SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Gundams From Space II ( Chapter 33 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Welcome to Neotopia, city of the near-future. As the most advanced city on the planet, we've gotten our fair share of unusual stuff, like the evil robots from another dimension. But now we've got aliens as well!
Last time, two out-of-this-worldly characters crashed onto the scene. One, a gundam named Orion, is the good guy. We found him easy enough…but there's a bad guy too, an alien invader, and we've got to find him, before something happens!
 
Gundams from Space, part II
 
On a building in Neotopia, two beings were listening closely to a radio. One of them was human, with dark skin and wearing clothes of Arabian origin, complete with a turban that covered his/her head, obscuring his/her face, expect for two yellow eyes. The other was a robot, one of an odd design. It was blue, with shoulder pads that curved upward. The joints that connected his legs were visable, and his head pointed up like a spike. Instead of one mono-eye, this strange robot had two; one were it should be and another above it, in a curved slot with the rounded side pointed up. On it's back were odd, manta ray-like fins(best way to describe them), and in the center was red glass…thing, similar to a soulstone.
“Where is the Zaft?” One voice on the radio said.
“We don't know!” Another replied somewhat frantically.
The robot looked at the Arabian. “Zaft? What's that?”
“I don't know,” the turban answered. “We should learn more about this situation though, before making a move.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In Blanc Base, Orion looked very distraught. “This is not good, not good at all,”
“It can't be that bad,” Shute protested, “Can it?”
“I would prefer to get handle on the situation before it does,” Chief Haro said. He began to issue orders. “Juli, contact Neotopia Police and Mayor Gathermoon, alert them to the situation, Orion, I need a full description of this zaft creature you were fighting.”
“Affirmitive,” Orion proceeded to give an in-depth view on what the zaft looked like.
“Sir, won't the concept of an alien invader throw the population into a state of panic?” Juli asked as she jotted down what Orion was saying onto a clipboard.
“That's why I hope to find it before they do,” Chief Haro answered softly.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In the city of Neotopia, a strange figure walked amongst the populace. His appearance gave the humans and robots reason to stare, but he paid them no mind.
His was roughly the same size as Hyper Captain Gundam, give or take a few inches. His face, for some odd coincidence, resembled that of Dark Axis like Zapper Zaku, complete with the mono-eye, though he was leaner in some sense. Another difference was that his mouth piece wasn't square, but rounded. Instead of rectangular his head was rounded, which was topped off by what looked like(to onlookers) to be a large thick metal fin. On his back were flight boosters that resembled streamlined wings, though these looked damaged for some reason. His coloring was a mix between white and metal.
“What a mess…” He groaned(his mouthpiece did not move), “Here I am, stuck on some forsaken rock in some unspecified point in space, with no chance of getting home and back on the front lines,”
He felt some comfort, though, with the feeling that the accursed Gundam foe was no better off than he was, AND(he thought) still rotting in that dumb crater.
`Now if only I could contact the fleet,' he thought unhappily. An earlier communication attempt had yielded nothing. Maybe if he could get outside the atmosphere, he might be able to fly back…
Problem was his flight boosters were damaged from his fight with Orion, no longer strong enough to get him into orbit.
“So you're going to buy one?”
“You bet!”
His attention was grabbed at this moment, by two boys(He still couldn't get over the similarities to the Terrans!) engaged in conversation.
“The Thousand-Year Bird's the best ship in the series! I've been saving up my allowance for this!”
“Whaddya talkin' about? It's nowhere nearly as good as the S-Foil!”
“Says you! the Bird can enter orbit and lightspeed in 2 minutes! Beat that!”
The Zaft(You mean you haven't figured it out!? How stupid!) couldn't believe his luck! If this spaceship dealer would sell to small children, getting his own transport would a child's play…so to speak.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at Blanc Base, Orion made an odd request.
“Will you take me back to my crash site?” Orion asked.
“What for?” Captain asked.
“A crucial component was detached during my landing,” explained Orion, “If I don't find it, my combat abilities will be severely limited.”
And so, after getting permission to use a GunPerry, Orion, Captain and Shute set off. Along the way, Shute asked what this `crucial component' was.
“It's called the SEED,” explained Orion.
“Seed?” asked Shute, confused.
“The Space Energy Envelope Drive” clarified Orion, “It allows me to call my weapons to me from 0-D.”
“Zero D? What's that?” Captain asked.
“0-D, our scientists theorize, is the space between all dimensions and points,” explained Orion, “You can place an inexhaustible amount of materials in 0-D, and the SEED is a device that summons those items to my being.”
