SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Adventure ❯ New Unit! A Soul Reborn ( Chapter 36 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi, everyone! Shute here! Last time, Captain, Bakunetsumaru and I were on our way to Magnificentopia when we encountered the leader of this dimension's Dark Axis- Colonel Gelgoog. It was tough battle, and even though we won in the end, I wonder…shouldn't he have been…tougher?
 
New Unit! A Soul Reborn
 
The three Gundam Force members Captain, Shute, and Bakunetsumaru walked bravely down the hallways of Magnificentopia's central building, a complex that resembled several science fiction references mashed together. The navigator Shute got from Dr. Exxai told them that the main generator for the entire city was in that structure.
After flying through the city on the Re-Equip Ring, the threesome sent the Ring back to the city outskirts while they infiltrated the main building.
“Will you cut that out?” Shute snapped at Bakunetsumaru, who had just whirled around for what may have been the thirtieth time. “You're creeping me out!”
“I apologize, Shute,” Baku' replied, “But I cannot escape this feeling of unease.”
Ever since the fight with Colonel Gelgoog, the leader of the attacking forces, the trio had encountered absolutely no enemies from that point on. Even after they entered the city, nothing, not even Zako Soldiers(A must for every Dark Axis invasion force, judging from past experience) had attacked them. It was more than a little bizarre.
It was downright spooky.
“Maybe they evacuated after we fought Colonel Gelgoog,” Shute suggested, trying to lift the feel of ill-boding.
“Why would they do that?” Captain asked, “The extent of his damage wasn't fatal,”
“I don't know- hey, what's that?!” Shute pointed to a door that was slightly ajar.
Inside the room were Zako Soldiers. Lots and lots of Zako Soldiers. They weren't moving, nor showing any signs of life.
Shute, in spite of himself, called out to them.
“Hello?” he yelled, “HELLO?”
Bakunetsumaru stared in confusion. “Are they sleeping?”
Captain scanned the inert robots. “They appear to be inactive.”
Shute tried one more time to get their attention. “ZakoZako Hour!” He called out.
Nothing.
Shute looked at his friends. “This is weird.”
“Agreed,” Captain answered, “If the city is under Dark Axis control, why are none of their units active? This is indeed very peculiar.”
No sooner did the words leave Captain's…mouth did the supposedly inert Zako Soldiers sprang to life. Hundreds of red singular eyes turned to glare at the trio.
“You had to say that.” Bakunetsumaru groaned as alarms and klaxons began to blare.
“WARNING! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER!” A loud an obnoxious voice blared on the P.A.
Pretty soon the gundams and boy were running down the corridor, hopefully from whatever security that had been set up. Eventually, they came to a door labled, “Main Switch Room”.
“This is it!” Shute yelled.
The three charged into room and slammed the door shut. The room was a mass of various meters and buttons, but in the very center was large switch. Above was a sign that said, “CITY MAIN POWER SWITCH”.
Suddenly, the navigator spoke(?!) up.
“You are now in the main power room,” it said in a recording of Dr. Exxai's voice, “Turn the main power switch to `off' and Gelgoog's control over the city's automated functions will be null and void.”
“WARNING! INTRUDER IN MAIN SWITCH ROOM! ALL SYSTEMS PREPARE FOR AUTOMATIC DEFENSIVE MEASURES!”
Captain noticed that the security cameras stationed on several key points in the room had small beam emitter where the lens' were.
“Flip that switch!” He ordered.
Shute, who wasn't busy keeping the door shut like the two Gundams were, quickly made use of his increasing reflexes and dived at the switch.
CLICK!
All at once the lights went out, and the room was plunged into darkness.
“Now what do we do?” Shute asked, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dark.
Unfortunately, a trapdoor the size of a camp tent opened up beneath them and they found themselves falling.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
The trio landed in room that was sparsely lit. Shute hit the ground first, and not long after him Captain and Baku came as well. Landing a bit to the side of the boy, thankfully.
