SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Shang-hi'd! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay, I'd like to welcome ya to Grand, the world of high seas and adventure.
Last time, those Pirates sunk the Love & Peace, but thanks to some weird powers on account-a Zero and Rele, we managed to survive. Then, it was just a matter of sneaking aboard their flagship and stealin' one a'their smaller ships…heh, that Gargos Gogg must be feelin' pretty stupid right about now…
 
Shang-hi'ed!
 
A robot, officially designated Amuro Acguy, marched down a foreboding-looking hallway to what may usually was considered his inevitable doom.
It wasn't his fault that Gargos Gogg flopped the way he did. All Amuro had to do was relay the bad news…unfortunately.
Sure, his commanding officer, the ever-fearsome Commodore, stuck to the old adage of not killing the messenger, but that never stopped him from chewing Amuro out verbally.
Eventually, Amuro came to the one thing separating the Commodore' chambers and the foreboding hallway - A door, with two Zakos standing at each side.
Amuro didn't really know what good the Zakos were, especially since they looked as scared as he felt, being so close to the Commodore.
Amuro entered, and felt very relieved that the Commodore had his back to him, sitting in his chair. This bit of news wasn't worth telling him face to face.
“Sir,” Amuro began, very glad(and not for the first time) he wasn't built with sweat glands, “I-I just have received a contact from Gargos Gogg…and…”
“And?” The Commodore sounded like he already knew he wasn't going to like the news, but was waiting for the bombshell to drop.
“According to him…Gundams have appeared on this planet.” Amuro finished. He trembled, waiting for the Commodore's reaction(or overreaction, in this case)
He wasn't disappointed.
WHAT?!” Hollered the Commodore, swinging his chair around to give Amuro the full `benefit' of his attention, “GUNDAMS?!
If Amuro wasn't shaking before, he was now. Commodore Z'Gok wasn't a pleasant sight to see, even when he was in a calmer state of mind.
Built similar to Amuro Acguy, Z'Gok was even more menacing, bigger, with more powerful weapons, and special feature - His eye could circle around his head, giving him 360 degrees of visibility. And his reddish paint job made him downright scary.
“Y-yes sir,” Amuro affirmed, terrified for his life.
“We haven't had to deal with Gundams, not since we broke away from that cripple Zeong,” Z'Gok growled, his initial temper already cooling down. Which was good for Amuro, who could now give the `bad news' without fear of being scrapped.
“Well, sir, they appeared a few days ago, according to Gargos Gogg,” Amuro wasn't completely sure Gargos could tell time, so for all he knew the Gundams could have been running around for months. “And have recently they've stolen one of our ships, the Grabola.”
Z'Gok made a noise that would sound like chuckling, under most circumstances. “Heh Heh heh…”
“Sir?” Amuro, who was more used to seeing the Commodore in rage than anything, wasn't sure what to make of this. “Is something wrong?”
“No, no,” The crimson Commodore said, a certain nasty tone in his voice, “in fact, I think it's time to call in my ships…all of them.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the Grabola, now under control of the aforementioned Gundam gang, zipped through the water, weaving about and occasionally leaping out and back in again.
This pattern of movement was because of the vessel's new captain, Sinbad, who couldn't get over the fact he now had a ship that could break thirty miles(Nautical miles, which I'm fairly certain are longer than regular miles).
While Captain was for the most part, unaffected by the rather jarring course, Zero, Bakunetsumaru, and Rele would've been happier going straight, rather than over, around, and under every which way.
Shute was the only one who seemed to like what Sinbad's newfound form of seafaring, which up until recently, consisted of simply plodding as fast as the vessel would go to the intended destination.
All of a sudden, however, the joyride came to a would-be halt as the Grabola took a sharp turn left, causing all those who didn't have their safety belts fastened - which included everyone, as the arc-shaped ship didn't have such things - to become one with the right wall with a jarring SMACK.
Rele was the first to peel herself from the unexpected redirection. “Now really!” She admonished to the surprised Shute and Sinbad, “That's enough!”
“I didn't do that!” Sinbad attempted to snarl, but was too dizzy from the previous happenstance to make it menacing. He ran to the controls and attempted to correct their course. Unfortunately, nothing he did caused any change. “I've lost control of this heap!” He cursed.
Captain looked up from where he was helping Shute to his feet. “But if you are not controlling this ship - who is?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Amuro Acguy,” Commodore Z'Gok droned ominously, “Have a hundred Zakos at Pier 13.”
“Yes sir!” Amuro said, before running off to not just to implement those instructions, but to get as far away from the instructor as possible.
“Heh heh heh…” Z'Gok chuckled, “This is all too easy.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back on the Grabola, Bakunetsumaru asked the inevitable question.
“Where is this thing taking us?”
No one had an answer, and since the view screen was off, no one could see the approaching coastline of an island covered with factories…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At the aptly-named Pier 13, a hundred Zakos stood ready, waiting for the Grabola and its unwitting prisoners.
One Zako glanced at another and said, “Zako, I'm bored.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Eventually, the Gundam Force and Sinbad felt the Grabola slow down, and soon after that, they felt it stop.
The minute it seemed like the ship had no more surprises for its crew, Sinbad began to move to the hatch.
“Time to see where we are.” He explained, as he began working the door on the ceiling.
“It could be a trap,” Bakunetsumaru warned, and Sinbad stopped.
“Good point,” He conceded. The seaman looked at Captain. “You first.”
Captain nodded, and stuck his head out of the hatch.
“All clear!” The GP01 announced, and soon everyone else was out.
The area they were in was dank, dark, deserted pier that looked like no one had used for years. Barely readable over some graffiti was a sign showing the number 13.
In fact, the area seemed utterly devoid of activity…aside from one working security camera the group noticed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Z'Gok stared at his video moniters, showing the bewildered Gundams and humans. They had arrived at Pier 13, on time as planned…
But where were the Zakos?!
“Acguy!” The Commodore boomed to his nearby lackey.
Amuro snapped to attention. “Sir!”
Z'Gok did his best not to sound angry…too much. “Didn't I order you to have a hundred Zako Sailors at Pier 13?”
Amuro nodded vigorously. “Yes sir! They should be there now!”
“Is that so? Then…” At this point Z'Gok grabbed Amuro very painfully with his claws and swung around so the stooge can see the moniter. “WHERE ARE THEY?!”
Amuro squirmed in his superiors grip before looking at the screen.
“Oh…That Pier 13. I thought you meant the new Pier 13. We haven't used that one since the paintball incident- Awk!”
Z'Gok flung Amuro against the wall without any preamble.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, the Gundam Gang was busy wandering around, trying to take in their new surroundings. Or, in some terms, not take in their new surroundings.
“Boy, what's that awful smell?” Shute complained, his face contorted into a scowl at the unpleasant odor.
“It is most foul,” Agreed Rele, placing a handkerchief over her mouth and noise daintily.
Captain's scope slid down. “There is sulfur and smoke in the air,” He announced.
Bakunetsumaru wasn't too concerned with the air quality. He had his focus on Sinbad, who had strange look in his eyes, a look he had seen those eyes on another.
Zero, during their brief visit to the ruined Kingdom of Lacroa.
“Is there something to this place you know about, Sinbad?” Baku' questioned, concerned for the seaman.
“This…” Sinbad sounded like he was in a dream, “This is Atlanter…my home.”
Everyone looked at him suddenly. This was one tidbit until recently unknown!
“You're…home?” Shute delicately.
“Yeah,” Sinbad had a far-off look in his eyes now. “My home.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
(Sinbad's narration)
 
