SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Piracy Aboard the Chivvay ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay, listen up. This place is called Grand, and unlike your `other worlds' it's mostly water, with a few thousand scattered islands.
Nowhere is problem-free, and Grand is no different. Fer at least ten years, with been menaced by a robotic breed of pirate, and until recently, they've been pretty much unopposed.
But some new, uh, acquaintances a'mine tell me that these pirate-machines are from another world, part of somethin' called the Dark Axis. How do they know? `Cause they're from other worlds as well.
Now I gotta take this…Gundam Force to Pacifica, the last sanctuary against the Pirates, so they can help `save the world', you'd think that would be easy, wouldn't you?
 
Piracy Aboard The Chivvay
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the vast ocean of this world called Grand, a little boat chugged along. This boat, Love & Peace, was not an overly appeasing to the eye sort of sea craft, nor did it have any special weapons or features to make up for its ugliness. All it did, as it was meant to do, was get whoever was on it from point A to point B.
Whoever was on it was Sinbad, its much-griping owner, and five outworlders, the Gundam Force.
At the present time, meaning now, the two human members of the Gundam Force, Shute and Princess Rele, were on the deck, looking out at the endless-looking amount of sea that they needed the Love & Peace to get across.
Zero the Winged Knight and Bakunetsumaru were below deck, and on Rele request(or orders, as defined by a grumbling Bakunetsumaru) were attempting to clean up the Love & Peace. Or rather, they were waging war on the semi-sentient life that had evolved from the long-untouched gunk and grime.
Captain was busy helping Sinbad with directing the Love & Peace to its intended destination, which left the two human youngsters alone.
“Wow…” Shute breathed, looking out at the water. “It just goes out forever…”
Rele glanced at her interdimensional friend and smiled. “Yes, it does.” The Princess enjoyed these private moments, where she and Shute were alone. True, one of the Gundams or Sinbad could ruin the moment at any second, but she was going to enjoy it while she could.
And she had to admit, the ocean did appear to go out forever. And the waves went up and down, and up and down, up and down, up and down…
Shute glanced at her majesty and noticed her cheeks were developing a rather greenish hue.
“Are you okay?” He asked her.
Rele forced her eyes away from the mesmerizing water motions, and then answered, trying to keep her breakfast down. “I…don't believe…the sea agrees with me.”
The exchange was brought to an end when an unpleasant sounding bang erupted from below deck, followed by what might have been Sinbad cursing Grand-style.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Lord Gargos Gogg! Lord Gargos Gogg!”
Gargos looked down on the little zako, taking in the underling's diminutive stature. “What now, Zako?”
“Zako, we have detected the vessel carrying the Gundams, zako.”
Gargos was pleased. “Oh good. Steer towards it, and as soon as we get within rang, blast `em with our cannons!”
“Aye-aye, zako.”
Gargos looked in the direction the Chivvay was heading. Soon, one potential problem would be taken care of.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, on the Love & Peace, a potential problem wasn't being taken care of. In fact, the problem was probably being made worse!
It turned out the engine on the Love & Peace had died, and Sinbad's attempts to bring it back to life caused it blow out.
Shute offered to look at the engine, and though Sinbad wasn't too keen at letting, in his view, a `dumb kid' mess around with the heart of the Love & Peace, he figured it couldn't make things worse. At this point, he was ready to get some rope(an absolute must-have on a ship!) and have Captain and Zero tow the ship.
“Is this kid any good?” Sinbad asked, as Shute went at the thing one could, if feeling generous, call an engine.
“Shute has prodigious intuitiveness with machinery.” Captain answered, “He was able to repair me.”
“If anyone can fix your engine,” Zero said proudly, “It's Shute. He can do it.”
“I can't do it.” Announced the boy in question. Everyone else facefaulted.
Except for Captain, who asked, “Why do you say that?”
Shute scratched the back of his head sheepishly. “Well…some important-looking piece… kinda crumbled to dust. Heh.”