Off to the side, shute noticed, standing in what might be the direct center of the room(Shute couldn't tell- it was too dark) was a robot, standing in a beam of light that gave an almost heavenly glow.
It was painted a bright gold color, though it may have been a trick of the lighting, except for the torso. That was painted a deep blue. On its back was an odd booster with what looked like folded-in wings. Its face was vaguely gundam, but the faceplate was different, and the eyes didn't have irises. There was, Shute realized after a minute, an unusual presence about it…
“What is that?” Bakunetsumaru asked, after shoving Captain off him(It was a painful landing).
“SOMETHING MAGNIFICENT!” Gelgoog's voice boomed from out of nowhere. Another light turned on, illuminating Colonel Gelgoog, looking no better from his fight with the threesome.
“EVERYTHING WENT EXATCLY AS PLANNED!” Captain suddenly noted that the voice wasn't coming from Gelgoog himself, but from speakers all over the room.
“HEH-HEH, NOW, ON TO PHASE-” A sudden creaking and groaning noise cut the Colonel(?) off.
“UM, THAT'S NOT GOOD…”
Bits and pieces of Gelgoog's body began to fall over, slowly at first, but picking up speed with passing seconds.
“STUPID SURPLUS METAL.”
With a final crash, Gelgoog fell to pieces! Shute, Captain and Bakunetsumaru stared in confusion.
“So…did we win?” Shute asked at last.
Before he could get an answer, the scrap metal that was once Gelgoog moved!
“Ow, that hurt.”
“Of course it did, you idiot!”
Shute and Bakunetsumaru sweatdropped. Those voices sounded familiar…
“Out of my way! Where's the exit?!”
Out from the pile of scrap popped out…Dr. Exxai and Samantha Dottz!
“Huh?” Samantha noticed that they were staring. “What are you doing?! Help me!”
Bakunetsumaru, annoyed along with confused, pointed a sword at the Madame President. “Help you? You two idiots are in this together, aren't you!?”
Tears began to well up in Samantha's eyes. Suddenly, like a pair of twin waterfalls, salty water began to gush forth(Like in an anime!).
“Don't lump me with this idiot!!!” Sobbed Samantha.
Shute and Baku' stared with bugged-out eyes. Captain, unaffected by the whole thing, said, “I think you hurt her feelings.”
“It's not my fault! This whole Dark Axis thing was just something from some stupid world conquest plan Exxai cooked up!” While Samantha was talking, some of the scrap next to her began to shake, “He told us about it on the way here!”
“Us?” Captain asked.
It was at that moment that Princess Rele popped out of the wreckage!
“Princess Rele!?” Shute cried, dumbstruck, “What are you doing here!?”
“I was kidnapped by that idiot!” The Princess snapped, pointing at Exxai, “Along with this idiot!” she finished, pointing at Samantha.
“All right, what is going on here!?” Bakunetsumaru roared, waving his swords around in fury.
Dr. Exxai, nonplussed by the samurai's fury, hopped out of the wreckage and made silly faces at the gundam.
“All right, you wanna know what's going on? I'll tell you! You've been set up!” He teased, “The Dark Axis did come here, but that was years ago! Just after that horribly fixed election!”
 
ZakozakoExxai Narrationzakozako
 
While I was setting up my personal kingdom to rule, an army headed by Colonel Gelgoog came to conquer the world. Thankfully, I was able to bring them under my control by use of high-frequency jamming. After that, it was child's play to destroy the only one that resisted- Colonel Gelgoog. While I was constructing the robotic suit from a few minutes ago, I discovered a mysterious object that may have been the reason why I couldn't control him with the jammer, and the source of his power- An object you call…The Soul Drive! No matter how much I researched and tested, I couldn't find out the secret behind the Soul Drive's strength.
 
ZakozakoEnd Narrationzakozako
 
“But now, thanks to you guys, I have discovered the method to activating the Soul Drive!” Exxai cheered gleefully.
