Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Love Me Once ❯ Chapter 6. ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(( This looks like it's going to be a long fic. O_o' ))

Disclaimer: I own cold pizza and a lot of Disney DVDs. I don't own, uh, Shaman King though. Damn.

Anna was dressed for school and everything, it seemed had returned to normal. Yoh went back into his usual severe work out and Anna still chucked Manta at him when he acted like he didn't have much going on upstairs. Manta and the rest of the crew knew hardly nothing of that awkward night and surely, Yoh and Anna weren't going to bring it up.

"Yoh, goddamnit. You can't eat the whole house and be on time for school too. How about going today, maybe?" she spoke impatiently. Her hand flickered across her hair, signalling that she was impatiently waiting and on the brink of murder.

"Coming, dearest," came a voice. Yoh appeared leaning against the door frame of the kitchen with a bagel hanging out of his mouth. Anna rolled her eyes. Yoh had become increasingly flirtatious and it wasn't just with her. Every girl he met practically drooled all over his body. Anna thought it was just male hormones turning him into such a cad, but then again.. she was feeling mighty attracted too. Not that she hadn't always been attracted. He didn't really know that, now did he? He sauntered past her with his new trade mark smirk and reach out to open the door.

"After you, my queen."

He really had to stop. Or else she might throttle him.

Anna walked past him with her bookbag thrown over her shoulder. She ignored him as she walked down the pathway towards the way to their school. It had been like this for days, she could always feel him watching her. He'd stay at least 3 footsteps behind her, everyday. He'd arrive to school like that and follow her to her locker. Then, he's grin and wave goodbye until lunch. He'd even started sitting closer to her. Everywhere she went in the school hall, she could feel eyes on her. His eyes, and other peoples. Whispering and nudges, and girls suddenly glaring at her. She wasn't stupid, she'd figure that with Karsha's big mouth, he'd have told someone about them living together. The same girls who wished her and Yoh were together were now calling her a slut behind her back. It wasn't like Yoh was making it any better either. Staring at her over from his lunch table and waving at her when she entered the class they had together. They never even used to acknowledge each other. What had really changed?

She broke out of her musings as she felt a warm hand grip her shoulder.

"Anna, we're there.." came the voice.

"I know," she snapped. She really hated looking like the fool between them.

"A penny for your thoughts?" She sighed and turned to look up at his grinning face.

"Yoh, everything about me is worth so much more than a penny."

And with that she turned and walked into the building.

**

Yoh continued to stand there, grinning. He'd never thought of her destructive behavior and sassy attitude cute before, but now.. it's like she's put a spell over him. Every time he thought of her, he smiled. Every time he looked at her, spoke to her, approached her.. all to get a rise out of her. To meet that passionate person. He'd never felt like this before. Perhaps it was just teenage hormones, but now being close to 17 he'd have already felt them before, yeah? Could it be perhaps he was falling in love with someone who was already planned as his? If so, he was a lucky man. (( In Yoh's mind, there is no such word as divorce. ))

The bell rang loudly and snapped him out of his thoughts. Manta had been beside him for awhile, but hadn't said much, seeing as he was used to his wild-haired friend's daydreaming. He never really cared what it was about, but seeing Yoh's silly grin on his face.. he'd figured it might be something worth knowing. He wouldn't ask about it now, it wasn't really much of his business. Yoh would probably tell him anyway.

They had walked into the building and dropped their stuff off at their lockers when Yoh noticed Karsha walk up behind Anna. His eyes followed them into Chemistry Lab Class A1. He felt strangely jumpy as Karsha's hand landed on his fiancee's shoulder. She didn't exactly smile at him, but she didn't frown either as she had done to him. His anger must have shown on his face, because a girl with curly dark brown hair laid a hand on his arm and blinked up at him with large golden eyes.

"Something wrong, Yoh?" she whispered. Yoh looked down at the small angelic girl and shook his head. He moved his arm so that her hand fell off and tried to find Anna and Karsha with his eyes again. The girl noticed and looked over there where she saw Anna's familiar blonde hair disappear and Karsha's dirty dull brown hair follow her. She seethed inwardly as she looked back at Yoh, who's own eyes had darkened with jealousy. She gasped as Yoh began walking quickly to the principal's office. Surely he wouldn't..?

Yoh stood at the school secretary's desk and waited for his principal to come out and see of his request. The vice principal strolled out on his fat pudgy legs and with an obvious scowl, thrust a large envelope in his face.

"I see no reason why you think that so late in the year, you would want to change your classes. You were doing exceptionally well in Biology Lab, Yoh."

He nodded at the vice principal.

"I know. But, it's always nice to try something different," he replied. "I've always been curious about the chem classes. I've taken some classes and I feel that I like them better. Thanks for making an exception for me and allowing me to go forth to try new things. I will always be grateful."

The vice principal rocked on his heels, with his arms crossed behind his back. It wasn't like him and the head principal to change classes for students. But, for some reason it was almost impossible for them to deny Yoh. He was such a promising boy. A little ditzy sometimes, but still he had some sort of potential in that brain of his.

"You can go, Yoh," he said, waving his hand to dismiss Yoh and returning to his office.

Yoh left the office and looked down at his new schedule. He knew you only had to change at least one class to offset the ones you already had. He had the same classes, but most of them at different times. Most of them, Anna's classes. He grinned. `Gotcha.'

**

Anna sat in her desk, waiting patiently for the ever-late teacher to come in and do her job when a petite girl with wide sparkling eyes and a big smile joined her.

"Anna?" the girl asked, with an almost fake cheeriness.

"Yes?"

"Some of the girls in the restroom want to know if you could come by and help us out. Please! It'll be really great if you did, because we have a bit of a problem and you're so smart.." she gushed.

Anna tensed. She had an odd feeling that something was not all right, and that this pretty girl with shiny brunette hair was her direct lead to trouble. She would like to say no, but what if she were wrong? And, besides.. if she wasn't she definitely knew how to take care of herself. So she smiled and stood from her desk.

"Sure."

The girl stood behind her and as Anna made her way to the door, the smile that was on her face died in an instant. She narrowed her eyes and a malicious smirk replaced the happy look that was once on her face. She followed behind her until they reached the girl's bathroom.

A crowd of angered girls hung around the bathroom and when Anna entered they seemed to enclose around her.

"So.. Anna. You've been a bit naughty lately," spoke the obvious leader of the girls. "What spell have you put on our Yoh?"

Anna raised a cool eyebrow. "I'll never tell."

"If we have to force you.."

"Try me," countered Anna. "Just try it." She laughed and a hand went up to her beads. "You won't know what hit you."