Sinbad rolled his eyes. “Oh well, time for plan B.” He was about to get some rope for the two flight-capable Gundams when Captain cried, “I am detecting a large vessel coming in our direction!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The motley crew of the Love & Peace rushed out on deck to affirm Captain's detections. And sure enough, coming at them from east-by-west was a large, red, none-too-friendly-looking vessel.
“We're saved!” Bakunetsumaru cried.
“We're doomed!” Cried Sinbad, “That's the flagship for the pirates!”
 
Zakozakozakozakozako
 
On the Chivvay's deck, Gargos Gogg saw the Gundams' vessel.
“All right boys!” He yelled, “Just like we rehearsed! Aim our cannons on that puny rig, and FIRE!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The Gundam Force and Sinbad saw the Pirate ship's cannons turn and point in their direction.
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! (And so forth.)
The cannon plasma blasts hit the Love & Peace dead-on, creating a great deal of smoke and saltwater.
Nodding, Gargos Gogg turned his back and marched into the door to below deck of the Chivvay, chuckling.
“Well, that's done. Set a course for the next island!”
And so the Pirate vessel sped off. If it stuck around, it would've seen that instead of being mere denizens of Davy Jones' Locker, the crew of the Love & Peace were actually standing on a magical circle, safeguarded by a magic shield, courtesy of Zero and Rele.
“Phew…Thanks, Zero, Rele.” Shute breathed, a little disoriented by the fact that a few moments ago, he and the others could have been blown to smithereens.
“No thanks are necessary, friend Shute, but now what do we do now?” replied Zero. He and her majesty couldn't keep this up indefinitely, and there was no telling how far the next island was.
“I'll tell ya what now,” Sinbad growled, “Where're gonna pay the Pirates a little visit!”
Bakunetsumaru looked at Sinbad, as did the others. “What do you mean?” asked the Musha Gundam.
“I mean, if we hustle, we can catch up with their ship,” Explained Sinbad, “I bet that rig has a lotta smaller ships we can use.”
“Like the one that attacked the village!” Rele cried happily.
“Right,” Captain said, “Let's go.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As it turned out, getting to and aboard the Chivvay was no problem. The large vessel wasn't very fast, and the only reason it had gotten the jump on the Gundam Force was that they were occupied with the Love & Peace's engine.
On the Chivvay's deck, Sinbad looked around for any sign or form of security.
“Looks like the coast's clear,” the young man said, eyes darting, “Quick, let's see if this rig has anything we can use.”
“How about that?” Shute pointed out the Grabola, still gripped by the crane.
Sinbad's eyes lite up. “Perfect!” He quickly guestured for the others to help him. “Quick, let's get it down and out before someone-“
“Zako?”
Everyone turned around to look at the Zako that appeared.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Lord Gargos Gogg! Lord Gargos Gogg, zako!”
Gargos put down the book he'd been reading, taken in an earlier raid, and glared at the Zako.
“What is it?” He growled.
“I-i-it's the Gundams!” The Zako squeaked, “They're on deck, trying to steal one of our boats, zako!”
“WHAT?!” Gargos leapt up, hitting his head on the ceiling. “But we blasted them with our cannons!”
The Zako had no answer to that, and simply stood there and shook with fear.
Gargos made a noise more associated with a volcano about to erupt. “Grrr…I'll have to take care'a this myself!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back on deck, a fight, if the term could be used as such, was in progress between the Zako crew of the Chivvay and the Gundams. Well, it wasn't much of a fight, if were to be honest about it. Basically, the Zakos kept charging blindly at the Gundams, only to be smacked away. Meanwhile, Sinbad, Shute, and Rele kept trying to get the Grabola down from the crane's grip.
“I could keep this up all day!” Bragged Bakunetsumaru, as he swatted more Zakos with his swords.
“We may have to,” Captain mentioned, punching another away. “At the amount of Zako soldiers this vessel holds, combined with the lack of progress the others are making.”
“We're doing the best we can!” Sinbad yelled, “This stupid thing won't let go!”
