Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Reparations ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard Disclaimers Apply. Slam Dunk is in no way affiliated with me…I just love to screw up their lives in the purpose of making a story-my way. ^.^

Thanks to the reviews in the previous chapter.

A slight A/U, non-yaoi and OOC fic. Kaede had tried to forget someone in his past, and now it has come to haunt him and threatens to ruin him on the upcoming IH. Please read (AND REVIEW!! ^_^).

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter 11: Reparations

Michiru stared silently at Rukawa under her lashes. He has unusually became quiet since that unfortunate moment she had with Sayo's team captain, Sendoh Akira.

I'm inspired…

Tomigaokans are pretty. But not as beautiful as you are…

To whom are you going back, Michiru...?

She gritted her teeth upon remembering what had happened.

'Shit. What was he thinking telling me those things?' She watched her boyfriend again as they walk, with her following behind him, towards the parking lot where his bike remained.

'Oh my God, what could've Kaede been thinking… seeing me with Sendoh?'

Her curiosity got the best of her.

"K-kaede…wait," she piped.

Rukawa stopped instantly, with still his back on her, from taking off the chains on his bike. When Michiru saw this, she continued.

"I-I know what you're thinking…are you mad at me for what you saw earlier?"

No answer came from him. This made Michiru look very much more desperate.

Almost choking from emotions, "I-I know you've probably been thinking t-that-that I actually know that guy. I don't, please…I really don't…"

"… When I came out from the ladies room he was there-he was already there a-and that he told me he also just came from the men's room… and…"

Dear God, what can I possibly say to make him believe me?

Two tears fell down her cheeks. Its over now… he won't believe me… She said to herself with downcast eyes.

"Stop."

Michiru suddenly caught her breath.

"Let's go home."

Michiru looked up to see him still on his back at her. "B-but… I'm s-supposed to go to your h-house to meet your mother tonight, right?"

Silence.

Michiru gulped.

"I can always tell Mom you're sick."

It did it. The girl started to sob. 'B-but w-why…? Kaede p-please…'

Rukawa continued to remove the chains and moved the bike backwards. He paused as if motioning her to climb up his back.

Michiru, now crying profusely, took out from her pocket a handkerchief and wiped her cheeks. With a trembling and low voice, she said, "I'll go home on my own, thank you."

With that, Rukawa rode away.

Michiru cried as she watched Rukawa leave her, alone, in that dark and spacious lot of their school. She couldn't believe that he was seriously angry with her, and didn't even believe a bit of what she had said.

'What will I do now? Kaede's angry with me… what will I do?'

Tearful sobs could be heard from that side of the quadrangle, as she buried her face in between her hands as a sign of hopelessness and deep sadness.

This is the first time she and Rukawa had a big fight and she has not been used to settle things like this. There may have been petty fights and small misunderstandings but not this big where her reputation is at risk. There was never been a chance where she had cheated on him all this time of their relationship. Many had even questioned why she had chosen Rukawa instead of the other men who courted her. Some were even richer than him, more 'understandable' and 'jolly' compared to him. Others were sons of big-time businessmen and tycoons who tried to get her hand from her father-thinking that she had the kind of parent that does not regard the feelings of her child.

But what was in Rukawa that made her love and stay faithful to him?

Even Michiru didn't know.

All she knows is that she love him for his uniqueness, his silence, his aloofness.

They have chemistry. Chemistry in the sense that they have learned to understand each other with such a short a gesture: by a nod, a hand sway or even just a look.

She had learned to understand that his inborn qualities are not something to feel weird at but in fact are somewhat keys to know his real personality.

Only he knows what's troubling her…

Only he knows her limitations…

Only he knows her weaknesses…

And she also knows 'his' as well.

Who could ever tell that the quiet kitsune loves to draw, other than to sleep?

Who could ever tell that he can cook well?

Who could ever tell that in that quietness-of-a-man lies a passionate and protective lover?

Who could ever tell?

And now, all this will seem to be lost.

"I'am lost," murmured Michiru. "Kaede-kun will never-ever believe a thing that I say! W-why is this happening to me? Why?"

She knelt on the grass hear a bench out of agitation and exhaustion, her head still buried between her trembling arms.

Thinking about the misfortune and the consequences of the events: the inevitable quarrels, resentments and even her very much feared break-up, Michiru burst into tearful sobs.

"Ms. Akiyama? What are you still doing out here? Are you crying?" asked the voice she knows very well. The voice that made her heart skip a beat a while ago in the gym. The voice whose owner is the one responsible for her fight with her boyfriend.

Michiru turned around quickly, for there was no mistaking the huge concern in that voice.

In fact, the lean and tall Sendoh Akira was standing behind the shadows of one of the cars near the spot Rukawa's bicycle was parked was at. He was about to get inside their school's coaster in the parking lot after he finished taking a shower ahead of his team mates when he heard muffled cries nearby; he had not been able to avoid hearing the voice of lady crying, and he heard everything.

Michiru uttered a startled cry because at first she didn't recognize the tall man in now in jeans with its hair wet and totally different from the eye.

"Sshh… Michiru, its me, Sendoh," said the man, clasping her hands and wiping her cheeks with his thumb. "Don't cry now… please,"

But instead, Michiru cried even harder thinking of the fact that the man to blamed for her and Rukawa's conflict was also the man who is trying to comfort her now.

"Sshh… now, now. Its alright…we should get you home," Sendoh said.

"N-no…"

"Yes. You have to be home, its getting late. I can't believe he left you," he said. Michiru frowned slightly at the edginess of his last statement. "He's crazy leaving you out here alone in this situation."

Tears began to well up in her eyes again and Sendoh saw this.

"Here," he said, taking off his Sayo jacket. "You might catch a cold. Lets go home, okay?"

There was obvious hesitation in Michiru's eyes as she remained motionless on the soft grass. She just looked silently at Sendoh who was about to put his jacket on her.

The taller man understood what was going on. He spoke, "I know I'm the very last person you'd want to take you home but, also please understand that I just can't leave you here."

Michiru said nothing.

"I know what I did a while ago back in there was really crazy… I, myself don't know what had got into me that had made me do that," he paused.

Its just you're so beautiful, Michiru, don't you know that? And I'm going crazy about you. Your boyfriend's lucky to have you, why can't I seem to get settled with that? He's a dick for leaving you here…

"Taking you home is the least I could do to make up for my mistake. I hope you understand."

The girl looked up to him and stared in his eyes. She believed that this was said from the bottom of her heart, and there was no mistaking its sincerity.

She nodded before displaying a slightly nervousfs smile. Sendoh extended a hand to her, helping her to get up. The man quickly but carefully covered her with the jacket as she stood. When she was about to step quickly out of the cold grass, Michiru lost her balance and tipped, with Sendoh catching her with his arms swiftly.

Michiru found herself locked in another man's embrace in that moment. Her eyes were wide in confusion and apology. Looking up to the man, she frowned at the emotions dancing in his own eyes.

Sendoh looked at her tenderly. Seeing her wonderful eyes wide in bewilderment with her slightly parted rosy lips, he felt as if his head were about to spin in adoration of the loveliness he holds at that particular minute. He felt the urge to lower his face and give those lovely lips a slight kiss…

Also at that same time, a pair of slinky eyes watched them from a distance. Those eyes narrowed at the sight before him.

When he couldn't contain the emotions killing him, choking him inside his chest anymore, he mounted his bicycle and rode briskly away with one thing he repeatedly whispered in his mind:

I never thought you can do this to me…

You, the least person who I think can hurt me…

You, who I have trusted and cherished so much…

I'll give you the freedom you deserve!

Please read and review. Thank you so much.