Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Barricades In Time ❯ Aisugumi Vs. Raikugumi ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO: AISUGUMI vs. RAIKOUGUMI
 
Horo stared into the center of the battle arena watching the two opposing teams stand motionless, waiting to engage in battle.
 
“I wonder how the new team's gonna do against Raikougumi.” Yoh asked to no one in particular.
 
“It doesn't matter which one of those teams will win, they'll lose against me when we fight.” A familiar voice said in a sort of `high and mighty' way.
 
Sitting behind Yoh and Horo was Ren, not even the slightest bit interested in the match ahead.
 
“Although, that Aisugumi team does remind me of you, Horo. I'm not sure why, but even their name reminds me of you.”
 
Ren was right; the members of the Aisugumi did look a lot like Horo.
 
The team consisted of three members, one girl and two boys. The tallest boy had bluish grey hair with dark blue at the front. He wore a grey sweater with a weird symbol on it, and a pair of blue jeans that were torn at the bottom, revealing a pair of blue and white boots. He also wore a pair of black mittens. The look he had on his face made it seem as though he was bored and didn't want to be there.
 
The second boy on the team wasn't as tall as the first, but was still taller than the girl. He had dark blue spiky hair, a little like Horo's, but the hair falling in front of his face was a bright aqua colour. He wore a teal scarf wrapped around his neck and had purple mittens. This boy didn't give off the impression that he was from a snowy country, mostly because he wasn't dressed for it; he wore a black t-shirt with red patterns on it, as well as dark blue jeans with a chain going around the back. His jeans looked a lot like Yoh's green pants that he wore often. But the strangest of all was that he wore sandals instead of boots.
 
And finally, the girl on the team. She also had dark blue hair, but she wore a red hat which covered most of her short hair. She had dark grey sweatpants with a red patch on the knee, her pants looked like they were too long for her and covered most of her black boots. She wore three different layers of shirts, the first was a light blue long sleeve shirt that came down a few inches above her wrist, and it was also a turtleneck shirt but the collar was a lighter shade of blue. The second was a plain grey t-shirt, and the shirt on top was a tattered white tank top with rips and patches on it. It also had a red strap attached to the front and coming around the back. She also wore a sheath strapped around her back, which had her oracle bell attached to it.
 
“That Aisugumi looks like a promising team, I'm looking forward to seeing how they fight.” On the side of the arena opposite to Yoh and his friends sat the most powerful shaman in the tournament, Asakura Hao. Beside him sat his most loyal follower, the little Opacho.
 
“NOW WITHOUT ANY FURTHER ADUE, LET THE MATCH BEGIN.”
 
Both teams stepped to the center of the ring and were ready to begin the fight.
 
“3… 2… 1… FIGHT!”
 
The Raikougumi quickly made oversoul and rushed into battle. The Ice team just stood there not even making an oversoul to counter the oncoming enemy.
 
The girl sighed and took the sword from out of the scabbard on her back; she held the sword out at her side and it looked like she had just gone limp. Just as the Raikougumi was about to attack, a flash of like appeared behind the girl, presumably her spirit but the flash of light made it difficult to see, and her sword transformed into what looked like a blade of ice.
 
The ice and frost came off the hilt of the sword, making it look like it was an extension of her arm. The sword was almost as big as her and had ice shards sticking out from all angles.
 
The members of Raikougumi didn't look very impressed at the blade of ice and, Quit literally, leapt into battle. The girl swung her sword in front of one of the oncoming airborne shamans, freezing him instantly. The former shaman, that was now merely a block of ice, fell to the floor with a crash, breaking off large pieces of the ice mass.
 
There were gasps from the crowds, everyone watched from the edge of their seats.
 
“Their power doesn't seem all that impressive, but I have a feeling there is more to come.” Hao watched the fight with a grin on his face.
 
Back on the battle field, the boy with the scarf sat on the floor, not even pretending to care. He let out a large yawn and closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them again.
 
“Kai can take care of these losers by herself, there's no point in us getting involved. She doesn't even need to use a fraction of her power.”
 
The boy on the floor looked up at the tall boy who looked back down at him.
 
“Don't you think you should at least try to pay attention, Teal?”
 
“Pfft…, It doesn't matter anyway they'll all be dead soon enough.”
 
Teal, the boy on the ground, put his arms behind his head and fell on to his back with a slight thud and watched the clouds as they moved through the sky.
 
“I guess your right, but try not to fall asleep this time.” The tall boy said with a slight smile on his face.
 
Teal gave a thumbs up and then put his arm back behind his head giving himself a cushion as he watched the clouds go by.
 
“Oi! Teal, Yuki, think I should finish this?”
 
Kai was standing unopposed with the block of ice still sitting in front of her, slightly melting in the heat.
 
The two remaining people from the Raikougumi were hesitant; trying to think of a new plan of attack that didn't involve them getting frozen like their nakama.
 
“OK, let's finish this off then.”
 
Kai raised the ice blade over her head and brought it down through the block of ice with a loud shattering smash.
 
The ice was shattered as well as the frozen shaman incased inside. Raikougumi looked at the remains of their shattered nakama and didn't know what to do. Kai however, looked completely unfazed as well as the rest of her team who we're still just sitting behind her on the battle arena, Teal of course was asleep.
 
“Next.”
 
Kai called to the center of the ring as she rested her sword on her shoulder. Rage filled the remaining members of the lightning team as one of the fighters called on his spirit and conjured bolts of lighting to his hands.
 
They flew towards Kai who just sighed and swung her sword, shattering the lightning into oblivion.
 
“I don't even need one tenth of my power to defeat you weaklings. I may as well try to have some fun though.”
 
Kai finally got into a fighting stance for the first time during the whole battle and was giving off a terrible icy aura.
 
 
_________CHAPTER TWO END__________________________________________________________________