Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Path to Destiny ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Shaman King or any of its characters or ideas.
 
 
Chapter 1
 
I can't believe it! I was born too late! Too late to join the Shaman Tournament!!! But it doesn't matter. I have a vision. Just because I can't become the Shaman King doesn't mean I can't still be the best!! I shall gain power! I shall get glory. I will raise myself in this world to become the best, even rivaling the strength of the Shaman King. I shall . . . .
 
“But you don't even have a guardian spirit yet!”
 
Asuri leapt in surprise, “What the . . . . What the hell are you doing in here? You know how much I hate you listening into my speeches. How many times have I told you to knock?”
 
“I'm sorry, but Mom told me to come get you. Dinner is ready.”
 
Asuri sighed, and looked at his little sister, “It's alright Kya, go tell mom that I'll be down in a bit.” Asuri leaned back into his pillow as Kya ran off. “Great, she ruined my train of thought. Where was I?”
 
“You were at the part of rivaling the Shaman King.”
 
Asuri jumped again as Kya appeared in the doorway again, “What did I tell you about knocking!” he exclaimed, “I could be doing anything in here!”
 
“Like what?” Asuri hesitated, his words already sounding bad in his head. “Just get out of here!” Kya sighed, and said, “If you want to become powerful, you first must become a shaman.”
 
“I am a shaman!” Asuri said undoubtedly. Kya smirked, “Oh yeah? Name your main technique.” Asuri sat there in silence, “Okay, so I don't have a spirit, but I can see spirits, so that counts.”
 
Kya shook her head, “Bullshit. You're just another kid with a hopeless dream. You are not a shaman, and I doubt you ever will be. Even if you were born a few years earlier, you wouldn't be able to be in the Shaman Tournament because no spirit in their right mind would stay with you. Face it, you're a wannabe.”
 
Asuri shook in anger, “GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!!!” Kya hopped out, after saying, “Now hurry up, dinner is getting cold.”
 
Asuri sighed in rage, but also in acceptance. She's right, he thought, I missed my chance, and now I am some kind of wannabe shaman that can never be. I will always be a nobody.
 
Asuri looked out his window at some kids playing across the street. They were all about 10 years old, and they were kicking around a dirty soccer ball. A dog jumped around them and the ball, barking in ecstatic joy. The kids kicked the ball out into another part of the yard. As they all ran to it, the dog got there first, and ran right through it.
 
Asuri smiled, that dog was a ghost, and has been haunting that house for the last 6 years, since it got hit by a passing truck. If only those kids knew that there dog was still there, playing with them everyday. Asuri looked around his room. Books of spirits and fighting techniques, weights, weapons, blades, clubs, maps, meditation candles and mats. He has devoted his entire life to being a shaman; from the first day he learned about them he trained his body and mind for the day he becomes one.
 
No, Asuri said, I can't give up. The Shaman Tournament may not be an option for me, but I shall become the best. I will become the most powerful. I shall defeat all in my path, and be known and respected by all. That is vision. That is my dream.
 
Asuri looked outside at the setting sun, And I shall never give up . . . . on my dream.
Author's note: Well? What do you think??? I know it is not that informative, but I have many ideas for future chapters, and if ya'll like it, I will keep dishing them out. So please, give me your critiques, your comments, your REVIEWS!!! I'll appreciate anything.