SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ Atten-SHUN! The Colonel's Revelry ( Chapter 35 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hiya, Shute here! Last time, we arrived on the bizarre Planet Genesis, were some of the land sits in the sky…and the rest hides under the clouds! We learned that a Dark Axis army, led by a character named Colonel Gelgoog had arrived and were planning to conquer both sides of the world! While Zero and Princess Rele stayed at the capital to help defend it, me, Captain, and Bakunetsumaru went on the Gundamusai to the center of Gelgoog's operations, the conquered city of Magnificentopia… only if we can survive the trip!
 
Atten-SHUN! The Colonel's Revelry
 
“AAARRRGGGHHH!” Shute yelled.
“EEEAAAUUUGGGHHH!” Screamed Bakunetsumaru.
“…” Captain said nothing, but his eyes kept darting about.
Down and down the Gundamusai went, through the entrance to Black-Gen. The turbulent winds of the entryway made for a rough descent, causing the ship to bounce and shake this way and that.
“We're never gonna make it at this rate!” Shute hollered, “Can't you make it stop, RAIMI?!”
“Engines are already at maximum power,” RAIMI answered.
Captain was silent for a minute, then ordered, “RAIMI! Do not fight the spinning!”
“Huh!?” Shute and Bakunetsumaru were flabbergasted. What was Captain getting at?
“Instead,” Continued Captain, “Concentrate on keeping the Gundamusai level!”
RAIMI complied, and though this increased the spinning to an extent where everyone had to cling to their seats to avoid being thrown against the wall, the shaking and tilting ceased, allowing a somewhat smoother ride(in a sense).
Suddenly, the fall stopped with a sudden THUMP! The Gundamusai shook a bit, but it was over, no more spinning or shaking.
“We have entered Black-Gen,” RAIMI announced.
“No kidding…” Bakunetsumaru groaned, getting up. He wondered if the trip back up would be any less distorting.
“Let's take a look around,” Captain decided, and the three of them went to the elevator and rode up to the top of the Gundamusai.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
“Wow…” Shute breathed, in awe of his surroundings.
To say that the land called Black-Gen was a wasteland would be stretching a point. To say that it was kinda gloomy would be kinder and more accurate. Although the land stretching out for miles on end with no edge in sight were lush with many types of plants and lakes, as well as forests and the like, there was a constant wall of clouds covering the sky, blocking out the sun and giving the countryside a depressing outlook. There was no sign of civilization, only untamed wilderness.
“So,” Bakunetsumaru said, a little creeped out by the lack of sunlight, “Where do we go from here?”
Shute checked the navigator. “Um, that way!” He said, pointing to the east.
“Right,” Captain said, “Let's go.”
Unfortunately, the Gundamusai was in no condition go anywhere. So the trio decided to go with the next best thing.
“You know,” Shute said as he stood on the head of the Re-Equip Ring while the Gundamusai front hatch opened, “I wonder if the Gundamusai's gonna get wrecked in every dimension we go to.”
Seeing as the Gundamusai had no alternate means of transport(Captain was going to bring that up on the next mission report), the only thing left was to ride the Re-Equip Ring to Magnificentopia, with Shute on top and Bakunetsumaru inside. Captain would fly alongside with his flight boosters.
“It's probably for the better,” Bakunetsumaru said, clinging to the Ring's edge inside on his knees(he didn't want to fall off), “It would be bad for our growth if things got too easy, right?”
As the Ring flew off towards their destination, Captain had all of them keep a look out for any possible danger.
“We're heading towards an area under Dark Axis control,” he explained, “So the probability of encountering enemy patrols will increase by 5.465% as we get closer. Be on your guard.”
However, the flight was without action as possible. It wasn't too long before Shute and Bakunetsumaru lost interest in watching for an ambush and became more interested in observing the natural beauty of the landscape. Plains, plateaus, rivers, lakes, mountains…it was all there. And it was beautiful, and maybe more so without the screen of dark clouds covering the skies. However, at one point they began to see tall buildings coming up.
“What's that?” Bakunetsumaru wondered aloud.
The Ring lowered into what looked like an old city, but not ancient. Though streets were cracked, and moss was growing everywhere, the city didn't look all too bad. Just kinda old.
“Could this be Dr. Exxai's city that was attacked by the Dark Axis?” Bakunetsumaru asked.
Captain looked at Shute. “What's the navigator say, Shute?”
Shute flipped it open. “We still have a ways to go, Captain.” He answered.
It was at that moment that lightning flashed and thundered sounded off.
“Ahh!” Shute cried, terrified by the sudden act of nature. He was so shocked(not in the literal sense, mind you) that he fell of the Haro head!
“Gotcha!” Bakunetsumaru grabbed Shute's arm and pulled him into the ring. Once in the ring, Shute breathed a sigh of relief. “Thanks, Baku'.”
Captain hovered up to them and said, “We need to get lower to the ground to avoid the lightning.”
