Skip Beat! Fan Fiction ❯ V Day Reveal ❯ Kuon Confesses ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Finally everything was in order, Kyoko’s invites and been received and accepted and Ren’s parents had just arrived in the Tokyo airport where Ren was waiting to greet them. He was still dressed as Ren Tsuruga and was hoping that his mother wouldn’t blow his cover when she saw him. He already knew that he could count on his dad not to. He had called them the day before they left to let them know that he would still be Ren until the party.

As his bubbly mother came away from the baggage line he held up his sign with Kuu and Julie Hizuri written across it. Julie saw him and began gesturing excitedly to Kuu to hurry, “Dear, look, look, look! Boss sent Ren Tsuruga to pick us up! I feel so special!” She giggled delicately as she took Kuu’s arm and they walked to Ren.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Hizuri. If you’ll follow me to the car, President Takarada wants to see you as soon as possible.” Ren bowed to his parents.

“Oh, isn’t he a sweetie? Lead the way Mr. Tsuruga.” Julie smiled at him happily and Kuu nodded his head before Ren turned and they followed him out.

Once in the car Kuu had to try very hard to keep his wife from launching herself at their son, “Not yet.”

Julie pouted a bit but sat back in her seat until they reached Lori’s mansion. Once there they were greeted by Lori himself and Jelly Woods. Miss Woods took Ren and they disappeared into the house while Lory took Kuu and Julie to the dining room for lunch.

Julie pouted some more as her son was whisked away, but Lori did his best to keep her distracted. He had had his cook fix up all of her favorite foods, so she had plenty to choose from, whatever she wanted. And with all of the extra dishes...well Kuu wouldn’t go hungry either.

In another room of the mansion Jelly took Ren’s ‘Ren Tsuruga’ wig and brushed it out before stowing it in a box, probably for the rest of eternity. She had gone and grabbed a set of clothing that Ren had told her he’d bought just for that day, from the main dressing room at LME before she had come over to the Takarada mansion. Now she handed them over to Ren with a skeptical look.

He chuckled at her, “You’ll see. It’s perfect, trust me.”

Jelly simply shook her head and ushered him into the adjoining bathroom.

Ren showered and changed, took out his contacts and dressed. He wore a beat up pair of blue jeans and a black tank top, his watch on his wrist and a silver hoop earring in his left earlobe. He pulled on black socks and black hiking boots to finish the image. Then he walked back out to see Ten.

“Oh my. Is that really how you want to look for Valentine’s Day?” Ten asked.

“I told you already Miss Woods, it’ll be perfect.” He winked a green eye at her, “Just wait until you see Kyoko’s face.”

Jelly shrugged her shoulders and waved him off, “They’re in the main dining room.”

Kuon grinned and left the room. Upon entering the main dining room he greeted his family, “Mom, Dad, Mr. President.”

Julie rose from her chair and rushed to her son, who caught her up in his arms and swung her in a circle before setting her back down and simply hugging her.

“Oh! It’s so good to see you Kuon!” She squeezed him back, resting her head against his chest. “You got so tall.”

Kuu chuckled as he walked over to them, “That he did.” He gave his son a warm smile and then they all sat down to eat.

“I can’t wait to meet Miss Mogami! Kuu’s told me so much about her! I hope she’ll call me Mom like she calls him Dad.” Julie’s eyes were hopeful.

Kuon nearly choked on his food, “Um...well...we’ll see.”

“Well I don’t see why she wouldn’t. Even if she’s all angry at you, she’s too kind to take it out on your poor mother.” Kuu stated.

Kuon heaved a sigh and nodded that he was right. “Yes...but...I was kind of hoping… Well we’ll just have to see how she takes a certain little fact first.” He shook his head at himself.

“What that you’re Kuu’s son?” Lory asked.

“Um, well no. I actually don’t think she’ll have much of a problem with that.”

“Then what is it dear?” Julie’s voice was concerned, though Kuon didn’t lift his eyes from the table.

“Okay, Dad, you know how you had her act as me? And she did so well, but it was me from a younger age than you’d intended?”

“Yes, I remember.” Kuu answered.

“Yeah, well...um, you remember that trip to Kyoto we took when I was ten?”

“The one where you spent all of your time outside in the woods instead of doing what was asked of you?” His father grumbled.

“Yes, that one.” Kuon tried to make his large frame as small as possible. “I met Kyoko out there. It’s why I kept going back. She ran out there to cry.”

Three sets of eyes blinked at him.

“Her life has kind of sucked. President Takarada can vouch for how cold her mother is to her. And her father died before she ever really knew him. So she had a lot to cry about. Though...she mispronounced my name as Corn.” He smirked a bit.

Kuu chuckled, “She did the same when I first told her my son’s name. But I corrected her. Hmmm, so she’ll have meeting her old friend on top of everything else.”

Kuon hung his head in shame. “It’s worse than that.”

They simply stared at him, making him fidget.

“She kind of has this magical world in her head, full of princesses and fairies and everything good and kind in the world. She tends to zone out into often… well when I first met her she convinced herself that I was a fairy. And knowing that...and knowing that she probably still believed that… I kind of took advantage of it.” Kuon winced.

Lory blinked a few times, “How?”

“Well, when we went to Guam… um I’d gone as myself you know… and she saw me. She instantly knew that I was her Corn. I tried to just blow her off, but she looked so hurt. I just couldn’t. So I used a stick and wrote in the sand. Had her help me with a little magic to get me a voice. She freaked out pretty badly when Ren Tsuruga’s voice came out. But I told her it was a one-time thing and we couldn’t redo it. But we hung out for a while...and I’m a terrible person.” He slumped to the table his forehead crashing into it with a loud thump.

“Did you do something unseemly with the woman you love?” Lory asked slyly.

Kuon groaned and nodded his head.

Julie and Kuu stood from their spots, taken aback and slightly angry at their son.

“It’s not so bad as that!” Kuon called as he heard chairs scraping against the floor. “I just kissed her and told her that I love her.”

All three blinked at him in astonishment.

“That’s why her calling us Mom and Dad is so awkward for you then?” Kuu said, “Because you’re hoping that someday it will actually be true?”

Kuon nodded his head again, “Seeing her is going to be so embarrassing because of that last encounter.”

Hearing everyone snickering at him he looked up and glared around the table. Just then Lory’s butler came in to tell them that the limo to take them to Miss Mogami’s party had arrived.