Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Out With It! ❯ Out With It! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, not even the shoes I'm wearing right now! I borrowed them off a friend and haven't given them back yet, but read the short but sweet story
 
Out With It!
 
One year had passed since the shaman tournament. Everyone's lives had gone off in different directions but everyone still got together. Ren and Horo have been in a romantic relationship for a long time but neither had told anyone else, Rens pride and hate for public displays of emotion or affection had prevented them from coming out to Yoh and the others. They eventually made it known one winter.
 
Yoh had invited everyone to stay in the Inn over Christmas but few could come. Ryu, Faust, Eliza, Lyserg, Ren, Horo, Yoh, Morty and Anna all crammed into what space there was. Anna had her own room, Faust and Eliza slept in the same room while Ryu, Lyserg, Yoh and morty all bunked in the big room while Ren and Horo took the littlest room. Christmas Eve was a hustle and bustle of Yoh and his guests cleaning, cooking and preparing for Christmas morning under the watchful eyes of Anna. The day drew on and a small layer of snow had fell leaving most of the area lightly sprinkled with snow but not completely counselling the ground underneath. After all the hard work a Christmas dinner was had with everyone eating and laughing, enjoying each others company. After it became late all went to bed but Horo and Ren who sat up in there room discussing their relationship.
 
Horo: Why not?
 
Ren: Because I said so
 
Horo: Please, I don't want to have to sneak around just to get close to you. They will understand, they are our friends, right?
 
Ren: Yes but you know how I detest public shows of affection and......
 
Horo: (Horo cut Ren off there) It's not public Ren
 
Ren: It's still in front of a lot of people
 
Silence fell across the room. Ren tried to ignore Horo and sat on the bed but was turned around by Horo.
 
Horo: Are you ashamed of me? (Hurt in his eyes as he looked withdrawn and teary at Ren)
 
Ren: No why would you think that?
 
Horo: you don't ever go near me when they are around, you won't touch me in front of anyone else.
 
Ren: I'm private, is that a bad thing (Ren now getting fidgety and frustrated)
 
Horo: Do you love me? (Horo now looking quite desperate and dis-hearted)
 
Ren: What?
 
Horo: Do you love me? (Horo repeated)
 
Ren: Of course I do but..... (Ren found himself withdrawing himself trying not to commune with Horo)
 
Horo: But, what?
 
Ren: Nothing
 
Horo: Nothing
 
Horo: Just drop it! Dammit Horo just accept it and go to sleep (Ren pushed Horo away and flung himself down trying not to look at Horo)
 
Horos face went blank and a twinge of pain went through his chest as he felt alone. His thoughts went to sad places, places he never wanted his mind to ever wonder to. > Does he love me as much as I love him? Is he ashamed of me? He keeps pushing me away, why doesn't he let me in? Why can't he accept me? What did I do wrong? Maybe he has doubts, does he think I'm worthy........< Horo laid down pulling himself away from Ren so they were a considerable distance apart.
 
Rens eyes unknown to Horo filled with tears as he bit his lip trying not to shake as he contained his sadness. His chest constricted his breathing making his body throb with every movement. Ren wasn't ashamed of his lover but he didn't want to be.....weak. He remembered En's words > A Tao can not love, Taos are strong, Tao don't feel emotions, they show your weak, having friends are distractions, you will never fit in. < Ren cried himself to sleep his troubling thoughts turned into nightmares of Horo leaving, the only one he had ever loved walking away leaving the broken remains of his heart on the ground, words ringing in his ears tormenting him, inflicting damaging blows to his heart. You can't love! You can't love! Louder and louder until the final words were screamed into the darkness that had wrapped itself around him.........WHO WOULD LOVE YOU?
 
Horo was woken by Rens tossing and turning. Horo wrapped his arms around Ren and whispered soothing words into his ear until the Chinese shaman finally relaxed. The blue-haired boy looked troubled by this but still feeling hurt by his previous conversation with him did not want to face Ren right now. He slept close to Ren the rest of the night to make sure his nightmares would not stir him.
 
Morning came and Ren woke up finally but he was alone in bed, Horo already got up and had gone down. Ren rushed into the shower then quickly dressed himself before going down himself to find his lover. Everyone was there opening their gifts and laughing. Except Horo, he sat there faking a smile here and there. Rens heart sank as he watched the sadness flicker around in those deep pools of blue that were Horos eyes. Ren sat down and watched. Yohs noticed the change in Horos behaviour around Ren.
 
Yoh: What's wrong Horo?
 
Horo gave no reply just turned his head away slightly. Ren looked at the floor thinking of how he could fix this mess > I'm sorry Horo but I'm not ready. I was taught emotions are a weakness. A Tao shouldn't love but I do and I love you. I wish I could bring myself to do it but how? How do you do it? How can you be so laid back about it? Your not weak, your stronger than me and you can be open. Then that would mean......showing emotions isn't a weakness....it isn't wrong to love, when you love me back < Rens head shot up and a grin appeared on his usually calm face now knowing what he should do.
 
Ren: Yoh, leave him. He's just sulking! But I know how to cheer him up.
 
Ren stood up with the entire room now wanting to know what was up stared at him as he walked over to Horo sitting himself with his knees on the ground and Horos legs between his. He leant in and kissed Horo in a passionate and sensual way leaving a very shocked Horo and a room full of gasping onlookers.
 
Horo smiled at him as he leaned back, Ren too smiled as the ice shaman returned Rens affections with a soft but sexy embrace. The rest in the room didn't seem to matter anymore, just each other as Ren gave in to the passive Horo, he really had to get used to Horo being the leader in the relationship and he being the submissive one but no matter what they pulled through.
 
THE END
 
Read and Review