Eventually, Sinbad got so worked up he climbed onto the crane hand and began hitting it with his gun.
“Uh, Sinbad,” Shute said, “I don't think that's gonna-“
Shute was cut off by a groaning noise emanating from the crane. Then, with all the grace of a hippo in labor, the Grabola slipped from the crane and landed upside-down on the deck with a rather unpleasant sounding CRASH.
“Never mind,” Shute finished.
“Quick, let's get it into the water, now!” Sinbad yelled, jumping down from the crane.
“Zero, help!” Rele called out, and the Winged Knight was only too willing to help.
“Coming, milady!” Zero said, then he looked back at his fellow gundams, “Can you handle this without me?”
“Affirmitive,” Captain affirmed.
WHAT”S GOIN' ON HERE?!
All heads turned to the rather imposing presence of Gargos Gogg. Gargos himself blanched when he saw the Gundams.
“What the-? How'd you Gundams get here!?” He asked furiously.
“That's for us to know you to find out!” Captain answered.
Gargos glared. “Fine. I don't care about where y'came from,” he stepped forward in a threatening manner. “All I care about is where your going- DOWN.”
Captain was about to step forward to meet the unsaid challenge- but was blocked by one of Bakunetsumaru's swords.
“Captain,” The Musha Gundam said, “Go help the others with the boat. This-“ He brought his swords to a fighting stance. “-is my forte!”
Gargos laughed nastily, “You? You'll be lucky t' last a second against me, with those antique swords!”
With that, Gargos swung his clawed hands down on the samurai. Bakunetsumaru brought both swords up to block the assault.
A crowd of Zakos gathered to watch the fight. No one seemed to notice - or care - that the rest of the intruders were busy getting the Grabola right side-up, Zero and Rele using their magic, Shute, Captain and Sinbad using good ol' fashioned physical strength.
Meanwhile, the duel, if one were to use such a term, between Bakunetsumaru and Gargos Gogg appeared to have no end in sight, as the two were evenly matched. While Gargos was possibly stronger than Baku', his stubby feet made it difficult to keep up with the Musha Gundam's quick movements. But none of Bakunetsumaru's slashes seemed to affect the brutish robot.
Back with the rest of the Force, Zero and Rele were now using their magic to lower the Grabola into the water, while Shute looked over the edge and directed them. Sinbad and Captain kept an eye on the fight, hoping no one would notice what they were doing.
“Little bit more…lower, lower,” Said Shute, on his belly to get a better view, “A little bit more… Okay! That's it! Perfect!” Shute got up and yelled to Sinbad, “It's in!”
Sinbad quickly took off for the deck's edge and jumped, landing on the Grabola's top.
“Okay, hatch, hatch, where's the- Here it is!”
The thrusters of the Grabola glowed as the engines started up.
Shute flashed a thumb's up to Zero and Rele, who released the Grabola from their magic. Zero then picked up the Princess in his arms, and floated her down to the Grabola.
Back with Bakunetsumaru, the Musha Gundam noticed Captain waving to him. The Samurai knew at once it was time to go, but unfortunately, between him and his friends were Gargos Gogg and the Zakos.
“Hmm?” Gargos turned his head to see what the Bakunetsumaru found so diverting, and saw that the Grabola was gone from its roost…and the Gundam Force were jumping overboard. “Hey!”
Of course, by moving his attention from his opponent, Gargos gave Bakunetsumaru the opening he needed.
“Secret Arts…Baku Netsu…Tenkyo-Ken!”
The flaming `X' Bakunetsumaru created proved very usefull as Bakunetsumaru used to plow through the wall of enemies. As Baku' landed next to Captain, he said, “Well, time to go.”
Captain nodded, “Agreed.”
The two of them jumped overboard…and right into the Grabola via the open hatch.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Gargos Gogg regained consciousness, just in time to see the pirated-Grabola zoom off into the horizon.
“Th' Commodore's gonna kill me fer this,” He moaned.