Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Friends... are essential ❯ Rukawa... is lonely? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: Rukawa is... feeling lonely?

Rukawa got up around 11 a.m. this morning. It's Monday. There's no lesson nor the practice on today. So he take his time to get ready. Brush his teeth, wash his face, get dressed. He walk down to the kitchen to get some cereal for breakfast. After that, he walks to the other end of the house. Placing the plate on the table in front of the sofa, he use the controller to switch on the big television screen.

After switching to the right channel, he start eating up his breakfast.

'What am I to do today?'

Instead of watching the television, he look out of the window, which is just next to the screen.

'Basketball?'

Placing his plate down, he rose and walk towards the window and opens it.

'Doesn't seem right, it's starting to drizzle outside... I might as well stay at home...'

Still standing and watching, he didn't know he have been drown deep into his thoughts. The t.v. is still on, sound of soft wind, feeling the breeze, tuds of raindrops getting heavier. There's no one else in the house. His parents are out-station. They are off to serious business overseas. Being the only son, he always have his parents around during long-term holidays. But not this time. He's alone. Home alone.

'Do i have to go on like this everyday?'

He walked away and switch off the t.v. And head towards the stairs.

'Nothing new?'

He open the door of his bed room.

'What other meanings do I have in life other than basketball? Can't I do anything else?'

He lay on his bed, and bend his arms to place his hands behind his head on the pillow.

'Nothing else?'

It's raining now. Rain pours could be heard. It hardly rain at this hour. But who could ever change the fate.

Rukawa got up and put himself in a sitting possition. He cross his legs and place the pillow on top. With his hands on the pillow, he just stare.

'I hate to admit this but...'

All the thoughts he have are in his mind. No one hears accept for God.

He couldn't show it to anyone but himself.

No one else knows but he himself.

He couldn't change the fact that, he can't talk very well in front of people.

He is used to keeping everything to himself.

Who could change him, sounds like no one.

He does look like a person who is self-centered, selfish, cares about nothing else but to win in a game, talks to no one for no reason, but there is always a weak spot, deep in his heart...

'... I'm feeling a little...'

He is still a human.

A person who needs some encouragements and love.

A person who needs someone to be there whenever he needs to talk.

A person who wants to share interesting stuff with close ones.

A person who needs companions to go out with to have fun.

A person who is so ordinary like any other people.

He is only different in attitude, born to be with.

'... lonely...'

Author's note:

Sound very depressing. Forgive me. This is short. I hope to make it more interesting the next chapter. Comments please, so that I could improve ^^

- It always starts from your mind -