Shaman King Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare to Overcome ❯ Anna's Bloodthirsty Seekers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's chapter 2. Sorry it took so long. I lost internet and I've been moving around and I just remembered I had this one out! ^.^; Sorry! I could use some suggestions! If you have anything, email me at megamileucothea (a) yahoo . com. Thanks!
 
~*~
 
“You'd better start talkin' Koenma! It's one in the morning!” spat the spirit detective. His brown eyes glared down at the toddler before him.
 
The toddler coughed and stood on his desk, avoiding his detective's gaze. “We'll have to wait for the others to arrive before we can begin.”
 
“And you actually think Kuwabara will get out of bed to be here?!”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Besides, Kurama has school and Hiei doesn't go anywhere he doesn't want to! Just tell me what you want so I can get home!”
 
“We're not only waiting for them.”
 
“Then who else?!”
“Well, ain't ya a lil' edgy, Urameshi!” A wild red mane of hair and bright blue eyes popped up in front of the disgruntled Tantei.
 
“Jin?!”
 
“One an' only!”
 
Five others stood behind him, Yusuke noticed when Jin stepped back. The small demon with stars on his left cheek and used yo-yos as weapons waved. “Rinku!” He greeted.
 
The next was the blonde clown that Genkai had demolished in the Dark Tournament, eight years ago. Of course, he wasn't dressed like a clown. If Yusuke didn't know better, he would have thought Suzuka a human.
 
Touya the ice master was next in line. His ice blue hair and turquoise bangs stood out against the room. His eyes had no pupils and were a cold blue, but seemed to dance excitedly upon seeing some old friends.
 
Next was the fame seeking samurai, ShiShiwakamaru. The demon was dressed in his usual fighting kimono, his lavender hair held back in its usual style. His pinks eyes glared around the room, probably looking for the aged psychic.
 
Finally, it was the drunken fighter who waved and grinned in his usual goofy way. His mohawk seemed to have grown, as did the two ponytails to hold the extra hair that led off. His cobalt blue eyes seemed to be happy to see the Tantei as well, jumping, ready to start a sparring match even without their owner.
 
The door opened again, this time revealing the remaining members of his team, all looking very grumpy. The tall, black-eyed, orange haired oaf was first in line, his eyes puffy and red from probably just waking up. His clothes were ruffled and he had a rather large bump on his head.
 
“It took me forever to get Kuwabara!” cried the blue haired ferry girl. “I had to hit him three times with my oar before he even budged!”
 
“I can see the first one, where else did ya get him?” Rinku asked, grinning.
 
“You don't want to know…” Kuwabara replied gruffly.
 
The red head behind him shook his head. “If you would have just went home like I told you…” He looked rather tired as well. Again, if Yusuke didn't know better, he would have thought this one was a female. Of course, he remembered the last time he had called the emerald-eyed beauty a girl. `That whip really hurts….' He whined to himself, recalling the moment. `Youko has such a bad temper…'
 
“Fox, since when did the oaf listen to reason?” Said the shortest member of his team. His black hair seemed to defy the laws of physics, and the white starburst of hair made it even stranger, to Yusuke. His blood red eyes scanned the area. It was always that way with Hiei. He was very cautious. He wore his usual black cloak and white bandana, his katana at the ready.
 
“What did you want?” the fox's voice broke into Yusuke's thoughts. “I have things to do and I am rather worn down.” Yusuke noticed that he tried his best to stay calm, but he was extremely agitated.
 
Koenma flinched and hid in his chair before he continued. The two demons may have looked harmless, but everyone knew to stay on their good side. Especially when you wake the Youko up at one in the morning. He had to have a good nine hours of sleep. He seemed obsessed over it.
 
“Well, you all have seen the great decline of the planet in the last five years.”
 
“And you told us to do nothing.” Hiei snapped. The fire demon had been forced to repress his bloodlust in the Ningenkai severely, because of the Reikai wanting to remain secret.
 
“It's time we made a move. You all will lead a resistance against Hao, and you will win. If you fail then it's over.”
 
