Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Monster's Rampage: Naturon Strikes ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Monster's Rampage: Naturon Strikes.





Characters of The Slayers by: Tsuguhiko Kadokawa





Characters of The Sonic the Hedgehog by: Yuji Naka of SEGA and Ken Penners of Archie Comics





Story written by: Maurice A. Nigma





Part 1




While inside the restaurant inside the kingdom of Seyruun, the white magic capital of the world, Sylphiel Nel Lahda wondering around, with two old friends of her's: Zelgadis Greywords and Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun. Zelgadis is a human who was transformed into a combination of golem and demon called a chimera by his grandfather/great grand father, Rezo the Red Priest. The young girl with him, Amelia, is the princess of the entire kingdom that their in and a self proclaimed Warrior of Justice.
Anyway, while inside the huge establishment, these three friends are talking amongst themselves in a round table made to serve three people. Zelgadis was talking about leads on how he could find his cure to his curse and Amelia was ranting on about how Allies of Justice should stick together and fight the forces of evil. Sylphiel, however, has something else on her mind other than the words of her friends as she sat at her seat on the table.
Sonic. Shadow. Tails. Knuckles. Vector. Charmy. Espio. Mighty. (Sigh) Miguel, the shrine maiden thought to herself as the images of her outer worldly friends surrounded her mind along with good memories. Ever since I've met those strange and friendly heroes, I've been having adventures with them non-stop. I've visited many strange worlds that are beyond my imagination. I've even learned how to harness powers and abilities that I didn't even know I had within me. I seem to be begin to become more stronger and a whole lot braver than I was in the past....
The shrine maiden's thoughts were soon cut off by the words of Amelia, who was waving her hand in front of the young woman's face. Hello, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia said as she tried to snap the shrine maiden out of her trance. Are you alright? You seem so empty and spacy all of a sudden.
Oh, I'm sorry, Miss Amelia! Sylphiel responded in shock as she snapped herself out of her trance. It's just that I have some things in my mind that have in my head lately.
Oh, I see, Amelia said skeptically as she looked at the shrine maiden with a smile of knowing what is up. I think that I have a good idea on what's really in your mind, Miss Sylphiel! I think that you have a thing for someone that you've had while on your private travels that you've had recently!
Miss Amelia! Sylphiel replied to her friend with a blush on her face. I have no such thoughts about another person other than my Dear Gourry! What would make you think about such a thing!?
Because you've been spacing out on us ever since both me and Amelia found you with a band of unconscious bandits that looked as though that they were handled by Lina, herself Zelgadis responded with a small smile on his face. That, and to the added fact that both Amelia and I saw how you were able to fight off those guys with a very powerful and unusual water technique.
Sylphiel suddenly started to blush more for when she recalled the event that she had. When she was surrounded by a gang of about a hundred bandits, who were looking to take advantage of her anyway they can. The shrine maiden first tried to beg to be left alone in order to mind her own business, but the gang of men only laughed in response to her request. When they have said that they've all planned to show her a good time, Sylphiel soon found herself retaliating to their words by giving them a taste of one of her new found abilities. As a result of the attack, the entire bandit gang lied on the ground unconscious but alive. Unfortunately for Sylphiel, both the chimera and the princess of Seyruun were hiding behind a bush and watching the whole scene for when it happened.
That move that you've used a while back. What was it? The Aqua Tower, Zelgadis said to the shrine maiden as he was wondering about what he just experience, it was able to take down that entire group of bandits in one stroke without any fatal deaths or injuries. Now that is a technique that is far too powerful to use unless the user of the technique had enough power to not only summon the water it possessed, but to be able to control it at will like a projectile as well.
Well, thank you for the compliment, Mr. Zelgadis, Sylphiel said as her blush started to die down a bit. But I didn't mean to launch that attack upon those bandits. I was frighten for when they said that they were going to show me a good time and I had no choice but to launch the Aqua Pillar on them so that they wouldn't be near me and it wouldn't be able to harm them at once.
But that's still quite an amazing attack that you've just used on those bandits, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia responded to the shrine maiden with a look of admiration on her face. The way that you were able to use that Aqua Tower technique to take down those villains of justice was just amazing! Could you tell me how you were able to use such an amazing technique?
Uh...well, you see, Miss Amelia, Sylphiel said to the princess nervously as she thought about what to say to her. It's too long a story for me to tell right now. Perhaps some other time.
Oh, come on, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia said to the purpled-haired shrine maiden while looking at her with begging eyes. Could you please tell me how you were able to learn such a powerful and cool looking technique? I've got nothing but time in the world since we all last met. The last time that I've heard, Miss Lina told me that you've learned how to use the Dragon Slave just by watching her do it herself.
Sylphiel blushed in response to the words that Amelia told her. That was when the chimera started to join in on the conversation that the two young women were having.
I think that I would like to hear what you have to say as well, Sylphiel, Zelgadis said as he looked at the priestess with a careful look on his stone face. There is no way that you were able to harness enough power in order to use a powerful attack like that Aqua Tower. The last time that I saw you using a Flare Arrow, it was in the shape of a carrot. So how were you able to generate enough magical power in order to use it?
