Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Confinding in Ren ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Inu382: Welcome, one and all! A long time ago, I promised Author-sama I'd make her a one-shot with a HoroYoh pairing. So here it is! Disclaimer please.

Ren: -flips through magazine- She doesn't own us.

Inu382: -_-0 Thanks for the enthusiasm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Horo?"

"What is it, Yoh?"

"I'm bored."

Horohoro sat up and looked at his friend. They'd been laying down on the grass in that park for hours. They knew Anna would be mad, they knew Ren wouldn't care, they knew Choco would make some stupid joke when they entered, and they knew Ryo would question. They decided to follow Ren's example and not care, though. Speaking of Ren...

"What are you two doing here?" said pointy haired teen asked.

"Just watching the sky." came Yoh's response.

"But now we're bored." Horo stated.

"Then do something." Ren scoffed.

"Like what, Ren?" Yoh asked.

"I don't know. Play a game of Hide-and-seek for all I care."

"Wait, why are you here, Ren?" Horohoro asked.

"The devil woman was getting angrier by the second, and sent me to get you. I swear, that woman PMS's all year long..." Ren sighed.

"Should we go?" Yoh asked, sitting up.

"If I were you, I wouldn't until she's well asleep." Ren responded, while taking a seat next to Yoh.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna get us some snow cones!" Horo shouted while trying to catch up with the cart.

Yoh and Ren looked after him and sat in silence for a while. Ren yawned and fell back softly, looking up at the sky. Yoh crawled over him and the latter looked up at him, cocking an eyebrow.

"What is it, Yoh?"

"Ren, I have a problem."

"What?"

"I like Horo, but I dunno if he likes me back."

Ren sighed. He wasn't surprised. He knew Yoh had feelings for Horo, and he knew how Horo felt about Yoh. It had been way too obvious, even for him. The only person who didn't seem to notice were the two love-birds themselves.

"I know Yoh."

"You do? How?"

"It's obvious."

"D-Do you think Horo knows?"

"He doesn't Yoh."

"How do you know?"

"Because it's obvious."

"Do you think he likes me back?"

"Yes Yoh."

"How can you tell?"

"It's obvious Yoh."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, Yoh."

"But what if you're wrong?"

"I'm never wrong."

"What about that one time---"

"YOH, JUST SHUT UP AND ASK HIM OUT ALREADY!" Ren shouted.

"But what if--"

"DAMMIT, YOH!" Ren sat up and grabbed Yoh by the collar.

"Yoh, he likes you as much as you like him. It's beyond obvious! Even Anna knows! Why do you think her freaking fuse is shorter!?"

Yoh blinked. Everyone already knew? Horo did like him? A huge smile appeared on his face, and he hugged Ren tightly.

"Oh, thank you so much Ren!"

"Yoh, y-you're ch-choking me!"

Meanwhile, Horohoro had arrived with the snow cones, then stopped dead in his tracks. Before him, Yoh was hugging Ren, but Ren's face was blue. 'Is Yoh trying to choke Ren to death?' Horohoro thought to himself.

"Uhm, Yoh. You're choking him." Horohoro stated while walking up to them.

"Oops, sorry Ren." Yoh said while letting go of the teen.

"Don't worry about it," Ren said, while trying to catch his breath, his face returning to its normal color.

"Hey Yoh, can you do me a favor?" Horo asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can you buy me a bottle of water?"

Yoh looked at him strangely, but complied nonetheless. As soon as Yoh was out of hearing range, Horohoro turned to Ren.

"Ren, I have a problem."

"What is it, Horo?"

"I like Yoh, but I don't know if he likes me back."

Sigh. Not this again...

"I know, Horo."

"You do?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"It's obvious, Horo."

"D-Do you think Yoh figured it out?"

"He's as dense as a brick, of course not."

"Do you think he likes me back?"

"Yes Horo."

"How do you---"

"I AM NOT GOING THROUGH THIS WHOLE EPISODE AGAIN!! JUST ASK HIM OUT ALREADY AND STOP TELLING ME ALL YOUR PROBLEMS!!!" Ren shrieked, his hair twitching violently.

"W-what?" Horo asked, surprised.

"Yoh asked me the very same questions when you left to get us the snow cones." Ren replied, fuming.

"R-Really?!" Horo asked, over-joyed.

"Yes, that's why he was hugging me."

"Oh, thank God!" Horo shouted happily, and latched himself to Ren.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?!"

"I'm thanking you with a hug!"

"Wow Ren, looks like you're helping everyone today!" Yoh chuckled lightly while walking towards them with the bottle of water.

Ren stood up (after pushing Horo off him) and brushed himself off. He looked at both of them, then sighed.

"If you two aren't hooked up by the time I come back from the bathroom, I'll kill you." he hissed angrily to Yoh, then walked to the public bathroom.

Horohoro and Yoh looked at each other nervously. They both chuckled shyly.

"Uhm, Horo..."

"Yes, Yoh?"

"I was wondering..."

"Yeah, Yoh?"

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"Of course Yoh!"

Horohoro jumped up and hugged Yoh. They shared a short, yet sweet kiss and laughed happily.

"I was so nervous. I thought you'd say no!" Yoh said.

"I thought it was obvious that I liked you!" Horo confessed.

"THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!" Ren fumed behind them.

"Well, I guess you were right, Ren!" Yoh laughed light-heartedly.

"Yeah, thanks!" Horo smiled kindly.

Ren's left eye and hair twitched. He sat through these bumbling idiots' rants for almost a year, just for them to hook up in less than two minutes? He didn't think so...revenge would be ensued.

"Group hug!!" Yoh shouted happily, and both Horohoro and Yoh hugged Ren.

Ren looked to his right to see an overly joyful Horo, and looked to his left to see an extremely happy Yoh. Sigh...he'd get them back later. Let them enjoy their happiness. Afterall...they have to face Anna. Ren snickered. Forget revenge, they're screwed anyway!