“Coool,” Shute breathed.
`A point between dimensions…' Thought Captain, `that must be his name for the Minov Sea,'
When they arrived at the crater, Captain and Orion jumped down to search for the SEED inside while Shute looked around the area around it. Unfortunately, the device Orion described was no where to be found.
“Where could it be?” Orion asked no one in particular, “I know it was connected to me before de-activating, therefore it should be here somewhere.”
“Can't find it?” Shute yelled from the crater's edge, “Me neither.” The boy thought for a moment. “Maybe someone took it?”
Orion had to admit Shute had a point. Unfortunately, no one had any idea who could've taken it. Before any suggestions could be made, Captain's V fin light up.
“Attention, Captain Gundam! The suspect has been sighted near Vinnie's Model Shop on 135th and Lon Street, and is causing a disturbance! Local police are helpless. Please respond!”
Captain looked up at Shute and Orion. “We'll have to search for the SEED later!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At Vinnie's, things were not pleasant. The Zaft was not happy to find out that the spaceships for sale were meant for decoration, and not space travel.
“How am I supposed to break out of the atmosphere with this!?” the Zaft demanded, shaking a space shuttle model in his hand, looming over the store clerk, a feat made more impressive by the fact that technically the human was taller than the alien.
“Who said they weren't toys?” Asked the trembling shopkeep.
“Argh!” the Zaft threw the model at the wall. He stomped out of the store in a huff. “Now what do I do…”
The Zaft looked ready to upend another car(when the police arrived, he that many times) when he noticed an ad someone fleeing the area dropped.
It read; WANT TO SEE THE EARTH AND STARS FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW? TRY THE SPACE COLONY EXPERIENCE!!!
The Zaft raised a figurative eyebrow. Space colony?
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At an unspecified but familiar corridor in Blanc Base, the robot and the turban were stationed at a computer terminal.
The turban glanced up and pointed at the security camera. A glass-like pyramid shot from the hand and enclosed over the camera.
“There, it won't see us,” the turban said, “Now hurry up!”
Without a reply, the robot began to type…
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At her post, Juli noticed an anomaly on her screen. It showed some sort of spacetime portal being opened up near the edge of the city' limits.
“Sir! Look at this!” Juli called out. When Chief Haro came over to get a look at it, he nodded.
“With Captain and Shute busy with the aliens, we have to launch GunEagle to investigate.”
“Do you think it's dangerous, sir?” Juli asked, “It doesn't appear to be like any reading we've had before.”
“That's why we're sending GunEagle,” Haro explained, “He can reach the site faster than anyone and find out.”
“Roger,” Juli began punching commands into her terminal, “GunEagle, prepare to launch!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at the corridor(y'know, that's a funny word, corridor…Let's get back to the story), the turban and the robot watched the successful launch of GunEagle on a nearby monitor.
“Okay, on to #2,” declared the robot. It was about to begin typing again when the turban nudged its shoulder.
“Not now,” the turban said. He was about to say more but was interrupted by two SDG GMs coming around the corner.
“Hey, intruders!” The two had their heads immediately incased in pyramids. One GM looked at the other. “Uhm, what does déjà vu mean?”
“You were saying?” the unnamed robot asked.
“If we cause another blip on their radar to quickly, they may get suspicious.” Explained the turban, “Wait until the first unit reaches the site.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At the model shop, Team Captain(little group name) were investigating the Zaft's rampage. While Captain and Orion examined the surroundings, Shute interviewed the clerk on what had happened.
“…And then he left?” Shute asked, handing him a bandage.
“Just after throwing over another car,” The clerk replied, “I don't get what his problem was, though.”
Outside, Shute met with the Gundams and talked about what happened. While they did, two electricians worked on fixing a street light directly behind Shute.
“I don't understand why the Zaft would come here,” Orion confessed, “If I'm right, he should be finding a way off-planet by now, how could he accomplish that is this area?”
Shute laughed. “Maybe he thought one of the shuttle models would do the trick!” Suddenly, a lightbulb went one over his head(Electrician: “Fixed it!). “Hey! I think I know where to find him!”
Captain and Orion looked to him to elaborate. Before Shute could, Captain's V fin beeped. The image Captain projected from it showed Kao Lyn, doing his expected martial arts posturing.
“Captain! Shute! I have news for Orion!” He announced, “Our satellites have detected a wormhole in space! This flux in space may be the thing that brought you into our solar system!” He paused to do some katas. “Annnnd this is a door that swings both ways! Wa-ha-ha!”
Captain glanced at Orion. “That's good. At least you may be able to get home now.”
