Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Love Me Once ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer- Nope, I still don't own Shaman King. And.. er. I never will?! x.X

Manta gasped as he took in the face of Anna as she descended gracefully down the stairs. She looked like an angel instead of brutal young girl who fancied throwing him about like a ball. His eyes roamed over her and he gave a little shudder. She had such a wistful look on her face. Could she really be inlove?

Yoh also stared at his fiancee. "Anna?" he asked softly as if he couldn't believe it. She turned towards him and grinned, but it seemed so.. un-Anna. He'd never seen a completely happy smile on her lips before and he knew he wasn't seeing one now.

"Anna?"

Anna remembered turning to Yoh and grinning, but she was so nervous that he could tell right off the bat, that she turned around again so that her back was facing him. Even though she only turned twice, she was already dizzy. She took a step forward and slipped into her small sandals. As she looked down at the sandals she noticed her small and fragile her feet looked inside them. This brought a small unladylike snort from her and a knowing look entered her eyes. "Ah well, Yoh," she said, turning once again to face him. "I'll be gone for the night. Er. I'll see you in the morning."

"All night?" Yoh asked. He didn't like her out all night with a fellow he didn't even know. Sometimes Anna may be a witch, but he knew that she was only looking out for him. She'd lived with him for so long, it was hard not to care for her arrogant and snippy ways. She was the one thing that made this house move anyway. He wouldn't cook or clean.. or be anything but a lump on a mattress if she weren't around.

"Yes, all night."

"Where are you going again?"

"Um, to the movies."

"Hey! You said you were going to the lake!" interjected Manta.

"Uh, well, um. You see Manta, we had to cancel. His car broke down so we decided to walk to the movies together."

"He has a car?!" replied Manta

"Yes," she said.

"I would like to meet him," said Yoh after some time.

"Uh, why?"

"I don't know him and he could be anyone."

"Well, I know him! You don't have to look after anyone but yourself. I'm supposed to look after you so remember that," growled Anna as she began to feel faintly annoyed. `Who was he to question her choices?'

"Anna."

"What?!" she snapped.

"Your feet will get cold. Your shoulders will freeze."

She blinked and looked down at her foot and she already felt the cool breeze whipping at her shoulders. She hadn't thought of the weather.

"Alright," she said and slowly walked back up the stairs. Yoh followed after her.

"What's his name?" he questioned.

She was silent.

"Karsha."

"Karsha? Who is he? Does he go to our school? Where did you meet him? When, exactly? None of that a few days ago shit either," snarled Yoh. He was starting to get anxious and slowly pissed off at the thought of his fiancee going on a romantic outing with someone other than himself. He practically owned her. She was his. She didn't get to go unless he told her so.

Anna snapped at herself soundly inside of her head. Karsha? KARSHA?! What the hell was she thinking? The guy she partnered with for chemistry? Yuck. Already balding at the age of 16 and he looked like he wore the school outfit to bed, to swim, to roll in the dirt with..

Yoh swore as they entered her room. He always felt slightly uncomfortable coming in here. It was so her. Or so not her. The room was warm and softly lit. Bedspreads over knitted blankets and fluffy pillows with a small raggedy doll hidden between the rather large ones. The room always smelt of Anna. Smooth, like honey, warm as the sun, and seductive like dusky incense in a room alive with the blues.

"Anna?" he asked.

"Yes?" she replied as she peeled the shawl off her creamy shoulders and tied it around her waist. It still made her feel safe, in this room.. alone with Yoh. Why did he follow her? He wasn't needed here while she contemplated her excuses. She walked towards her closet and pulled out a chic white denim jacket. She slid it up over her arms and turned back towards Yoh. Gone unnoticed by her, he had stalked right up behind her and looked down at her appraisingly.

"I don't want you to go."

She stared up at him with a wonderous look in her eyes. Was this what she was waiting for? Did this mean he cared because he didn't want her leaving with another man?

"You can go to the movies with me," he went on "I don't like the idea of my fiancee going around town with some guy." He paused. "I mean, what would family say?"

Oh, she got it now. He didn't care for her. He cared for his so-called Shaman Queen, he cared for the thoughts of others, but not her. But, she couldn't blame him. She'd been nothing but rude and angry and all she talked about was him being her King.

"I can't just cancel, Yoh. Karsha's waiting for me. I want to go," she spoke while slipping on some dainty looking socks. "Maybe next time."

(( A/N: I can not see your reviews for some reason. I'm trying like crazy. So, right now.. I can't tell if you hate it or not. And, sorry for the delay if you don't. It's not that good, but hey. It's my first fanfic like.. ever. So, perhaps.. flamers chill a bit? This is a shorter chapter, and I think maybe all my chapters are going to be around this amount. Sorry. I just don't have that creative flow right now. ))