“So?” Samantha asked scornfully. While Exxai was talking, Princess Rele made her way back to Captain, Baku', and most notably, Shute.
“So, I'm going to destroy the lands of Blue-Gen,” Exxai explained, “That way, every will have to live here- under my rule!”
“Not if I cut you down, here and now!” Bakunetsumaru, swords drawn, lunged at the mad scientist. However, before he could get close enough to do the deed, the mysterious robot- which had been unnoticed till now- was suddenly between the megalomaniac and the musha gundam.
“Wha-?” Bakunetsumaru let out, confused. He skidded to a halt, his swords still ready.
“Where did that come from?” Shute cried, confused, “And what is it?”
Exxai grinned evilly. “After removing the Soul Drive from Gelgoog, I placed it into a robot of my own designs. And after ninety-nine failures, I have created the ultimate force to aid with my conquest of Genesis with this, my one hundredth attempt! Now, Robot See, destroy those weirdoes!”
The Robot (See, as dubbed by Exxai) wasted no time following orders. He swung his arm and knocked Bakunetsumaru away, though the samurai did his best to `roll with the punches'. Not missing a beat, See launched himself at Baku', and brought his fist down upon the musha gundam. Bakunetsumaru quickly rolled out of the way to avoid having a knuckle-shaped dent in his face. However, he was unable to avoid the subsequent stomp on his chest.
“Ooh!” Bakunetsumaru groaned as he felt footprint being made on his midsection.
“We have to help him!” Shute cried in despair.
“My thoughts exactly,” Captain took aim with his V Rod and shot a beam at Robot See. To his surprise, the beam carelessly reflected off of See and went upwards.
“Some kind of beam-proof armor?” Captain wondered. He was about to remove See from Baku' personally when a sharp wind blew in, blowing the robot off of the musha gundam.
“Hey, did it just get drafty in here?” Samantha asked. Then she noticed something and pointed upwards. “Hey, look!”
“Whenever there are fair maidens in distress,” Zero said, floating above everyone with his sword and shield ready, “Or evil villainy afoot, there will always brave knights to fight! And the greatest among them will always be Zero, the Winged Knight!”
“How did you get here?!” Demanded Exxai.
“And how long have you been floating there!?” Bakunetsumaru demanded. Why couldn't have that so-called lady's man have come in earlier?
“Ever since you absconded with my fair ladies, I have followed you closely to this place,” Zero explained matter-of-factly, “And I have kept myself secret until the appropriate time.”
“More like you wanted to show me up,” Baku growled, “The appropriate time was five minutes ago!”
“Just because you have no sense of subtlety doesn't mean I don't!” Zero shot back.
Exxai was getting fed up with all this. “Okay, this is getting stupid,” He pointed, “Robot See, destroy those morons!”
At those words, Robot See opened the wings and activated its boosters. In an instant it was up in the air right next to Zero. Before Zero could react, See grabbed the Winged Knight and flung him at Bakunetsumaru, who couldn't get away in time to avoid the collision.
CRASH!
As Robot See watched the two Gundam warriors try to untangle themselves(with little or no success) a beam shot bounced off its back.
Captain couldn't believe it. He lowered his V-Rod, having snapped it together. “Does he have some kind of beam proof armor?” He asked, “I wonder if he felt that?”
Captain got his answer when Robot See turned around and glared down on the GP01. Captain quickly saw what was going to happen and gestured to Shute and Princess Rele.
“Quick! Get away!” He yelled, and Rele summoned a Mana circle for herself and Shute to ride on.
No sooner did the two fly to a safer point did See blast its way at Captain, knocking him flat on the floor. And before Captain could get up, See stomped him on the chest. Leaping straight up, See attempted to repeat its previous actions at higher velocity, when Captain unleashed several rounds on his head-vulcans. See quickly raised its arms to block the assault, and landed a ways to the side of Captain.
`It can handle beams, but not bullets?' Captain thought.
