Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Weird ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard disclaimers apply.

Slight A/U with OOCness.

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter 2: Weird

"Good day, gentlemen…" Michiru softly spoke.

But the Shohoku Team seemed not to realize that she had greeted them. They continued to stare in amazement to the striking beauty in front of them.

"Hey you guys! You all look like you've been smitten!" said Ayako laughingly as she stared at the Team in front of her. "You should be seeing your own selves!"

Akagi was the first one to 'recover' from the embarrassment. He cleared his throat to signal the others to cut their fantasies. Miyagi and Sakuragi woke up from their stupor; Mitsui shook his head; Kogure began cleaning his 'suddenly-turned-misty' glasses.

Kaede Rukawa sat motionless from his place at the corner, still trying to let reality sink in.

Ayako let out a loud sigh, "I swear you guys! Always drooling at the wrong women! Anyways, like what I've said earlier, Ms. Michiru Akiyama will be my temporary replacement for this month. And naturally she will be the one to assist you till the semi-finals."

Silence.

"She, me and Rukawa were once schoolmates back in Tomigaoka," she paused and glanced at the now seemingly disinterested kitsune. "In case you've been wondering, actually she's more skilled in managing basketball teams than I do because she had formal training by managing provincial and national teams…"

"… plus, she is currently studying in the United States that's why some of your trainings from now on will be kindda Westernized a bit."

Still dead silence.

"Well…? Are you just all gonna stare at her or what?"

Everyone was stunned by the tensai.

"Really??? I can't believe anybody as beautiful as you are could be an expert in basketball training! You know, I feel we'd 'jive' together! You see, me being a natural-born genius and you being…"

WHACK!

"Heyyy! What was that for, Gori??!!"

"In case you've forgotten, you're my sister's boyfriend!"

Sakuragi, SD-faced, smiled at Akagi, "Hehehe! I was only kidding, Gori! Hihihi! Of course Haruko's my one and only! Nobody can be as pretty as she is! Hehehe!"

Akagi looked at Michiru, "Ms. Akiyama, its an honor for us to be managed by you. We welcome you here in Shohoku…"

Nice pick-up line there, Gori…

WHACK!

"I heard that!" said a blushing Akagi.

"Aww! That was too much!"

Michiru giggled softly. She was amused by these two. She began to speak, "Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure we'll all get along well."

Coach Anzai stepped beside Michiru. "Now, introduce yourselves one by one to her first. Starting with you, Akagi of course."

Akagi stood up. "I'm Takenori Akagi, Third Year Class 6. I'm the Team Captain and Center of the Shohoku Team."

Kogure stood next. "I'm Kiminobu Kogure and belongs to the same class as Akagi's. I'm the Second Captain of the Team and I play forward."

"I'm Hisashi Mitsui, Third Year Class 3. I play as a shooting guard."

"Miyagi Ryouta, ma'am. I'm a sophomore in the 1st class. I also play guard…"

The rest of the introductions went on until…

Aha! It's my turn!

"I'am Hanamichi Sakuragi, a freshman in the seventh class. Nobody beats me as the best Forward, most especially the next one that will introduce himself! Because I'm a genius and he is not! Ha-ha-ha!" he said pointing mockingly to Rukawa.

But Rukawa did not budge. He seemed to did not mind.

"Rukawa! You're next didn't you hear???" Sakuragi glared at him.

Ayako glanced at Michiru who's eyes were now narrowing. "Michiru…"

Rukawa stood up and stared at their new Manager. Retaining his cold aura, he spoke, "I need not to introduce myself anymore to you."

All turned around to look at the man who spoke rather harsh to the lady in front.

Sakuragi felt the insult in the Fox's words. "Hey Rukawa! How dare you speak to her like that! Did you just said that because you're a natural show-off or you did that on purpose?!"

Rukawa shrugged. "The latter would best describe it. Excuse me," he said while picking up his bag and headed for the Gym's door.

"Why you…!" Sakuragi attempted to stop Rukawa but he was held back by Miyagi. "Stop it Sakuragi…!"

"Rukawa!" Ayako bellowed behind him. "Haven't you got any respect?"

Michiru patted her shoulder. "Hush now, Ayako. Its alright. Let's just leave him alone."

"But…"

"No buts. Please. I've had enough of this." Turning to the red-head, "Sakuragi, thank you for your concern. He's just having a bad day, maybe…"

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Really? Rukawa did that?" Haruko Akagi said to Sakuragi on their way home. "That was rude…"

The red-haired Tensai grunted. "Hah! I told he was just a show-off ever since from the start! hadn't he got respect for ladies? And to think Ms. Akiyama would be our Manager for a month…!"

Haruko shook her head. It was sure strange for Rukawa to be that rude because he NEVER did treated her anything like that before when she was still head-over-heels in love with him. He was COLD, but nothing more than that. He was kindda more reserved and seemed to be thinking to himself most of the time. But this…?

"Gori apologized many times to Ms. Akiyama. He never thought that kitsune would really go that far!" Sakuragi cut her thoughts.

"Niichan must be embarrassed. But I'm sure he's pretty much surprised too as well as the others. And I bet you are too."

Sakuragi thought for a moment. "Yeah… Rukawa sure is weird-like he has always been!"

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

That night…

KRING!! KRIIING!!

"Wait! I'm coming!"

Michiru came out from her shower and headed to her phone near the bed.

"Hello…?" she said, drying her still damp hair.

"Hi…" greeted the voice from the other line.

Michiru knotted her head and tried to recognize the voice. "Uhm… who's this please?"

"I see you're back from New York. How are you?"

She let out a long sigh. "Okay, I've got no time to play games here. But hey, how'd you know I just came from abroad?"

"Why don't you look out from your window to see how come I did?"

Michiru stood up but still held the cordless phone up to her ears. Sliding the glass door open to her big terrace, she looked at the window opposite her own across the street.

"So, do you know me now?"

Her eyes narrowed at the sight of the guy staring at her holding his own phone. She saw a sly smile playing on his lips as he saw the surprise in her eyes.

"You…"

At that very moment, for the first time in his life, Kaede Rukawa couldn't manage to sleep. He felt restless and agitated.

Not now… not again!

Yup, there's some 'mystery guy' here and later on he'll be playing a very important role in this story. I've managed to compress my stories because sometimes my chapters tend to be lengthy and naturally its so hard to edit. But anyway, please review! Constructive criticisms are welcome but please be gentle! This is my first SD fic so its really crappy, I know! Thanks! Ja ne! ^_^