SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu ❯ Chapter 9: Gundamusai, Launch! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenmei: Hinomoto Botsu
By: May-VeggieGirl1

YESYESYES. Section 1 is COMPLETE! :3 That makes me so happy.
You're probably wondering what I mean. Well, in this fic, there is 52 chapters, a prologue, an epilogue, and a one-shot following it's end. ^_^; That makes 55 in general. So I broke it up into sections based on events and what the description for the fic would be. Next chapter you'll see what it changed to.

But yeah, this is the last chapter of Section 1. There are 8 sections, #1 being prologue to chapter 9, #2 being from chapter 10 to 15, #3 from chapter 16 to 20, #4 from chapter 21 to 25, #5 from chapters 26 to 30, #6 from chapter 31 to 40, #7 from chapter 41 to 50, and then the final small section #8 being chapter 51 & 52 along with the epilogue and one-shot.

If we don't take into consideration some chapters are longer than others, I'm 16% done. o_< And that makes me happy.


Know what else makes me happy? REVIEWS.

I don't own SD Gundam Force.
~*~*~*~*
"I'm not used to travelling this way."

"Oh hush now, Zyran, you said you're leg was injured and you honestly didn't expect me to run all over Lacroa carrying you, correct?"

"Of course," The canine mech creature whined and shifted the best he could as the white carriage carrying the both of them hit a slight bump, he scuttled backwards and forwards a little as his sharp claws scrapped against the wood. Princess Rele watched him and sighed, glad she told them to remove the satin pillows on his seat across from her where he desperately clung for balance. "I don't think I can get used to this kind of travel though, your highness. This might end up being worse for my leg," He groaned and skid back over to poke his nose out the window.

"That's nonsense. Your problem is that you're so uptight, you can't adjust to the gravity each time it moves any which way." Zyran kept his yellow eyes out the window, shaking his head quietly.

"I will try my best, Princess." He sniffed and his ears, normally bent over backwards, perked up as he lifted his head a little. Rele noticed and looked out the window as well, seeing what he recognized. Up to the side of the coach darted forward the good messenger Leyon, flying much better this trip than his last to Neotopia and saluting to the Princess.

"Princess Relehimana! Your highness, the land of Neotopia has sent a word of concern about the whereabouts of the Gundam Force!"

"Why do you come out here to tell me this? Inform them of the issue and tell them they are investigating in Ark currently." Leyon scratched the back of his neck, closing his eyes.

"That's the thing. Your father, the King, believes enough time has passed to assume they have found the perpatrator or are looking into some lead over in Ark. He wants you to abandon the search in Lacroa and return back to the castle with Zyran before dark." Rele frowned and ordered the coachman to stop, looking at the winter sun. They'd have to turn back now to arrive on time.

"It has been a few hours," Zyran agreed, relaxing visably now that they were at a standstill. Rele turned back to Leyon, still in deep thought.

"Tell my father we will return immediately and keep me informed of anything from Ark or Lacroa." Leyon nodded with a smile, saluting again before taking off on his winged ankles. Zyran sighed and laid his head down on the wooden bench, aged and tired.

"Looks like I won't have to get adjusted to this contraption anyway."

"You might want to, or the trip home won't be pleasant," Rele smiled as the horses reared back again with a crack of the whip, taking off and nearly sending Zyran toppling over into Rele if he hadn't scraped the wood and fallen to the floor. He groaned and laid on his side by her feet.

"I'm just going to stay down here then."




"You didn't bring back the kunoichi," Kibaomaru narrowed his eyes staring at Cobramaru, bowing repectfully to him as Genkimaru sat next to him, arms folded and Kiba's old team of four behind him. Only Yakubimaru sat behind Kiba and stared at Cobram closely, remaining silent for once for the ninja's behalf. Cobram couldn't help glance at the advisor but as soon as he did he forced his eyes to the floor and clenched his fists painfully tight in an attempt to fight off his anger. Shame of failure, yes, but something in him that seethed at the idea a kunoichi had tricked him so. He wasn't the type of person to hate, to really deeply hate, much of anything but being tricked by a kunoichi was something he openly hated with a passion.
Yaku smiled at the trembling snake ninja staring at the floor. Life really amused him sometimes. And though it wasn't nice to be smiling, he did anyway because he never took 'being nice' into any consideration.

"The ninja was a distraction," Genki frowned. "Two others came and took that egg thing Shute and the others were going to ask Cobramaru about. They all got away in a weird portal that closed before we could follow." Cobram closed his eyes and felt grateful the child didn't speak of his being disillusioned of time and space and his letting the the kunoichi get away the first time around. He still felt the burden of failing twice even if Kiba didn't know and his bottled anger didn't stop boiling.