When the Pirates attacked…we didn't know what to do. Things kept happening too quickly, and we were going stir crazy trying to make sense of it.
Eventually, anyone who couldn't fight, like the old, young, and infirm, were put on a boat and taken to `safer' waters.
That was twelve years ago.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Sinbad finished his narration. The Gundam force looked at each other, then each did they're best to comfort the seaman. They all knew what it was like to have the peace and safety of home shattered so quickly.
“Did you have family here?” Rele asked, thinking of her father.
“yeah, my mom,” Sinbad answered sadly, “She was a fighting Sailor for Atlanter, so she stay behind. I've haven't seen her since.” He looked up at the huge buildings. “And I guess I never will.”
No one knew what to say to that. It was then they heard the tromp-tromp-tromp normally associated with footsteps.
“Now what?” Sinbad growled, the trip down memory lane making him irritable.
They all turned around to see a large number of Zakos - looking mighty irritable themselves, for some reason - marching down the street in their general direction!
“Oh great!” Groused Sinbad, “Whadda we do now?”
“I suggest a strategic retreat,” Captain intoned, “It would not be wise to engage in combat here.”
“Sounds good to me!” Shute agreed. And without much more to say, the Gundam Gang took off.
Except for Bakunetsumaru, who had his swords out, and his ears closed to what was just said.
“Come and get me you spawns of evil,” He challenged, “And taste my blade!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
After a great of running, Shute allowed himself to stop and catch his breath, self-assured of his own safety.
“I think we lost them, guys- Guys?” Shute looked around, and found that he was alone. “Captain? Sinbad? Zero, Rele? ANYONE?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Captain stopped running, and believing to have put considerable distance between himself and the Zako hoard.
“Are you alright Shute-“ Captain broke off when he realized no one was there. “Shute? Shute!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Zero looked around in a panicked fashion.
“Princess Rele? You majesty?!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Rele had never felt so alone, as she wandered the dark alley she found herself in.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Sinbad glanced around, seeing no one friendly.
“Sheesh, whatever happened to `togetherness'?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
It seems that in their haste to initiate a strategic retreat, Each member of the Gundam Force and Sinbad had run down separate road, not just losing their persuers, but the rest of their group!
And as for Bakunetsumaru, the only one who didn't run?
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The Musha Gundam trudged away from the scene of the battle, using his swords as makeshift crutches, worn out from the fighting.
“So…many…” Bakunetsumaru moaned, fatigue setting in. “Must…get… to the others…”
Bakunetsumaru moaned, and fell on the ground face first.
“But first a nap…Zzzzzzz…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Commodore Z'Gok stared at the monitors, each one showing one of the Gundams/humans.
“I'll get you…” He hissed, “You won't escape!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
TO BE CONTINUED