Shaman King Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare to Overcome ❯ An Unlikely Reunion and Betrayal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning, Swearing, blood, vampires…things like that. Don't like that stuff then don't read. I've warned you. And I apologize for any inaccuracies in advance.
 
I don't own Shaman King or Yu Yu Hakusho. If I did, I wouldn't be here right now, doing this, being a lame fangirl. I apologize for this not being in the other chapters, but I do assume you people know this. I wouldn't be doing fanfiction if I did. That should be all for now.
 
~*~
 
Seti watched his father knock Eliza aside and lunge at Faust with amazing speed. The other vampires of the clan surrounded the others like stalking their prey, grinning wickedly.
 
His mother seemed to cringe at the sight, and he knew she disapproved of the entire thing.
 
“Mama, why do you let them do this if you don't like it?”
 
“Seti…there are some things that even I don't understand. I try and keep your father enticed by my blood, so he won't hurt another, but you know how he can be…”
 
“Why do you let him have your blood? Doesn't it bother you?”
 
“Better an immortal than one who cannot defend themselves. Seti, dear, I can heal faster than a mortal. I can survive the amount he needs to take. If I let him run loose, the human world would be devastated.”
 
“But why do they have to?” he whimpered.
 
“Honey, you don't have to. Just watch. There isn't enough to go around anyway, as you can see.”
 
Those encircling Manta and the girls seemed to be fighting who would get whom and who would go first.
 
“I get the short one!” shouted one of the females.
 
“The blue haired one is mine!” growled one of the dominant males.
 
“The green one looks pretty good! The best I think!” said another one.
 
“Lee Pyron! Don't let them near!” Jun commanded, shivering. The dousche and her guardian prepared for battle.
 
“Mosuke! Into the Laptop!” Manta called to his guardian ghost. The laptop glowed a golden yellow color…
 
Meanwhile, Faust had his hands full with Amna.
 
“You thought you could help my song bird, ne? She's mine, Necromancer.”
 
“She needed help, that's all I was doing! You can have her, I'm happily married! Eliza!”
 
The beautiful nurse took her full size and threw Amna aside, taking Faust up in one of her hands and placed him on her breasts. (AN: Yes, yes, we all know that's where he stands).
 
“Giant Spirit Control?”
 
“Millennia, bring the human down to size! Show no mercy!” Helteage called from her spot. The dragon gave a mighty roar and took flight once again, shooting it's fiery breath at the two. Eliza raised her syringe and jabbed the dragon, but her hide was too strong and broke the needle instead. Eliza threw it aside and took to swinging at the dragon and knocking her aside.
 
The ground shook beneath the dragon, an ear-splitting shriek alerted both sides to Faust and Amna.
 
“Millennia, get up!” Amna growled in annoyance.
 
Millennia got to her feet and dug her claws deep into the earth. “Millennia, Hyperion Blast!”
 
The dragon's hide itself seemed to glow. Her giant maw opened wide, a golden light forming between her jaws. Millennia lowered her body closer to the ground, folded her wings and straightened her tail to keep herself steady. She leaned back and released, not one, but hundreds of different colored blasts, all like homing missiles on rapid fire, each one striking the guardian ghost.
 
However, the recoil was great. Millennia was sent back several meters, her claws leaving their mark in the ground and destroying anything that just happened to be in her path.
 
Eliza and Faust dropped to the ground. Amna grinned sinisterly, walking slowly towards the two.
 
“Eliza, are you all right?” Faust asked, helping his deceased wife to her feet.
 
“I am fine, but are you all right?” she questioned, helping him dust himself off.
 
“I'm fine, but I don't know how she got so strong. She never used that before!”
 
“She works for Hao, that's all that matters. We must win.”
 
Seti, for now, was tending to his weakened mother. “Mama?”
 
“Seti, just stay close. Millennia, go rest. We've dealt with any threat.”
 
The dragon gave a grateful roar and dispersed into thousands of tiny lights.
 
“Mama?”
 
“What is it?” She looked down at him.
 
“You're hurt. Let me help!”
 
“Son, you have to save that power. Something much worse is on its way…”
 
“You're damn right.” A deep, Australian voice alerted the drained goddess. `That sounds like—`
 
“Chuu?!” She turned her attention to the demon before her.
 
“Sheila?!”
 
~*~
 
Pyron had been thrown aside and held down by four different vampires. Manta, tried to fend them off with Mosuke in the shape of a hammer, but he was no fighter and they were too strong and too great in number.
 
Jun was between two of them, unable to break herself free. Three others were fighting for dominance of Tamao and Pirika.
 