"They were only after the egg," Kiba asked curious, leaning his head back. "They didn't attack you?"

"I didn't seem to cross their mind at all."

"So they're not with the terrorist group attacking the two of us," Kiba mulled, rubbing his chin with one hand. "And it seems the Gundam Force is dealing with whatever they're up to."

"We should follow and help," Cobram finally interrupted and silence fell over the room. Genki raised an eyebrow at his ninja.

"Why?"

"The Gundam Force can handle it," Kiba said sourly and Yaku couldn't help but chuckle.

"It sounds like all you want to do is have another chance, Cobramaru." Cobram glared at Yaku viciously and Yaku made no motion towards silencing his amusement. "Though I do have pity on you, you surely must be joking about going on a quest into the Gundam Force's affairs simply to carry out your own vendetta."

"I'm not," Cobram hissed back. "The shrine this kunoichi had been opporating with is not simply a shrine, it is an inshi to the evil deity Chimimouryu." Kiba stared at the ninja and nodded once, obviously this not being news to him.

"Yes, that does strike an odd note. Whatever her purposes at this inshi may be, they would not be for any good of Ark." He glanced at Genki and paused. "If you do decide to look into this, I'd be most appriciative if you had the kunoichi brought here for interrogation. She knows too much for her own good." Bakuhamaru glanced at Genki in front of him and whispered lowly.

"We have nothing to do of the moment, Genkimaru, and it may keep you out of the way from more of the terrorist attacks..." The musha shrugged and put his hands behind his head.

"Well I'll consider it, if we even find a way to contact them. They left through that portal afterall." Kiba rose slowly, straightening himself and looking down upon Genki for a moment before nodding.

"Mmm. Be sure to tell me of anything that happens," And he turned to exit as Genki waved him a halfhearted agreement. Yaku chuckled again once Kiba had left the room, mumbling to himself, "and I thought you knew better about kunoichi by now." Cobram snapped and slammed his fists intot he ground, pushing himself up onto his feet in a moment.

"Shut up, Yakubimaru," He hollared but didn't get any further as Mokinmaru bolted onto his feet and grabbed him from behind, immobilizing him.

"Cobramaru?!" He thrashed against the arms held tight onto him as Yaku stood up, no longer smiling.

"Let him go," He said seriously as Mokin looked at him as if he were nuts. Reluctantly, he did as he was told, Cobram breaking away the moment he loosened his grip and sneered at the advisor. "Go on, hit me if that's what you want. It won't change anything." Yaku shrugged and stood there defenseless, he knew bracing for it wouldn't make it any better for him. Cobram glowered in response but made no motion against him, knowing the advisor was right. After a tense moment passed, he sighed and looked aside, Genki staring up at him in shock of that of a child would of such a rare outburst. Cobram pushing aside conduct and moving to attack someone defenseless out of rage was certainly something to be surprised of.

"Cobramaru," He said softly. "What has gotten into you?" Cobram looked down at the wide-eyed musha and paused, feeling all the more ashamed.

"I'm sorry," He replied solemnly and turned away, walking out the door. "I'll be waiting outside." Genki watched as the door slid shut and then turned to Yaku, eyes furrowed. He ignored the obvious look of accusation and calmly turned and walked to the door Kiba had left through, closing his eyes and sliding it open.

"Leave him be."



"Greetings, Master Britainmaru," the screen flickered on as the elderly musha walked into the middle of the room, fan in hand and regal crane hat upon his head, not looking any older than last the world outside of Ark saw him. Ginkaku played with a knob and the screen's visual came on completely, showing the other esteemed leader, Chief Haro, and Julie over his shoulder.

"Hello Chief Haro-san," Britain nodded in return.

"There has been a bit of trouble in Lacroa involving the spirit beast Fenn and a ninja. The King says the Gundam Force came to Ark a few hours ago." Britain nodded in agreement.

"Yes, yes."

"We have informed him of the Gundam Force's visit," Ginkaku said as he stepped back from the screen to stand next to Britain.

"Have they found the egg," Chief Haro asked hopefully but frowned under his identity as Britain slowly shook his head.

"Not that we have heard."

"The King and I agree that it has been far long enough to look into Cobramaru on this."

"I also believe that to be true," The elderly musha turned his squinted eyes back up to the screen, Ginkaku thinking for a moment while looking at his emperor.

"So the question is where are they and what are they up to, correct?"