“Fail? The word is not in my dictionary.” He grinned.
 
“Couldn't this wait until morning?!” Kuwabara cried.
 
“You have to start now. If we waste any more time, he'll be too powerful.”
 
“We have waited five years. A few hours wouldn't hurt.” Came the fox's retort.
 
“The prince has no concept of time.” Hiei replied.
 
The six visitors merely stood and watched the scene. Yusuke had been pretty used to this by now. They always got into something like this when Koenma had called for a briefing in the middle of the night. Luckily, he was up with Keiko, and wasn't very tired.
 
“Now, we just have to move out, right? That should be no problem!” Chuu butted in, his goofy grin going even wider.
 
Jin floated down to be level with the others. “O' course not!”
 
“I've been practicing, and I've gotten better! I've got some new tricks I bet I can practice on you, Kuwabaka!” Rinku crowed.
 
“You know what shrimp? I've had just about enough of people right now. It's one in the morning! What do you people want from me?!”
 
Everyone stared at him, some confused, others amused.
 
“Look,” Yusuke interrupted, “We have to do this. What is our first step?”
 
“There's an underground resistance who has started to make their move. They are going for supplies and it seems Hao knows. I want you to help these resistance members. Join their cause. They will be needed to get through this.”
 
“When are they moving for supplies?” Kurama asked.
 
“Right now.”
 
Jaws dropped. That was the only reaction that Yusuke could describe it as.
 
“You serious?! Why the hell didn't you tell us so we could prepare!” Kuwabara yelped.
 
“Because I didn't know about it until an hour ago.” Replied the Reikai prince.
 
“We should hurry then.” The kitsune added sternly.
 
Hiei nodded. “This human is so slow.”
 
“Come on, let's not start on each other now.” Yusuke said.
 
“No, when he screws up in battle we will.”
 
“Aren't we just the happy family?” Touya commented.
 
The main Tantei shot him a glare and he took a step back.
 
“Le's go!” Jin urged.
 
Yusuke nodded. “Let's go Urameshi team!”
 
“We must change that name, Kurama…” Hiei muttered as they left the office of Koenma.
 
~*~
 
“Amna, get going. You're to go and head the supply transport off. Take your friends with you.” Anna snapped, turning to a man with blonde hair. It was in a loose spike on the top of his head and his green eyes danced eagerly. He wore all black. An entire squad of black clad people sat behind him, all with the same hungry look in their eyes.
 
“Do you want them alive?” he inquired.
 
“Whatever. Lord Hao gave no specifics. I suppose he doesn't care either.”
 
“I suppose you'll all have your meal for tonight. This will be the first hunt Seti will go on, Amna. Are you sure it's such a good idea?” A woman with flowing white hair walked up, her arms winding themselves around his chest. Her violet eyes seemed a little dark and her skin rather pale for her tan.
 
“Yes, my little song bird. I am quite sure. He has to learn to hunt sometime, and you can't teach him. Besides, I do enjoy your taste, but I do need a variety…” He grinned.
 
She nodded. “Well, I suppose so. Seti! Are you ready yet?”
 
A little boy left the nearest tent, he looked about five years old. His white hair seemed to glow in the moonlight, against all the black. He was pale and visibly shaking.
 
“Mama, do I have to go? I'm not hungry…”
 
Amna broke from her embrace and walked over to his son, kneeling down in front of him and patting his head. “You must learn to hunt now. Animals' blood will not satisfy your deep hunger, little one. And I lay claim to your mother's.” He side glanced at his mate and flashed a dark smile. “Your blood is mixed, so you don't understand. You will one day. Now, let's move out! Let the hunt begin! Song bird, you'll be in charge of backing us up and protecting Seti if we run into trouble.”
 
She nodded and took the boy's hand. After his father walked away, she kneeled down. “It's okay. Don't be afraid. I will let no harm come to you. And, it's okay if you don't want to feed tonight. Just watch the others.”
 
“Mama, do you…feed?”
 
“No, I'm not a vampire, dear. Come.” She gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and pulled him after the clan of whooping vampire clan.
 
