SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu ❯ Chapter 8: Fenn's Darkness ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu
By: May-VeggieGirl1

HAHAHA early update for j00. :3 I'm super happy because Mel says Daja and Raidon are going smoothly. Well, here's more about them~!
And good news for me, it looks like the next few chapters aren't going to be as long. YAY. *dances* So I posted pretty soon after the last. It's hard doing those longer chapters, ya know. :3

I don't own SD Gundam Force.
~*~*~*~*
From where he was, he couldn't see or feel anything.
Daja had been through portals before, sure, most certainly, but he never recalled an empty abyss. Wasn't there a direction he was going? Why could he not feel that or even see far enough to where Zero had entered the portal after him? It was like night and he was glad he could see his own hands, and therefore the egg he held, but it wasn't that much of a comfort. He tried flying, what he thought, was forward but didn't go anywhere and promptly gave up. He had the feathered dragon in his hands, which pulsed in gentle light mana, so his trust in this Chimi was enough to remain calm. He was in control at the moment, and as long as nothing funny happened, it didn't matter.

Daja looked back over his shoulder again, vainly trying to see Zero or anyone, most specifically Raidon. Both of them hadn't been in Ark for a long while, since he had recruited Raidon from his lonely retirement in Ark in fact. They were an excellent team, Raidon's strength in his weaknesses, and what a strange combination at that. Raidon was a musha gundam afterall, very gifted with a rare strength in magic that most of his kind had no skill in.
Daja frowned after his search had found not a trace of his comrade. Raidon had made it into the portal, correct? While lost in his thoughts, the darkness that was in every direction began to unravel in front of him, dissolving into itself. Daja paused and turned forward to see where the portal had placed him as the darkness disappeared as quickly as it had come. Great walls of deep blue and indigo fading color stretched hundreds of feet away from him into the heavens and beyond. Nothing sat in the space which he could see above. But below was Raidon floating there and, several yards below him, the upper part of a castle made of stone with a point at the top, Hikyuu leaning against it. The rest of the building was cut off from sight from the great Universal Seal, the full extent of the royal Light Mana ring and the devouring, sacrificial power of the Dark Mana ring interlocked together at specific points and stretching over all that could be seen below.

"Fancy meeting you here," The kunoichi purred playfully as Raidon immediately flew up to Daja and checked him over. Daja smiled at his concerned friend and brushed off his questions of worry.

"Everything is set, correct," He asked down to Hikyuu while beginning to descend, Raidon following shortly behind.

"What happened to the Gundam Force," Raidon shifted with unease but Hikyuu only laughed carelessly.

"Chimi-sama already filtered them through. They're here in the Minov Sea, but they're far enough away to not bother us while you break this seal." They floated down right above the seal, Daja looking down on the egg.

"Raidon-"

"Of course," He answered before Daja even spoke the question. "I will use my Darkness Mana to help ensure this operation." Daja smiled under his mouth plate and nodded in thanks when, suddenly, the violet spirit egg pulsed, changing color to the radiant color of light mana. Daja let go of his tight grasp to let it float in the air and stood back as it quickly took shape from the egg to a round fluffy creature into... The two watched in amazement as the large, glowing wings drew back, the long dragon snout opening to reveal a dangerous set of sharp teeth and a roar came forth, of freedom. In the magical blue light, it flapped it's large wings down and took off into the air, flying in a circle as Daja and Raidon watched tense.

"Don't worry, it won't go anywhere," Hikyuu reassured while moving her hands behind her head. Raidon glanced at her then kept his eyes back on the feathered dragon. Daja flew forward a foot, drawing his hammer back and placing his red shard of power in his soul plate.

"Feathered dragon! Come to your new master," He called out authoratively and Fenn reacted immediately, the once green plate on it's forehead between the fin changed to red as it flapped it's large wings forward and reared back it's head. The dragon let loose a large blast from the back of it's mouth, a blast of white and blue Light Mana, and it quickly encompassed Daja, causing Raidon to draw his bow in fear the beast was actually attacking him. But the beam of light faded into the glowing essence suspending Daja and he stared at it in rememberence. It had been a very long time since he last felt the Light Mana used by royalty going through his circuits.
The glowing beast slid forward gracefully and began to phase into Daja, the white light blinding all. Fenn had a new master today.




