SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ SD Gundam Force Christmas Carol ❯ Intro and Zappaneezer ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

In a theater, a figure stepped onto a stage from behind the curtain. He was wearing jogging pants, a red turtleneck, a grey sports jacket, and a pair of sunglasses. His dark, blond hair was short and unruly, the result of a haircut and a lack of combing.
“Hi, everybody,” the young man said, “Today, I'm going to have the cast of SD Gundam Force to perform one of my favorite Christmas time plays, A Christmas Carol, based on a book by Charles.”
There was smattering amount of applause. Someone coughed.
“That sure put me in the spirit,” the man muttered darkly. Perking up, he said, “Now, there will some changes, do to my not seeing the play in a few years, but I'm keeping the basic format, so don't worry.
“Here's the main cast listing;
“Ebeneezer Scrooge- Zapper Zaku
“Bob Cratchit- Captain Gundam(Original)
“Charity people- Leonardo, Prio
“Jacob Marley- Grappler Gouf
“Ghost of Christmas Past- Princess Relehimana Miya De Lacroa
“Fezziwig- Kibaomaru
“Ghost of Christmas Present- Dai-Shogun of Perfect Virtue
“Mrs. Cratchit- Sayla
“Tiny Tim- Genkimaru
“Ghost of Christmas Future- Deathscythe, Knight of Darkness
“We'll begin as soon as we pry Zapper from his dressing room,” Finished the fellow, “And in case you were wondering, I ditched my Organization XIII outfit as back didn't fit with the season.”
 
Zakozakozakozako
 
Cybertoy00 and the SD Gundam players present
A Christmas Carol
Based on a novel by Charles Dickens
 
In Neotopia, there was one mobile citizen that wanted nothing to do with the rest of the world- other than the financial side of things. His name was Zapper Zaku. A mean-spirited, miser of a machine, Zapper seemed to hate anything that didn't make him any wealthier, even though he probably had more money than anyone, man of machine. A robot in charge of a business he started up with his now-dead partner, Grappler Gouf, Zapper lent out money and houses for rent, essentially squeezing the lifeblood financially out of the people desperate enough to deal with him.
As he walked down the chilly streets to his office, he passed a store. There was a poster on the window
Only 1 more shopping day before Christmas!
 
“Christmas,” Zapper snorted, “Just a stupid reason to pick a man's pocket and spending mortgage money before December 25th. Bah, humbug.”
After an hour, Zapper finally arrived at his office(He could got there in fifteen minutes, but didn't want to pay for bus fare), Zaku's and Gouf's. Entering he saw his one and only employee, Captain Gundam. Zapper immediately noticed something different.
“Gundam!” Zapper snapped. Captain stopped what he was doing and looked up.
“Yes, sir?” Captain asked.
“Why is it warm in here?” Zapper demanded, “Did you put one more lump of coal on the fire?”
“Yes sir.” Captain answered, now knowing what was coming.
“WHY!?” Zapper boomed, his eye glowing dangerously.
“Because the temperature is lower than what it is normally,” Captain explained, “It was too cold to work effectively.”
“Don't you know how expensive coal is!?” Zapper snarled.
“Actually,” Captain began, “Since the city switched to electricity, coal now costs as little as-“
“Don't you tell ME about how much something costs!” Zapper hollered.
Luckily, before he could launch into a tirade about how every cent counts, to men, a human and a mobile citizen, with a mustache, entered the building, saving Captain from the lecture.
“Mr. Zaku, I presume?” The mobile citizen asked.
Zapper turned around to look at them. “Yeah, that's me.”
“We're from the Neotopia Charity foundation,” The human said. He gestured to the robot next to him. “This is Leonardo, and my name is Prio.”
“Our foundation feels it is necessary to take care of the poor and homeless, especially at this time of year, so we have been collecting donations from businesses all over the city.” Leonardo explained.
Zapper raised an nonexistent eyebrow. “Aren't there any poorhouse? Stuff like that?” He asked.
Prio laughed lightly. “Plenty of those.”
Zapper nodded. “Good, you had me worried for a minute.” He went back to work.
There was a pause.
“So…” Prio began, “How much should we put you down for?”
“Nothing,” came Zapper's answer.
“You wish to remain anonymous?” Leonardo asked.
“I wish to be left alone.” Zapper growled.
“But what about the poor?” Leonardo asked.
“Look,” Zapper snapped. “My taxes go to the prisons and poorhouses. The homeless can go there.”
“But some would rather die!” Prio gasped.
“If they're gonna die, then they better do it!” Zapper retorted.
Thusly put out, the two charity collectors left, but not before Captain could slip them some of his pocket money.
“Thank you sir,” Leonardo said, “And Merry Christmas!”
Zapper heard that last part. “Christmas! Bah, humbug!”