SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Escape From Z'Gok ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Shute here! Last time, we forcibly arrived at Sinbad's old birthplace, Atlanter, now industrialized by the Dark Axis. But while attempting to avoid capture, we ended up separating ourselves! Now we've got to get back together, and out of this mess!
Don't worry, Captain, we can do it!
 
Escape from Z'Gok!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Shute wasn't going to panic.
No really, he wasn't.
Even though he was in a foreboding ally on a foreboding island covered in foreboding factories, and that he was separated from his friends, and the current rulers of the island could care less about organic life in general, he wasn't going to panic.
“I'm not gonna panic,” Shute said to himself, under self-restraint not to jump at every shadow like a little sissy-boy, “I just gotta stay calm, and everything's gonna turn out okay-“
“Zako! Look! A human!”
With a slight combination between a shriek and a yelp, Shute took off as fast his little legs could carry him, followed quickly by at least three dozen Zakos.
But he didn't panic, no sir.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Captain wasn't panicking. He was too intrigued by what he was seeing.
Earlier, the Mobile Defender of Neotopia had ducked into a random-looking building, after getting over his initial shock about losing track of Shute, in order to avoid some security detail.
What he saw was most interesting.
Amid the sound of machinery, power tools, the smell of molten copper, A massive crimson vessel was being developed.
It was huge, possibly three times the size of the Chivvay.
All around, various Zakos kept working on it, filling it with supplies, connecting wires, doing this, doing that, etc. and so forth.
“What is this…?” Captain queried to no one in particular.
“Hey, zako!” Someone yelled, “It's a gundam!”
Captain whirled around to see a group of Zakos racing towards him. The GP01 whipped out his V Rod. He then noticed that every Zako in the building was coming after him. This was going to get rough.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
It certainly was rough for Princess Rele. Not only was she trapped on a strange island, but she was alone - no Zero, no Shute. When she was Kibaomaru's prisoner, at least she had the Neotopian boy's company, but now…now she was truly by herself.
“Zako!”
Of course, compared to a few Zakos chasing her, being alone wasn't ALL bad.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Z'Gok sat at the security monitors, fuming.
Not only had his idiot security force went to the wrong port to capture the cursed Gundams, but now he had lost track of them on his monitors!
“Where are they…” He muttered. Gundams don't just vanish into thin air!
It was at that moment that a Zako walked in. “Zako!” It said, alerting the Commodore to its presence.
“What do you want?” Snarled Z'Gok. “Did you find one of the Gundams?”
“No sir, zako!” the little bit of cannon fodder answered nervously. It had heard tales of the Commodore's violent fury, and was taking measures not to be near his grasp.
“THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE!?” Roared Z'Gok, the power of his voice causing the room to shake.
“Well, ah, zako zako,” The Zako tried not to lose its balance, “Be-Because we captured one of their humans, zako!” the Zako cried anxiously.
“What?!” Z'Gok yelled, “A human?!”
Before the terrified Zako could affirm, two more Zakos came in with a constantly struggling Shute. The boy wasn't going to make things easy for his captors…until he got a good look at Commodore Z'Gok.
“So…human.” Z'Gok began, giving Shute the evilest of evil eyes. “Tell me…WHERE DID THOSE ACCURSED GUNDAMS COME FROM!?!?
Shute gave a slight yelp as his Zako captors dove behind him for cover.
For a brief moment, Shute's life flashed before his eyes. Considering he was 10 years old, this wasn't an all too glaring flash.
“Well?” Snarled Z'Gok.
“Beats me,” Shute shrugged, lying through his teeth.
An ominous silence ensued. It was at last broken by the Commodore.
“Of course you know…you have to know…” Murmured Z'Gok, more to himself than anyone. He began to walk out of the office. “But that's a pretty good idea…”
Just before the Commodore left the room, he threw one last order at the Zakos.
“Beat him.”
The Zakos looked at Shute.
Shute looked back at the Zakos.
“Zako!” and the Zakos leapt at Shute. It would have been the end for the young boy, but luckily he had developed the reflexes needed to avoid such an end in various games of dodge ball. So, he just jumped to the side-
Clang!
-And the hapless Zakos, who were standing on either side of Shute, knocked each other out when the leapt and collided.
Shute nodded triumphantly. “Ha! That was easy.” The Neotopian looked around for any other surprises. “Time to go.”
Shute was about to make his way to the door when he noticed some sort of notebook on Z'Gok's desk. Curious, Shute picked it up. He would've opened it up to what was written inside, but the groaning of two Zakos coming back to the world of the awaken told him to save for a safer reading area, preferably off the island. Shute went ahead and cut out.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Sinbad wasn't too sure what to think. Ever since he'd been separated from the Gundam Force, he'd been looking around, checking out the various buildings and such. It was quite unpleasant to see any remnants of his old home now had large factories built over, but even more so when he released what those factories were making on their production lines.