“Right!” They both agreed.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As it turned out, the storm wasn't as bad as any of them thought. Still, there were some occasional flashes, and that was more than enough reason to stay low to the ground.
As they flew through the old city, they encountered no signs of Dark Axis activity.
“I wonder why we haven't seen any Dark Axis around here,” Bakunetsumaru wondered aloud.
Bakunetsumaru just had to open his mouth, because at that moment, something BIG landed in front of them with a WHAM!
It was a large, crimson robot, with a shield on its back. It had a mid section similar to Z'Gok's, but leaner. It had a mouthpiece like any other Dark Axis robot, but instead of a grill there were two holes on the end. In the direct center of its torso was a light bulb, in a way that it resembled a belt. On each wrist was a beam gauntlet, like Captain's only plainer so that they didn't stand out. Lastly, on the back end of its head were three funnels, resembling a Mohawk of sorts.
But the most obvious and striking feature of it was its size. IT WAS HUGE. Maybe not Dai-Shinsho size, but big enough to tower over Shute's house with ease. The lightning that flashed behind it only made it seem more imposing.
“GREETINGS, GUNDAMS AND HUMAN,” It boomed in loud, scary, but somehow familiar voice, “I AM COLONEL GELGOOG, LORD AND MASTER OF THIS PLACE, AND SOON-TO-BE-RULER OF THE ENTIRE PLANET!!!”
“You're pretty loud,” Bakunetsumaru commented, “Can't you be quiet?”
“WHAT WAS THAT!?” Gelgoog hollered, completely thrown off.
“You could turn it down a notch,” Shute admitted.
“FORGET ABOUT THAT!” Snapped Gelgoog.
Captain looked up at the massive robot. “Colonel Gelgoog!” He yelled, “We have destroyed your leader General Zeong and comrades Sazabi and Z'Gok, surrender before the same happens to you!”
“HUH? Uh…WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!?” Boomed Gelgoog, “I'M GOING TO DESTROY YOU GUYS BEFORE YOU INVADE MY CAPTITAL CITY, MAGNIFICENTOPIA!”
“How'd you know that's where we're going?” Shute asked, confused.
“I KNOW EVERYTHING!” Bragged Gelgoog loudly, “NOW DIE!”
At these words, a beam sabre popped out of his back and into his hand, which ignited. Given the size of Gelgoog's hand, this equaled a beam the size of telephone pole! Naturally, the trio put some considerable distance between them and the Colonel upon seeing this. As Bakunetsumaru leapt from the Re-Equip Ring, Captain said, “We'll take care of him, Shute! You go on ahead!”
Shute looked at the giant robot. “What about you guys? I can't leave you!”
“Don't worry about us!” Bakunetsumaru said, unsheathing his swords, “We can take him!”
Shute wasn't convinced. “But how will you guys get to the city without me? I've got the navigator!”
“The Re-Equip Ring has a beacon I can detect,” Captain explained, “We'll follow it to where the Navigator will lead you.” Suddenly Gelgoog blasted forward, beam saber to bear. “Now go!”
Shute, reluctantly, nodded. As the Re-Equip Ring flew away with boy in tow, the Gundams prepared to fight their foe. They leapt away just in time to avoid being chopped in half by Gelgoog's telephone-length beam saber.
“HA! NOT BAD, DODGING THAT!” Gelgoog taunted, “BUT DON'T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE RUN AWAY WITH YOUR FRIEND?!”
“What kind of cowards do you think we are?” Bakunetsumaru demanded hotly.
“THE KIND THAT DIE!” Gelgoog hollered, bringing his saber down. Baku' swung his swords up and blocked the attack, his arms straining under the weight. While this happened, Captain rocketed up and delivered a solid kick to the Colonel's face, knocking his back a step.
“OW!” Cried Gelgoog, stumbling, “YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!”
Gelgoog began to wildly swing his saber around. However, his long exaggerated movements gave the gundam pair plenty of openings to exploit. This meant a great dea of hit and run tactics.
“It's a good thing he's such a terrible swordsman,” Bakunetsumaru commented, “Otherwise we'd be in trouble.”
“Yes, his skill levels are remarkably low,” Captain agreed, somewhat confused. Compared to the other leaders of the Dark Axis, Sazabi, Z'Gok, Zeong(He didn't want to include Madnug) had a considerable amount of fighting power to go with their ranks, but Gelgoog seemed to have little of that. The only advantage the Colonel had was his size, and even that didn't seem to help. Captain, even with Bakunetsumaru's help, didn't need the Soul Drive's power. And Gelgoog's voice sounded familiar to boot.
“DON'T GET COCKY!” Snapped Gelgoog. He brought his beam saber down, creating a great trench in the pavement when Captain and Bakunetsumaru jumped away.
“We can't spend all day doing this!” Captain yelled over to the samurai, “We need to catch up with Shute!”
