Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Deception ❯ Intro ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Shaman King!
 
 
Her hands were becoming unbelievably tight around the handgun. She couldn't take it any more. It was so hard not to pull the trigger. Her eyes widened in silence as beads of sweat poured down from her innocent face. Heavy pants began forming in her lungs.
 
Those words spun around her head like a caracole. It hurt so much. The anger was bubbling up and it was becoming heavier. It was a heck of a weight, which was not for her to carry. It was too much to hold.
 
There was no time to think, it was time for her to do something to stop this cycle of pain. She had to make a choice and she knew either way it would never benefit her.
 
Two deep breathes and a step forward, she flung the gun up in the mid air with her hand. A desperate struggle- the shield that was not allowing her to go forth was no longer there. Her knuckles became white as she pressed the trigger…She let it go. She did it. Not once, but twice. Suddenly her whole world came crashing down. What has she done?
 
A tear.
 
A chuckle.
 
A scream.
 
 
Silence.
 
Grave sounds of sirens broke the silence. Loud voices were heard outside. Screams of anger were ringing in her head as she placed her hands on her temples as she tried not to give in. A loud knock was heard on the door.
 
Her headache became as such as to the point where she tried to grasp hold onto the table near by for support. Her legs began to shake and lose balance. Her eyes were half closed and her hands were no longer placed on her forehead. They were hanging on to the table.
 
The door was broken. A man in a police uniform came in and caught her just as she was about to fall. She realized she'd been arrested. She got lose from his grasp and tried to reason with him.
 
Instead he placed these silver handcuffs that held her hands tight in place. She gave up all hope then and there.
 
“We've got her officer.”
 
“10-4.”
 
1
 
2
 
“Kyoyama, Anna. You've been charged for two first-degree murders in the Kyoyama residence. You're sentenced to 20 years in prison plus 400 hours of community service,” the decision had been finalized with one hit.
 
She had on her emotionless face as she made her way out.
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
The ground rustled beneath his feet as he strolled through the park. He had his hands placed in his pockets and had his head facing the stars above. He had a grin spread on his calm features for no apparent reason.
 
The wind was also on a light mood tonight. Nobody was found in the park this late at night that's why it was so peaceful.
 
About mid-way, he reached the lake that was shimmering from the stars and the moon. It was a tranquil sight. He leaned against the railing, as he was lost in his train of thoughts.
 
It was not unusual for him to go walking at night; it was more like a habit. It was a way to relax and take a break from reality. It helps set the mood for the following day.
 
He watched the lake carefully. Not a minute after he unwounded, he heard footsteps. It was like someone was running, more like. He got up quickly and scanned the park. He found nothing.
 
He decided it was enough lying back for one day. He retraced his steps and started walking back. Then he saw something lying on the ground, underneath a nearby tree. He ran towards it and saw that it was a girl. He bent down and checked for her pulse. She was alive. She must've been tired.
 
He picked her up gently and walked to where he was headed. She needed some medical help for the wounds on her arms and legs. They were no ordinary wounds.
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
The last bits of bandages were applied on her ankle as she lay still. He left the room to let her rest a bit.
 
After about an hour or so her lazy eyes opened as struggled to get up. She lifted her arm and was surprised to find it clean and her wounds all covered up to heal.
 
“Where am I?” that was the first thing escaped her lips as she made an effort to get up and placed her hand on her forehead. She rubbed her sore eyes to make sure this wasn't one of the hallucinations she was having. It wasn't.
 
An uncomfortable feeling was arousing inside of her as she looked at her surroundings. Just then she heard the door slide open.
 
“So, you're finally awake,” said a very cheery voice. He had a goofy looking grin on his face. He walked in with a plate of food in his hands.
 
“Who are you? How did I get here?” she questioned with a curious eye.
 
“I found you unconscious in the park a few hours ago and you had a pulse but you were in no shape to move, so I thought I'd help you out,” he placed the tray of food in front of her, “Eat-up you're going to need your strength.”
 
“You didn't answer my first question,” she demanded.
 
“My name's Asakura, Yoh,” he said happily, “and you are?”
 
“Kyoyama, Anna.”