As two of her friends stared down at her with anticipation that she would answer, Sylphiel soon began to panic at the situation that she was faced with. Oh no, what am I going to do? she thought as she tried to come up with a way to get out of the situation that she's in. I promised Miguel and the others that no matter what happens that I won't tell how I got my new powers. But if I just keep quiet about it, then Miss Amelia would just try to get it out of me in ways that Miss Lina would do. How...?
The shrine maiden's thoughts were soon cut short for when her friend Amelia started to prick her by the front of her nose. Miss Amelia! Sylphiel shouted as she looked at her friend with a shocked look on her face as she rubbed her nose in order to rid of the pain that soon dissipated. Why did you prick my nose like that?
Just to snap you out of it, Miss Sylphiel, Amelia responded with a grin of an imp. Now why don't you just be honest with both me and Mr. Zelgadis and tell us what's going on in your head?
Sylphiel stiffened at the words of the princess of Seyruun when the little girl looked at her with a suspicious, and sort of evil, grin on her face. To Amelia's right, Zelgadis was staring at the shrine maiden with a small grin on his face. This made Sylphiel more nervous and tense than she was before and caused her to point her head towards the ground.
This is just great, she thought to herself as she looked at her two friends with nervousness. Should I just tell the two of them how I got powers that are beyond even Lina's comprehension or just stay quiet and hope that the two of them will forget what they saw and experienced?
Sylphiel then raised her head back up towards both her two friends and saw that they are both still looking at her with anticipation that she would tell them the answer to their many questions that they have in their minds. That was when she started to recall a memory that Miguel had told her one time while she visited his world and explored his home city for the first time.
Don't tell anyone about the Chaos Emeralds or about their great energies, Sylphiel, the voice of Miguel echoed in her mind. However, there is one exception that I'm making. If any one of your friends happened to see you use those new powers of yours and ask you anything about it, just leave out the part about the Chaos Emeralds being the source of your newly increased powers, okay?
As the voice faded out of her mind, Sylphiel was soon found herself once again facing her two friends with the same nervousness and shyness as she felt before. Well, Miguel did say that I shouldn't tell them about the Chaos Emeralds, the shrine maiden thought to herself. He didn't mention that I shouldn't tell Miss Amelia and Mr. Zelgadis all about the adventures that I've had with him. So there's no harm in telling them all about it, as long as I don't mention anything about the Chaos Emeralds to either of them.
After finishing her thoughts, Sylphiel heard the voice of Amelia saying to her, Miss Sylphiel, are you going to tell how you were able to harness that powerful Aqua Tower technique or space out on us again? Because if you choose to do that, then I'll have no choice but to do what Miss Lina would do to get some answers.
When the shrine maiden saw the anticipation on both the chimera and the princess's face, she knew that she was going to have to tell them soon or otherwise, knowing Amelia, the girl wouldn't be able to get off of her case about it like Lina would do. So Sylphiel started to take in a long deep breath and said to the two of them as she let out the breath of air, I learned the Aqua Tower in another world outside of this one, Miss Amelia. Mr. Zelgadis.
As soon as Sylphiel finished her sentence, she looked at her two friends and saw the blank and surprised expressions on their faces. After a moment of silence, the chimera started to ask the shrine maiden while still keeping the expression on his face curious, but mutual, Sylphiel, are you trying to say to both me and Amelia that you learned how that technique in a world that's outside this one?
While looking at the princess of Seyruun, Sylphiel nodded in response to Zelgadis's question. That's when the shrine maiden started to speak to her two friends again by saying to them, You see, it all started like this for when I was...
She told both the chimera and the princess all about how she accidently traveled to another world through the use of a Power Ring, how she met her new friend called Miguel Angel Arias and how the two of them fought with a monster that was beyond both a Dark Lord and a God called Nightmare Parasite Chaos as she once heard Miguel and his friends named the creature by. She also told them all about the world that her human friend once showed her around in his world, told her all about how he lived and all about the devices that she saw there. Sylphiel also told them about her many adventures with her new friend and their continuous battles with the horrible liquid creature. However, she kept any thoughts that would concern the Chaos Emeralds away from the conversation as best as she possibly can, that also means trying to not to tell them all about the animal-like beings, the Mobians, named, Sonic the Hedgehog; Knuckles the Echidna; Tails Miles Prower; and Shadow the Hedgehog as well as the other group of friends called the Chaotix who were Vector, Charmy, Mighty, and Espio.
After a while, for what seemed like hours, of explaining the details of her adventures to both Zelgadis and Amelia, Sylphiel soon stopped in order to see the reaction of their faces. However as soon as she turned to them, the shrine maiden soon found that the two of them laughing their heads off that's so loud that the people passing by the restaurant soon turned they're full attention towards the group with cock-eyed expressions on their faces.
Mr. Zelgadis! Miss Amelia! Sylphiel shouted to the two with anger filling up to her face, not caring about the prying eyes of the spectators. Do you find what the things that I'm saying to you funny?!
