SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ One Dimension, Two Worlds ( Chapter 34 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Welcome to Neotopia, city of the future, and home of the Gundam Force. In our city, robots and humans live together in harmony, creating a peaceful, beautiful paradise. Yeah, I know you've heard it all before. And I know you've heard about the Dark Axis, evil invaders from another dimension that tried to conquer us all. Now it's time for the Gundam Force to help other dimensions attacked by the Dark Axis war machine. Let's go!
 
One Dimension, Two Worlds
 
At Lab C, the Gundamusai was ready to launch to another dimension, the next on the Gundam Force's mission. The launch took longer than necessary, mainly due to tedious triple-checks in security in Dimensional Transport Device mechanics.
“Do you think Bell Wood's getting paranoid?” Shute asked in his seat in the bridge.
“Considering the events that occurred at the last usage of the Transport Device, that's understandable,” Captain replied.
Outside, Bell Wood was typing away at a keyboard. “Okay, power source functioning normally? Check. Transport Device undamaged? Check. No zakos or any other uninvited guests sneaking around?” He glanced at two SDG GMs, who gave him a thumbs-up. “Double check! Okay, Dimensional Transportaion sequence…” The young scientist slammed his palm on a big red button, “Start-up!”
As the machine's gears began to turn, power began to flow. A large, purple/yellow vortex appeared, spinning the way vortexes do.
“Okay, guys,” Bell Wood yelled into a communicator, “It's all yours!”
“Affirmitive,” Captain answered. He pointed towards the vortex and ordered, “Gundamusai, forward!”
“Let's GO!” Shute crowed.
The Gundamusai flew into the vortex, vanishing in a burst of light. Back at his console, Bell Wood checked the system readings. They were all green.
“That's good,” he sighed, wiping his brow, “For once, nothing's gone wrong.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As the Gundamusai traveled through interspace, Shute watched in awe at the passing differently colored lights.
“I never get tired this,” He confided.
“Now entering new dimension!” RAIMI announced.
There was a flash of white, and the passing colors were replaced with…
Nothing but clear blue skies and clouds!
“Huh?” Bakunetsumaru said, looking flummoxed.
“This looks like the Minov Boundary Sea!” Zero declared.
“RAIMI,” Princess Rele said, “Are you certain we are in another world?”
“Affirmitive,” the ship AI answered, “The dimensional jump proceeded as planned, and no anomalies occurred.”
“But there's nothing but sky!” Shute cried out, exasperated.
“Altimeter indicates that we are thirty thousand meters in the air.” RAIMI replied nonplused.
“We're in the sky?” Bakunetsumaru asked, “How?”
“Not enough to data to respond.”
Princess Rele closed her eyes and thought for a moment. “Portals have opened up into the sky before- this must be another one of those times.” She said at last, thinking of the trip from Grand.
“Whatever the reason is, we should find a place to land,” Captain decided, “RAIMI, can you find the nearest land?”
“One moment, please.” The AI chirped.”
“I know where land is,” Bakunetsumaru announced, “Down.”
Shute looked thoughtful. “I dunno…” Something didn't add up. Why would the dimensional portal drop them so high up? And even so, at thirty thousand meters, land should have been visible below, but it wasn't…
“Attention,” RAIMI called out, “Gundamusai scopes have detected land mass to west of our position,”
“To the east below?” Zero guessed. Bakunetsumaru had a point, after all. If in the sky, the nearest land would be below, wouldn't it?
“Negative. Just east.” The AI corrected.
Everyone exchanged confused looks.
“What is this, a world of floating islands?” Bakunetsumaru demanded.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As a matter of fact, that was a very accurate description of the world. Large islands, not connected to anything below, were held up by immensely thick clouds, like slabs being held up by chicken wire. On the `islands'(skylands?) were varying types of landscapes, mostly floral.
