SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Golden Knight ❯ It's Over ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yes, I am back for one last chapter my friends. [sniffles] Yes we had a good run but it is finally over. Review if you liked it or want to beg me for more, I probably could come up with something. Or if you have an idea for me to write for you, let me knows! ;)
 
 
Chapter 18 - It's Over
 
Shute…
 
H-Huh? Who is that? Am I dead?
 
Shute…Come on Shute…
 
What happened…? Where am I?
 
Shute please wake up Shute
 
Wake up…? I'm asleep?
 
Shute groggily opened his eyes; the brightness of the light above him blinded him for a moment before he took into account of his surroundings. He was laying down on a soft mattress in a white room, no wonder it was so bright. He looked around to find the source of the voice that he had heard in his head. He looked to the side and he could not believe his eyes: his Neotopian parents were right there.
 
He couldn't believe what he was seeing. What had happened? And why was he in this room with a splitting headache? Splitting headache…he used his hand and brought it up to his forehead and felt bandages. He didn't remember getting hit in the head. Where were his real parents? Mark looked at him smiling in relief as he got up and opened the door, Zero floated in followed by the other Gundams, including GunEagle. His friends were alive, and he looked at the door expecting Rosalyn and Yataro to come in, but they never appeared.
 
GunEagle was the first to speak to Shute, “Thank God man, we thought you were a goner for sure! You hit your head pretty hard; you've been out for 3 months!”
 
Shute was then more confused than when he had woken up. Bakunetsumaru noticed his confusion and jumped to conclusions immediately, “Shute! Do not tell me you don't remember your comrades?!”
 
Zero nodded sadly, “He did suffer a great injury due to our carelessness.”
 
He gave an embarrassed smile at them, “Guys its okay, I remember you, but what happened to me?”
 
Captain stepped forward, “An unknown enemy from the Dark Axis appeared in mist of poisonous gas. He used that gas to throw you into a building where you hit your head and you have been in a comatose state ever since.”
 
“He was a formidable foe, but we defeated him quickly after we found out how injured you were,” Baku had said with his arms crossed nodding his head
 
Shute looked down, was the entire thing about Armonia, the Golden Knight, his real parents, all a dream he had created in a comatose state? He wasn't sure what was real and what was a dream. Surely something that was so real, something that made complete sense wasn't a dream; it just had to be real. And yet…from how everything looked, it was all a dream that he would soon forget.
 
“Does this information upset you Shute?” asked Captain in a concerned tone.
 
Shute jolted his head up wincing a tad then looked at Captain trying to look happy, “No Captain! I am just glad to be awake to see you guys again.”
 
In truth he was glad to see them and after a while of talking to his family and friends like he normally did, he couldn't help but think of Rosalyn and Yataro. How could he have made up the entire thing? When his family left the room, he asked Captain, Zero and Baku to stay behind and talk to him.
 
“Guys, do you promise not to think I am crazy if I tell you what I saw while I was unconscious?”
 
They all nodded as Shute began to tell them to story of all that had happened in his dream. Part of him had hoped that maybe they would remember too, but they showed no signs of recognition of any of the names and places he had spoken of. He told them of how his Mother, the Golden Knight came to Neotopia without any memory of who she was, of how she had helped everyone. How they became friends. How Shute found out he was the Golden Knight's Son and that he was the Prince of a planet called Armonia. He spoke of the battles they had gone through, of the losses and friends they had made. Of the discoveries that they were the Three Jewels of Armonia. Not one thing sounded familiar to them.
 
“That sounds like quite the dream, my friend,” Zero remarked.
 
Shute nodded and Captain continued, “Yes Shute, but the percentage of a dream like that being real is a small amount.”
 
“Hey guys! Shute believes that this dream is real and from how detailed he made it sound makes me believe that it is. In my homeland, those are not dreams, they are visions. I believe you had a vision Shute and perhaps your story is true, whether in the past or the present,” Bakunetsumaru said with a great amount of respect for Shute's story.
 
Zero made a look that could have been a smile of a proud Father, “Well said, who would have known you had some sensitivity in you.”
 
“Better than the sensitivity you two showed.” Well, it was a short lived sweet moment.
 
Then the fight of remarks and roses commenced. In the end Captain getting involved and all three going out of the room. Shute looked out the window at Neotopia, and yet he could not stop thinking about Armonia. He had everything figured out and then he had to wake up to find it was all made up. What Baku had said made him feel somewhat better. Maybe it was a vision.
 
He lay back on his pillow opening and closing his eyes slowly. Then Mark came in to the room by himself and sat on the chair beside his bed. “Hey bud, how is the head?”
 
He nodded, “Okay I guess, I missed so much.”
 
Mark shrugged, “I wouldn't say you missed too much. It's been pretty quiet without you, besides Baku and Zero fighting every 10 seconds. And to let you know, I think they fought even more when they knew you were in here and possibly never waking up.”
 
He looked sad, “I am sorry I worried everyone.”
 
He smiled, “It's fine Shute, heck what are family and friends for? We're just glad you are okay.”
 
Shute nodded smiling a normal and true smile of his, “Thanks Dad.”
 
He nodded smiling, “That's more like it, oh and I almost forgot.”
 
Mark handed Shute a box wrapped up in a bow with his name on it, he looked up at Mark, “Who is it from?”
 
He shrugged, “I was hoping you would tell me Bud, no name tag,” a crash was heard and he sighed, “I should get out there before those two break my new instrument.”
 
Shute laughed for a moment when Mark left; he then drew his attention to the box. It was covered in blue wrapping with a brown bow. He opened it quickly and found a box beneath the pretty paper. He was nervous for a moment, the box was gold. He then gathered his courage closed his eyes and opened the box. He looked inside it and for a moment, he felt as if he were going to float away if he wasn't in bed.
 
He couldn't believe what he was seeing yet at the same time he wanted to believe what he was seeing.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
“Did we do the right thing?” a female voice said looking at Shute from far away.
 
“Yes, it is better this way. This way, he can choose his destiny without us interfering. His dream says it all. Though there may not be danger now, in the future if evil rises, at least he will ready. He will have a choice,” said a male voice rubbing the shoulder of the woman.
 
“And if he needs help, we will be here for him.”
 
“Yes, that we shall.”
 
They continued to watch from afar and kept themselves hidden from the eyes of others.
 
For inside the box that Shute held was the Manacle of the Golden Knight.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*
 
FINITO! Hope you guys enjoyed it. If you wish for more excitement let me know and I'll whip up something!
 
But for now
 
Ja ne.
 
Shiva ^_^