Ha! Ha! Ha! Sorry, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia said to the shrine maiden as she tried to hold down her laughter as best as she could. It's just that...Ha! Ha! Ha! There no way that there could be a monster that is more powerful than both the Gods and the Monsters! And there was no way that you could've found a way to fight the creature! There's no way in the world that the devices that you've describe could ever be made by humans! The only beings that are capable of wielding those kind of devices are either the most advanced sorcerers in all of the world, the Gods, the Monsters, the dragons, or Mr. Jillas! Humans aren't capable of creating devices as advanced as the ones that you've talked about! Also, a world that isn't ruled or attacked by any Gods or Dark Lords?! Now that's hard to believe!
Hee! Hee! Hee! I'm sorry, Sylphiel, but I have to agree with Amelia on this one! the chimera added as he too tried to calm down his own laughter. Pardon my language for saying this, but there's no way in hell that a world like that could exist without any Gods or Dark Lords, let alone the devices that you've just described, could ever exist! I mean, for all we know, this Miguel guy that you've mention is some sort of crush that you had in one of your little dreams while you're sleeping! If this world were to really exist, then wouldn't you have any proof to show us to prove that you're not lying? Maybe if you brought one of those little devices that you've mentioned to show us, then maybe we'll start to believe you!
With the words of Zelgadis said to her face, Sylphiel started to become fumed with anger by the way that her own friends were laughing at her for not believing in what she'd said to them, something that she usually wouldn't do. The shrine maiden wished that she could just blow the two away with the Aqua Pillar technique that she'd used on the bandit gang a while ago, but that wouldn't be able to solve anything, plus it would definitely cause the entire building that they were in to collapse on top of them if she did.
Just when the shrine maiden was about to yell at them for laughing at her story, she suddenly turned her eyes to the red ruby pendent that was on the sash on her chest as part of her usual outfit and decided to show her two friends its hidden secret. Just before she could have the chance to push the ruby pendent in order to open it, a man in the torn uniform of what appears to be one of Seyruun's royal guard came in the room that they were in and turned his attention towards his majesty.
Princess Amelia! the royal guard began to say as he caught his breath and tried to bow before the princess of Seyruun but collapsed on the ground instead. I'm sorry for interrupting your little reunion with your friends....but this is an emergency! Your father...the prince of Seyruun...is being forced to surrender the throne to both a powerful sorceress and a.....Monster, if I'm not mistaken! The rest of the royal guards....tried to fight back...but the army of golums that the sorceress has summoned ....were too strong! They even threatened to....destroy the entire city along with...the people in it if their demands are not met or....if Prince Phil tries anything to stop them! Their golems are armored with....ugh!
After the guard fainted from trying to talk to Amelia, Sylphiel immediately forgot the reason why she was so angry at both of her friends and started to run towards the man lying on the floor of the restaurant. As the shrine maiden used a Recovery Spell on the unconscious man, she heard her friend Amelia starting to shout out along with one of her little justice poses.
Those terrible fiends! the princess shouted with an angry tone as she climbed on top of the table and raised her fist into the air. Not only do they plan to take over my father's throne but threatening to destroy to destroy the entire kingdom with all these innocent people in it as well! Well I, Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun, won't allow those terrible villains to get away with their terrible plans! I will go and take care of these two and smash them with the Hammer of Justice!
Sylphiel soon started to sweatdrop with her friend's performance, but sighed in relief and thanked Ciepheid that Amelia forgotten all about the story that she had told her a while ago. The shrine maiden turned and saw that Zelgadis was no longer laughing and instead hiding his face with his hand in total embarrassment of Amelia's performance. With another sigh of relief, Sylphiel soon started to say to the others, So what are we going do about it? she asked with a concern and worried tone in her voice. We can't just let those...
Before the shrine maiden could finish her sentence, Amelia soon started to jump off of the table and flew out of the restaurant window and landed with a loud Oooff! coming out of her mouth. Before Sylphiel could have time to react, Zelgadis suddenly put a hand to her shoulder and said, Me and Amelia are going to check out the situation that's going on in the palace. You stay here and treat the injuries of this guard and see if any others are in sight, alright Sylphiel? From the looks of this situation here, you might only get in the way and get hurt if you come with us. Can you handle that?
She hesitated at first, but then nodded as a response to the chimera's words. Sylphiel only watched as she saw Zelgadis walking through the door and out of the restaurant. When her friend was out of the door, shrine maiden felt something that she normally wouldn't feel: annoyance. Sylphiel was annoyed not only because her two friends were laughing at the true story that she told them, but because of what they both still think of her as a weakling for when it comes to dealing with both a monster and a powerful sorceress. After what the shrine maiden had went through in her adventures with Miguel and his friends, she would considered what her two friends think of her own strength as an insult. So Sylphiel decided that after she's done treating the man, she would go to straight to the royal palace herself and see who were the Monster and the sorceress that the guard was trying to tell Amelia about before he'd fainted.
