this we go back to the stage. The curtain is closed, and Red Mic is standing in out in front of the curtain.)
 
Red Mic: And now, give it up for Bakunetsumaru, zako!
 
(There is applause, and Red Mic scurries off as the curtain opens up. Out onto the stage rides Bakunetsumaru on Entengo, much to the joy of the audience. As Entengo gallops around, Bakunetsumaru begins to show off. First, he lets go of the reins and in a `Look ma! No hands!' way. Then, he gets up and performs a handstand, then on one hand. However, this causes him to fall, but before he hits the floor, Baku' swings back up and performs a spinning routine, similar to a gymnast. Finally, he flips back onto his seat on the saddle as Entengo rears up ala' cowboy style. The audience eats it up. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Relena: Very good!
 
Rain: I'll say, that samurai has good horse-sense. (Smirks)
 
(As the curtain closes, Bakunetsumaru slides off Entengo's saddle. A few minutes later, Red Mic comes out.)
 
Red Mic: And now, zako, here comes Lord Kibaomaru!
 
(The Curtain, opens, and Red Mic scurries off. In the center of the stage is Kibaomaru. There is silence for moment, and then-!)
 
Kibaomaru: A tomboy flirts
The polite one gets angry with her
The man wants peace.
 
(He bows. The curtain closes. Cut to the judges table.)
 
Sayla: That was the act?
 
Relena: It was dumb!
 
Rain: It was pointless!
 
Sayla(Thoughtful): It was…short.
 
(They are silent for a moment.)
 
Judges: We loved it!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Cy shook his head. He had a feeling Kibaomaru purposely did that to simply get it over with. “Well,” Cy began, “Zapper should be done with his repairs, so we'll put him on next.” Cy then turned to Shute, who, for some reason, was sitting on the couch upside-down, “You'll go on after him, okay?”
“Sounds fair,” Shute replied, sliding off the couch and hitting the floor, “Ow. Hey, what's Zapper doing, anyway?”
“I believe he is going to perform a stand-up comedy act,” Captain answered.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Cut to the closed curtain. Red Mic scurries out.)
 
Red Mic: And now, back by popular demand, Lord Zapper Zaku!
 
(He quickly runs off, and the curtain opens. Zapper(With some noticeable weld marks on his waist) hops out onto stage.)
 
Zapper(Excited): Hey hey! Great to be here, ladies and germs! I just flew in from the coast and boy, are my arms tired!
 
(Rimshot. No response.)
 
Zapper(Annoyed): Thanks for the lovely round of indifference. (Excited) Hey, I met a guy near a bar who said he hadn't had a shot in years, so I shot him!
 
(Rimshot. No response from the audience.)
 
Zapper: O…kay. Um, I knew human so stupid, his kids were monkeys!
 
(Nothing. Not even rimshot.)
 
Zapper: I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing! Okay, time for some hardball. All your mothers wear army boots!!!
 
Zapper is immediately pelted by a storm of debris thrown not-so-lovingly from the audience. It isn't too long before he becomes covered in a pile of the stuff. The curtain closes.)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“I knew it,” Sighed Cy. The jerk had no chance of getting through his act.
“Well, I'm up!” Shute ran to the door, “Wish me luck!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Red Mic is in front of the curtain.)
 
Red Mic: finally, let's hear it for our final contestant, Shute!
 
(There is MAJOR amount of applause as the curtain opens. Red Mic is knocked off his feet for a moment by the audience response, but catches himself and runs off. Shute is seen standing in the center of the stage, wearing his skates.)
 
Shute: Hi, everyone! For my first trick, I'm gonna jump this line of three barrels!
 
(After Shute says `Three barrels' just that roll out onto stage. Grining, Shute begins to skate around the stage, building up speed. After five laps, Shute makes an impressive leap over the three barrels. There is applause.)
 
Shute: (Bows) Thank you! And now, I will jump seven barrels!
 
(Four more barrels roll out and join the three barrel line. Shute once again begins circling the line, building up speed. As he goes to make the jump, the barrel at the end starts to roll further away. Thinking quickly, Shute flips open his cell phone and speaks into it.)
 
Shute: Rocket mode activate!
 
(With the extra boost from his skates' boosters, Shute successfully makes the jump. The audience is very impressed, as the applause shows.)
 
Shute: And now, I will jump over this line of fifteen barrels!
 
(Eight more barrels roll out and join the seven barrels(It's a really big stage, so there's plenty of room). Shute begins to circle around, really building up speed. As he prepares to make the jump, he goes to speak into his cell phone.)
 
Shute: Rocket roller power- huh?
 
(The screen has the words `Rockets out of fuel' on it.)
 
Shute: Crud. Um…
 
(Shute takes a quick turn, not taking the jump. He then makes a u-turn, going at the barrels vertically. He hops over the line.)
 
Audience: …
 
Shute: …Um… Tada!
 
(WHAM! The entire audience facefaults. Cut to the judges table, where the judges have done the same.)
 
Sayla: Well…you can't say he didn't jump over the barrel line…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Cy rubbed his head. There was no way he could have predicted that.
“Shute must have forgotten to refuel his skates after the rehearsals,” Captain commented, “Before, he could jump all three lines.”
“Yeah, I'm sure,” Cy sighed. He glanced at the contestants. “Alright, everyone,” he paused as Shute entered, looking a little flushed, “Tomorrow we'll go to the outdoor portion of the show at the beach club, so rest up and get your sunscreen.”
“What are we going there?” Kibaomaru asked.
“You'll see,” snickered Cy, as Princess Rele and Sayla giggled behind him, “Oh, you'll see…”
The guys exchanged worried looks.
“I shoulda stayed in bed,” whispered Bakunetsumaru to Zero.