Before See could assault Captain again, Bakunetsumaru leapt at it, swords drawn. See quickly dodged the swords and grabbed the samurai's wrists- both of them- and flung Baku' away. Landing on his feet, Bakunetsumaru prepared to slash his swords into the air.
“Secret Arts, Baku Netsu! Tenkyo-Ken!” Baku' unleashed his fiery `x' at Robot See, but to no avail. When Bakunetsumaru made to slash his swords, See blasted toward him- ducking under the `x'- and socked him in the face. As Baku' skidded away on his back, See stopped his motion by slamming his foot on the Musha Gundam's chest.
“Oof!” Baku's eyes popped out some before going inert. The wind was effectively knocked out of him.
Satisfied with Bakunetsumaru's lack of movement, Robot See turned its attention back to the others.
Meanwhile, Dr. Exxai had hopped into an odd flying craft- something that resembled a Cadillac with no wheels, but booster rockets- and was watching the fight with eager anticipation.
“Did you see that? Robot See took out that loser in record time!” Excited, Exxai whipped out a microphone and began yelling into it. “Gooo, See!”
Samantha, tied and gagged in the seat next to Exxai, was not impressed.
Meanwhile, Zero tried his hand at defeating the Robot.
“Super Magical Violet Tornado!” Zero unleashed a petal-laced blast of wind from his sword. See didn't bother to fight against the wind, though. Instead, it ran with the wind to its back. With the extra push of momentum from the gust, See circled around and brought its fist into Zero.
“Ugh!” Zero grunted, but See wasn't done yet. Acting quickly, See grabbed Zero and boosted up into the air, then rocketed downwards, slamming Zero into the ground in a high-speed piledriver. Oddly enough, it seemed to be moving faster than before.
“Zero!” Princess Rele shrieked in alarm.
“Yeeees!” Crowed Exxai, “Two down, one to go!” He began to yell into his microphone again. “Go, go, See!”
See wasted no time in following orders, and turned to attack Captain. The Mobile Defender was already up in the air by means of his flight boosters, and once again tried to strike Robot See with a shot from the V Rod. Like before, the beam harmlessly bounced off See's armor. Not missing a beat, See went after Captain. Captain quickly slid his scope down, hoping to use the enhanced vision to catch the robot's movements. No such luck. See was simply going to fast for Captain to react in time, and before he knew it, See was behind him. Captain realized in an instant that See was going after his boosters, and was quick to turn around. See ducked away when Captain fired his head vulcans, and was once again behind him.
`I have to get away!' Captain thought frantically as he rocketed a distance further from See, `It's too dangerous to fight hand-to-hand!'
As the two combatants zipped around the room, See trying to get closer to Captain while Captain was trying to keep his distance, Shute did his best to energize the Soul Drive.
“Go for it, Captain!” Shute yelled, but there was no visible change in Captain's abilities. This is something Rele noticed.
“It's not working!” She gasped.
Captain, meanwhile, was moving at speeds he hadn't before without pause. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Shute's mouth moving, but couldn't hear a word he saying…
And with that moment of distraction, he was lost. See was behind him, and tore his flight boosters clear off. As Captain began to fall(As was expected) he felt a pressure from above increasing his speed. See was going to drive him into the ground!
“CAPTAIN!” Shute screamed as he watched his best friend get plowed directly into the floor with a thunderous crash. The GP01 did not get up.
“Captain…” Shute said softly as he stared at the limp form.
“YEEEEESS!” Cheered Exxai, pumping his arms like a madman, “See, that was brilliant! You truly are my finest weapon!” He pointed upward. “Now, on to phase 2!”
Robot See flew up to what must have been an exit in the ceiling, with Exxai and his unwilling guest following.
“Where are they going?” Princess Rele asked aloud. She then noticed Shute wasn't listening to her. He was staring at the prone forms of the gundams.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
With nothing else to accomplish, Shute And Princess Rele decided to leave the complex with their unconscious friends. Luckily, there had been an door at the floor level of the room, so they didn't have to use the ceiling exit Exxai and See used. As the Gundam Force went throughout the complex(Rele was carrying the gundams on a mana circle), they met up with some Zako Soldiers. Oddly enough, the Zakos seemed less concerned with the humans and gundams than they were with their current surroundings.
