Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Barricades In Time ❯ The Begining of The End ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR: THE BEGINING OF THE END
 
Hao was sitting on the rooftop of a nearby building looking down on the three blue haired shamans.
 
“Would you like to be my nakama?”
 
Teal looked up at the figure sitting on the building.
 
“Who the heck are you?”
 
“Well seeing as you're new in the tournament I didn't really expect that you would know who I am. I am the future king, Hao.”
 
Teal seemed pretty skeptical at Hao's statements.
 
“Why would we want to join your team, what's in it for us?”
 
“Once I'm shaman king. All the humans will be eliminated and it will be a shaman utopia. I saw your fight today and I like your style. I want you three to join my shaman only world.”
 
Yuki looked like he was contemplating the offer.
 
“Nope, not interested.”
 
Hao just grin his usual grin.
 
“You'll come around soon enough.”
 
Hao got to his feet and turned his back to the three Ainu.
 
“Oi, you can't just walk away after all that. You think you're going to be future king? Then you're going to have to beat me first.”
_________________________________________________________________ ______________________________
 
Yoh, Ren, Faust, Ryu, and Chocolove were sitting downstairs at the table in silence except for the odd conversation that would start up and then quickly die off continuing the silence.
 
Horo walked down the stairs in a daze, unfortunately for him he didn't notice that his snowboard was sitting in the middle of the stairs and he tripped on it.
 
*CRASH*
*THUD*
 
Ren and Yoh both got up from the table and jogged over to the stairs where the sound of the crashing came from.
 
“You ok Horo?”
 
“You're such a clumsy idiot, you idiot.”
 
Ren shook his head in a disapproving manor and he and Yoh helped Horo up from the floor and on to his feet.
 
“I should probably watch where I'm going, huh?” Horo managed a little forced chuckle.
 
Yoh looked at Horo's forced grin. He couldn't stand to see one of his friends like this. This wasn't the same Horo that he knew; the Horo that he knew was always so happy and upbeat. But now he was so depressed and miserable.
 
The three of them walked back to the table. Faust poured Horo a cup of tea and Horo sat down.
 
“So are you feeling any better, Horo-kun?” You could hear the concern in Faust's voice.
 
“Yeah I feel a lot better.” Horo said, but everyone could tell he was lying.
 
He took a sip of his tea and set it back on the table, he was so out of it that he didn't even realize that he burnt his tongue on the scorching tea.
 
“If you don't mind me asking, what is your connection to those three shamans?” Faust asked from across the table.
 
Horo sat silently.
 
“I'm sorry Horo-kun, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to.” Faust hung his head slightly, regretting asking his question in the first place.
 
“No it's fine. You guys probably have been wondering anyway.”
 
Everyone was listening intently.
 
“You guys already know that I'm Ainu and that I come from Hokkaido, well those three were Ainu also. They lived in the same village that I did.”
 
“So you knew them before you met them today?”
 
“That's right”
 
Horo paused for a moment and then continued.
 
“It was about ten years ago, we were all friends and we were the only shamans in the village, which was where the problems started.”
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
Back in those days, the small frozen village of Ainu was not a very accepting place. This was before any one even had the knowledge of shamans that they do today.
 
The power to communicate with spirits and merge with them was difficult for normal humans to accept, it was difficult for them even to understand, it's much easier just to get rid of something you don't understand rather than actually try to comprehend it.
 
Of course this was before the village even encountered any shamans of course; no one in the village knew any thing about shamans so they never imagined that four of them would be living in their village.
 
Kai, Teal, Yuki, and Horokeu (The Aisugumi called Horo by his actual name) were never really popular in their village, the other children didn't really like them and avoided them, not for any particular reason, the four of them just never tried to make friends with them, but that didn't matter because Kai, Teal, Yuki, and Horokeu were always together and the most inseparable friends anyone had ever seen.
 
That day was like any other day for them; they went out into the forest and played around in the snow. It was lightly snowing that day and the four of them were in the middle of a rather large team snowball fight.
 
Horokeu was lying on the ground on his stomach behind a tall and thick tree, the snow was melting underneath him and he could feel the cold water seeping though his shorts, it was cold.
 
He looked around the tree slightly and then rolled out from behind and jumped to his feet, he could see Teal and Yuki crouching behind their poorly crafted snow fort, (it was really more of a snow pile than a fort really,) and he threw the clump of snow from his hand.
 
His aim was off slightly so the snowball hit the pile of snow just under where Yuki and Teal were hiding. They returned fire from behind the snow pile and his Horokeu right in the face.
 
“Ha, ha, got you, Horokeu!” Yuki yelled from behind the pile.
 
“That's what you think” Horokeu said as he brushed the snow from his face.
 
As he was yelling back at them Kai snuck up behind the two boys crouching behind the snow mound and dumped a huge armful of snow right onto their heads. Both of the boy cringed as they felt the snow melting down their backs.
 
Yuki grinned and shouted, “I'll get you, Kai!”
 
Beside Yuki appeared his guardian spirit, a Koropokkur. Yuki integrated with his spirit and used her powers to manipulate the snow around him. He was able to send a small wave of snow at Kai burying her in a pile of snow. Of course it wasn't intended or even powerful enough to hurt her, only fun and games really, but as this was happening someone happened to stumble upon their forest playground.
 