`Ships…missles…' Sinbad thought to himself, not really paying attention to what he was doing. He was so lost in thought that he didn't realize he had wandered into a supply room with a small grouping of Zakos, not until one of the little guys yelled, “Hey, A human! Let's get him!”
A few swings of Sinbad's musket was more than to quell any urge to arrest him the Zakos had.
“He's pretty tough, zako!” One Zako cried, nursing the bump on its head.
“Zako,” Another said, “Let's get reinforcements!”
And with that, the little band of robots rushed out of the room.
`Finally,' Sinbad thought, `Now I can think.' It didn't occur to him that reinforcements might be a bad thing-
“Zako!”
At least, not until that same bunch with many more rushed back into the room, trampling the seaman.
“Where is the human, zako?” One Zako, the leader, asked, unaware that said human had been just used as a doormat.
“He must have run off!” Another yelled, equally unaware of the falsehood of its statement, “Let's go, zako!”
And so, the zako squad rushed out, once again trampling Sinbad, leaving him to his thoughts, now filled with fantasies involving the wholesale slaughter of little robots.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Princess Rele slumped against the wall, exhausted. She had been throwing spell after spell after spell at her pursuers, in several vain attempts to get them off her back. But now, she was out of magic, and trapped at a dead-end in an alley she thought was a shortcut.
As the hoard of Zakos closed in on her, Amuro Acguy shoved his way to the front.
“Finally,” He said, “Are you going to come with us quietly and stop throwing those weird things at us.”
She would have answered, but it wasn't princess-like to swear.
“All right,” Amuro gestured to the Zakos. “Go get her-“
Before Amuro could finish, a sharp beam o light shot down into the crowd, scattering the Zakos. They were in an alley, so they weren't scattered to far. Meanwhile, there was a slight burst of light in front Rele.
The Princess of Lacroa gasped, “Zero!”
Yes, it was Zero, his shield and sword ready at hand. “I have sworn an oath to protect all fair maidens from evil forces, and I will be true to that oath, regardless of the dangers!” He declared dramatically.
Amuro was somewhat put off by the sudden bout of dramatics, but not so much to realize what was going on.
“Hey!” He cried, “You're a gundam!”
Zero turned back to Amuro, and took a battle-stance.
“This is great!”
Now it was the Lacroans turn to be put off. “What?” Zero asked, feeling a sweatdrop run down his head.
“I was wondering how I was gonna find you gundams,” explained Amuro, “Then you pop up! This is gonna really save me some time!”
“Assuming, of course,” Zero readied his sword, “You capture me.”
Amuro raised his arms and three blades popped out of each one. The mono-eyed robot lunged at the Knight Gundam.
The two robot warriors' blades clashed, as the two went at it. With Zero busy, the Zakos would've used this chance to capture Rele, but there wasn't enough room in the alley for anyone to get around Zero and Amuro. As it turned out, Amuro wasn't as good as fighter as the other Dark Axis leaders, somewhat less than Grappler Gouf. However, Amuro's spinning blade hands made it difficult for Zero to get an edge, so the two were at a standstill.
This didn't last, however, as Zero managed to bunt Acguy back into the crowd of Zakos.
“Lacroa…Crescent!” Zero sweeped his sword through the air, sending an ark of magical energy at the robots, causing them to explode with a KER-BAMF!
With Amuro and the Zakos temporarily indisposed, Zero turned back to his princess.
“Your majesty, let us leave this wretched place.” The knight said, kneeling.
Rele smiled. “Lets.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
`Let's see,' Shute thought as he ran. `This is where I last saw everyone before we got separated. So maybe-`
Shute's train of thought derailed when he ran into someone, knocking them both down. It was Sinbad!
“Oof!” Sinbad grunted, as his `landing pad' hit the ground. “Watch it will y-Shute!”
“Sinbad, your okay!” Shute cried, happy, then he looked confused. “But what happened to you? You look like someone used you as a doormat.”
“I'll tell ya about it later,” Sinbad muttered, looking somewhat annoyed. He thought he wiped those footprints off. “But where is everyone?”
Shute shook his head. “I don't know,” he admitted, “I came back here because I thought everyone else would be here.”
“Yeah, me too,” Sighed Sinbad.
Just then they both heard the sound of rockets. Looking up, they both saw Captain Gundam fly down to them.
“Captain!” Shute cried happily, glad to see his friend. The boy ran up to greet the Gundam. Sinbad grinned. “Lemme guess, you thought we'd be here too?”
“Affirmitive,” Captain responded. “I believed everyone would return to the point where we last saw each other.”
Shute looked from Captain to see two more familiar faces coming down from upwards.