Miles above in the Minov Sea, the darkness portal had just disintegrated, dropping five figures into the air, where they floated for a moment before-
"AIIIYYEEEEE!!"
Gravity kicked in and the two mushas, who were not where they had been originally upon going into the portal, began to plummet at an uncontrolled speed, Moriko curling into a ball and screaming considering she had never been through a portal before or been flying before or most especially never been left in a situation where she would fall to her death from a great height before. Bakunetsumaru, also startled he was no longer holding onto his enemy, flailed a little before reaching up and grabbing Moriko to calm her down.
The other three still flying looked around in surprise, quite discombobulated, before Captain shot down with his flight boosters and snatched Baku, still holding onto Moriko. In a moment she stopped screaming, noticing she stopped falling down and started flying up, and looked around at the surroundings with awe.

"Is everyone alright," Shute asked glancing from Zero to Moriko.

"We're fine," Baku answered reluctantly and the female in his arms didn't listen at all, only meekly staring at everything around her with the fear and wonder of a child.

"Where is that bastard Daja," Zero hissed to himself while looking everywhere he could, flying this way and that.

"Daja?" Captain questioned as he watched the knight. "Was he the one with the spirit egg?"

"Yes," Zero answered flustered from his futile efforts as a vein buldged in his head. "Why were we seperated from them!? I came in right after Daja!"

"And I was holding onto the other guy," Baku added in. Captain shook his head.

"Why did that portal appear at all? It is certainly a mystery."

"How do you know this Daja, Zero?" Zero paused at Shute's question and sighed softly.

"Daja was a loyal knight of Lacroa long ago but left the kingdom with some others one day. I haven't really seen him since... until now."

"The one with him looked like a musha gundam," Baku mentioned. "But he used magic. What about him?"

"I can't say, I've never seen him before," Zero shook his head. Shute's jetpack suddenly began to beep and his face paled.

"Uh-oh." Zero grabbed him as he smiled apologetically, turning off the jets. "Sounds like I'm getting low on fuel in my pack."

"We can't stay up here forever," Captain reasoned. "But we don't have much of a choice at the moment. This looks like a different part of the Minov Sea than what we have been to, so which way do we go?"

"Well, we've got up, down, left and right," Shute said and glanced at every direction, none looking any more promising than the others. "So..." He paused, feeling Zero's hands on him flinch and turned to look at Zero with a frown. "Zero?" He stared down into the endlessness below, eyes small.

"It's..." He paused. "There's an unimaginably strong magical presence coming from below..."

"Huh?" Captain looked down and scanned with his sensors, also blinking in surprise.

"Yes, and it's widespread as far as I can scan down there." Zero frowned and began to fly down, holding onto Shute.

"Then Daja might be near."




Hikyuu looked up to the sky with narrowed eyes, staring at it's endlessness above for a minute before returning her sights onto the newly equipped Daja, still inspecting this new over armor.
"Get going, the Gundam Force has already started moving, hmm." Daja flapped his wings and glared at Hikyuu in annoyance at her pushiness.

"How do you know that anyway?" She smiled at him.

"Hmmm. Chimi-sama knows all and sees all." The two Dark Mana users glanced at each other warily, knowing what the other was thinking. It would explain all the forewarning information Hikyuu had and the rest, but it was most certainly unnerving.

"Very well then, we'll begin." Daja held his hammer ready with both hands before him, closing his eyes as the red colored Dark Mana gathered around and through it, the magical Dark Mana ring appearing at the hammer's head and the red orb at the end of it glowing angrily. Raidon watched closely while drawing eight arrows and gathering his own magic into them. Daja remained still as the energy brewed for several minutes until he suddenly opened his eyes, the spiritual beast's Light Mana surging through the hammer as the energy swirled with the dark red and the light blue. The Light Mana ring appeared before the Dark ring and he lifted himself into the air with another flap of his wings, hammer drawn back and completely ready.

"Oh Mana of Light and Darkness," He called out, the power swirling around the hammer turning pitch white and black. "Lend me your power to strike down this unnatural seal that challenges the heavens!" Hikyuu curled her fingers and smiled at the words secretly.
#There is some truth in this is there not, Chimi-sama?#
There was no answer, only the violent clash of the energies upon the overlocking seal could be seen and heard as Daja's hammer struck the core of the seal, the barrage of arrows landing on the overlocking points of the two vastly different but now combined powers. The interlocking seal cracked, sparks flying in it's stubborn hold, but finally shattered in a display of grotesque power. As the great seal of Mana, fallen in pieces, faded away, the universe shook and and a great light swallowed everything.

The Gundam Force, flying towards the Universal Seal at top speed, didn't have a chance to brace as everything disappeared.
~*~*~*~*
Review. >_T PLEASE.