After the shrine maiden have laid the unconscious man onto the nearest table that she could find and treated him with a Recovery spell for about ten minutes or so, the young woman started to turn her eyes' attention back towards the red ruby pendent that's on her chest, recalling on what Tails said to her about it being used as a type of tracking signal. No, I shouldn't! Sylphiel thought as she began to argue with the thoughts in her mind, I can't use the device that Tails gave me in order to call for help at anytime that I want it! It's not right! I should only use it for whenever I sensed any signs of a Chaos Emerald in my world, but there isn't any traces of one since...
The argument between the shrine maiden and her thoughts were soon settled for when she started to have a feeling in her body that she hadn't felt in a while. A feeling that the young woman is quite familiar with since she had her adventures with her new friends.
(Gasp!) This energy I'm feeling! Sylphiel thought as she gasped in shock and terror as she ran towards the door that led to the outside of the restaurant. This energy is coming from a Chaos Emerald! But how could this be?!
As soon as she was outside of the building and followed the great energy to its source, the shrine maiden gasped in terror for when she saw where the energy was coming directly from the building that was famous in all of the kingdom: the Royal House of Seyruun.
The Chaos Energy that I'm feeling is coming from the palace! Sylphiel thought, Why would the Chaos Emerald be in the palace to begin with? It shouldn't be possible, unless...
That was when the shrine maiden began to panic with fear as she realized what was happening. So she starting to run towards the palace as fast as she could, praying that both of her friends would be alright despite what they did and said to her earlier. She had to walk by foot so that neither the sorceress nor the Monster with her could sense her magical presence coming towards them.
While she was running towards the palace, Sylphiel started to think to herself as she pushed the red jeweled amulet on her chest, I just hope that Miguel and the others get this signal soon, otherwise this entire world might be in real danger.
With that thought in her mind finished, Sylphiel continued on her way towards the Seyruun Palace, unaware of the stone golum army that was awaiting her arrival.

****************************************************

Meanwhile on the planet Earth, outside of the Four Worlds, inside of his own room of his decent-sized home in the city of Sylmar, Miguel Angel Arias was watching a movie that his older sister had lent him to watch so that he wouldn't have to be bored out of his skull. However, the movie was in a tape form so he had to use the VCR of his room in order to watch it. The movie that he was watching is a comedy called Friday After Next which starred Ice Cube and Mike Epps. It was only about ten minutes to noon, but he was already ready to go out on the streets in order to travel in Panorama City a bit in his regular clothing; a white T-shirt with navy blue pants along with a pair of black and white sneakers.
Now this movie would definitely rocks the house! Miguel thought to himself as he enjoyed and laughed at the scene of the movie that he was watching. I wish that I would a funny adventure like the one the characters in this movie are having. Or at least have some action around here. Man, there hasn't been a single trace of Chaos Energy that was being emitted from an out of control dimensional portal for a month. I guess that some of the energy inside of the portals somehow dissipated for when Nightmare Parasite Chaos first appeared in this world. Well, at least it's all been nice and peaceful so that the people here wouldn't...
The young man's thoughts were then cut short for when he heard the sound of a device ringing like a huge digital alarm clock. Damn! Spoke too soon, Miguel thought as he ran to the source of the noise which happens to be coming from his living room. I guess some of the portals must be still active for even after Nightmare Parasite first was destroyed. Either that or it could be...
Miguel then cut his thoughts short and turned his attention back towards the situation that he was in as he took out the device that was given to him months ago by his fox friend named Tails after the battle he had with the tyrant named Robo-Robotnik. Only the computer that he had with him now has been upgraded for while he was unconscious for after the battle with the creature called Nightmare Parasite Chaos. That was when he started to recall another thought that came up to his mind.
I also remember Tails saying that he upgraded the computer that he made for me to not only detect the location of any dormant dimensional portals that hasn't been opened yet, but in order to communicate with him on the planet Mobius as well, Miguel thought to himself as he pulled the computer away from under the huge soft couch. Not only that, but it could also pick up the Chaos Energies of the red pendent that Sylphiel's wearing that contained the shard of the Chaos Emerald that I once had. If that's the case, then wouldn't that mean that she has pushed the pendent in order to use it as a signal us in order to...?
The young man's words were soon cut short for when he opened the laptop-like computer that Tails has given him and looked at the screen that gave his current position of the globe to him. After he finished typing the command on the keyboard in order to look for the source of the what caused the computer to sound off like it did, he gasped in surprise for when he saw what was on the screen.
Oh, my...it is, Miguel thought to himself as he looked at the screen that said ' ALERT! ALERT! LARGE CHAOS ENERGY SIGNAL DETECTED! GROWING OUT OF CONTROL AT INCREDIBLE RATE! ALERT! ' A Chaos Emerald is in Sylphiel's world? But how in the world did it get there to begin with? Well, I guess that doesn't matter. I have to contact the Sonic and the others in order to let them know what's happening.
As Miguel started to type in the second command on the computer in order to put a communication link between his home world and the world that Sonic and his friends are in now. A moment later, a window on the computer screen showed the image of the young fox genius wearing a set of headsets in his ears.
Tails can you read me? Miguel shouted through the intercom that he got off of the side of the laptop in order to talk to his two-tailed fox friend.