A blue light shot through them, turning their attention to the newly arrived Tantei.
 
“It's rude to come onto a woman like that.” Kuwabara growled, his Rei Ken glowing brightly in his hands.
 
“Disgusting creatures.” Hiei muttered.
 
“I'd rather not smell this much blood this early in the morning!” complained the fox.
 
“Le's ge' this over with!” Jin hooted.
 
“What the hell are they?” whispered one of the nearby vamps. His friend shrugged. “Whatever they are, they're in our way!”
 
“It's rude to talk amongst yourselves when there are others present.” Hiei had mysteriously appeared behind them, but they had gone just as fast as he made himself known.
 
“Demons…” Amna growled, leaving Faust and Eliza behind, both laying on the ground. He walked over to his clan and glared at the new arrivals. “This doesn't concern demons. Just be on your way.”
 
“Vampires, why are you out in such a large group? Afraid that someone might actually beat you?” Kurama asked, growing a small tree on his arm, breaking off one of the branches.
 
This made many of them back off.
 
“Song bird, what are you doing?!” Amna peered around the group in front of them,
 
~*~
 
“What are you doing, hurting these people!” He demanded an answer. Taking her arms he stared into her eyes. “You told me you were going to find a way to bring this guy back and I find you here with these things?!”
 
“Release me!”
 
“You've been gone for five years! You told me to wait, and I did!”
 
She yanked herself free from his grasp and took quite a few steps away from him.
 
“Go away!”
 
“I won't! Not `til you explain yerself!”
 
“Millennia, return to the field!”
 
However, the dragon did not come. `She's too weak…! What do I do?! Amna…'
 
“Seti, you stay back, all right?”
 
The boy nodded and stepped away from his mother.
 
She reached her right hand down, the band on her thigh growing into her weapon of choice, the scythe.
 
“You're going to fight me?”
 
“If you threaten my family I will.”
 
“Your…family?”
 
She swung once at him, but he backed away. “I waited for you and you started something else?!”
 
“Demon, did you honestly think I would come back? I am the kind of girl you should cower in fear from!” She took another swipe at him. “We only met that one night! Did you think it would last forever?”
 
“You made it sound that way!”
 
“Fool, haven't you heard? I'm not the most trustworthy of the gods.” She lunged forward and this time hit her moving target. The scythe pierced his stomach, just above his beltline. “See what I mean?” She smirked and pulled back, Chuu moving to cover the wound with a hand.
 
“You see, I don't like to be kept waiting, or betrayed. Besides, as you should know, demons aren't the most trustworthy creatures either.” He formed a purple orb in one hand. She had no time to react. Putting it up to where her heart should have been, he blasted the woman away.
 
Seti ran over to his defeated parent and shook her arm. “Mama?”
 
“Stupid demon. I'm immortal! Did you honestly think you could kill me that way?” She sat up slowly a white, feathery wing coming around to cover the gaping hole.
 
“What?!”
 
“I don't need my heart for anything. It doesn't even work!”
 
“You're still weak. And I'm sure your son isn't immortal…”
 
“As a matter of fact he is…in a way…You stay away from him!” The second angelic wing wrapped itself around little Seti.
 
“Song bird, what are you doing?!” Amna's voice rang out.
 
“Mama.” Seti pulled from the wing and poked her. She turned to face him and he pointed to the horizon.
 
“Amna, the sun!” She cried, taking Seti into her arms, with some difficulty.
 
The vampires hissed and began to retreat, the ones that remained, anyway. The fox had been pretty fast in killing several of their number in the short period since they had arrived. Amna halted the ones still fighting. “We retreat for now. But demons, don't think this is the end. We will return.” His enormous wings erupted, the thin skin flapping in a breeze that had just picked up. The others followed his example and took flight.
 
Seti and Helteage followed after the clan, Amna taking up the rear.
 
“Let them go, Jin.” Yusuke said, as the wind master tried to pursue the clan.
 
He looked a bit disappointed, but nodded. After all, Yusuke was the leader of the mission.
 
“Besides, we have some humans to take care of.” Hiei gestured to Faust, Eliza and the others.
 
“Load up!” Yusuke told his crew and then looked over to Chuu, who staggered over, blood soaking his clothes.
 
“You okay?”
 
“Fine.” He replied gruffly.
 
“Let's get that looked at by Yukina.”
 
~*~
 
Chapter 3. Not bad, I guess. It's a little hard to do a fight scene when you have so many things going on at once. Besides that, I'm not in the mood for that kinda thing so it really does kill it, doesn't it?