Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Seek! ❯ message ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own `Shaman King' or any of its characters.
 
 
Ch 3
 
 
The spot lights in the ceiling lit on one-by-one as I followed them in the hallway. The bright lights made the images on the walls quite clear to see. All of the faces in the paintings were all quite alike in a way.
 
 
My echoing foot steps were just calling for trouble, though I didn't care.
 
 
As I made my way through, one image caught my attention. It was a sofa sized portrait of Yoh with long hair that reached his thighs and murderous eyes. I had a bad feeling about it.
 
 
His hands rested on a near-by table and his back slightly turned. He wore beige, long cape that was even longer then him, very unprofessional of him since this family; my guess is that it is built on perfections.
 
 
He looked a bit older to be Yoh. At any rate I did not want to know, so I continued my way when I saw a room slightly open with some light piercing out.
 
 
It was not quite clear who was present in the room at the moment, but I could make out their voices. It was quite creepy to listen; still I had to get some fun out of it. Maybe I'll hear something useful.
 
 
“Get more of them. I don't care from where. Dreams aren't cheap to build,” said an older male with a slight rough voice. This didn't sound good.
 
 
“Yes but-
 
 
“No `buts' or `ifs,' of course this is what your mother would've wanted. Now get the report ready for Izumo square and a calculation for last years cost of food supplies for the camp. Understood?” I guessed the other figure nodded at that. “Good, I leave you to it then. Oh and that friend of yours, she won't be staying here for long. Right?” I can't believe he said that.
 
 
“Ri…right,” the one who answered was Yoh, not surprising since I didn't see many people around this residence.
 
 
Well there was nothing interesting. I had to cut the thought when I heard foot steps approach the door on the other side. I quickly withdrew my ear and started walking the direction I came in.
 
 
Not to appear suspicious, I walked at a normal pace and got out of there. `Sigh.' I made it to my room. I locked the door and sat against it to relax and think.
 
 
Who was that man? What the hell was he talking about? I got to get out of here. I'm thinking way too much.
 
 
I'm left with no hope or faith. My senses knows no bound, but it can make mistakes that can do damage that I'm not even certain of.
 
 
My destiny is out of my reach but I can always use a ladder to climb up to it, but where can I find that ladder that will aid me? Where can I find the support I need to stand up on my own two feet? Who will help me?
 
 
I lifted up my sleeve to get a clear view of my scar that holds so many memories of my past. Some wanted and some unwanted.
 
 
I remember the day when his cold, steel blade sank into my arm, through my flesh letting out massive amount of blood out. The red blood he so desperately wanted to get out me.
 
 
The rivers of blood gave a clear meaning and a message. Though my heart did not believe it, I certainly did. He was a joke in my life. Never again will I make the same mistake again. I laughed, laughed like a maniac and then broke out into tears.
 
 
Who was to blame me? I knew it was coming. After all-
 
 
My thoughts were cut when I heard a knock on the door. I wiped the tears off of my face and pulled my sleeve back down. I got up and slowly opened the door.
 
 
There I saw his grinning face staring straight at me. I don't know what gives this guy the energy, but he sure the hell pisses me off.
 
 
 
“Hey, just came to check if everything was okay. Well?”
 
 
“Don't!” I put my hand up to form a `stop' sign.
 
 
“What?” he asked me confused.
 
 
“I don't need your sympathy. I'm leaving.”
 
 
“So soon? But why?”
 
 
“I have a life you know and besides I'm getting bored of this place,” not true. I do not have a life and I could get used to this place.
 
 
“Well I thought……well.”
 
 
“Well what?”
 
 
“Uhhh….”
 
 
“You-
 
 
I was cut, again when I heard the window crash open. Shards of crystal clear colorful glass were spread out on the carpet. The afternoon sun made them even brighter and made rainbows on the ceiling.
 
 
I turned and paid my full attention to the object that made such mess. It was a rock and had a note tied to it. I walked over to it and Yoh behind me.
 
 
I picked it up and untied the string attached to it and released the note.
 
 
“What does it say?” Yoh asked over my shoulders.
 
 
It read:
 
 
 
 
To be continued……………
 
A/N: Finally, finished the third chapter, took me long enough. Short chapter again, I know. I can't write much. Sorry. Oh, probably in the next chapter I'll write the responses to your reviews, so please review. Any type of review is welcome.