I can hear you just fine, Miguel! There's no need for you to shout! Tails responded as he tried to cover both of his ears with his hands as he realized that he was wearing the head set in his ears. What are you trying to do, anyway? Make me deaf?! Sheesh! (Sigh) Anyway, what's the problem?


Sorry about that, Tails, Miguel responded as he spoke through the intercom with a lower volume. But there's a Chaos Emerald on the loose that's growing out of control and you guys won't believe where the computer is picking it up from. The source of the strong Chaos Energy is coming from Sylphiel's world and, to top it off, she's signaling me using the device that you made for her back after the battle with Nightmare Parasite.
Don't worry, Miguel. I'm going tell Sonic in order to let him know what's going on, the fox genius said with a bit of concern in his voice. Then once that's done, we could use one of the Chaos Emeralds that we have in the energy field in order to transport to your world to pick you up and then travel to Sylphiel's world to handle the problem. Good thing that I've created a device that could track down the energies of a Chaos Emerald, no matter which world that it might've ended up in. Just be sure to be ready for transport as soon as...
That won't be necessary, Tails, the young man answered through the intercom speaker in order to cut off the young fox's words as he started to put his finger towards the button that would cut off the communications link. I'll go on head and try to handle the situation as much as I can while you tell Sonic and the others what's going on. You then can catch up with me as soon as you're done.
But, Miguel... was all that Tails could say before Miguel pushed the command button to cut off the communications link between Earth and Mobius.
Sorry about that, Tails, Miguel thought as he put the laptop computer back in its hiding place and started to reach his back in order to unsling his Star Sword as he ran towards his living room before stopping a second later. But Sylphiel doesn't know a thing about how to take care of the Chaos Emerald in her world and if a Monster ever got a hold of it, then there would be a lot of damage that it could cause. Besides, if Sylphiel were to be hurt because I just sat around and did nothing to stop it, I won't be able to forgive myself.
As Miguel started to point the silver blade of his weapon towards the open space of his large living room where no objects would be in his way, he began to concentrate his mind on trying to harness the sword's powers. Seconds later, a huge ring-like hole appeared out of nowhere with emerald-colored light inside of it.
I just hope that wherever Sylphiel might be, that she might be able to deal with the situation long enough for me to get there, Miguel thought to himself with a worry as he started to go through the dimensional gateway that he created and found himself traveling through the tunnel of green light that he has saw in the past.

************************************************

Meanwhile, back in the kingdom of Seyruun, after about a thirty minute run towards her destination, Sylphiel was already at the palace gates just before she met up with an army of what appears to be golums that were made with a type of metal that sparkles like a combination gold and silver.
Orihalcon, she thought to herself as she faced the entire armies of the metal-like giant moving statues. I won't be able to cast any magic spells on these types of golums. I guess that I have to use a different source of power in order to fight.
With those thoughts in her mind said and done, the shrine maiden soon began to see the golum army charging towards her at a great speed, despite their giant size. Before she knew what she was doing, Sylphiel soon rose her arm towards the sky and shouted as she started slam her fist to the ground, Aqua Tower!
All of a sudden, huge pillars of water started to erupt from the ground that was all around the shrine maiden and charged towards the huge moving metal-like sentinels like missiles. When the tower-like liquid projectiles collided with the orihalcon golums, the large statue soldiers exploded and were soon reduced into nothing but piles of metal rubble that soon fell to the ground. When the army of golums were no more, Sylphiel soon started to run towards the entrance to the inside of the royal palace of Seyruun.
I just hope that Miss Amelia and Mr. Zelgadis are doing a good job at taking care of the sorceress and the Monster as good as I have dealt with the golums, the priestess thought to herself as she ran to doors to the Royal House of Seyruun.
When she was finally inside, the shrine maiden soon started to her way towards the royal room where Amelia's father, Prince Phil, would usually being while conducting his royal duties. As finally arrived at the huge twin doors that would lead to the royal room, the feeling that Sylphiel felt inside of her body started to grow even stronger than it did before.
The Chaos Energy that I'm feeling is getting stronger, the shrine maiden thought as she approached the two doors carefully with extreme caution. It must mean that the Chaos Emerald is inside of this room along with the sorceress and the Monster. But it's strange; the emerald's energies seemed to be getting stronger by the minute, as if it couldn't be able to release all the power that it has inside. Whatever that it may be, I just hope that I could handle the situation on my own as soon as Miguel and the others could get here to take care of the rest.
With those thoughts done, Sylphiel started to push open the doors and enter the throne room. When she was finally inside of the throne room, the shrine maiden gasped at the sight that she behold. Other than the additional set of the orihalcon golums where both of her friends Amelia and Zelgadis, were lying next to each other as they both breathed in for air with exhaustion. Sylphiel then turned her attention to the attackers of two of her friends: an old sorceress and a rather odd looking Monster.
The sorceress has brown hair that almost touched her shoulders and seemed to possess a bit of gray highlights in it. She also wore a green dress along with shoes that seemed to be meant to be worn a ball or at a private party. She also possessed brown eyes and looked to be in her early 50's and seemed to be aging by the minute for when she wore an angry expression towards the shrine maiden. The aging sorceress seemed to be wearing a bit too much makeup in order to hide the wrinkles that are on her face.
