Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Christine Weathers: Just another shaman ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Well I guess I should start then. it all started when I was five,” said Christine
 
~FLASHBACK~
 
“Ok Christine I think you're ready to hear this… you are a shaman” said her mother her mother's name was Renee Weathers she had light brown hair that was much like Christine's it was rather thin and limp only difference was Christine's was blonde.
 
“And as a shaman you can let a ghost join with your body” her father continued Her father's name was Mark Weathers he had short black hair he was always a very serious man not really on the fun loving side. As smart as he may have been it would have done him some good to pay more attention to the family history.
 
“A what man?” said a very confused Christine.
 
Christine watched as her mother integrated with a ghost
 
“Wow and I am going to be able to do that,” she asked
 
“Yes with lots of hard work” said her father
 
Three years later Christine had learned more about being a shaman though still a rookie. But rookie or not being a shaman was not all it was cracked up to be…
 
“Mom dad I'm going to school” said an 8-year-old Christine
 
“Ok but you be careful.” said her dad
 
“Dad! Of course I'll be careful!” she said
 
She walked along the side walk he home wasn't very far from the private school she went to so she would walk unless it was raining. She noticed some girls from her class ahead of her so she ran up to them.
 
“Hi!” she said
 
“Oh did I hear something?” said one
 
“More that likely the wind.” said the other
 
Christine was used to their rudeness but she still wanted desperately to be accepted
 
“Oh ghost girl.” said one
 
“Eek ghost where!” another girl faked
 
“That's not funny ghosts are real!” said Christine
 
The other girls laughed until one said
 
“You know that most people in England don't believe in ghosts and those that do are what we like to call… INSANE”!!!
 
“NO I'M NOT,” yelled Christine before running off ahead of them.
 
She got to the classroom early there were only a few other kids there. It was obvious she had been trying hard not to cry.
 
The rest of the day went a bit smoother for her regardless of a few people calling her devil girl.
 
Later that day she came home to something rather interesting.
 
“Christine! I want you to come and meet someone!” her mom called from the living room. She hadn't been having the best day but she cheered up a bit.
 
“Your father and I would like you to meet someone. This is Asakura Hao he will be staying in the guest room for a few days same house rules apply.”
 
“Ok mom.”
 
“Be sure to be on your best behavior, your father said the Asakuras have an adverse effect on the family history. Also Hao Asakura has come and offered to take you under his wing and train you for the up coming shaman fight.”
 
Christine smiled, this seemed like it would be cool and is Hao could take her somewhere else to train it would rock because she could get to see the change of scenery she had been wanting.
 
“Now go upstairs and do your homework and train some come down for dinner and be sure to dress up a bit nothing too fancy bust anything besides that school uniform. I don't want to hear a peep out of you or see you until dinner. Do remember not to be late.”
 
“Yes mom.”
 
Christine went upstairs and did her homework witch wasn't a lot and training she had almost an hour before she needed to get ready for dinner so she found herself quite bored.
 
“Mom only said for her not to her or se me until dinner… but that doesn't mean I can't go in to the back yard.” Christine said to herself it was quite true that she couldn't get in to trouble.
 
She walked in to the backyard she had the bad habit of playing with her mother's roses.
 
She put her hand on one of the stems to pick it but had forgotten all about the thorns, witch caused her finger to get pricked. She pulled her hand back quickly sucking the finger.
 
She heard a soft laugh behind her.
 
“What so funny?” she asked as she turned around to see none other than the visitor from earlier
 
“Why you of course, pay more attention next time you deiced to mess with something that protects it's self.”
 
“Umm… what?” she asked a bit confused
 
“The rose has thorns to protect it's self so that it's harder to pick. If it were easier to pick there would be less on the bush.”
 
Christine really didn't get a bit of what he was saying but she didn't see how it could be stated differently so she nodded and left it at that.
 
“I can see now I'll have a lot to teach you if you are to be my pupil.”
 
Christine blinked a bit she still wanted to know more about this guy, there was something odd about him.
 
“Your father is coming; you may want to get back inside before he sees you sneaking about the yard like this.”
 
She nodded once again and ran back inside and upstairs to her room.
 
She looked over at her schoolbooks and remembered she had forgotten all about her math work witch always took her a good bit of time. She mentally slapped her self for forgetting and got to work.
 
She didn't get much done before it was time for her to get read for dinner and come down.
 
She opened her closet door and looked around for a bit until she found a blue dress it wasn't very dressy but it wasn't too casual so she figured it would work.
 
Dinner was very quite, Christine didn't say much she had always been a bit shy.
 
After dinner, she went back upstairs to finish her homework and go to bed since she deiced to make it an early night.
 
She had soon fallen asleep it wasn't too long before she woke up because she heard a scream.
 
She got out of her bed and slowly creped down the stairs she saw a good bit of light coming from the kitchen, the air seemed thicker, and there was an odd smell. She heard a voice
 
“And to think, I almost allowed their brat to fight along side me.”
 
She recognized the voice as the one from earlier, it was that Asakura guy. None of this made any sense to her. she got a good look in to the kitchen but wished she hadn't after seeing flames and what appeared to be bodies. She felt sick to her stomach she just wanted to fall to her knees when she realized who those bodies were. She sobbed a bit but stopped when she realized Hao had disappeared, now she was more scared than upset she knew her parents would not think rather high of her if she did not save herself from the fire, and Hao.
 
She turned around to hear for the front door but Hao happened to be right in front of her.
 