He saw Kai being buried alive by Yuki and was terrified to see what Yuki was doing. There was no way he could explain it, he just figured it was some kind of witchcraft and saw Yuki as being a threat to the people in the village. The man ran away screaming in the direction of the village.
 
After a moment, when the man was far out of site, Kai poked her head out from the snow pile and was laughing. No one really paid any attention to the man who ran away; they didn't think much of it at the time so they just continued playing for a few more hours.
 
They made their way back to the village a little later that night and noticed something odd. The village seemed to be almost empty, usually people would still be wandering around, but no one could be seen.
 
“There he is, the boy with the demonic powers!”
 
They heard shouts coming from silhouettes looming in the shadows near the center of the village. It seemed to be a mob of people ominously moving towards them.
 
“He's the one that tried to kill that poor girl!”
 
It was the man that saw them in the forest; he was obviously talking about when Yuki buried Kai in the snow. He was holding what looked like a rock in his hand and was tossing it up and down. He threw it at Yuki and it his him right above the bridge of his nose, causing blood to slowly stream down his face. The impact caused him to lose balance and he fell to the ground.
 
Kai jumped in front of Yuki, who was still on the ground, he must have been in pain from the deep cut on his forehead.
 
“Stop it, he wasn't trying to kill me, we were just playing, you can clearly see I'm perfectly fine.”
 
No matter how much she pleaded they wouldn't listen to her, they were going to kill Yuki.
 
“Move out of the way, girl.”
 
Horokeu was behind Kai, helping Yuki to his feet.
 
“Everyone stop it now, you're being ridiculous!”
 
A boy no older than 18 walked out from the crowed and over to where Horokeu was holding Yuki.
 
The boy looked just like Yuki except instead of blue hair his was black. He also wore a headband making his hair stick out slightly at the back of his head, and some of the hair in front to fall over his right eye. This boy was Yuki's older brother Kama. He was one of the most respected people in the village.
 
Kama hoisted Yuki up onto his back and some of the blood from Yuki's face leaked down onto Kama's shoulder.
 
“My brother doesn't have evil powers, or any crap like that. He's shaman, which means he can communicate with spirits as well as use their powers.”
 
Everyone still looked suspicious but everyone trusted Kama.
 
Their secret was out, but how would that effect them in the long run, Kama was worried about his little brother and his friends.
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
Kai, Teal, and Horokeu were staying the night with Yuki and his brother. They were all sitting at the table in the kitchen listening to Kama yell at them.
 
“What the hell were you thinking, now everyone knows about your shamanic powers, do you know how dangerous that is?! Who knows what could happen to you now?!”
 
Kama was clearly pissed.
 
But he looked down at the four of them who looked just about ready to burst into tears.
 
Kama was the only family that Yuki had ever really had, his parents had died when Yuki was at a young age, leaving Kama as his guardian. Before they died, Yuki and Kama's parents had been the head of their village, which was why Kama was so respected throughout the village.
 
Teal didn't really have any family; they abandoned him when he was only four so he usually stayed with Yuki and Kama at their house, even though he had a house right next door.
 
And Kai's family never really appreciated her. Her parents were abusive and never really paid any attention to her.
 
So both Teal and Kai were usually living at Yuki and Kama's house.
 
Kama breathed deep and looked at the four of them sitting in front of him.
 
“I'm sorry guys; it's not really that big of a deal. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you.” He grinned.
 
Kama had always been a shaman just like the other four, but he was quite a powerful shaman much more powerful then the four of them. But no one other than the four of them sitting in front of him knew that he was a shaman, well almost no one anyway.
 
“Well its getting late, you kids should go to bed.”
 
Kama walked the four of them upstairs and tucked them into bed.
 
“'Night guys.”
 
He patted Yuki on the forehead, where he was wearing a band-aid to cover his cut, turned out the lights, and walked out the door, leaving it open a crack, shinning a light on the foot of the bed. He walked into his own room and sat on the window sill, looking up at the stars.
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
The next morning the four Ainu children were wandering around there village, getting terrible looks wherever they went.
 
They went back to their forest spot, where they would usually go to hid out, to try and hide from all the hatred.
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
Horo yawned. He had been telling the story for a while now, it was getting late.
 
“It's getting pretty late, maybe you should finish your story tomorrow Horo-kun, you seem pretty tired.”
 
Horo yawned again, and that lead to series of yawn around the table.
 
“Yeah, I guess everyone's probably tired.” He said as he looked around the table, Yoh was the only one yawning now.
 
I'll finish telling you guys everything tomorrow.”
 
Everyone nodded in agreement and started to disperse from the table.
 
Horo was the last to leave. He was sitting alone at the table now, just looking out the window, slowly falling asleep.
 
His head fell to the table and he was out cold.
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
Back at Yuki's house, Kama was sitting at the table wearing his pajamas and night cap, drinking s cup of tea. It was an especially cold out that day.
 
Good morning, Kama.
 
Kama turned around to see a young boy standing in the doorway.
 
Long time no see.
 
A young boy about 6 years old was standing in the doorway. He had long brown hair and a long cloak that was covered in stars.
 
Kama stood with his mouth slightly open and he began to sweat.
 
Ha-Hao-sama-"
 
 
______CHAPTER FOUR END____________________________________________________________________