Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Barricades In Time ❯ Kama... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE: KAMA…
 
Teal was looking up at the roof where Hao was standing with his back to the three of them.
 
“You're not going anywhere until you fight me.”
 
There was silence for a moment and Hao stood perfectly still on the roof.
 
“Heh… if you insist.”
 
He jumped off the roof.
 
He looked up at Teal and then over to Yuki. Their eyes met and Yuki's eyes opened wide.
 
Hao looked right into Yuki's eyes and grinned. Yuki recognized him from ten years ago when he met him in the Ainu village.
 
Yuki clenched his fists and looked over to Teal.
 
“Teal!”
 
He looked away from Hao and over to Yuki.
 
“Back off, I'm fighting this one.”
 
Yuki walked over to Teal.
 
“Aww, but Yuki, I haven't done any fighting since we got to this tournament.”
 
Yuki looked down at Teal with a terrifyingly sinister look.
 
“I said: Back off.”
 
“Ok, ok, you can have him.”
 
Teal looked disappointed and walked over to stand with Kai.
 
Yuki walked to Hao so that he was close enough to look Hao right in the face.
 
“You're that boy from the forest ten years ago aren't you; the one that killed Kama.”
 
Hao grinning and looked down at the ground, then back at Yuki's face.
 
“I couldn't possibly remember something so trivial as being in a forest from that long ago, however, you can believe what you want Ainu. But just remember: when you play with fire, you will get burned.”
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
Kama stumbled backwards, knocking his cup of tea off the table onto the floor. It landed with a crash.
 
“You look surprised to see me again, Kama.”
 
Kama just stood there, frozen with a shocked look on his face.
 
“Hao-sama … what are you doing here?”
 
Hao just stood there, staring, with the kind of expression on his face that made him look completely innocent. Just like an innocent little child.
 
What do you mean what am I doing here, you were my first and most loyal disciple as well as being an incredibly powerful shaman. But then you just disappear for two years. Granted, I have found more followers but none of them are as powerful as you.”
 
Hao sat himself down on the floor, still in the doorway to the house.
 
“B-but Hao-sama, I can't come with you, I have to look after my younger brother now, and our parents are both dead. If I leave him there will be no one too take care of him.”
 
Hao grinned yet again.
 
“Why not have him come along with you then, he's a shaman, correct?”
 
“My brother is not joining you and neither am I; I don't want to follow you any more…”
 
Hao was now sulking, still sitting on the floor.
 
“Fine, I won't force you. You could have been a powerful addition to my shaman utopia, but if you don't want to that's fine, I'm not going to force you.”
 
He got up off the floor and began to walk out the door.
 
“Oh and by the way,” he turned to look at Kama, “some people still know you as one of my followers, so I would watch out if I were you; they might even show up here soon.”
 
He turned back around and walked out the door into the snowy village.
 
Kama sat down at the table and thought about what Hao had just said.
 
What was he talking about, he said people were after him, does that mean…
 
“Shit… X-laws…”
 
They must have followed him here, so they're probably going to try and kill me.
 
“*Sigh*… damn it all, they'll probably be here soon.”
 
Kama got up and walked over to the sink. He picked up a cup from the sink and poured himself another cup of tea. He walked over to the mess on the floor where the broken cup was and cleaned it up.
 
It was dark in the house and only a small window over the sink let the light in, other than that it was quite dark.
 
He walked back over to the table and sat down for a while, listening to the stormy, snowy weather outside. The weather had been getting worse all day.
 
Yuki and everyone have been out for a long time now… I guess I should go and find them before it gets any worse out.
 
He took one last sip of tea, and emptied the cup.
 
Kama got up from the table and walked over to the door. He was about half way there when the door smashed open. The light reflecting off the snow outside made it almost impossible to see who was there. All Kama could see was the silhouette of a person. His eye started to adjust to the light and he could see that the figure was a young man; he looked to be about 19, maybe a little older.
 
The man looked like he was wearing a strange white uniform.
 
“X-law…”
 
_________________________________________________________________ _________________
 
Yuki clenched his fists and, in his rage, tried to throw a punch at Hao's face.
 
In a split second Yuki's fist was stopped right in front of Hao's face. Hao was holding Yuki's arm by the wrist, almost tight enough to break Yuki's wrist, but not quite.
 
Hao grinned and looked at Yuki directly in the face, although Yuki was a little taller than Hao so he had to look up slightly.
 
“Heh, nice try Ainu.”
 
Almost instantaneously after Hao said that, Yuki's wrist burst into flames under Hao's hand.
 
Yuki ripped his hand free from Hao's and jumped back several feet, holding his burnt wrist, blood flowing down his hand.
 
“Have you learnt you lesson yet, Ainu?”
 
“Shut up, you bastard.”
 
By the sound of Yuki's voice, it sounded like he was in a lot of pain.
 
“You are very strange indeed, you know you can't win and it's almost as if you invite death.”
 
“You son-of-a-bi~”
 
“Yuki don't,” Kai yelled to him, “maybe you should just let it go, this guy looks really strong.”
 
Yuki glared over in Kai's direction, still holding his wrist.
 
Kai looked down at the ground looking slightly afraid and ashamed. She bit her lip and brought her hand up to her mouth, like she was trying to put up a wall between herself and Yuki.
 