"Yes, but you don't know the answer," Chief Haro answered himself, straightening his posture authoritavely.

"Indeed."

"Well, I appriciate your help Master Britainmaru," Chief Haro bowed his large head a little. "Please contact us at once if you hear of them."

"I will-"

"Britainmaru-sama!" He and Ginkaku turned as Kinkaku entered the room, following behind the Genki Energy Squad. "Genkimaru and his team have returned."

"Mmm," Britain smiled under his moustache and Genki blinked, spotting Chief Haro on the screen.

"Oh! Haro!"

"Genkimaru," Britain began and all of the squad knelth except Genki and the former Dark Axis mech who were simply, and perhaps purposefully, late on reaction time. Genki crossed his arms. "Cobramaru has already been proven innocent of the theft in Lacroa?"

"Ah," He smiled. "Yeah, yeah, he's clear." Britain glanced shrewdly at Cobram, who bowed low, before continuing.

"So where is the Gundam Force now then?"

"Man, it was weird!" Genki stretched his arms out wide, being playfully dramatic despite the other's seriousness. "We went to talk to Cobramaru- who was at a shrine investigating a female ninja Kiba was suspicious of being behind one of those attacks weeks ago- when, out of the blue, the female ninja shows up, along with the egg thing actually in the shrine!" Britain frowned.

"An offering?"

"We speculate," Cobram intervened, looking up. "But this isn't any shrine, it was to Chimimouryu, an akujin."

"Chimimouryu?!" Britain gasped, nearly dropping his fan at the name and turned away in thought, stroking his moustache in thought. Genki kept to his story despite his lack of attention.

"So the egg wouldn't let Zero touch it, yeah," He shrugged, that event not being of any significance in his opinion. "And the ninja was there, right? While Cobramaru and Captain delt with her, these other two snuck in and got away with the egg again!"

"They didn't get the egg," Julie inquired, exasperated with this unfolding trouble.

"Mmhmm, the two and the ninja got away in a portal but they followed at least. It closed before we could get to it." Britain turned back to them, obviously not pleased.

"So they're not in Ark." Genki and Cobram nodded as Ginkaku and Kinkaku glanced at each other in concern. It was Chief Haro's turn to slowly shake his head.

"But they're not in Lacroa or Neotopia either. How long ago was this?"

"A few hours ago," Bakuha mulled, looking back at his team as they nodded to the conclusion in agreement.

"Well then, they could only be in one place reasonably," Julie pointed out. "In the Minov Sea."

"And they won't last long there floating around with no place to land," Chief Haro murmured to himself more than anyone. "I thank you again Master Britainmaru- and Genkimaru. We'll mobilize the Gundamusai immediately to search for them and will keep you posted as well."

"Hey, Haro," Genki shouted before the screen could flick off. "If you're going off with the Gundamusai, could my team come too?" Everyone looked at Genki in surprise but no one more than Cobram. He smiled to himself and bowed his head, thankful more for the young musha and his deep compassion. Britain nodded, actually pleased to hear the proposal.

"Yes, and then you wouldn't have to stretch your forces in Neotopia." Chief Haro gave it a moment's thought.

"Very well then, thank you. We'll be over to pick you up at the Universe Castle shortly." The screen finally flickered off and Britain gripped his fan tight, pointing it at Genki suddenly.

"Genkimaru!" He winced at the angry tone as his squad flinched as well, bowing lower. "This could be very important to Ark and dangerous! Absolutely no fooling around! Am I clear?"

"Uh... yeah..."

"Furthermore," Britain turned and walked slowly as an old man would, hands clasped behind his back. "I want you to find the relevence of the inshi to what is happening now."

"Alright," Genki said more confidently, patting his chest with a fist.

"All of you do your best and go get ready now." Britain listened as they quickly clamored out of the room, sighing softly once the door slid shut. "Oh dear."

"Britainmaru-sama," Kinkaku walked forward, concerned. "What's the importance of this shrine? The akujin is sealed-"

"I will not take any chances," He said in a low voice, walking over to a window pannel and staring at the setting winter sun. "If I don't take these precautions, Ark could fall into hell."




A spotlight appeared and a steel metal door slid up, revealing three Zakos taking center stage within the Universe Castle stage that was, oddly, made for such a preformance at their lone request. The crowd of zakos, zakobusshi, and nobusshi cheered on the three Zakos with a red, yellow, and blue microphone.

"Greetings ladies and gentlebots," the Zako with a red microphone bowed first, followed shortly by the one with a blue mic and the one with a yellow mic. "Today's Zako Zako hour is all about- drumroll please, Zako!" Yellow mic zako began a drumroll as the other two pumped their arms into the air.
"Ark ninja, Zako," They chimed together and the crowd cheered and booed equally.