“My thoughts exactly!” Bakunetsumaru declared, “Tenkyo-Ken!”
Bakunetsumaru slashed at the air, creating a fiery `x' flying at Gelgoog.
“Hyper Mode, power up!” The vents around Captain's face opened up as they and the pads on his flight boosters gathered energy. “V Attack, fire!”
Captain's fired his V-shaped beam from his fin, and the ray combined with the Tenkyo Ken's fiery `x'. As the crossed over attack flew at Gelgoog, the Colonel swung his beam saber to meet it. In a display of impressive power, he managed to bat it aside, though not without straining a bit. The re-directed attack crashed into a building, destroying it in an instant.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Somewhere further up the way, Shute looked back. He heard an explosion…back where Captain and Bakunetsumaru were fighting, if he guessed right.
“Captain…” Shute murmured. He looked toward where he was going. He looked back.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Back at the battle, the gundams were now having some trouble. Although Gelgoog was big and unwieldy, his large strong armor was difficult to penetrate, and his size gave him great strength, capable of tossing buildings, which he demonstrated at one point. This put the gundams on the defensive, and it was especially hard on Bakunetsumaru, who, unlike his teammates, had no means of flight. Captain tried to score some hits with his wrist gauntlets and V Rod. Unfortunately, Gelgoog blocked those with his shield.
“I think we were overconfident,” Captain confessed, landing next to Bakunetsumaru.
“No kidding!” The Musha Gundam replied.
“AND IT GETS WORSE FROM HERE!” Gelgoog yelled nastily. He flung his shield at the pair, causing the two to leap up to avoid it. This proved to be a mistake, as while Captain was up in mid-air, Gelgoog grabbed him in his free hand.
“GOTCHA!” the Colonel cheered victoriously.
“Captain!” Baku' cried in a panic.
Captain squirmed in the iron grip. “Too tight…”
“WHAT DO YOU DO NOW, SAMURAI?” Gelgoog taunted, shaking Captain, “RUN AWAY AND LEAVE YOUR FRIEND TO HIS DOOM? AND IF YOU DON'T, THAT KID WHO WENT AHEAD WILL BE EASY PICKINGS FOR MY ZAKO SOLDIERS!” That said, Gelgoog began to laugh terribly.
“What do I do…” Bakunetsumaru was in a true dilemma. His pride and honor would never allow him to flee and abandon Captain, but he knew Shute would be waiting for them at Magnificentopia, and would be open to an ambush(He knew Shute had plenty of courage and potential, but no real training, something he wanted to rectify.).
“HEH-HEH… NO ANSWER? OH WELL!” Gelgoog raised his beam saber up and Captain down, planning to lop off the Mobile Defender's head(Don't think about it). However, before he could follow through with his intentions…
“Hey, you!”
…Shute, riding on the Re-Equip Ring, came flying from behind, ramming into Gelgoog! This caused the Colonel to fall and lose his grip on his beam saber…and Captain! Now free, Captain flew up to meet Shute.
“Shute, you came back,” Captain said softly.
“You bet!” Shute grinned.
“Hey!” Bakunetsumaru pointed with his swords, “He's getting back up!”
Indeed, Gelgoog was back on his feet. He pulled out a second beam saber out from behind him, and ignited it. “NO MORE MR. NICE COLONEL!”
Shute looked at Captain. “Don't worry, that guy's nothing! You can do it!”
Captain felt a surge of power as his Soul Drive charged with life. His fist glowed gold with energy.
“I'll create an opening!” Bakunetsumaru called out before slashing with his swords, “Tenkyo-Ken!”
The fiery `x' flew at Gelgoog who, like last time, moved to bat it aside with his beam saber. This time, he forgot to anticipate Captain, who moved in at high speed to deliver his Captain Punch.
BA-KOOM!
Captain landed next to the others as they gazed at the smoke that soon cleared away. When it did, they saw the extent of their combined attack. Gelgoog was covered in cracks and scorch marks, and both arms were blown off, along with a portion of his face.
“HEH-HEH… NOT BAD. YOU GUYS ARE STRONGER THAN I THOUGHT,” He began to rocket up toward the sky, “BUT DON'T WORRY. WE'LL SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN…AND IT WILL BE MAGNIFICENT!”
The trio stared as the Colonel disappeared into the sky. Captain looked at Shute. “Which way do we go?”
Shute flipped open the navigator. “That way,” He said, pointing.
As Shute pointed, the sky began to darken, signaling the coming of night. Suddenly, lights in the distance began to blink on. It wasn't long before a huge cluster of bright lights appeared.
Like a city. And in the direction the navigator pointed.
“That must be it,” Captain decided, “Magnificentopia.”
“Stupid name aside, it really IS magnificent!” BAkunetsumaru breathed, gazing at the sight.
“Right,” Shute nodded. He pumped his fist, and shot into the air. “Let's GO!”