As for the Monster that she was with, it or rather he was looking a bit too human to be considered a Monster. He looked like a young man that appears to be in his twenties. He also wore a black wide bandana around his huge forehead which is nearly covered with greenish long messy hair that is almost the length as the sorceress's. He had a scar on his right yellow cat-like eye that looked as though it were caused by someone who slashed his face with a knife or another sharp object. The man wore a male sorcerer's robe: the boots, cape, robes, and everything on his clothing were colored brown, red, and orange in order have a fiery affect of some sort. Lastly, he carried a staff that seemed to resemble the one that is held by a Monster named Xellos for when the Lord of Nightmares appeared in the reanimated city of her former home Siaraag.
When she faced in the direction of the two attackers, Sylphiel heard the voice of Zelgadis shouting to her, Sylphiel! What in the hell are you doing here?! You should be at the restaurant tending to the injuries of the wounded guards that may come for help!
Mr. Zelgadis is right, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia shouted to her, It's not safe here, especially with Cally in this room! She's the same sorceress that Miss Lina, Mr. Gourry and I fought for when there was a bounty set for our heads! She and her daughter tried to...!
The young princess's words were soon cut short by the shouts of the old sorceress, for whom she called Cally, started to shout towards Amelia while aiming a sphere of fiery energy at the direction. I suggest that you shut up and keep still, you little brat! Cally shouted to Amelia as she start to point the ball of flame towards the princess's direction.
Now. Now. Calm yourself, Cally, the Monster next to the old sorceress told his companion as he held up a hand in front of her while talking in a smooth and calm voice. Let's not be so hasty. It would be rather rude of you if you did that in front of our unexpected guest. Hee! Hee! Hee!
Sylphiel saw Cally starting to calm herself as the sphere of fiery energy started to disappear from her hand. The shrine maiden started to give out a small sigh of relief and turned her attention back towards the human-like Monster. In response to the young woman's stare, the Monster started to chuckle at her and started to speak to her in a polite matter.
Please pardon my associate's matters, Miss Sylphiel, the Monster said to the priestess with a sinister looking smile on his face. She just been this way for ever since your friend Miss Amelia had ruined one of her plans the first time that they've met. Now allow me to introduce myself. Perhaps you've heard of one of the subordinates that were created by the Dark Lord Shabranigdo before he was divided, do you not? Does the name Gaav the Demon Dragon King sound familiar to you, Miss?
Sylphiel gave out a gasp for when she realized what the Monster meant by his words. She also heard the same surprised reaction coming from her two friends and even the sorceress Cally for when the Monster said those words.
You mean to tell me that you're one of..! the shrine maiden said before her voice was cut off by the words of Zelgadis.
You're one of Gaav's servants?! she heard the chimera ask before she heard her other friend Amelia started to gasp in a higher tone.
In response to all of their reactions, Sylphiel heard the Monster chuckle a bit under his throat before he could continue on with his little lecture. I see that you and your friends are more brighter than you look, Miss, he said as his yellow cat-like eyes looked at her like a that of a lion's which is looking for its prey. Then allow me to give you my name. I am Naturon Gaav, one of the proud Monsters that faithfully and loyally served Lord Gaav. I guess that there's no need to ask your friends if they've met up with Lord Gaav's second in command, Valgaav. I am the Monster that's powerful next to him that's was part of Lord Gaav's army in order to spread his power across the known world.
Before Sylphiel could have the chance to speak her own mind to the Monster that calls himself Naturon Gaav, Amelia started to shout at the Monster while being flabbergasted at the same time. Wait a minute! she said to the Monster, I've heard from Mr. Xellos that he's already taken care of all the Demon Dragon King's minions after his death! How is it that you were able to survive and hidden yourself from his eyes without being spotted by the other Monsters? There's just no way that it could be possible for a monster like you!
Forget about how he survived! Sylphiel heard Zelgadis say as she kept her eyes on Naturon. What I would like to know is how come that we've never heard of you for when we were fighting both Gaav and Valgaav to begin with!
In response to the chimera's question, the shrine maiden heard the Monster starting to chuckle softly under his throat. Well, I shouldn't be surprised by your lack of information about me, Mr. Greywords, Naturon said as he eyed his cat eyes towards Zelgadis. Especially since Xellos thought that I was annihilated by his own hand.
You see, since the demise of both Lord Gaav and Valgaav, I have been hiding endlessly across the world trying to re-establish his council in order to carry out my master's will. But a year before Valgaav's fall, the little pain in the ass Xellos shows up without my knowing and attacked me with his full power. I managed to slip away from his grasp but just barely. But while hiding from his astral sight in a cave I soon stumbled upon a temple that looked to be forbidden to both the Gods and the Monsters. In that place, I've discovered a little stone that most humans would find of great value of riches by its mere appearance. However, this jewel is more than just some mere stone that would be fit for women's jewelry. It's a gem with power that is beyond imagination. A power that, not only healed my injuries and restored me to full strength, but is beyond that of both the Dark Lords or the Gods of this world. Which brings my attention back to the lovely Miss Sylphiel.