Orion shook his head. “I can't leave now. It'd be too dangerous to leave the Zaft invader here unchecked.”
Shute jumped. “Oh my gosh! I almost forgot! To the airport!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The Neotopia airport was the misleading name of the center of Neotopia's travel needs. It was the place to go if you wanted go far, far away in a jiffy, even if far, far away meant into orbit. Even though the disaster of Axis Space Colony's disappearance had set the space program back a step, Earth now had two orbiting `homes away from homes'…each with its own corporate sponsor. However, due to the fact that colonies had to circle the entire planet before being in range of a shuttle launch, flights to one of the two were far and few between. Even though no launches were scheduled for today(or the next two months), shuttles were being kept in reserve, constantly being prepped for the eventual flight to come.
This didn't come as good news for the Zaft, as he was hoping to simply smuggle aboard the next launch into space and hijack the craft after the flight(He did not want to bring a bunch of Terran look-alikes along for the ride!). Nonetheless, he was determined to get off the planet now, and didn't care who or what he had to get through in order to do so. Which was why the airport was in currently in a state of chaos. It had started simply enough, a few inquiries, at most. Unfortunately, his little tantrum in town had put the officials on high-alert. And those that weren't on the lookout for the Zaft thought him to be an agent of the Dark Axis(whatever THAT was!) trying to conquer Neotopia.
After effectively fighting his way through an ineffective security force, the Zaft finally made his way to before the entrance to a hanger bay.
“This better not be another bum lead…” sighed the Zaft. Before he could enter, he heard the sound of rocket boosters from above. Leaping back, the Zaft was somewhat thunderstruck as a different gundam landed before him!
`Huh?! A gundam?!' Thought the Zaft.
Captain Gundam readied a wrist blaster at the Zaft. “I have been granted special dispensation to use firearms by the authorities of Neotopia,” He announced, “Lay down your weapons and surrender!”
The Zaft glared at him. “Listen, yonbar-”(A/N: A Zaftese term for a law enforcer, akin to the moniker sherrif.)“-I don't have time to deal with any quaint backwater customs. I have a more advanced civilization to get back to, and subsequently conquer. Get it?”
“I can't allow you to do that,” Captain replied, “You have caused considerable damage to the city and must pay for your crimes. I would prefer to avoid violence, but if you do not come with me I will be forced to fire.”
The Zaft made a noise that might have been sneering laugh. “Give me a break, I've scrapped more advanced robots that you. Get outta my way, or else!”
Captain sighed. “I was afraid you'd say that.” Aiming his V-Rods, Captain opened fire on the Zaft.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at Blanc Base, Chief Haro was worried. While Captain's team was taking care of the Zaft, the base had detected several readings that required sending the SDG's other mobile defenders to the very edges of the radar, with the exception of the unfinished GP02. None of them found anything, but before they could return, the scanners would alert the base to another anomaly.
`Almost as if some force was trying to keep them occupied…' The chief. Suddenly, his ears began to flap wildly. “Juli, recall all of the dispatched units, immediately!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Captain had rocketed ahead of them, so when Shute and Orion arrived at the site he and the Zaft were already fighting. Both were rocketing around, trying to shoot each other, though it looked as if they were holding back some.
“Wow!” Shute cried, watching them from below. “The battle's started!”
Orion stared at the airborn Zaft. “I hope Captain can keep up with him.” He commented.
The Zaft was more than a little annoyed at Captain. Due to the close proximity of the hanger and the shuttle inside it, he couldn't unleash his full strength for fear of damaging it. Similarly, that was the same reason Captain was taking his time between each shot. He wanted to make each shot count, without causing unnecessary damage.
“I have to get him away from here!” Captain muttered, narrowly dodging a plasma bolt. Before he could counterattack, the Zaft grabbed him and began to pull.
“Let's take this somewhere else!” The Zaft commented, firing his boosters. Captain, trying to fight this treatment, fired his boosters in the opposite direction. This caused the two to spin and zig-zag uncontrollably. On the ground, Shute gasped as they careened around.
“Look at `em go!” Shute cheered, “I think Captain's got him on the ropes now!”
Orion didn't look so optimistic. “I'm not too sure about that,” he said, “The Zaft isn't showing its full strength…”
Meanwhile, Captain and the Zaft had crashed into a nearby cart, sending debris everywhere and shaking the ground.
“Whoa!” Shute yelled, falling back from the slight shockwave, landing on his rump. An odd device landed at his feet moments later. “Huh?”
The object was a gelatin-green screw-shaped object, roughly the size of a shoe(size 7