As the Gundamusai flew by, the Gundam Force observed the beautiful land with wonder and awe.(And no, we are not doing that stupid joke!) Shute and Princess Rele watched from the deck, and Bakunetsumaru and Zero watched from the hull.
“It's so beautiful!” Gasped Princess Rele, her breath taken away at the sight.
“I'll say,” Shute replied, squinting to get a better look, “It's like something out of a dream.”
“There certainly seems to be no sign of petrification, is there?” Zero asked Bakunetsumaru.
“No,” the samurai admitted, “But that doesn't mean it isn't under attack. Remember Sinbad's world?”
“Yes,” Zero answered, “I wonder how Sinbad is doing, anyway.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Somewhere on the high seas of Grand, Sinbad sneezed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On a beach somewhere on the floating island(the water was trapped in some raised land near the edge) a strange man was busy reclining on a recliner.
“Ahh, what a nice day for a day-off.” The stranger sighed. He began to wave to random things in sight, “Hello sun, hello sky, hello clouds, hello giant flying battleship- Huh!?”
The stranger stared as the Gundamusai flew past him. He watched it for a few minutes before freaking out.
“Auagh! Aliens! Invaders!” He shrieked, “I gotta do something! I gotta call somebody! I-I-I gotta get outta this chair!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back with the Gundam Force, RAIMI them to attention.
“There is a clearing with a diameter of five hundred meters,” She announced.
“That should be enough room to fit the ship,” Captain decided, “RAIMI, land us there.”
“Roger.”
As the Gundamusai landed in the clearing, the Gundam Force conferred on their next move.
“Our first action should be to investigate the area,” Captain said, “then, Zero and I will fan out to locate whatever civilization is on this planet.”
When the Gundam Force exited the Gundamusai, they were treated to a sight. All around the Gundamusai were dozens of law enforcement crafts, with at least thirty squads worth of what looked like SWAT team members.
“ATTENTION, INVADERS!” Someone yelled over a megaphone, “YOU ARE SURROUNDED! DO NOT MAKE HOSTILE MOTIONS OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!”
The Gundam Force stared.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
After being `arrested', the Gundam Force were taken aboard the crafts, though they were separated. The ships flew not by rockets, but by high-powered vents on bottom. They flew from the floral area to another skyland, connected to the first by a large silver-looking bridge.
Eventually, the Gundam Force was brought to individual interrogation rooms. Each were questioned at the same time by different questioners. Since it would be tedious and boring to show each session individually, let's just go with some snippets, okay?
Captain was busy explaining the Force's presence in this dimension.
“…And so it was decided that an immediate investigation of the other dimensions was needed,” Captain said, “To help other worlds attacked by the Dark Axis.”
“That sounds like a cheap ending for a TV show in case the producers want to make a sequel,” the interrogator remarked.
Shute, meanwhile, had gotten into a discussion about his somewhat loose school schedual.
“Y'know, I would never let my son go with robots to other dimensions if I had anything to say about it,” the interrogator commented.
Shute gave out a frusterated groan. “Look, I'm doing all my make-up work, alright? Get off my case!”
Zero found himself in a heated lesson about feminism.
“All I am saying that as a knight, it is my duty to defend fair maidens in distress,” he protested to his female interrogator.
“Oh, I get it! You think girls can't take care of themselves!” She snarled.
Princess Rele's interrogator, a little dull-headed, seemed more concerned with her hairstyle than her purpose in the skylands…
“Um, y'know, they look kinda like cinnamon buns, y'know,”
Rele now had a vein ready to pop, “Can we please talk about something else!”
Bakunetsumaru, on the other hand, was busy bragging about his battles in the Ark Civil War.
“…And then I felt this burning feeling within me, like a volcano erupting, or a great bundle of fireworks setting off at the same time! And within an instant, I became, Bakushinmaru!”
“Wow…”
After the `interrogation' sessions were complete, each member of Gundam Force were left inside their respective chambers alone. A few days later, a soldier came to each cell.
