SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu ❯ Chapter 3: Lies on Sacred Ground ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu
By: May-VeggieGirl1

Okay, I'm sure (or so I decieve myself into thinking I am that) you're all going to wonder why I shorten Cobramaru to Cobram instead of Cobra. My policy when I first started SDGF fanfiction was just remove the -maru from the names to shorten them, since -maru is just a normal ending for male names. Kibaomaru would be Kibao and Bakunetsumaru would be Bakunetsu. Then either I got lazier or I decided it wasn't worth that bother and went of shortening them to the most audibly pleasing, Kiba and Baku. This also applies to Cobramaru. Cobra just sounds weird when read aloud, whether you know it means Cobramaru or not. At least it is to me. Cobram just seems more like a real name compared to Cobra the snake.
Thus, it's Cobram. Too bad.
Last note, to Mel mostly, Daja and Raidon will have their first appearances in Chapter 6, but won't be getting to anything serious until Chapter 10. Yeah, I know, don't you hate how plot development takes up so much time? D:

This fic is going to be like 50 chapters or something. I am not even joking. o.<; If I make it past 20 that is. @_@

EDITTED 1/13

~*~*~*~*

The air was cold and crisp today in the mountains as a low cloud hung over against the ground, the fogginess masking the bright afternoon sun through the trees. Kibaomaru stepped lightly not to disturb the stilled vapor or the world around this place, taking in the refreshing air of red japanese maple leaves. Though he didn't seem like the type, he really did value and need the moments of solitude, meditation, and peace of the stilled world. At least once every week he would drop into the mountains without any disturbances and pay respects to the Chimi Ichidou, taking in the serenity.
He ensured every movement he made was graceful against the low blue tinted world. Nothing disturbed this place: no wind, no war, no obscinity, and, above all...
No Genkimaru.

He took a deep breath with closed eyes, passing the thoughts aside, leaving for the empty silence to fill in. Kiba stepped past the beautiful stone columns before the temple and the moment his foot touched down on the unusually trimmed grass his eyes snapped open, narrowing.

He felt the air stir. Swallowing, he focused his senses and energy, tasting another's hidden presence nearby. But nothing came across to him as imposing or threatening, in fact it seemed as if there were no emotion in the air. Kiba glanced around briefly, eyes sharp and adjusted already to the dark and light, knowing he would find whoever it was in the contrast. Smiling, he closed his eyes, failing somehow.
Whoever they were, they were skilled. Too much so for him, which only meant...

Kiba smirked. "Come out, ninja. There's no reason to hide anymore." The shadow watched from the trees for a moment, seeing through his deception but obliged anyway. A mecha appeared from where the red trees brushed the pagoda rooftop corner, landing perfectly onto the grass below, keeping close to other shadows the entire time. But Kiba was able to see the figure clearly, slightly surprised at the female gundam. A kamitachi rested on her backside but she kept her hands out in the open for him, obviously a sign of truce from the ninja. He smiled while musing over her deep violet armor which, too conviniently, covered less body then it should. But that was typical of a kunoichi if the ability to allure was present.

"So it is," Her deep pretty voice said clearly with a slight hint of humor in it. "What of it?" The smugness left Kiba as his gold eyes showned obvious, and sudden, aggitation.

"What is the purpose of hiding in the shadows before your emperor? There is no place for ninjutsu in this peaceful shrine." The kunoichi watched him with her burgandy eyes for a moment then moved down to her knees formally for him, bowing in respect.

"Please forgive me, Kibaomaru-sama, but I am on a mission, merely passing through here." Mulling it over, he decided to let it slide and move on to the next atrocity. He had never seen her face before, and he heard or seen reports on most ninja as long as they were surving the right purposes and obeying the law. Unregistered ninja almost always meant enemy ninja of the state of Ark.

"A mission from who?"

"My sensei," she looked up slowly at the golden gundam as the light fluctuated through the fog. Kiba tensed for a moment, trying to see if it were a fault of her, but found no techniques through it and cleared his throat a little.

"And who is your instructor?"

"Kagemaru-sama," The kunoichi replied simply and without hesitation. Kiba frowned. He knew Kagemaru was definitely a registered ninja, an excellent one from the records, but he was for personal hire. Kiba hardly knew much of him, nor if he undertook students. He didn't come here for more furstrations so he finally shook the feeling and decided to look into later with Cobramaru. He nodded, eyes still sharp on her.
"Very well, kunoichi. Continue with your mission." She bowed her head a little, a smile spreading across her face slowly and then darting into the shadows of the trees again.