“That was odd…” Rele mused, “Why didn't they attack us?”
“I dunno…” Shute muttered, thinking. He then snapped his fingers. “I get it! When we turned off the power for the city, we also turned off whatever Exxai was using to control the Zakos! He already turned Gelgoog into a mobile suit, so they don't have anyone to take orders from!”
Rele considered this. Though the Dark Axis that nearly destroyed Lacroa were villains of the worst sort, the ones that decided to work outside of their Soul Drive powered leaders(AKA, Zapper's gang) were less hostile, and, in some cases, friendly. And from what she heard about Sazabi's leadership methods from the Zakos during her stay in Ark, it seemed that the Soul Drive robots relied more on intimidation than guidance.
Eventually, they made it outside, where to their surprise the Gundamusai was parked right in front. After the repairs were completed, RAIMI directed the ship to where Captain's locator beacon was sending its signal.
As they boarded the Gundamusai, Shute gave the order to head to the entrance to blue-Gen. And to call the SDG.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
In Blue-Gen, things were far less peaceful then they were in Black-Gen. In the floating islands, civilized areas were being destroyed, and people were fleeing their homes in droves. And the most mind-boggling thing was that whatever was causing the destruction, it did it so quickly that by the time the military showed up to quell the situation, it was long gone, onward to it's next target.
In his hover-car, Dr. Exxai had a bird's eye view of the destruction.
“Magnificent!” He chuckled nastily, “This is going better than I thought! In just a few more hours, Blue-Gen will be completely uninhabitable!”
Samantha, with her arms and now her legs strapped to her seat(A response to her repeated kicks to Exxai's shins) glared. She always thought Exxai was more than a little eccentric(What madman promised to legalize doomsday devices?), but now she was convinced he had flown completely off the handle. “So?” She asked peevishly, “What good does that do?”
Exxai decided Samantha, aside from being a totally useless leader(Even though he was just as bad as her) was deserving of a little explanation. So, adjusting his position(And brushing his leg against the hover-car's console to boot), he began to explain.
“You see, with Blue-Gen unfit for civilized living, the people will have no place to go but to Black-Gen. And the only civilized place in Black-Gen(To my knowledge) is my city! They'll have no choice but to live under my rule!”
Exxai was so intent on his bragging/explanation, that he didn't notice that the communications unit had been turned on…and who it was transmitting to.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
At the governmental command central for the Skylands, things were more than a little hectic. The kidnapping of the Madame President, followed by the attacks on the cities, had stressed more than one nerve cell, and no ones nerves were more stressed by this than General Bradley, head of military operations.
The General was about to take his third dose of stomach medicine for the day(for his increasingly frequent ulcer) when an aid burst in.
“General Bradley!” The aid cried.
“What is it!?” Bradley cried in response, dropping his glass of water.
The aid placed a recorder on Bradley's deck. “Communications just picked this up,” he explained, “We thought you might want to hear this.”
The aid pushed the `play' button, and the following dialogue was heard;
“You see, with Blue-Gen unfit for civilized living, the people will have no place to go but to Black-Gen. And the only civilized place in Black-Gen(To my knowledge) is my city! They'll have no choice but to live under my rule!”
Bradley's eyes widened. That was Exxai! And there was more…
“And to add the cherry on top, See's programmed to destroy the polar icecaps at the North Pole! Without the cold air from all those icebergs, the cloud layer holding up the sky islands will thin out- and the skylands will drop like rocks!”
Bradley couldn't believe it! Of course it made sense that Exxai would have a hand in the random attacks, but to wipe out Blue-Gen as well!? Even for an ex-university professor that suffered a nervous breakdown, this was nuts!
