Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Friends... are essential ❯ Friends? ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Friends?

2 Days passed. 2 long boring days!

'I should have been bored to death by now.'

Rukawa came home after practising basketball at the nearest court, alone.

'Gotta take a shower.'

After the shower, he rest himself on the couch.

'What shall I take for dinner?'

After thinking for a while...

'I've been... talking a lot to myself these days...'

His parents haven't been calling him. Their call would be like, once in a week. Even that, the talk would be short. About... a minute or 2?

'This holiday... sux.'

He went up to his room.

'No apetite.'

Sitting at his study table, he saw his cell phone.

'It's useless... I know nobody's number.'

He almost laugh to himself.

Suddenly he thought of Kogure.

*Flashback* "What is your number?"

'... He didn't call...'

He couldn't deny it. He's feeling a little disappointed.

'Forget it. What can I expect from them. I own this phone for my parents. That's it.'

Yup, he takes it everywhere he goes so that his parents wouldn't missed him.

For the rest of the time, for the very first time, he took out a notebook.

And guess what, it looks really new but in fact, he bought it months ago. He wanted to make it as a diary. But he didn't.

'What can I write if things the routine is the same everyday.'

Beep! Beep!

The cell phone rings.

'Mom?'

But no, it's a unfamiliar number, local number.

"Moshi moshi?"

"Rukawa? It's me, Kogure!"

"Kogure?"

He didn't know. He didn't realize. That there was a sudden joy in him. At last, there's a friend...

"So, what have you been up to lately?"

"... nothing much."

"Great! Then you must be free tomorrow. Aren't you?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I and the rest are hanging out at FrenchMall tomorrow at 10a.m."

"The rest?"

"They're Akagi, Mitsui, Sakuragi, Haruko, Miyagi, and Ayako. So, you coming?"

"..."

"Hey, it's going to be fun. You can have a one-to-one match with Mitsui after that. Please?"

"...Al-Alright..."

"Great! So we'll meet at the main entrance of FrenchMall tomorrow at 10 a.m. sharp. Make sure you're on time."

"I will."

"Ja ne!"

The conversation ended after a few minutes. Rukawa, still staring at his cell phone, click on 'Received calls'.

'It wouldn't be bad to save this number isn't it?'

click! Number Saved.

Author's note:

Well? If you're like Rukawa here, who really needs a friend to talk to, message me anytime ^_^