Sylphiel was shocked for when Naturon turned his attention back towards her direction and looked at her. What do you mean by that, Monster? the shrine maiden asked while trying not to show any signs of fear on her face while giving him a suspicious look with her emerald eyes.
The Monster then chuckled at the young woman's question as if it were a joke that only he could get. What I'm trying to say is that you possess the same kind of power that I'm talking about, little shrine maiden, Naturon responded while using his cat-like eyes to scan the shrine maiden's entire body, The same power that you've used to take down the orihalcon golums that I've worked so hard to obtain from one of the forgers in Zona. The very same golums that I've left to guard the gate in case the other kingdoms would try to interfere. Even as I speak, the power that I've mentioned is continuing to grow within that perfect little body of yours.
What do you mean by great power , Naturon!? Cally suddenly started to ask her Monster companion in crime. You've never mentioned this as part of our little agreement that we've made in exchange for rulership of the entire kingdom of Seyruun!
Relax, Cally, Naturon responded to his human partner as he still kept a calm and cool tone of voice. Our arrangement still stands by those terms, so you'll get to rule Seyruun as promised. It's just that sensing the same power that I had in my body within this girl is just an unexpected bonus. You just have be patient until then.
Sylphiel then saw the Monster turning his full attention back towards her direction and smiled at her with a calm grin on his face. Now back to our little business, Miss Sylphiel, the Monster said as he kept his smile on his young face. In case that you're wondering what I'm talking about, then maybe a little show and tell would be of some help. Hee! Hee! Hee!
As the shrine maiden wondered about his words, she heard Naturon chuckling under his throat again as he started to remove the black bandana around his forehead. When the Monster had finally removed the black head wear from his head, Sylphiel saw what the bandana was trying to hide and gasped in both shock and surprise for when she realized what it was and felt the incredible energy that she had felt from before. What was on Naturon's forehead was a huge green gem that's about the size of a regular-sized human fist. The stone was giving off a bright and out of control light that's the same color as the surface of the jewel that's causing it.
That's a...Chaos Emerald! Sylphiel shouted, not realizing that she's in a room with people hearing the loud words that she spoke.
There was a moment a silence before Amelia decided to break it by saying, Chaos Emerald? Miss Sylphiel, are you saying that you saw a gem like that before?
Before the frozen shrine maiden could even turn or even speak to the princess of Seyruun in order to answer her question, Naturon spoke to her while starting to give out a grin of satisfaction on his face. So I assume that you, Miss Sylphiel, have had a close encounter with one of these powerful gems before, do you not? If you know the name of the jewel on my forehead, then you must also know the secret to unlocking the true power that's within it, do you not?
At that moment, Sylphiel didn't know what to do. She was so shocked about what she just said out loud she that couldn't think of anything that could get her out of the situation that she's in. That was when a thought suddenly struck the shrine maiden's mind, a thought that's so crazy to her that it might just work. So Sylphiel finally snapped herself out of her hypnotic trance and started to chant the words of a technique that she had used in the many adventures that she had with her friend Miguel and the rest of the group.
Flaming Sword! the shrine maiden shouted as a solid weapon made of pure orange and red flames appeared from within her hands. Sylphiel then pointed her magical blade towards Naturon and concentrated it's fiery blade towards his direction with all her energy. The Monster has his eyes wide open in response to the sudden appearance of the shrine maiden's magical weapon.
Wha...How did you manage to learn a techniques as powerful as that, Sylphiel?! the shrine maiden heard Zelgadis shouting to her with surprise and shock in his voice. I thought that the Aqua Tower that you used on the golums was the only technique that you knew!
Mr. Zelgadis is right, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia added with the same tone as the chimera's. You're a shrine maiden! You shouldn't be using dangerous techniques as the one that you're using right now let alone trying to use it on a Monster as powerful as this guy!
Sylphiel didn't respond to either of her friends cries as she kept her full attention on aiming her fire sword's blade towards Naturon's direction as he gave a wide eyed expression on his face. That was when the Monster began to chuckle under his throat as if he find what the shrine maiden is doing but a complete joke.
That's a very powerful technique that you have learned, Miss Sylphiel, Naturon said to Sylphiel as he started to approach her with his smile not faltering once from his face. But it's quite a bit too dangerous for a shrine maiden of white magic, such as yourself, to use, don't you think? You could get punished by Ciepheid if he ever saw that one of his beloved servants is...
Sylphiel soon found herself shouting at the Monster, cutting of his words. Shut up, you filthy Monster! she shouted to Naturon as she kept her fiery weapon's blade aimed towards his direction while using a rather annoyed and angry tone of voice. You have no right to use my faith in the Gods just to get what you want from me! For your information, I honestly don't know of the Chaos Emerald's true origins or what it's true purpose for being in existence, but I do know what it's capable of if it ever fell into the wrong hands of creatures like you, Naturon! I saw, first hand, on how powerful a being could become just by touching it! So even if I do know of a way to unlocking the true powers of the emerald, I wouldn't tell it to a Monster like you! You're just wasting your time and mine by asking me a question like that! So just do to me what you got to do because you won't get anything from me!