“Send all available units to the North Pole!” He ordered, “We have to stop this cataclysm from happening!” As the aid began to leave the room, Bradley said, “And one more thing!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the Gundamusai, the Gundam Force was busy giving the run-down on the situation on Genesis.
The revival of the gundams hadn't been as difficult as Shute and Princess Rele originally thought. Rele had used her magic to heal Zero and Bakunetsumaru(holding a riceball of the samuari's nose had helped as well), and Shute, with the help RAIMI and direction of Kao Lyn via dimensional comm' had been able to repair Captain. After that, they told Chief Haro what was going on.
“A robot made from Dark Axis technology?” Chief Haro asked.
“That's right, sir,” Shute answered, “That Exxai guy we told you about put the Soul Drive in Colonel Gelgoog inside a uber-strong machine called, Robot See.”
“Fascinating!” Kao Lyn said in the background, performing his martial art moves, “To figure out the secret behind the Soul Drive in such short time…this Exxai must be a genius!”
“He may be a genius, but he's still a villain,” Bakunetsumaru grumbled, rubbing his chest. It was still sore. “That fiend will taste my blade next we meet.”
“Chief Haro,” Captain said, “With your permission, we are going to remain in this dimension until the situation is resolved. It IS our fault Exxai knows how the Soul Drive works.”
“Roger that, Captain,” Chief Haro said, saluting, “Good luck to you all.”
The communications screen blipped out.
As the Gundamusai flew to the entrance to Blue-Gen, the Gundamusai took the time to discuss on how they were going to do about Exxai- or more specifically, his weapon, Robot See.
“What I don't get is why your Soul Drive didn't energize,” Shute said to Captain, “It usually does.”
Captain said, “I didn't hear you.”
“HUH?!” Everyone cried, blanching.
“When See and I were fighting, we were moving at high-speed,” Captain explained, “There's a 98.67% chance that your voice couldn't reach us.”
“But Exxai's could!” Shute didn't get it. “We both heard him cheering and See kept getting stronger- how d'you explain that?”
“I saw Exxai yelling into a device of some kind during the fight,” Princess Rele mentioned.
“Hey, you're right!” Shute cried, “I bet that thing sent his voice directly into See's Soul Drive!”
“Then in order to neutralize See, we must destroy this device,” Zero concluded.
They were interrupted as RAIMI alerted them to the fact that they were about to enter Blue-Gen.
“Grab hold of something!” Bakunetsumaru remembered with intricate detail on how turbulent the voyage down was.
Surprisingly, the trip up was somewhat less churning. This was because RAIMI steered the ship to fly with the air currents while going upwards. Upon arriving in Blue-Gen, they received a communication.
As it turned out, it was General Bradley.
“Finally!” Bradley cried, “I've been trying to get ahold of you for who knows how long! We need your help!”
Ten minutes and two tedious explanations later…
“So Exxai is going to destroy the polar icecaps?” Captain asked.
“Yes! Even now, his robot- what'd you call it, See?- is heading north as we speak!” Bradley answered, “I know it's a bit much to ask so much of you, but can we count on you to stop Exxai's plans?”
“Rest assured,” Bakunetsumaru answered, “We will not stop until that fiend is brought to justice!”
“But how does attacking the North Pole fit into his plans?” Princess Rele asked, confused.
“At the North Pole there are active volcanoes buried underneath the ice and snow,” Bradley explained, “Our scientists theorize that the constant clashing of hot and cold temperatures is what created the cloud layer holding up Blue-Gen's sky islands. If the icecaps were to melt or the volcanoes erupt…it would spell the end of Blue-Gen! The cloud layer would thin out and the skylands would crash into Black-Gen!”
Shute shot up from where he was sitting. “Then what are we waiting for? We gotta get up there before See and Exxai do!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
While all of this was going on, See itself was doing some introspect thing. When See was performing it's first duty, he received much positive response from Creator. But now that it was implementing the first stages of The Plan, the response rate was…not so positive.
“No!”
