Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Libertine ❯ Libertine ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Sorry if some details are a bit iffy, I've only seen one episode with Faust in it, and I haven't bought the manga in a while.
This is the edited version! Fixed grammar mistakes and added a few bits, so it's generally better XD.
 
Authoress: Neku-sama (Marion Phauna)
 
Rating: G
Genre: Romance, a little angst.
Pairing: Faust/Yoh
 
 
 
Libertine
 
 
It was raining that night. There were no clouds looming, nor was there any thunder or lightning. And yet it rained. An un-stoppable wave of water washing over the city.
 
Faust liked the rain. He had watched it many times after another experiment to bring Eliza back, failed. Ah yes, his dear sweet Eliza, the one he couldn't save, the one couldn't bring back…
 
He had soon realised that she couldn't come back, she would never be alive. His heart stung, it wept. Eliza's spirit however, it stayed with him. With the help of Anna,
 
Faust had been able to reunite with his beloved.
And yet… Faust still felt alone. It was almost like Eliza was there, yet she wasn't. Faust gave another sigh, staring ahead blankly.
 
“You know, your gonna catch a cold if keep standing in the rain”.
 
Faust turned his head, his eyes meeting the smiling face of Yoh. He looked a little surprised at seeing the brown haired shaman. He looked away from Yoh, replying in his usual tone.
 
“If I catch a cold, it is my problem”
 
Yoh still smiled, “Hey, I can be worried about my friends you know.”
 
Faust raised a brow. Yoh just grinned and walked to his side.
 
“And why are you out in the rain?”
 
“I wanted to watch the stars”.
 
Faust chuckled, “You are very strange Yoh Asakura...”
 
Yoh laughed, “And you're any different?”
 
“I suppose not.”
 
Yoh smiled, looking up at the sky, the rain washing over his face. Faust couldn't help but admire the young boy. He was strong, and could befriend anyone. He was trusting and innocent. Everything Faust wasn't and couldn't be. And deep down, Faust also had to admit that Yoh Asakura was very adorable.
 
“So why are you out in the rain, Faust?”
 
Faust was shaken out of his musings at the question.
 
“Thinking”
 
“About..?”
 
Faust smiled sadly. “Eliza.”
 
Yoh glanced up at the necromancer, “Anna says love is a fickle thing”
 
“Oh it is,” Faust looked down at Yoh, smiling, “It can be wonderful, or it can disastrous and heartbreaking”.
 
Yoh shrugged, “I wouldn't know, the person I love only sees me as a friend”
 
Faust seemed surprised, “You don't love Anna?”
 
Yoh laughed, “Yeah I love Anna, but not in that way, she's like an older, stubborn sister.”
 
“So, what makes you think that the person you love only sees you as a friend?”.
 
Yoh smiled up at him, “Because the person I love is still clinging to a love that died long ago.”
 
Faust looked puzzled, but the smile on Yoh's face forced realization to dawn on him.
“Yoh…I..”
 
“Hey, look it's stopped raining”, Yoh smiled at him, a sad glint in usually happy eyes, and began to walk away.
 
Faust stared at the ground for a moment, then grabbed Yoh's arm. Yoh looked back at him, surprised.
 
Faust looked down and said quietly. “Yoh … I… Love you too…”
 
Yoh stared at him for a second, shock evident on his face. Then he grinned. “Really?”
 
Faust looked up, smiling weakly. “Really” Faust laughed as he was hugged around the waist.
 
In the distance two figures stood watching.
 
Anna snorted, “It was about time”. The spirit of Eliza just smiled.
 
Fin