“Come with me,” the soldier said, and began to lead each one down the hall. Along the way, the Gundam Force re-united.
“Is everyone all right?” Shute asked upon being back around his friends.
“Yes, now that we are together,” Captain answered, “I was starting to get worried.”
As they walked down the hall, the group took an elevator.
“Where are we going?” Asked Zero.
“Madame President wishes to interview you in person,” replied one soldier in the crowded elevator.
“President?” Asked Princess Rele confused. She still didn't understand democracy.
Eventually, they came to their floor. After waking down another hallway(which was much better furnished than the last) they came to a set of double doors.
“She's waiting in her office,” explained another soldier.
The double doors opened, and the Gundam Force and soldiers entered the office-
-Which looked absolutely nothing like a presidential office!
The room was painted pink, the carpet was shag. On the walls were numerous posters for various boy bands(each with the standard five `pretty boys'). In the corner was a pile of stuffed animals. In the center(but mostly to the back) was a desk, the kind used by elected officials. Sitting across it was a figure that seemed out of place at that position, but not with the rest of the room.
It was girl, looking about fourteen or fifteen. She wore a pink leather jacket, and a yellow tank top that stopped above her navel. She had blue eyes and brown hair which had a sheen that suggested she spent hours(and the state budget) on grooming it to perfection. Though the desk obscured this, she wore a cut-jean skirt and stopped juuuuusst above her knees, but so much to make it obscene. To her side was a tall, somewhat official looking man, wearing a white military uniform, with several medals dotted meticulously over the chest. His face was vibrant, but worn, suggesting that though he wasn't `over-the-hill', stress had cut down on his life expectancy. He also had a pronounced mustache.
“Are you guys the aliens?” the girl asked abruptly.
The Gundam Force nodded.
“I,” She began with an air of leadership beyond her supposed years, “am Madame President Samantha Dottz, leader of the government. I have decided to interview you weirdoes personally because I think the guys that did are morons.”
Everyone else in the room sweatdropped.
“This old guy is my head of military, General Bradley,” She then stated, pointing at the man, who was old enough to be her father. He sweatdropped.
“So!” She said suddenly, “What's with you guys?”
And so the Gundam Force told her about the Dark Axis, how they attacked their homelands, etc., etc., so on and so forth. When they finished, Madame President had this to say.
“That's the biggest load I've ever heard!” she declared, “There aren't any Axis guys around here!”
The Gundam Force sweatdropped.
“And besides,” She continued without missing a beat, “That story sounds pretty well rehearsed to me!”
“We've told it a few times,” Shute said, sweating.
“And it gets better each time, huh?!” A new voice yelled.
Everyone jumped. That voice seemed to come from nowhere! There was no one in the room who could've said that, but it didn't sound like the voice came from a speaker. Everyone looked all over the place for the source. Samantha even got up from her chair to look around.
“Over here!”
Everyone looked. Sitting the President's chair was a funny-looking little man with an oddly-shaped head(like a potato), wearing a white coat.
General Bradley gasped. “Dr. Exxai!”
Shute, confused, looked to one of the soldier escorts for explanation. “Um…”
“He's a mad scientist who wants to rule the world,” the soldier explained. He said it so casually that Shute sweatdropped.
Hearing this, the mad scientist in question jumped from the chair, over and before the desk.
“Come now,” he said grandly, “Do any of you think I'd be concerned with anything so petty as that? Me?
Almost instantly, everyone responded, “Yes!”
Exxai facefaulted. He quickly got back up and pointed at the Gundam Force. “All right, I don't care about the rest of you, but have something to say to these aliens!”
Before the Force could ask him what, General Bradley cut in.
“How did you know about these people? That information has been restricted from the public's knowledge!”
Exxai merely looked at him and said, “the entire city outside knows, it's what they're talking about on the street.”
“What?!” cried the General, “How can that be?”
“That blabber mouth, Marylou,” President Samantha muttered irritably, “I told her not to tell anyone!”