"Zako." Yellow mic Zako tossed the drums and pointed to a screen, a picture of Cobram appearing there. "Cobramaru... is a ninja!" There was a pause before the Red and Blue mic Zakos both uppercut him at the same moment.

"We all know that, Zako!"

"But it seemed like a good place to staaarrrrrrrt," He cried and became a star in the sky.

"Speaking of Cobramaru," Blue mic Zako snickered with a sinister lighting. "I've got some dirt on him from that outburst we heard in the other room!" Yellow mic Zako, still nursing his sore lump, popped in next to Red in awe.

"Ooooooo, Zako!"

"Cobramaru was in love with a female ninja, a kunoichi, a few years back but she smashed his heart to pieces~ Zako!" Blue mic Zako twirled around with that note.

"What does Yakubimaru have anything to do with that then? He seemed to know something about it," Yellow mic Zako frowned and Red mic Zako sweatdropped.

"Perhaps we ought to not go there and discuss Cobramaru's personal life before he smashes us into pieces." He cleared his voice and pointed, taking the spotlight. "Let's start with the rivalry of ninja and samurai! Ninja, also known as shinobi," He began, pulling down a screen with a picture of Baku and Cobram next to him. "Have long been contested and despised for their traditionally dark arts. Because their tactics and honor code are so vastly different from samurai, they often do not get along well with each other."

"But but but!" Yellow mic Zako stuttered, flailing his arms. "Why would samurai emperors have ninja then, Zako?" Red mic Zako frowned, looking down.

"Well, ninja are better for interrogation, spying and deception... but that doesn't resolve their conflicting opinions."

"That's why I invited a special guest for the 4-1-1, Zako!" Blue mic Zako extended a hand to a Zakobusshi behind him. He bowed towards the Zakos and crowd.

"Yes, Busshi Busshi, Zako Busshi. There are a lot of unsettled feelings in Ark, Busshi, but, although ninja are not viewed kindly, there are not rulings or punishments towards them. As long as the ninja is trained in a dojo in a clan or under a sensei then commits their career to the state of Ark or for personal hire, there isn't any issue. Despite all of the differences, samurai do recognize them to be warrior and respect that much at least, Busshi busshi, Zako Busshi." The screen changed to a pictre of Cobram and Hikyuu. "However, if you don't register as a ninja in Ark for personal hire, under a sensei, for their clan or for the government, there is a problem. Ninja who do not obey and serve a master are called roge ninja, or nukenin, and treated much worse than a masterless samurai ever would, Busshi."

"So that is why Kibaomaru didn't trust the female ninja asides from a lie, Zako!"

"Yes Busshi, she is not registered and lied about being registered." The Zakobusshi nodded and dimmed the lights, whispering now in a serious, hushed voice. "Most rogue ninja serve in terrorist groups or serve in a rebellion group against the government or another clan, Busshi." The three Zakos holding mics stared at him, wide-eyed and nodded. "In fact, one of the rebellion group is quite large and has Kibaomaru and Genkimaru most concerned, Busshi, Busshi Zako Busshi."

"Really, Zako," Red mic Zako pressed eagerly. "Made of rogue ninja?"

"Lots of rogue ninja and masterless samurai too! And the samurai spearheading them al supposedly knows the secret kokuin techniques, Busshi Bussh!"

"Tell us, tell us," the Blue mic Zako jumped around with the Yellow mic Zako. "Who is this samurai?"
Suddenly there was a flicker and a loud slamming noise, presumably the lights as they went off at the sound. Another slam with vibrations through the floor, another pair of eyes, a dangerous yellow, appeared behind the Zakobusshi. The Zakobusshi yelped at the chill of a steel blade resting against the nape of his neck and whimpered in fear as the deep voice growled to him.

"If you were wise, you would not speak so carelessly of Lord-sama, for very unfortunate things may befall you," the eyes narrowed as the figure raised the blade in warning. Slam, the lights were thrown back on as the three Zakos holding mics trembled off to the side, staring at where the Zakobusshi was once standing and now no where to be found, along with the intruder.

"W-Well," Yellow mic Zako stuttered, clinging to Blue mic Zako. "Th-That was scary."

"Okay, let's end this meeting before we really end up dead!" The metal door slammed shut and, on cue, the stunned silence of the room was broken with a chant.

"For the future of the Genki Energy Squad, Zako soldiers fight, yeah~!"
~*~*~*~*
END SECTION 1.