"Yes sire." He watched closely to where she had disappeared for a long moment, then looked at the temple before him. It just didn't have the feel to it anymore since that ninja had interrupted his time to himself, so, the tranquility no longer present in the world and his mind, Kiba turned sharply on his heel and left.





If there were a worthy ninja to be known Cobramaru would know the name, the face, and what made them so great. Although there were other ninja with more experience at his current disposal, Kiba had learned to trust Cobram above the others from his honesty with Kiba despite working for Genki. Kiba sat before the shoji board, staring at the pieces carefully. Pawn, lance, knight, silver, gold, bishop, rook, king… He took a deep breath and looked up as the ninja entered the room silently without a trace. Cobram bowed to him.

“You called for me, Kibaomaru-sama?” He hissed in a non menacing way. Kiba’s eyes shifted to outside the doors that were open to the once-beautiful sakura trees now changed with autumn before the long and cold Ark winter. Kiba spoke calm but sternly.

“Do you know Kagemaru well?” Cobram looked a little surprised but nodded.

“Yes, an excellent shinobi, mostly skilled in interrogation tactics.” One eye narrowed a little in suspicion. “Why do you ask of him?” Kiba took in what he said but pretended not to hear.

“Does he have any students?” Cobram looked too amused at the statement as he shook his head, bringing the emperor’s attention back towards him directly.

“Oh no. Kagemaru is a loner, hence why he conducts himself and his 'party' single handedly. He doesn’t work with others.” Cobram took time to notice Kiba’s sudden flash of anger in posture and through his eyes, suddenly feeling edgy around the angered emperor. He certainly hoped he had not done anything to bring about the anger towards himself. “This upsets you,” He asked nervously, clutching his claws ready to be lashed out at.

Kiba looked down at the shogi board and, with a quick hand, slashed the pieces off the table and onto the ground, the wooden pieces clicking and tumbling against the tatami mats. Cobram remained still and tense until Kiba made a little irritated noise in his throat, cooling off and leaning back in his seat.

“Cobramaru, I want you to go to Yakubimaru and have him bring me a report of all the registered kunoichi of Ark.” Cobram nodded quickly but before he could turn to leave Kiba continued. “Back at the Chimi Ichidou, I encountered a kunoichi who claimed to be a student of Kagemaru on a mission currently through the area. She most obviously has lied to me and I want her under a thorough investigation." Cobram was glad that Kiba has generously gave him the information he would have ended up finding through research later, but felt suspicious of it. He wasn't entitled to the knowledge, and Kiba knew he also acted as a spy back for Genki. Was the information false to keep Cobram from questioning, or would Kiba tell the truth?

"The kunoichi is not of the recent uprising?" Kiba shook his head to Cobram's inquiry.

"The state of Ark, and my own state, should not be troubled over this single ninja with indecent fabrication. You will be the one to go out for this investigation.” Cobram frowned and shifted a little from his position, obviously annoyed.

"That is not part of my contract with you. Genkimaru-sama-"

"Can you not bring back a single kunoichi?" Kiba's question toyed with his ego and Cobram resisted the urge to hiss at him. Even though it wasn't part of his duties, it would be simply pathetic for him to not be able to handle this situation alone and with haste. Kiba watched and, without any more objections, knew he had won. “Watch over the Chimi Ichidou until my next return. I will give you further instructions upon my next visit. If you so happen to encounter any female shinobi anywhere within the area that you cannot recognized immediately, I want you to have her captured and brought here for interrogation.”
Cobram bowed his head in respect, swearing his allegiance to Genki in his breath and jumped backwards, disappearing as swiftly as he came. Kiba stared down at the pieces on the floor, the king laying face down, slightly chipped at the corner. Frustrated and further unsettled from the ominous piece, he stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut to tromp down the hall.
“Whoever this ninja is, she will not go unwatched without reprimand.”


~*~*~*~*
Thank you so very much for your reviews! n.n Now and in the future. Reviews tells the little APD voice in my head to STFU. :'> Rightfully speaking. So keep reviewing, because no one likes the little APD voice.