~*~
 
“Are you sure this is such a good idea, Faust?” asked Eliza, holding her husband's hand.
 
“Not entirely.” He replied, with a small grin.
 
“That's very comforting.” Manta sighed.
 
Pirika looked around nervously. “I'm the only one without a guardian ghost…”
 
“Ponchi and Conchi are here!” Tamao said.
 
The two spirits, however, cowered behind Tamao, causing the blue haired girl to sweatdrop.
 
Jun giggled. “Don't worry. Pyron can protect all of us.”
 
“Yes, Ms. Jun.” said the “expired” martial artist.
 
“Your Guardian Spirits are nothing to mine! Millennia, go!” The golden dragon they all recognized from the Shaman Tournament five years ago flew in circles above them, spitting golden flames as warnings.
 
Faust recognized the opponent immediately. “Helteage?”
 
“It's Zetsumei in my clan.” She snapped, the woman leading the clan of hungry vampires against the necromancer. “I suppose you're from the underground resistance, Faust?”
 
“You're with Hao?”
 
“No.”
 
“Then what are you doing?!” Manta demanded.
 
“She's with me. I'm with Master Hao.” Amna stepped up, a wide grin plastered on is face. Millennia landed in front of her master, glaring threateningly at the Shaman.
 
“You see, my little song bird likes to show off, don't you?” He looked back at her. “I can't seem to break her of that habit. But, that's not what we're here for. We have orders to stop you, and your lives mean nothing.”
 
Seti shuddered and clutched his mother's black cloak.
 
“I defeated you once, Helteage! I can do it again!” Faust shouted.
 
“You filled my head with false ideas! You confused me! That's how you won!”
 
Amna held a hand up to silence her. “This is the Necromancer?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“You know, my little song bird can't stop talking about you. I can't have that. You see, I'm very possessive of my song bird. When she talks about you, it rattles my chains.”
 
The group behind Amna started laughing, nails turning into claws and preparing for a fight.
 
“Seti, this is your heritage! Take pride in it!” Amna called to the boy. He nodded hesitantly, still clinging to his mother.
 
“Millennia, take to the skies!” She called, putting a comforting hand on his head.
 
“It's time, my friends! Everyone for themselves!” their leader barked.
 
~*~
 
Dude, I got stuck on the beginning part. It just did not want to come out, and I've been working on it for a week! Oh, well, here's Chapter 2! Uh, Sorry if it bites, but I'm exhausted. It was my last day, of course it was emotional, and I had exams all week so don't mind any mess ups. Just tell me so I can fix them.
 
A few Notes:
 
I don't have an Irish or Australian accent and I don't know how they speak. This is only coming from the dub episodes I have seen. If I got them wrong, tell me how I can fix them.
 
I have no idea what Tamao's little friends are called or what they look like. I think one of them is a fox, but that's it. Like I said, I'm looking things up.
 
The whole vampire thing…spur of the moment. It came outta nowhere and just typed itself out.
 
I see visits, not reviews. Don't care if you don't review, people seem to read it and I don't review all the stories I read. There's just not the time in my day always to review. So, I'll keep posting, but, if you hate this thing and think it needs to be burned to the ground, fine. Tell me that, and if enough people say that, I'll burn it to the ground!
 
Yes, yes. I know. Lot's of OCs in here and characters are probably OOC, but, who cares right? Gotta move it on somehow!
 
About Seti. Yeah, um, I don't know how that happened. If you read Lines That Crossed, you'd remember Helteage aka Osai as the woman with the same goals as Faust, just willing to do more for hers. Amna, being a vampire, can't have kids, but whatever. I'll figure that part out somehow. ^.~ I'll make it work out!
 
I don't know much about vampires, and right now my net is down. When I post this, I'll be doing some research. Don't worry, if I screwed up some details, they will be fixed.
 
That's all for now! Thank you and go Class of 2005!
 
Just a little note! This was done on May 28, 2005. I'm positing this like 6 months later. Sorry for the delay, I've had lots to do and I just got internet back.