Everyone facefaulted.
Upon straightening up, Exxai continued. “Ah, ignoring that, let me continue.” He glanced around the room for a moment. “As all of you know, our world, Planet Genesis, is made up of two separate sub-dimensions.”
“I didn't know that!” exclaimed Bakunetsumaru.
“Shut up!” Snapped Exxai, “No one cares about you! As I was saying, this sub-dimension, the one almost everyone lives in, is called Blue-Gen. And the other one is called Black-Gen. There, I built a magnificent utopian city, called Magnificentopia.”
“That's a stupid name,” cut in President Samantha, somewhat snidely.
“Shut up! No one cares what you think!” Exxai snapped, “Anyway, I was preparing to open the gates to my glorious metropolis to the masses, and when I did…the Dark Axis came!”
Everyone, gasped except the Madame President, who regarded the mad scientist with bored interest.
“So the Dark Axis is here!” Princess Rele cried.
“Those spawns of evil!” Yelled Bakunetsumaru fiercely, “They will taste my blade!”
“Will you shut up and let me finish!?” Roared Exxai, “I'm not done! Anyway, under the direction of their steel hearted leader, Colonel Gelgoog, those metallic monsters conquered my self-made kingdom, and drove me away! I'm certain those guys plan on setting after out to Blue-Gen as soon as they finish plundering Magnificentopia. Rallying an army would be pretty stupid, so in order to stop them, we must send an elite task force into the heart of their operations.”
Exxai then pointed at the Gundam Force. “And who better to send then guys who know what we're dealing with!?”
There was silence for a moment. Captain then saluted. “Mission accepted.”
General Bradley clasped his hands together, relieved. “Oh, thank goodness!” he cried, happy to find someone who sounded calm and composed.
“It looks like it is up to us to halt the Dark Axis war machine before it overruns all that is good and pure,” Zero said in a grand manner.
“Hey!” Yelled President Samantha suddenly, “Hold on a sec'!” Everyone looked at her. “I never agreed to this!”
“What do you mean?” Princess Rele asked, wondering why the other girl was being so unreasonable.
“That guy's a mad scientist!” Samantha yelled, pointing at Exxai as the older man slipped pens into his pocket, “How do we know he's not lying?!”
“That's why we, that is, the Gundam Force, should go investigate,” Captain answered loically, “If he is telling the truth, we will be able to sufficiently combat the Dark Axis, and if not, you will have not wasted any of your forces on a false alarm.”
Samantha nodded, acting as she knew that already(she didn't), “That's a good point, but I can't allow all of you to go.”
“Why not?” Asked Shute.
“Duh!” the Madame President sighed, “How do I know you guys won't run away? If one or two of you stay here under house arrest, the rest will have to help out to free them!”
`So you want hostages?' Shute thought blandly.
After a little discussion, arguing, and some name-calling, it was decided that Captain, Shute, and Bakunetsumaru would go to Magnificentopia and take down Colonel Gelgoog, while Zero and Princess Rele stay and help fortify the Skyland's defenses.
“You don't mind waiting here, do you?” asked Shute when the talking was done.
“A little,” Princess Rele admitted, “But I feel as if there is more to this than what we've been told.” She sent a quick glance at Exxai, who was digging through his pockets. “I don't trust him…”
Shute nodded. “That guy does have shifty eyes, huh?”
Poof!
A princess rose appeared in Zero's hand as he held it out to the Princess. “Do not worry, my lady,” He said(Shute rolled his eyes, seeing it all before), “I will standing by, ready to jump to your rescue whenever the need arises.”
“Oh, brother,” Shute muttered. Suddenly, Exxai popped up next time and pressed something into his hand. “Huh?”
The item was a small handheld computer, similar to Shute's cell phone.
“That's a personalized electroninc navigator,” explained Exxai, rubbing his potato-shapped head, “It will not only show you the way to Magnificentopia, but also to the city's main generator. The entire place has the same power source, so if you turn it off, it will make it difficult for Gelgoog and his troops to move about freely.”