“Zero! Princess Rele!” Shute ran up to the knight and royal. Zero let Rele out of his arms so she could stand.
“It looks like everyone one is here,” Zero commented.
Rele, however, wasn't too sure about that. “But where is-“ She gasped as she saw the prone figure of a certain Musha Gundam lying face-first on the ground, several yards ahead of her.
“BAKUNETSUMARU!” Everyone ran over to the samurai and saw he was covered in various cuts and scratches.
Shute looked horrified. “Is…is he-“
“Zzzzzzzzz….”
Everyone sweatdropped.
“Asleep.” Shute finished, staring at the indeed snoozing warrior.
“I don't believe this,” Zero muttered, and he gave Baku' a good kick. “Wake up, you lightheaded fool!”
Bakunetsumaru groaned, before coming to. “Wha…hrmm…huh?”
He was up instantly, swords drawn “Zero! What's going on?! How many are there!? Where am I?! What was I doing?!” he demanded.
“You were sleeping.” Captain stated calmly.
“Sleeping?” Baku' asked, a `?' appearing over his head for a moment. “All that fighting must have taken a lot out of me.”
“All what fighting?” Shute asked, a `?' of his appearing over his head. Rele tapped Shute's shoulder and gestured around. Shute then noticed all the Zako bodies lying…the amount of which rose into the hundreds.
Sinbad was awestruck. “YOU did all this?” he asked, a look of pure astonishment on his face.
Baku' nodded. “I am a warrior,” He said proudly, “I do not flee from battle - Not if I can help it.” That would have been very impressive - if he hadn't collapsed a second a later.
Sinbad shook his head as the others went to Bakunetsumaru's aid. `What a buncha characters.'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Aboard the Grabola, while Captain and Zero laid Bakunetsumaru to rest on the floor, Sinbad and Shute went at the controls.
“What are you doing?” Rele asked.
“I don't know about you,” Sinbad replied testily, “But I don't wanna have to come back to this place, so me and Shute are gonna hafta re-wire this thing so we don't wind up like last time, so either help out and keep out while me and Shute get busy.”
Some noises were heard from outside.
“Now what?” Snarled Sinbad, feeling mighty testy.
“I'll go look,” Zero volunteered, and flew up through the hatch.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As soon as the Winged Knight got outside, he saw a few hundred Zakos - some of which, he noticed were part of Amuro Acguy's security force! Amuro himself was noticeably absent.
Zero shook his head. Raising his hand, he called out, “O Mana, come to me! By your pact with the Winged Knight, be my sword and my shield!”
The Mana circle, with all its runes and such, appeared and Zero's shield lowered down from it. After unsheathing his Vatras sword, Zero gave it a swing.
“Super Magical Violet Tornado!”
The powerful gusts, laced with rose petals, easily blew the Zakos away.
“I hope Shute and Sinbad are having as much ease as I am!” Zero laughed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
They weren't.
“What's with this stupid thing!?” Sinbad roared, feeling fit to tear his hair. No matter how hard they tried, the ship wouldn't leave the pier.
“There's gotta be something we missed!” Shute yelled frantically.
“Excuse me,” Rele said.
“What?!” Snapped the two human boys.
Put off, and feeling very haughty as a result, the Princess raised her noise and pointed to a part of the console they hadn't looked.
A flashing light with some writing underneath.
 
Return-home beacon
Do not forcibly tear out.
 
The boy and man stared.
“Oh!” They both cried.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Outside, Zero observed his handy work. He wasn't sure how far the Zakos had flown, but he couldn't see them anymore.
Just then Shute's head popped out of the hatch.
“Zero, c'mon! We're getting outta here!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Commodore Z'Gok was not happy to find out the human boy had escaped. He was very ticked to hear that Amuro had been defeated by one of the Gundams. He was pretty opset to find his notebook gine. And he was certifiably P.O'd when it became apparent the Return-home beacon on the Grabola, so when the Gundams made their way off the island in it he couldn't bring them back.
He didn't bother to turn from the monitors as he heard the door open. “Well, what is it?”
“W-well, sir, Commodore, sir,” He recognized Amuro's stutter. “E-even though the, ah, Gundams escaped…” Amuro quickly sped up when he felt the aura of malice his commanding officer began putting off. “TheTivvayhasbeencompletedandwillbereadytolaunchassoonaswechar tacourseSIR!”
Z'Gok whirled around. “The Tivvay has been finished?!”
Amuro was too terrified of the crimson robot to reply verbally, so he just nodded fiercely.
Z'Gok began to laugh. At least SOMETHING good happened today! “Fantastic. And I've already have a destination for its first voyage…”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On board the Grabola, Shute read the list written in the notebook he picked up from the Commodore's office.
 
Item 1: Finish construction of Tivvay
Item 2: Invade Pacifica
Item 3: Conquer/Destroy Pacifica