Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Again ❯ Cold Again ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok, I've written before, first time for Shaman King though. Of course, one can assume Shaman King is not mine, I'm not that smart. This is a quick one-shot, starts right after the end of the Shaman Tournament. Comments, good or bad are always welcome. Cheers.


Cold Again

*^*^*^*^*^*^*
She had forgotten how cold Japan could be. After the sweltering heat and the never-ending mirages of desert sands, Anna was surprised to find herself shivering in the small snow storm that greeted her as she arrived home.

How ironic, she thought, the Ice Queen feels cold.

But Ice Queen was no longer an appropriate title for her. Who could call her cold after watching her disguised efforts to help her fiancée succeed and seeing her reaction to Yoh's death? After all the occurrences in the epic Shaman Battle, the title of Ice Queen had been relinquished. And as Anna dropped her bag in her room and stared at the flurries outside her window, she wondered what to do next. So much had happened, she felt a little disappointed at the idea of being required to do nothing. With a small sigh, and a quick glance at the clock, she decided to step outside and start getting used to the weather again.

She liked snow. She would rather feel the cool nips of snowflakes against her cheeks than the hot grains of sand scratching her legs. The sound of glass sliding and the quiet click of a door broke the silence of the outdoors, but she didn't bother to turn around. Feet shuffled against the snow and the distant sound of music reached her ears.

“It's cold out, ne?”

She shrugged. She had already gotten used to it.

“Anna” The sound of feet shuffling moved closer. “You said you'd never forgive me if I failed.” There was a sharp inhale of breath. “Is that still true?

She sighed. Yoh.

“Gomen,” came the breathy reply. She jumped. He had closed the distance quickly, his hands wrapping around her waist, chin coming to rest on her shoulder. He gave a throaty chuckle, a puff of breath appearing before them.

“I mean, technically I lost. But at least I've gotten stronger, right?” He pulled her a little closer.

“I don't care.”

She felt him stiffen.

Her hands covered his for a moment. She turned to face him. “You can stay.”

“Aah, Anna,” he grinned happily, “you scared me for a moment.”

She turned to watch the snow fall.

Iie. You scared me.

------------

He watched as she turned to watch the weather again. He felt relieved. She had always been by his side and he had never questioned it. He never wanted to. And now that he knew she felt the same way, he could only feel relief.

He liked having her against him. She was warm and incredibly soft, his heart leapt into his throat at the idea of taking what they had any further. She would probably slap him if he tried. But then again she had already surprised him once.

“Anna.” His voice came out weaker than he expected.

She shifted, her body leaning against his, her head resting on his shoulder. She closed her eyes for a moment before coming to meet his. “Hmm?”

His throat felt dry. “Anna.”

She blinked. Curiosity and annoyance were creeping into her eyes --he couldn't tell which. But before he could think about it any further, she had leaned forward and closed the distance between them.

It was quick and Yoh had only found time to exhale her name. And when it was over, Yoh wondered whether or not it had really happened. His lips tingled. Her cheeks were flushed. He couldn't help but to smile.

Anna.

She slowly turned to look at him and he leaned forward without a second thought.

She tasted nice.