“Y-you H-how could you?” Christine asked
 
Hao smirked and said “They got in my way, rather than sending you off to assist me in world domination and coming their selfs they choose to say no and said they would stop me… so I killed them.” He said it so simple as if the fact that he had murdered two people didn't phase him a bit.
 
“B-but they trusted you… they let you stay here they-” she was cut off
 
“They were fools, if you're not careful you will also go down the same path.”
 
“What are you saying?” she asked
 
“Any good shaman knows not to trust anyone, and your father should have pied more attention to the family history he would have know better.”
 
Christine was shocked she started to walk backwards
 
“It's not to late for you, join me and I will spare your life.” Hao said
 
“I-I don't want to!” she said
 
“But you want to live right?” Hao asked smirking.
 
“Yes but… I'd rather die than help you!” this was true but of course she didn't want to die, she prayed in the back of her mind that something anything would happen.
 
“Someone anyone help me!” She finally yelled
 
“Your cries for help will do you no good, you've refused me so you die!” said Hao
 
She ran to a small closet and started praying that something would happen someone would save her. For a second everything fell silent and she stepped out of the closet slowly, surely, she had not scared Hao away by hiding in the closet the front door was on fire so it had been blocked, she figured she'd use a window or figure out something.
 
“Running away Weathers?” there was Hao again behind her now she was really cornered
 
“Fear not, Christine Weathers!” said a voice
 
“Who said that?” said Hao
 
“I-I don't know.” said Christine
 
“No time for introductions.” said a Green ghost who quickly integrated with Christine she figured she could get killed by Hao or let the strange ghost get inside her body.
 
“Oh I knew that you would not just sit there and die like a good girl.” said Hao who knocked out a support beam from the ceiling witch started to crack and would fall at any time.
 
“Ok Christine you see the beam in front of you it's the only other thing keeping this roof up right now, I want you to push it.” said the ghost.
 
“But the roof will go through.” Christine said confused.
 
“That's the point.” The ghost said
 
“Ha you thank that you can beet me,” said Hao
 
Christine did not answer instead she pushed the beam like she had been told to and the roof started to collapse. She covered her head with her hands
 
“I have no time for this; she will surely be dead by the time the roof falls let's go spirit of fire!”
 
After that, she didn't remember anything else because she collapsed.
 
Christine woke up in a hospital bed she bolted up when she herd a ghost say “it is about time you woke up.”
 
“Who are you?” asked Christine
 
“uhh I don't know.” said the ghost
 
“huu, how could you not know I mean if it weren't for you I would have been dead.”
 
“Well like I said I don't know if I was an animal or human or what.” said the ghost
 
“You remember you name at least?”
 
“Koncho.”
 
“Thank heavens, I heard about what happened I'm surprised.” said a voice coming from the room door Christine turned her head
 
“I haven't seen you in such a long time, since your sixth birthday to be exact.”
 
“Aunt Stella.” Christine didn't see a lot of her Aunt Stella because she living in China and her dad never have a good relationship with his sister.
 
“How on earth did you manage to get out alive?” She asked
 
“Luck.” The ghost answered
 
“Luck had nothing to do with it, if you hadn't latterly appeared out of thin air I don't know where I'd be.” Christine said.
 
“Appeared out of thin air you say?” Stella Asked
 
“Pretty much, I asked for help and I got it.”
 
“Interesting… The man who started the fire what was his name?”
 
“Asakura Hao dad was going to go over stuff with him and he was going to train me for the upcoming shaman fight. Mom said that he was of some importance to the family.”
 
Stella hit her face with her hand “I cannot believe this…He should have listened more carefully to our parents and grandparents about the family history, Asakura Hao is foe to our side of the family.”
 
“Umm… what?” Christine was very confused
 
“I'll have to explain something to you about the family history… but not today.”
 
“I-I just don't get it how could he do that?” said Christine
 
“Well I am going tell you now, not all shamans are good some of them are bad like Hao. Hao wants to kill all people whom cannot see ghosts since he believes that people who cannot see ghosts are not good” said Stella
 
“w-wahhhh” said Christine
 
“He thinks people who cannot see ghosts are bad and people who can are good so he wants to kill everyone who cannot see ghosts and anyone who gets in his way,” said Stella
 
“So that is why he killed my parents?” said Christine
 
“Pretty much, I hope you don't mind me saying but… it wouldn't have happened had your father been less of a moron.”
 
“What about Koncho… how did he get here?”
 
“Some how you summoned him, or there could be a spiritual bond between the two of you, or it could be something completely different. The memory loss is a bit odd but his memory will probably be back of these days.”
 
“But how could I have done that?” said Christine
 
“That's one thing we may never know, but it's also something you shouldn't dwell on… you don't know why and there's barely a chance in the world you ever will know. All you know is it happened and the out come of it was good you should be glad and go on with your life, if it's meant for you to know then one day you'll know if it's not then well there's not much you can do.” said Stella
 
Christine nodded this was all very odd just yesterday she was going to school being called Devil girl and going about her day like normal, she never imagined so much could just change over night.
 
Things changed more for her she move to China with her Aunt and resumed her shaman training, rather than winning the tournament she felt she should do something more. When she told her aunt this she seemed pleased and said “If it's the path you feel you should take then take it and don't let anything stop you.” Those words would stick with her for the rest of her life.
 
bio
 
name: ??????? but is called Koncho
 
Gender: boy
 
Age at time of death:?????????????
 
Birthday:???????????????
 
About: not too much is known about Koncho but he dose like fleas
Thanks to my reviewers here, it is chapter 3