Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Depth ❯ Depth ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Depth
By: M14Mouse
Summary: Manta's POV on the revelations in Shaman King 5. Spoilers! Spoilers!
Disclaimer: Don't own them.
A/N: I just finish reading Shaman King 5 then my muse want this story out of my head. I don't watch the show on Fox. I didn't like it once I started reading the manga. I am just sticking to the manga. I never done a Shaman King story before and I really don't know how this is going to turn out. So, Read and Review if you wish.
 
--The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend.—
~Henry David Thoreau~
 
It hurts so much.
 
I can feel the blood roll down my skin that hasn't been rolled back. I can see my skin pull away from my chest. I don't need to see that. I just close my eyes and not look. I just calmly breathe in and out while I wait for Yoh to get me out of this mess.
 
WHO AM I KIDDING?!
 
How can I be calm in a situation like this?!
 
Yoh is fighting a psycho who can raise the dead who pin me down to the ground. If Yoh lose the match, we become part of his collection of the dead.
 
I don't want to die! I really don't want to be part of his army!
 
Oh, it hurts so much. Okay, just calm down. I force myself to open my eyes and watch the battle. I just couldn't really look away for long. Things don't look good for Yoh. Nothing of his attacks seems to be working.
 
It is starting to rain and I feel the rain hit my open chest. My teeth bite into my lower lip to prevent me from screaming. Anna is just standing over me. Typically of Anna, she is probably enjoying the show. I think she has this thing for people in pain and causing people pain. Sometimes, I don't know what Yoh see in her.
 
I could hear Shiva's voice ask why Yoh was so driven this battle. Part of me was curious about that to but Anna's next words hit me like a ton of bricks.
 
Yoh is a devil child? How can that be possible? Yoh is one of the nicest people I know. Yoh seems like the person who is always surrounded by people. He always has a smile on his face. He always seems something nice to say to someone even if I think they are complete evil like Ren. I don't understand how anyone thought of Yoh as a devil child.
 
As Anna continue to tell Yoh's story, it was strange how everything fall into place. It would explain why I first meet Yoh in a graveyard. I understand how children could be that cruel. In school, everyone would pick on the small kid. So, I would hide in the library. It was easy to hide in between rows of books and desk. In books, I found my safe haven where there were no bullies or people who tease the small kid. I guess Yoh found the same thing in ghosts. I always thought me and Yoh were so different. Anna's little revelations shook my world. Her words show how closely our worlds truly mirror each other.
 
I was Yoh's first human friend. He was one of my first true friends. Yoh didn't use me for a punch bag or my book smarts. Yoh would never ask me of anything. I never ask anything of him. That is what we are…friends.
 
My throat just drops down to my stomach as I watch the psycho cut into Yoh's side.
 
I feel something hot roll down my face. I knew it wasn't the rain. The rain had stopped awhile back.
 
It was tears.
 
The End.