Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ When enemies become friends ❯ 04: 40 000 shots ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Revised by Meeksins, 290409.
Disclaimer: Slam Dunk does not belong to me.
04: 40 000 shots
A week later,
"What the hell happened to that Akage saru?", asked Kiyota to no one in particular during one afternoon training practice session.
Sendoh, who was the nearest heard him and said with a shrug and an amused expression said, "I have no idea but you forget to include Rukawa in your question too".
"Yeah, you're right. What the hell happened to them?", said Mitsui who had also heard the question and was now like, the rest of the team, looking at both players who were at the end of the hall doing some baskets together.
"Maybe, Hanamichi's sick", suggested Miyagi who stood beside Mitsui.
"With him yelling over there and waving his arms around like a chicken without its head, I seriously I doubt that", said Koshino dryly.
"What about Rukawa then? I thought he isn't in cahoots with the Akage saru", said a puzzled Kiyota.
Both Mitsui and Miyagi simultaneously frowned at that and said, "Maybe they've been possessed!".
BHAM!
Two red lumps formed on each of their heads.
"ITE!".
"What the hell are you two doing? Go back to practice!", said Akagi in a near roar. "This is no time for gossiping".
With a string of muttered curses and 'ouches' from them, they did as their captain ordered them to do.
But Akagi couldn't help overhearing what they were talking about. He glanced over at his two other Shohoku teammate members, Rukawa and the idiot, Sakuragi and couldn't help but wonder himself what the heck was going on.
***
On the other hand, Anzai sensei who also noticed this incredible change just smiled at the scene before him.
`A storm in the nation', he thought smiling into his herbal tea as he watched both of them struggling for the same ball.
`Indeed'.
"Ho, ho, ho".
***
"I've still got 20 000 shots to go till we have our match against Akita Shoten", said Sakuragi as he huffed and puffed from exertion.
`That do'aho's a terror', thought Rukawa as he too huffed and puffed from exertion. `A week had just past and he had already almost finished getting all of his 40 000 shots finished'.
"You'll never finish it", said Rukawa faintly but enough for Sakuragi to have caught it.
"NANI?!", said Sakuragi outraged.
Rukawa ignored him and went off to the locker room to freshen himself up.
"Oi, Kitsune!".
He ignored him.
"Rukawa!".
This time Rukawa sighed but turned to face him.
Irritated, he said coolly, "Nanda?".
Sakuragi grinned evilly then executed a perfect 3 pointer shot.
"How was that? Pretty tensai, huh?".
Rukawa slightly rolled his eyes upward before turning around and proceeded to go to the locker room. But before he did that, he muttered, "Whatever, do'aho".
Sakuragi just laughed his idiotic loud laugh and yelled, "19 999 shots to go!".
###END OF CHAPTER###
Short I know, but it's a sort of prologue to the start of the real game in the next chap!
Thanks for taking your time to read my fanfic!
My e-mail address: yuki_ne@hotmail.com