SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu ❯ Chapter 4: Accusation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu
By: May-VeggieGirl1
 
Blah. Sorry due to computer issues I can't spellcheck, so I've read it over again and hope it's okay. And sorry it kinda sucks too. Just review please, tell me what you think, what I need to fix in how I'm writing this.
 
~*~*~*~*
The Kingdom of Lacroa was even more beautiful than Shute had last remembered. The trees that had once been petrified by BagguBaggu grew stronger and taller than before. Looking up was like looking through a spiralling glass into space itself, so dizzying the boy swayed a little and stumbled backwards into Bakunetsumaru a little, the gundam giving him a confused look. Captain, Zero, Baku and himself, after hearing Leyon's meesage had left to this dimension, leaving the Gundamusai behind. They arrived on the edge of the forest to the town and the mumble of blissful peace. Peasants toiled in the fields nearby, and, walking through, they saw bakers couped in their shops, the delicious fragrance wandering down the streets, florists and bankers and the apothecary and everyone in Lacroa at work even on such a lovely day. Shute took a deep breath of the crisp cool air, the scent of pine strong.
"Lacroa looks great- better than ever!"
 
"Of course," Zero smiled at Shute's fascination. "Everything has returned to the way it was before the Dark Axis' invasion-the way ought to be." He sighed, disappointment obvious in his body language and voice. "Except for this latest dvelopment that is."
 
"Interesting," Captain spoke aloud. "It seems like the weather here is closer to winter than in Neotopia; all the leaves have turned and fallen." Baku was a bit surprised at this also. He expected Lacroa to look more like Neotopia and Ark with an array of colors throughout the forests, but it was as Captain said.
 
"Winter always seems to approach faster in Lacroa."
 
"But that would mean an earlier spring," Baku reasoned, stepping on a large dried up leaf with a crunch. Zero nodded and Shute gaped, the palace coming into complete sight down the main road with a bend. Guards manned every entrance, stairway, and exit vigillantly, the gardens magically replaced with more seasonal plants. Stained windows were replaced and renewed, paint given a second coating, and older foundation reinforced with stone. While admiring the palace, three figures sneaked up behind them.
 
"Aha!" Shute jumped as he was suddenly grabbed from behind. Captain, Zero, and Baku lurched from their spot to stand at attention, backs to the palace and searching for him.
 
"Shute?!"
 
"Hahahaha," Shute started laughing while on the ground by their feet, the triplets tickling him. The three gundams sweatdropped at the tosseling humans. "Uncle, uncle!" Coah stood up, Doah and Noah helped Shute up.
 
"It's nice to see you again Shute, Captain, Bakunetsumaru." Before any of them had any further time to respond, another voice chimed in, light, delicate, and poetic.
 
"I would have to agree." Everyone turned around and Shute's heart jumped into his throat. Adorned in a stunning golden and yellow dress, Princess Relehimana of Lacroa smiled at them. Zero and triplets behind them immediately knealed to their princess- Baku, Captain, and Shute following in their own, less formal bow of courtesy. Shute swallowed hard and smiled.
 
"That dress looks gorgeous on you, Princess Rele."
 
"Thank you very much, Shute." She paused then looked a little upset. "But for now we have an important issue to discuss." Coah, Noah, and Doah poked their heads out around the Gundam Force.
 
"Oh! Like what??" Zero rose and brushed Doah away from him.
 
"Nothing for your young ears. Now please, if you would." The three pouted at him but Coah sighed in defeat, turning back to Shute.
 
"Well, I guess we can't help that. Don't forget to drop us a visit now, Shute, we'd love to hear from you!"
 
"I will," he promised and waved goodbye as Rele began to make her way to the castle, the Gundam Force following close behind.
 
 
 
 
 
"So," Zero began when they finally arrived into an empty chamber away from secret ears. The rest of the force admired the elaborate, gentle interior. "How was the palace infiltrated in the first place?" Rele sighed, looking down at the delicate hand-stitched rug.
 
"Only Zyran and Gala actually saw the intruder." Zero growled, he knew Gala was the lieutenet of the royal guard on shift and more than capable enough to stop an intruder with his quick reflexes.
 
"Gala--" He paused, seeing a few of the guards enter the room, Gala in front. They knealed before the princess, Zero taking notice of nothing physically wrong with him in appearance. "What happened?" Gala rose his head slightly to look up at the knight.
 
"The intruder slipped by the guard completely undetected up until the Labyrinth, where I caught a glimpse of them darting around the corner of the hallway. When I followed in pursuit, they used a smoke bomb to knock me out." His indigo eyes darted over to the group, eyeing them closely and unusually wary. Shute caught this and scratched the back of his head.
 
"Sorry, should we introduce ourselves first?" Zero shook his head and briskly walked past the guards, going out the very door the guards came through. Shute frowned, the room becomming silent after his leave. Gala didn't take his eyes off the team.
 
"That's not necessary. Princess, if I may, I suggest you inquire more with Zyran." Rele nodded and turned to the others.
 
"Yes. We'll do that."
All of the guards in the room watched as the party left after Zero, only figitting once the doors closed soundly. One of the guards, nearly blended into the wall from the stony grey color of his armor, stepped forward.
 
"Gala, you seem suspicious. Do you think--" Gala's eyes narrowed as he rose slowly from his knealt position, tilting his head back so his pale blonde hair nustled his neck.
 
"Yes. We'll follow."
 
 
 
 
 
Rele lead them through aisles and aisles, up the stairs to other chambers and then, seemingly back. They obviously weren't joking about the Labyrinth. But Baku and Captain noticed at one point the group of guards, Gala leading, staying their distance but following nonetheless. They eyed the force in a way that made the two naturally concerned, mumbling back and forth to each other for a while. There were already guards throughout the Labyrinth, was this necessary? Baku occassionally glanced back, increasingly feeling uneasy about them. He could've swore they were following him in peticular, but tried to ignore the nagging feeling and walked faster, praying the guards would stop following them soon.
 
Finally, they arrived to a great ivory door which Zero stood before, the final one to the Lacroan spirit beast's chambers. He knowingly glanced over his shoulder at them coming up to him, his grave expression not wavering.
"The magic seal is broken..."
 
"That means whoever broke into here knows magic, corret?," Captain analyzed. Rele nodded while, stepping next to the knight, pushing the door open easily only to have a strange mecha canine figure poke it's head in.
 
"Princess." The yellow green eyes stared up at the two then looked over to the knight. "Zero."
 
"Zyran, what happened?" The blue grey canine ignored Zero's pestering and continued examining the others until, abruptly, his body froze and became rigid, eyes laid on Baku. Before the samurai could have a chance to be concerned about the wolf creature's reaction, the guards previously stalking them reacted without any hesitation. In a quick dash, and without unnecessary movements, they surrounded him and held their spears dangerously close to his head, pushing Shute out of the way. Baku took a deep breath and held it, Shute stumbling into Captain and turning back, startled.
 
"Bakunetsumaru?!" Zero and Princess Rele spun around to meet the scene shocked, the knight clenching his fists, fury in his voice.
 
"What in mana are you all doing?!" Gala, standing before Baku, sneered while moving his spear closer until it lightly touched his neck, Baku watched unflinching but nervous.
 
"In the name of the Lacroix Kingdom, you're under immediate arrest for the theft of the sacred beast, Fenn the feather dragon."
~*~*~*~*