Shute pocketed the device. “Thanks,” He said.
General Bradley gestured towards the door, “Follow me,” he said, “I'll find you an aircraft for you to use.”
“That won't be necessary,” Captain replied, “We'll just go in the Gundamusai, our ship. It has all of our needed supplies and everything.”
Bradley looked a little concerned. “But it's awfully big- oh, never mind. You know what you're doing, I guess.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As General Bradley, Captain Gundam, Shute, and Bakunetsumaru walked down the hall to where the Gundamusai was being kept(it followed them and was subsequently captured), Shute took the moment to ask the General something.
“What's up with the President?” he asked suddenly, “She looks like she should be in junior high, and she's kinda weird, too…”
Bradley sighed. He knew the subject would come up eventually. “Our last president, Sir President Charles, wrote a bill before stepping down,” He explained, “That stated no one, regardless of gender, race, and even age, would be denied candidacy.”
Shute's eyebrow shot up. “Whoa! Hold on! You mean anyone could run for office!?”
Bradley nodded. “That's right,” He affirmed, “At the next election, a high school junior named Samantha Dottz decided to run because `It beats exams!'”
“Couldn't the people vote for another candidate?” Asked Captain.
“The other candidate was Dr. Exxai,” Sighed Bradley.
Oh. That made sense. Between a ditzy teenybopper and a megalomaniac, it was just a matter of choosing the lesser evil.
“Also, for her campaign,” continued Bradley, “Ms. Dottz distributed these posters.”
Bradley pulled a poster out of his coat. On was a picture of Samantha…well, let's just say it was something a little too erotic.
“Every man in the Skyland voted for her,” sighed Bradley, “It was considered the most idiotic victory in political history of our government…but it got her the job.”
Shute, unneffected by the poster's content due to a lack of hormones and being prepubescent, gave the General a weird look. “If you don't like the poster, why are you carrying it around with you?”
Bradley didn't answer. Instead he stuffed the poster back into his coat.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
It wasn't too long before the Gundamusai had lifted off and was on the way, after the trio had said their goodbyes. As the gundam-themed cruiser flew in it's pre-planned(sort of) trajectory, Shute couldn't help but marvel at the endless amount of clouds below.
`It's like the land just sits on it,' Shute thought, somewhat bored. Without Zero around to tease Bakunetsumaru and vice-versa, things were a little too quiet. And for some reason he missed Princess Rele as well…
“Great GunSoul of Ark!” Bakunetsumaru cried out suddenly, “What is that?!
`That' happened to be a giant, swirling vortex in the clouds, about the size of a baseball stadium. Unlike the rest of the clouds around it, which in comparison were serene-looking, this whirlpool of air currents was dark, with occasional lightning.
“That must be the entrance to Black-Gen,” Captain said. He looked to Shute, and said, “Shute, what does the navigator Dr. Exxai gave you say?”
Shute took the navigator(which included a chain to attach to his belt loop) and flipped it open. On it was an arrow…that pointed directly into an image of a spiral. “Looks like it.” He answered.
Captain nodded. “RAIMI, take us into it,” He ordered.
As the Gundamusai got closer to the mouth of the whirlpool, Bakunetsumaru looked concerned. “Maybe we should hold on to something-” He was cut off as the ship began to shake and vibrate uncontrollably. Stumbling around, he grabbed hold of a chair.
“What's going on!?” Shute yelled as he clung to his seat.
“A mixture a of hot and cold temperatures are causing the air currents to fluctuate at tremendous speeds.” RAIMI answered.
“Try to stabilize us, RAIMI!” Captain ordered.
“I have been stabilizing,” RAIMI replied shortly, “If not, the Gundamusai would be spinning uncontrollably.”
“You mean we're in trouble either way?” Shute gulped, “That's not GOOOOOOD!” He wailed as the ship sank lower and lower into the darkness below.