“My home!”
“Why!? Dear lord, why!?”
It was fulfilling its preprogrammed directive…so why was it not getting the positive feedback it received previously?
“Monster!”
“Why do you do these things!?”
Was it not performing its mission successfully? Was that why it received so much negative feedback?
“There it is!”
“Run away!”
Well, it couldn't do anything about it now. It had a mission to accomplish. On to Phase 3!
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Exxai grinned evilly as he stared at the console. “See is going north! That means it's time for the final stage of my domination!”
Samantha, tied, gagged, and effectively incapable of any communication, verbal or physical, glared. Why did they have go all the way to the North Pole? Couldn't they just go back to the office?
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
See arrived at the point in the snow where the volcano was directly underneath. All that was needed was to go and activate the volcano, thus melting the icecaps and fulfilling The Plan. It was about to do just that when the sound of gunfire filled the air…from behind!
See shifted aside to avoid the bullets, and whirled around to face its attacker. Flying up to him was none other than…Hyper Captain Gundam, Option F!
The two of them landed in the snow, staring each other down.
`I don't see Exxai around,' Captain thought, “Good. That increases the chances of victory by 12.91%.”
See, meanwhile, was thinking about the revelation on Captain being alive. Was that the reason he received so much negativity? That he did not fulfill Creator's previous commands? Therefore, before initiating Phase 3 of The Plan, See decided that completing Creator's first order- to destroy Captain Gundam- took precedence. Activating its booster, See launched itself at Captain.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the Gundamusai bridge, Shute and Rele watched the fight going on.
“They're going at it already!” Shute yelled, “I should be out there with Captain!”
“We need to keep an eye out for Exxai, if he's coming,” Princess Rele replied, “That was the plan we discussed.”
“Yeah, but even without Exxai, See is moving faster than Captain!” Shute protested, “He needs the Soul Drive's power!”
Rele's eyes narrowed as she thought about what Shute said. Then something caught her eye. “What's that?”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Exxai and Samantha arrived at the North Pole moments ago(They would've gotten there sooner, but Exxai wanted to buy snacks.), eager to watch the destruction of Blue-Gen(Okay, just Exxai.).
“That's weird,” Exxai mentioned, in between mouthfuls of chips, “I figured the icecaps would've started melting by now…what's the hold-up?”
A loud bang was heard, drawing Exxai's attention in the direction it erupted from. There he saw See fighting Captain.
“What the!?” Exxai's eyes bugged out. He whipped out a pair of binoculars to take a closer look. “It's Captain! How come he's still- Oh never mind! Looks like See needs help!” Exxai whipped out his microphone, and was about to yell in it, when something caught his attention. “What's that?”
Zero, carrying Bakunetsumaru, flew at the Cadillac, swords drawn.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
As See fought Captain, he began to hear Creator's voice.
“What are you doing? Stop that! I mean it! No!”
See froze. Creator was…critizing him! It did not compute!
See began to short circuit, as the positive and negative energies collided in the Soul Drive.
Captain noticed the drop in See's combat abilities and sucker punched it.
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
On the Cadillac, things were getting a little rough. Zero was trying to save Samantha, a feat made difficult by the numerous straps and restraints keeping her locked to her seat. At the same time, Bakunetsumaru was trying to relieve Exxai of his microphone, a feat made harder by the fact Exxai was less than eager to surrender, and the samurai couldn't get as `persuasive' as he liked with Samantha still stuck in shotgun.
“All right! That's it!” Bakunetsumaru lunged at Exxai and grabbed the mic, in a desperate attempt to take it. “Hand it over!”
“What are you doing?” Exxai demanded, pulling the mic back , “Stop that! I mean it! No!”
A harsh tug-o-war ensued, one that ended with Samantha falling out of the tilting hovercar.
“WAAAAH!” The Madame President shrieked as she plummeted toward the freezing floor below in what would be a painful and frigid end.
Luckily, Zero caught her just before hitting the ice.
