Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ From Past to Present ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer;) I don't own Shaman King, or any Shaman King characters, okay? Thank you. (You know you like these things short and sweet). (/Disclaimer)
(Authors Note;) I'm Canadian. If there happen to be words spelt oddly in here, (such as “colour” and “favourite”) that's because it's the Canadian spelling of those words. No complaints, please. Thank you.
Ah, also - normal italic font is a Shaman/Human being thinking. /Italic/ font, with the slashes, is the thoughts of a Spirit or alternate being. Thanks. (/Authors Note)
 
.x. From Past to Present; Chapter Two .x.
Asakura Yoh shivered, standing nude and staring at his to-be wife, Kyouyama Anna, who stood patiently staring at a stop watch, bound in winter attire. She rocked back and forth on her feet for a few moments, and then threw her watch behind her. Yoh looked a bit startled. “A-am I f-finished yet, Anna-san?” he inquired, shivering.
Anna looked at him and blinked a few times. “No. The watch stopped working from the cold. I'll go get a new one, don't move,” she said. Yoh frowned and shivered more, though knew better than to say anything about her strict training methods, and waited patiently as his fiance departed from the large freezer inside of the Funbari Onsen Inn kitchen.
He yelped a bit and turned to hide himself as she returned with not only herself, but four others; Tao Jun, Tao Ren, Usui Pirika, and Usui Horokeu (more commonly known as Horohoro).
“You have visitors,” Anna said bluntly, swinging her new watch around her finger. Pirika giggled and blushed as she hid her eyes at the sight of Yoh, and Jun followed to sheild her's as well. Ren and Horohoro evidently didn't care much, though Ren did go a bit purple.
“Asakura Yoh. Why are you standing nude in your freezer?” Ren questioned, looking a little cross, even though it wasn't even his house.
“Yoh is training,” Anna said for him, giving Ren a bit of a sharp look. “He wasn't expecting visitors.”
“Actually, Anna-chan, I-“
“Shut up,” Anna interrupted and looked at her stopwatch. “Now stand on one foot and get going.”Pirika blinked and then snapped her fingers. “Brother, Anna-chan is training Yoh! You should be training as well! Why are we even here? Well, seeing as how we are, get undressed. Anna do you have another stopwatch?”
Jun nodded, “Otouto-chan, you should train as well! Though you do every day on your own, it couldn't help to try Anna-chan's technique!”
Horohoro put up his hands and cringed as Pirika jumped him, and Ren's yell of protest rang throughout the entire inn.
There was a ten minute window in which everyone faught a brave fight - that the women won in the end, of course.
Asakura Yoh, Tao Ren, and Usui Horohoro shivered, staring at Yoh's to-be wife, Kyouyama Anna, Ren's sister, Tao Jun, and Horohoro's sister, Usui Pirika, who all stood patiently staring at stop watches, bound in winter attire.
.x. .x.
Eventually of course, the three young men bickered their ways out of the cold depthes of the Inn kitchen (except for Yoh who just got another two hours) and in approximately a few hours later, all six were seated around the kitchen table, poking at chicken with their chopsticks.
Yoh took a long gulp of orange juice and then set his glass down, sighing contently with a housecoat tightly wrapped around him. Horohoro hadn't come off too badly, being used to the frigid weather, though Ren's hair had collected ice crystals, and he was still shaking miserably from his `training experience', sipping from a carton of milk.
Suddenly, of course, as always happens during dinnertime, there was a knock at the door.
Yoh rose from his knees, though with a sharp look from Anna, seated himself again just as quickly, allowing his fiance to answer the door herself.
“Yoh. It's Manta,” Anna said, quite seriously, returning to the table and sitting down. Yoh stood up, scratching the back of his head as he walked towards the door.
“Manta! I was coming to answer it but Anna got here before me,” he said while grinning. Manta had grown taller over the last three years but he was still, of course, shorter than everyone else around him, standing about 4'2”. Yoh looked down at his best friend, and his expression changed to a small frown.
Manta was shaking, looking out behind him over the property opposed to at Yoh, and when he did look back at Yoh, his eyes were very round and saucery, and on his left eye played what appeared to be a bruise. “Yoh-kun! You won't believe what I just saw! What just happened to me! What just-”
Yoh, being just generally the way he was, grinned a bit and scratched the back of his head again. “Manta, why don't you come in? You need to settle down. Have some orange juice and get some ice for your eye-“
“No! Yoh, you have to listen to me!”
Yoh looked down at Manta with increasing surprise. His vertically challenged friend was tugging at the bottom of his shirt, looking up at him. Yoh actually began to worry; he'd never seen Manta in such a frantic state, and it almost scared him a little.
“Okay, Manta. Tell me.”
“I was on my way home from my classes,” Manta began, “and then I was walking through the grave yard, saying hello to everybody on my way home - but then you were there!”Yoh interrupted, “Manta, I've been home all night, remember? I told you I had training to do-““I KNOW! Let me finish,” Manta replied. “You were there, and you came up to me, and you said that you had to talk to me. And I asked you why you weren't training with Anna, and you said that you were finished, and I was amazed because you got off early, and then-“
“Manta! Slow down?”
“Sorry! By that time I was getting a bit suspicious because I know that Anna never lets you off early-“ There was a slight `ha' from the dining room - “and then you punched me! Look at my eye!”
“I can see that, Manta,” Yoh said. Now he was thoroughly worried. Either Manta had studied far too hard that evening, or the in-town kids who were subject to substance abuse had slipped something into one of his drinks. “Manta, come in.”
This time Manta obeyed and walked in as Yoh opened the door for him. Anna, Ren, Jun, Horohoro and Pirika all were staring at him, having overheard the whole story. Manta offered them a brief wave, taking a deep breath from lack of oxygen due to his quickly-told story.
Another pillow was pulled up to the table and some food was set out.
“Yoh has been training all day since he got home,” Anna said in her usual drawl, leaning back a bit. “He will never be let off early. He's not even done tonight's training.”
Yoh would have shot her a critical look, though, with his better judgement, took the matter into seriousness and sighed. “She's right, Manta. There was no way that I was at the graveyard tonight. Even Horohoro and Ren know that.”
All three young men shared a simultaneous quiver at the memory of the kitchen freezer.
“Hai. Yoh's right, Manta,” Horohoro said, nodding in agreement. “He was here when we got here. And that was almost three hours ago, now.”
Jun blushed a bit. “Yes. He was in the freezer the whole time.”
Manta made a double-take. “Freezer?”
Ren, Horohoro and Yoh sighed in unison. “Don't ask.”
"Moving on," Anna spoke up suddenly, glaring at the other gentlemen in the room before looking over at Manta directly. "Why would Yoh hit you, Manta?"
Manta nodded a little; the answer was evident. Yoh wouldn't hit him - or at least, not for a reason like that. Yoh observed his friend in concern.
"Yoh-dono would never hurt Manta." Amidamaru made his sudden appearance. He'd been sitting away in a corner quietly, listening in on the entire conversation.
Yoh nodded in agreement, though did so slowly; it wasn't that he was uninterested in what was going on, his usual lazy nature was just catching up with him.
Manta sighed, poking at his laptop in concern. "But who could it have been, then?"
Horohoro loomed quite suddenly over Manta's shoulder. "Mantaaaa... maybe it was allll a dreeaaamm- OW! Pirika!"
Ren sweatdropped as Horohoro's sister shook her fist at her brother. "You rise an exceptionally relevent question. Who could have done that to you?"
The entire room fell silent as each person dwelled on that one thought.