SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. SD Gundam Force ❯ The Awards ceremony ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

In the lounge, the guys were seated in the various couches stationed around.
“It's finally here,” Shute said, “The end of the show.”
“And not a moment too soon,” Grappler said, “We've been insulted, humiliated, annoyed, and beaten on!”
“Who do you think will win?” Captain asked.
“Well,” Zero said a bit smugly, “I do believe we all know who the winner here is.”
“So it doesn't need to be said,” Bakunetsumaru said, just as smugly.
From the ceiling, Cobramaru rolled his eyes. `Oh, brother!'
Kibaomaru moved a piece on his shogi board. “Nonetheless, we'll all be walking away with some ludicrous award.”
“But dat's the best part!” Destroyer protested.
“It'll be nice to have something to show for all this,” Zapper grumbled.
Suddenly, the red light on the wall began to blink.
“We're on,” Chief Haro noted.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Open up to the stage, with the curtain open. Red Mic Zako is standing in the center, with the competitors standing in a line behind him.)
 
Announcer: Welcome back to Mr. SD Gundam Force! Brought to you by… (Screen switches to an image of a can) canned products! If you need a can opener to get to it, then it's CANNED! (Cut back to the stage, center in on Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: Zako zako! Hello, ladies and gentlebots! Now we've come to the point that you've all waited for. The awards ceremony!
 
(There is applause.)
 
Red Mic: First off, let's take a moment to thank are panel of judges, as well as all those who participated in the voting!
 
(There is more applause. Cut to the judges' table. Sayla, Relena, and Rain wave to the camera. Cut back to Red Mic, who now has a list in his other hand.)
 
Red Mic: First up, the award for Best Strength…Captain Gundam!
 
(Cut to Captain(Defender mode) as the audience applaudes. He doesn't react, save for opening his faceplate and switching his eyes to `happy' for a brief second. Cut to Zapper and Grappler.)
 
Zapper: Big surprise.
 
(Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: Next up, Best Speed! The winner is…Cobramaru!
 
(Applause. Cut to Cobramaru, who closes his eyes and gives a satisfied smirk. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, for Best Form, the award goes to…Zero, the Winged Knight!
 
(Applause. Cut to Zero, who floats up into the air and does a mid-air pirouette. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And the award for Best Looks goes to Lord Grappler Gouf!
 
(Applause. Cut to Grappler, who is holding up his hand in the air. Cut to Bakunetsumaru, who is looking a bit annoyed.)
 
Bakunetsumaru: Best Looks? Him? I've seen better looking heads in my master's garden!
 
Zero: Jealous, maybe?
 
(Cut to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, for Best Smile, the award goes to Shute!
 
(There is a HUGE amount of applause. Cut to Shute, who is looking a little surprised. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: Zako-zako, now it's time to award the Best Voice. It goes to…Lord Zapper Zaku?
 
(There is some scattered applause. Cut to Zapper.)
 
Zapper: Woo-hoo! Awright! Go me!
 
(Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, for Best Eyes, Bakunetsumaru, zako!
 
(There is applause. Cut to Bakunetsumaru, who is looking pleased with himself, dancing on his heels. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, we'll give the award for Best Talent. And it goes to…Chief Haro! Zakooo!
 
(Applause. Cut to Chief Haro, who's ears flap. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, the one with Best Style is…Lord Kibaomaru!
 
(Applause, yadda yadda yadda. Cut to Kibaomaru, who glowers at the camera. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: Now, zako, the award for Best Legs goes to…Lord Destroyer Dom!
 
(There is a great deal of applause, followed by some whoops. Cut to Destroyer, who is looking confused, but okay with it. Cut back to Red Mic.)
 
Red Mic: And now, everyone, the moment you've all been waiting for! That's right, zako, it's time to announce the name of Mr. SD Gundam Force! Zakoooo!
 
(Applause.)
 
Red Mic: And the winner is… um, where's the sheet?
 
(There is a barking noise. A seal flops its way out from stage left, toward Red Mic, much to his surprise. In the seal's mouth is an envelope.)
 
Red Mic: Zako…? Oh wait, I get it.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In his office, Cy allowed himself a laugh.
“Big announcements are always kept in sealed envelopes,” He grinned.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Red Mic is busy opening the envelop.)
 
Red Mic: And the winner is…(Pauses, turns his head to the right) Char, zako?
 
(Pan to stage right, where CHAR AZNABLE, of Gundam legend, comes out, in his Counterattack look. There is huge applause, and Sayla Mass runs up and gives him a hug.)
 
Sayla: What are you doing here?
 
Char: Just in the neighborhood.
 
Zapper(OC): Wait a minute! Hold on, here!
 
(Zapper storms up to them, looking furious.)
 