“Are you all right, milady?” Zero asked in his most chivalrous voice.
“Yeah…I am…thanks!” Without further ado, Samantha pressed her lips against Zero's cheek in a kiss, completely forgetting you are NOT supposed to put your lips against metal in low temperatures.
“…”
Up in the Cadillac, Exxai and Baku' watched the entire thing.
“That was close,” Baku' noted.
“A shame, too.” Exxai sighed.
Realizing that Exxai was distracted, and there was no danger of harming friends, Bakunetsumaru unsheathed his swords and pointed the end of one at Exxai's throat.
“Hand that thing over!” Bakunetsumaru ordered.
“Um, hold on,” Exxai slowly made to hand the mic, then threw it over the edge. Bakunetsumaru stared for a minute before glaring back at Exxai.
“Well?” Exxai asked.
“Well what?” Bakunetsumaru asked back.
“Aren't you going to dive after it?” Exxai asked, flummoxed, “Isn't that what you're after?”
“What I was after was you not using it,” Baku' verified, “Tossing over the side like that just easier! Thanks!”
Exxai looked at him for a moment. Then he took a hold of the steering wheel, and the Cadillac pointed down, causing Bakunetsumaru(who was standing on the hood) to fall over off it.
“See ya!” Cackled Exxai as he watched the Musha Gundam plummet toward the ground, “Now, to get the spare out…” It was then that Exxai realized that the mic he threw out WAS the spare, the first one having been lost on the trip from Black-Gen to Blue-Gen. “Dang!”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Meanwhile, Captain continued his fight with See, scoring a few good hits here and there. But the problem was now See was acting very erratically, seemingly losing control of its movements(A Processing error? A result of the numerous blows?). This made it difficult, as it was now harder to predict its next action.
“If I could only get a clean shot at it once…” Captain knew that one decent blow could end the battle. In order to achieve its level of speed, See's armor couldn't be very durable, since it was designed for agility. The strength of its attacks could only be made with great momentum.
“Captain!”
That was Shute! Captain looked over and saw Shute flying up on a mana circle, the Gundamusai without Rele's invisibility spell.
Shute shot his arm in the air. “Go for it!”
Strength flowed through Captain as the Soul Drive energized. Captain went to perform his Hyper Captain Punch, but as his fist connected, a strange thought, completely not his own, went through Captain's mind.
“I just don't understand…”
Thus did Robot See shot down toward the snow, going deeper and deeper upon impact. It didn't come out of the hole.
Later, when the Gundam Force and Samantha converged on the Gundamusai's deck(And Samantha was forcibly removed from Zero's check, painfully), Captain couldn't help but feel a little sad.
“Hey, whuth wrong?” Samantha asked, her lips little numb, “You saved the world and beat that evil robot, why so sad?”
“I don't believe See was evil,” Captain replied, “He appeared, in the end, confused.”
“Confused?” Asked Shute, “About what?”
“When I first met you, Shute, I began to experience feelings that were not programmed into me,” Captain explained, “It's quite possible that See's Soul Drive gave See emotions that confused it.”
Suddenly, the conversation was broken up by a evil laugh. Up in front of the Gundamusai was Exxai in his hovercar!
“You fools!” Exxai cackled, “You think this changes anything!? I'm still here! And I have THIS!”
He whipped out disk, very much like the ones the Gundam Force had been finding in different dimensions.
“The data on this disk allowed me to create See, and I'll be able to create another one, one that won't be inhibited by emotions and such! And then I'll take over the entire p-!” He was cut off as his potato-shaped head became a potato-shaped rose bush.
“You talk too much,” Princess Rele said sternly, and the others laughed. AS they were laughing, Exxai dropped the disk, which landed on the deck. Shute ran up and snatched it quickly.
`I'm gonna take this to Chief Haro,' The 4th grader thought with great determination, `And figure out what they mean…'
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Coming up next, the mystery of the disks, and the final destination! Plus, Genki Power Squad returns!