Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Barricades In Time ❯ The Battle Ends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE: THE BATTLE ENDS
 
The battle between ice and lightning raged on, one of the Raikougumi was already dead and threats suggested that the others would soon follow.
 
“Let's have some fun, shall we?”
 
“She's just toying with them; she's killing them for her own amusement, Aisugumi could have easily won by now, why would she kill them like that!?” Yoh sounded appalled by what he was seeing and Horo agreed entirely. They could have easily beaten Raikougumi without killing them.
 
Kai swung her sword over the battle field, making sheet of ice coving the battle arena and incasing the two Raikougumi's feet in the ice. Neither of them could move and one fell to the ground.
 
Kai drove her blade into the frozen ground and ice spears shot up through the ground. One of the boys got his arm impaled by a stray icicle and the other just got minor injuries but was somehow entangled in the ice spears and couldn't move.
 
“Ha Ha, isn't this fun?”
 
“You little witch.” The boy with the impaled arm managed to say as he coughed up a small bit of blood.
 
“Oh so you can speak, I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with you, being silent like that for the whole fight.”
 
“You can't win, lightning is stronger than ice.”
 
“Ha ha, that might be true, but not when you take into account the power of the shaman. You see, I alone am stronger that your entire team.” Kai had a huge grin on her face.
 
“Well I've grown tired of this so I'll try to give you semi-painless death.” Just as Kai was about to attack, the boy with the hole in his arm broke free from the ice.
 
Kai swung her weapon down to her side and had a look of slight disappointment on her face.
 
“I tried to be nice, why couldn't you have just quit. Now I just want you dead.”
 
She pulled up her sword and raised it over her head; she clutched the hilt of the sword with both hands and waved it in a circular motion above her head. It looked like the frost coming off the blade was creating a blizzard as it spun.
 
The snowstorm being created went past the boy in front of Kai, but managed to catch his arm in the passing and froze it instantly. The boy still caught in the ice spears was hit directly by the snowstorm and also froze instantly.
 
Kai hit her sword to the ground and ice spears shot up through the shaman.
“Don't worry, seeing as he was frozen he wouldn't have felt any pain.”
 
Kai was walking towards the only remaining shaman on the Raikougumi. His frozen arm was weighing him down so he couldn't move to avoid the oncoming enemy.
 
“Though I can't say the same for you.”
 
“Kai, don't be cruel, just finish this off quickly and let's go.”
 
“Yeah I'm getting bored.”
 
Yuki and Teal were both sitting behind her, Teal was now sitting upright.
 
“Kai I think your done, let Yuki handle this last one, he'd finish it off faster than you would.”
 
Teal pushed Yuki forward.
 
“*Sigh* Fine… Kai move.” The blue haired girl sluggishly moved back to where Teal was sitting. Yuki stepped up to finish the job, and Kai sat down next to Teal.
 
“Welcome back, it looks like you had yourself some fun.” Teal said, looking over at the remains of two dead shamans.
 
“Yeah a little I guess… Hey wanna go get some food, I'm starving.”
 
“I think we're supposed to wait until the fights over.”
 
Yuki was holding his Yuen Yang Razors ready for the fight. They were unusual traditional looking weapon. They were weapons with blades jutting out from every angle. They looked just like a fancier version of hookswords.
 
Oh well, this should be over soon, he's pretty ruthless, even though he doesn't look it. He doesn't like to play around.
 
Yeah, unlike you. Teal said and smiled looking at Kai who gave a sarcastic grin back.
 
I was just trying to have some fun with the weak team. But I guess I did drag it out a little bit. I just hope Yuki doesn't make his death too painful, I wouldn't have…well not too bad anyway.
 
Yuki was right in front of the remaining Raikougumi member. He didn't want to drag the fight out; he just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible.
 
His guardian spirit appeared beside him and caught Horo's attention so he almost fell of his seat. It was a Koropokkur, just like Kororo.
 
“Don't worry about it Hyouchuu, I can take care of this without your help.”
 
Yuki looked down at his opponent.
 
“That arm looks like it's causing you pain, why don't I just fix that for you.”
 
He waved his weapon in and upwards motion and severed the boys arm from his shoulder.
 
“AUGH!” The boy screamed in pain.
 
The sound of the boys scream made Horo feel sick to his stomach. He couldn't believe that some one could be so cruel. Some one with a koropokkur, they must be Ainu, no wonder they seemed so familiar. Tears began to stream down Horo's face. And to think I was worried about them, they're nothing but cold-hearted murderers!
 
Horo couldn't watch as the blue haired boy delivered the final blow to his opponent. Horo looked down and saw the boy covered in blood, as well as the arena floor around him.
 
“Finally, time for food, who wants Chinese!”
 
“Ooh, ooh, I do, I do!”
 
Kai and Teal ran of the dueling arena to the nearest exit.
 
The announcer stood staring into the arena with his mouth agape.
 
“A-AND THE WINNER IS A-ASUIGUMI!”
 
There were a few cheers from the audience but most people just stared terrified but the power of Aisugumi. Hao clapped his hands cheering for the winning team. “Ha ha, that team is brutal, and quite powerful. Perhaps they would consider being my nakama.”
 
Hao got up out of his seat and walk towards the nearest exit.
 
“HAO-SAMA, wait for Opacho, Hao-sama!”
 
Hao stopped and turned around to face Opacho.
 
“Don't worry, I won't leave without Opacho.”
 
Opacho looked up at her Hao-sama and grinned. She scurried after him to the exit of the arena.
_________________________________________________________________ ______________________________
 
When everyone returned to the hotel room, Horo locked himself away in his room, in deep thought.
 
“Koro?”
 
Kororo was hovering inches away from Horo's face. He was lying on his back looking at the ceiling from his bed.
 
“I'm fine Kororo; I just want to be alone for a bit, Okay?”
 
Horo rolled over onto his side; he had a single tear rolling down his cheek.
 
Why would an Ainu be so ruthless, people from my own home village… people that I knew!
 
Horo pushed his face into his pillow.
 
Why would you do this…? Kai… Teal…Yuki…Why?
_________________________________________________________________ ______________________________
 
Horo had been like that for several hours, until the door opened a crack shinning a small stream of light on Horo's face, snapping him out of his daze.
 
“Horo, you've been in your room like this for hours, its 9:00, the fight's been over for almost eight hours now.”
 
Yoh walked into the room and sat on the floor beside Horo's bed.
 
Horo was pale and his eyes we out of focus.
 
“If you want, you can tell us what's wrong; I just came to check up on you to see if you were ok.”
 
Yoh could see that Horo still wanted to be alone so he got up and shut the door behind him, leaving him alone in the dark once again.
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
The Aisugumi was just leaving the restaurant they were eating at.
 
“Ah, I love Chinese food!”
 
Teal was rubbing his stomach in content.
 
Suddenly a cold breeze blew and a silhouette was on a nearby building
 
“You did well in your fight today; perhaps you would consider becoming my nakama?”
 
 
_______CHAPTER THREE END__________________________________________________________________