Zapper: HE'S Mr. SD Gundam Force!? He wasn't in any of the events!
 
Red Mic: Of course not, zako. I haven't opened the envelope yet!
 
(Everyone facefaults, hitting the floor with a thunderous wham. Everyone recovers, and Zapper takes the envelope away from Red Mic.)
 
Zapper: Gimme that! (Tears it open, reads) And the winner…(Eye popping out) SHUTE?!
 
(Major applause. Audio version of Taiyo Ni Kogarete begins to play. Cut to the line up of contestants, and pan across. Each one is downright flabbergasted, with the exception of Captain, who merely pats Shute's shoulder. Sayla(SDGF version) and Princess Rele pop up from behind and push Shute into center stage. He is still looking surprised as someone puts a wrap(Like the kind a mayor wears) around him. Relena and Rain come up, and Rain bends down and gives Shute a kiss on the cheek.)
 
Shute(Blushing and rubbing cheek): But…why me!?
 
Relena: Well, why not?
 
Rain: Without you, there wouldn't be an SD Gundam Force. Roll it!
 
(Montage begins to play, accompanied by the song Hearts on Fire. It's a series of Shute-centric clips from the series, most notably the parts from Neotopia's Moment of Truth, where Shute rams GunVehicle Captain into Sazabi, and Everyone Vs The General, where Shute shatters Zeong's Soul Drive. [Could someone make a amv like this, please?] When the montage ends, we go back to the stage.)
 
Seal(Clapping): Arf arf arf!
 
Shute: You made that video for me?
 
Red Mic: And that's not all! Tell him the rest, zako!
 
Announcer: For all contestants of Mr. SD Gundam Force, we're giving each of you a…
 
(Scene cuts to a plaque.)
 
Announcer: …shiny plaque! Yes, a shiny plaque, the best anyone can get at a budget of twenty-five dollars, these commemorative plaques are sure to tell the world what division you won in!
 
(Scene goes back to the stage.)
 
Grappler(Aside, to Zapper): I think we're getting the short end of the stick, here…
 
Red Mic: And for the grand winner, a first class ticket on a luxury cruise!
 
Shute: I'm going on a cruise!?
 
Red Mic: Yes, you are, zako.
 
Shute: Me and my family!?
 
Red Mic: No, just you, zako.
 
Shute: Huh?
 
Red Mic: We could only afford one ticket.
 
Princess Rele(Gears turning in her head): Out of curiosity, where can one obtain tickets to this cruise?
 
Red Mic: Internet. Good thing we bought it there, it's the last one!
 
Princess Rele: (Rats!)
 
Red Mic: Anyway everyone, thanks for taking part in Mr. SD Gundam Force! Before we end the show, the producer has something special for you. Non-stop violence, zako!
 
(Montage starts. Dinosaurs theme music plays. Zapper punches Zako Soldier. Zapper gets knocked away by Zero. Destroyer is hit by a flying Zako. Zapper his kicked by Captain. Bakunetsumaru slams the workshop door on Shute. Bakunetsumaru and Entengo run right into a mana circle, sending the samurai flying. Zapper kicks Destroyer in mid-air. Grappler and Destroyer flying-kick Zapper. Zero flies into the top of a tunnel-entrance. Bakunetsumaru hits the ground hard enough to make a Baku-shaped indentation. Captain is knocked out of the sky by Genkimaru on flight-board. Note: Each hit is accompanied by a comical `bonk' noise.)
 
(Can you guess which episodes the clips come from?)
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Hey, Everyone! I've got an E-mail from Shute!” Keiko called
It had been three days since Shute left for the cruise, and for the rest of the Gundam Force had been staying at his family's house.
“What does it say?” Captain asked. He had been curious, since Shute's attempt to smuggle him aboard the boat as an `life-size Captain Gundam action figure' hadn't worked out. Even robots had to pay tickets, apparently.
“It says,” Keiko said, clearing her throat, “Dear family, Captain, and the rest, how are you doing? I'm having a great time, though I'm a little lonely. It's not just that I miss everyone back home, but I think I'm the only guy on the ship!”
“I thought tickets for that cruise were sold out.” Bakunetsumaru commented.
“Everyone else is a high-school girl, so there's no one my age to talk to. It's not so bad, at least. All the girls do their best to include me in all sorts of things.”
Zero's eyes bugged-out.
“I think some of them are from Neotopia too, so I'm doing my best to get along with them. Doing my best not to get a sunburn, Shute.”
Zero and Bakunetsumaru had frozen stone-solid at what they found out. Shute was the only boy…on a ship full of girls.
“Well,” Keiko said finally, “I hope he's being polite!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Well,” Shute said, putting the laptop away, “That takes care of that.” He looked to his left. “Think the guys are jealous?”
The seal stuck out his tongue.