“Ha ha, “Kai, Yuki and Teal all looked over at Hao who was laughing, “Now there's no need to be hostile towards your teammates Yuki, is it? Besides she's absolutely right, I'm much stronger than you.”
 
“Keh, you're not stronger than me.” Yuki said quietly.
 
Hao just ignored him and seemed to vanish into thin air.
 
“I saw your fight with Raikougumi today.”
 
Hao's voice was suddenly coming from behind Kai and Teal; they turned around to see Hao standing only about two feet away from Kai.
 
“I like your style, you're quite ruthless. Your name is Kai-chan right?”
 
“Don't call her Kai-chan like you're her friend.”
 
Yuki yelled over to Hao.
 
“Oh that's right, you're still here.”(A/N: Oh bam, what a burn.)
 
Yuki glared over to Hao.
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Well I'd better go finish this then,” He turned to Kai, “Don't worry, I won't kill him.”
 
Kai had nothing to say to him. She just stood there, with a blank look on her face.
 
Hao walked over to Yuki.
 
Yuki had finally let go of his wrist and exposed a burn resembling a hand print.
 
He pulled out his weapons that were different from his Yuen Yang Razors; these however looked similar to normal hookswords, which were quite a bit longer than his other weapon. He had two to begin with but he threw one of them to the ground.
 
“Hyouchuu!” The koropukkur appeared beside Yuki.
 
“Integrate with the Tigerhead Hook!”
 
Hyouchuu disappeared with a blinding flash and Yuki's weapon changed in appearance.
 
The blade still had a hook at the end but it was covered in jagged icicles sticking out from the end of the hook. The back of the handle, near where Yuki was holding the grip, also had jagged icicles jutting out from it. The whole thing looked as if it was made of ice and the blade had almost doubled in size.
 
Yuki shuffled his feet into a battle stance and was now ready to fight.
_________________________________________________________________ _____________________________
 
The man had no expression on his face. The light from outside reflected on his glasses making it look like he had two white squares in place of eyes.
 
“You're one of Hao's followers aren't you, Ainu?”
 
Kama showed a grin.
 
“Well I don't really like to be called a follower, I like to think of myself as a leader, but I guess you could say I used to be a follower of Hao. But I guess it doesn't matter to you if I'm not part of his group anymore or not, right? Oh and just so you know: don't call me Ainu.”
 
“No it doesn't matter, you followed him and now you must be eliminated.”
 
“Hmm, I figured this might happen, well if that's the case…”
 
Kama held his arm out in front of him, his elbow was parallel to the floor, and his forearm was pointed up. He grabbed his forearm with his other hand and ice shot out from his fingers and hand, making a short, spear-like, blade ate the end of his arm.
 
“Bring it on, you freak.”
 
“ARCH ANGEL, MICHEL!”
 
The blonde haired boy raised his gun and fired it into the air. His spirit appeared behind him. It was large enough to tear the roof of the house, which in fact, it did.
 
“Damn, now look what you're stupid arch spirit did, you better fix that.”
 
“Stop trying to be funny, you're just going to be dead in a matter of minutes.”
 
“Ha, who's being funny? We both know there's no way you could kill me.”
 
“Don't underestimate the X-laws boy. We will cleanse the world of all evil, that means you, Hao, and all of his other followers will be destroyed.”
 
“Hmmm. So let me get this straight, you claim that the X-laws are the ultimate goodness, and you want Hao dead because he kills people, but you also want to get rid of anyone that doesn't support the ultimate goodness correct? So you think there's only good and evil no in between, so you think that anyone that doesn't follow you is evil and must be destroyed, so doesn't that make you just like Hao,” Kama took a breath “ wow, that makes me really dizzy. Wait does that even make sense…?”
 
The blonde hair boy made a face, clearly outraged by Kama's ramblings.
 
“You bastard how dare you put the X-laws on the same level as that son of a bitch?!”
 
“MICHEL!”
 
The angel plunged his sword down into the ground, aiming at Kama and sending up a cloud of smoke.
 
The smoke cleared and Kama was holding the blade back with his ice-arm-blade.
 
“You'll have to do better than that, Blondie.”
 
The boy pushed his glasses up from the bridge of his nose with his middle finger.
 
“I'm not finished yet, boy.”
 
The angel disappeared from above him and Kama felt a searing pain in his back. The angel was behind him and the sword had sliced rough his back.
 
Kama fell to the floor in a pool of blood, coming from his back.
 
-
 
“Hey, did you guys just get a bad feeling?”
 
Yuki looked over to his three friends.
 
“C'mon we should get back to the house, now!”
 
The four of them got up and started running in the direction of the village. On their way there, they saw a boy in the forest wearing a cloak. But no one thought anything of it.
 
“If you're heading to Kama's house you had better hurry before there's nothing left.” The boy said as if to himself.
 
Yuki seemed to be the only one that heard him, because the other three didn't even stop running.
 
“What are you talking about, how do you know my brother?!”
 
Hao had his back turned to Yuki.
 
“While standing there wasting time talking to me, your brother is probably dying.”
 
Hao turned around to see Yuki's face go pale. He didn't know what to do, or even what to say. Was the boy even telling the truth, but how did he even know Kama.
 
That doesn't matter now, I have to get home!
 
Yuki bolted to catch up with his friends.
 
Hao grinned and began to walk away in the opposite direction.
 
“It's a shame really, he was a strong accomplice.”
 
 
 
__________CHAPTER FIVE END_________________________________________________________________