Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Seek! ❯ Complicated ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own `Shaman King' or any of its characters.
(I haven't named any names in here, but you can probably guess who they are by their description)
Ch.1
I grabbed the last load of cash and headed out the door before anyone catches me. Thankfully no one did. The security of this place couldn't possibly capture me. I was trained by the best. All the days I've worked and trained will finally pay off today.
I slowly made my way out of what appeared to be a least a billion dollar mansion. I leaped from the 3rd floor balcony on the concrete pathway, barely making any noise. I tiptoed my way near the front gate.
They were huge and from the looks of it, they were made of thick metal. My work was cut out for me, because I could easily climb up the design patters printed on them. As I was about to climb it, I heard police cars far in the distance. They found out.
I knew I was in for it, so I decided to make a run for it in the opposite direction. If they caught me, my boss would literally kill me or worse, skin me alive then kill me. I approached multi-billion dollar mansion, still carrying the hard load of cash.
I had to find a nice hiding place and quick. I looked all around and found nothing, but there was a small basement window open, enough to let me through. The light wasn't on, which means I was safe.
I backend slightly, making sure this what I really wanted. What if I got caught? What if they know I'm here? What if it's a trap? A series of questions crossed my mind.
I really wasn't sure if I wanted to risk it. Be brave. You've survived through worse. Even if they caught me, I'll just fight all of them off. No way am I backing away now.
The wind whispered through my shoulder length hair. A deep breath and a step forward was what I did next. I could hear the police cars getting closer and closer.
I put my feet inside first and slowly slid my self through. It wasn't as comfortable as I though. The bush of clean, white roses on the side of the small window made it all that horrible.
I was now in the house and standing on what appeared to be a long desk which curved in the corner. It was neat and organized. Though, I didn't care much. In front of the desk was a small but comfortable leather chair.
I leaped of the desk to find the door. It was dark so I couldn't see much. Although, I was able to trace out the door with my hand, there was a lock on the door knob.
I reached out to lock and twisted it slightly, but it bounced back on me. I tried again and again but something on the other side was holding it back. I knew that there is someone on the other side.
I let go of the door knob and ran to the nearest hiding place. I this big basement, all I could seek out was a table in the corner- which I sat underneath. I crouched and hid as best as I could, so my outfit can blend in with the darkness.
The door slowly opened, letting enormous amount of light to pour into this dark but relaxed basement. Fortunately, the light didn't shine in my corner. The table was barely hid by the opening of the door. `Sigh.' Thank goodness.
The figure slowly walked in and started examining the room. It appeared to be a guy and he was looking for something or someone. I guess he heard me come in.
Sweat drop. Curse him. What bad timing! I was angry and let all of my fury onto him.
I saw him trace the side wall with his hand. He suddenly stopped and flickered on the switch. With that the whole entire basement was bright. I couldn't believe my eyes.
The wall was covered in the finest red and gold Victorian wall covering, with it was a marble made fire place, which heated up the entire room. In the opposite corner were two loveseat sofas and two antique chairs, finished it off with a huge bar.
This jaw-dropping site before had made me want to stay here more. With stuff like this, who wouldn't? These people were really rich. I put my eyes back on the guy and now I could see him clearly.
He wore a white, unbutton shirt, giving me a clear view of his tanned orbs and he wore green pair of pants. He had a pair of orange headphones tucked behind his ears. His brown hair was messy and tossed over his shoulder and those brown depths…………
He walked in and looked around again then he scratched the side of his head goofily. He then slowly approached the table I was sitting under. My heart was beating hard. He had now caught me. The one who had stole his (or his parents') money, the one who caused all of the commotion.
There are endless things he could do to me. Whatever it'll be it won't be as worse as what'll boss do to me if I got caught. I need help. I could feel my forehead quickly getting damp with sweat. My inhales and exhales were getting larger and sharper at each step he took.
All I could think was to run but how. I was trapped by a single worthless piece of crap. If I show my self to him, he'll do anything to have me ruined, even paint my face black.
I saw a pair of green denim- jeans standing in front of the table. `Sigh.' No good worrying.
As I was about to get up and show myself, I was greeted with a grin and a pair of brown eyes. So he did see me.
“Hi, don't you think it's a little crowded in there?” He questioned me, still not removing the goofy grin off of his face.
“I….I…well…” I couldn't get anything out my mouth.
“Come out here in the open and we'll talk,” He got up and waited for me to crawl out from underneath the table.
I followed him to the comfy, well-dressed, sitting area. He gave me a cup of hot, steaming tea. Can't he tell I'm a thief and a rotten liar, from my cloths? Is he that dumb? He stared at me, so I gave him my extra-special death glare.
He just giggled at me, “What's so funny?!”
“Nothing, it's just that you look strange in those cloths. They don't suit you.”
“How do you know what suits me and what doesn't?” I sipped the last drop of tea and placed it on the table. Why am I here? If I wished, I could've killed this guy. He must be planning something, I mean anyone who's hiding in someone's basement, uninvited should be kicked out or worse sent in prison.
There is something about him, for some reason seems familiar. Anyway, I have to figure how to get out of here and quick……..
--
To be continued………
A/N: Hope you liked the chapter. Forgive me for any grammar mistakes. Please review and tell me what you think.