In response to her shouting words, Naturon stopped approaching the shrine maiden and gave her a blank stare for the moment before changing it back to the cruel smile that he had on before along with his soft laughter. Looks like that you're pretty serious about what you just said to me, aren't you, Miss? he said to the shrine maiden while starting to gather dark energy in his hand as it took shape of a sphere as he continued to chuckle under his throat. Hee! Hee! Hee! Very well then, shrine maiden. Since you have no intention on giving me the information that I want, I have no choice but to do as you suggested. It's a shame that a beautiful young lady such as yourself would have to face death at the hands of the same power that you possessed. So prepare to die and meet your maker, shrine maiden!
With his last words, Naturon started to laugh cruelly as he threw the ball of dark energy towards her direction. But just when the sphere was about to collide with its target, Sylphiel retaliated with a swing of her Flaming Sword as hard as she can and sliced the evil energy ball into two before it faded out of thin air.
That attack Naturon used, Sylphiel thought to herself as she started to breathe in and out for air while trying to keep her fiery weapon's blade aimed towards the Monster that attacked her, must be coming from the Chaos Emerald on his forehead! Somehow, I got to try to hold out as much as I can before Miguel and the others arrive. But I also have to find a way to get that emerald out of his reach before he starts to use its full power! If that happens, then...
Her thoughts were then cut short for when she heard surprised gasps coming from her two friends Zelgadis and Amelia. Oh my gosh! the shrine maiden heard the princess saying, Did you all see that? Miss Sylphiel just sliced that ball of dark energy into two as if it were nothing!
Now that's very impressive! the shrine maiden heard the chimera say to his companion with the same tone as the princess. The two of us weren't able to block his attack with our protection spells, but Sylphiel was able to slice that attack with one stroke! How was that even possible?!
Shut up, you two! Sylphiel heard Cally shouting, Or I'm going to throw a fireball that would make my partner's attack feel like a feather!
As the shrine maiden tried to turn her eyes' attention to the scene, she heard the sound of someone clapping his or her hands. Sylphiel soon realized that the sound was coming from the Monster that threw powerful dark energy attack from before. Bravo, Miss. Bravo, Naturon said to her while she saw him continuing to give a golf clap with his hands. I must say that I am impressed that you were able to slice my attack with just one stroke with that flaming sword of yours. I wasn't even being serious for when I launched that sphere of energy at you. The projectile that I've launched was only enough to reduce this very room that we're in to ashes.
Are you insane, Naturon?! the priestess heard the sorceress Cally said to the Monster with an angry tone of voice. You could've blown us to bits with that attack of yours if I missed and hit something else other than that girly girl!
Just consider this, Cally, Naturon said to his associate while continuing to keep calm tone of voice, From the first time that I've met up with you and made our little arrangement, I seemed to remember you saying that you planned to redecorate this throne room to match your tastes.
Hmm. You got a good point there, the old sorceress responded to her partner with a now calm and cool voice.
And now, if you were to be kind enough to keep an eye on our guesses, Cally, Naturon said to the old sorceress, I'll be going back to my business with Miss Sylphiel, who's still waving that sword of fire of hers at my direction.
Sylphiel then saw the Monster turned his attention back towards her attention and looked at her with a serious and yet calm look on his face. Well, then, Miss Sylphiel, Naturon said to her as he started to gathered another portion of dark energy within his hand, now that you've proven to be more tougher against both me and the orihalcon golems than your friends did before you've arrived, I guess that I would have to turn up the level of power of my attacks. However, I won't kill you just yet. No, I would like to see just how long you could stand up against my attacks before I kill you so that I could savor the sweet pain that I could get from you. So prepare yourself for the test of your endurance, shrine maiden!
With those words, Sylphiel saw the Monster threw large sphere of black energy towards her at an incredible speed. Just like she did before, the shrine maiden to slice the attack into two before it collided with its target. However, this time, she fell to the ground, breathing very heavily as if the very air in her lungs were suddenly knocked out of her.
The power of his attack...it feels different. Sylphiel thought to herself as she barely managed to lift her magical fiery sword towards the Monster while trying to breathe in fresh air at the same time. It looks as though Naturon is starting to increase the power of his attacks with every blow that he strikes at me with. There's no way that I would be able to hold out against him for very long and I'm already starting to lose energy with every minute. If only I had one of the Power Rings, there's a chance that I would be able to use it to beat him. I'll just have to pray that Miguel, Sonic, or any of the others would be able get here before I'm out of energy completely.
With that thought finished inside of her mind, Sylphiel started to ready herself for whatever attack that the Monster, Naturon, would throw at her as she saw that he was readying himself to launch another one of his powerful attacks.

**********************************************

Meanwhile, inside a forest that is outside of the kingdom of Seyruun, just about a hundred miles away from within the kingdom's limits, a large hole of emerald light shaped like a giant golden ring started to appear out of nowhere. From within the huge light, Miguel appeared out of the portal that he created with the help of his Star Sword and landed on the soft ground.
Now that I'm in Sylphiel's world, all I have to do is to find out where she is, Miguel thought to himself as he placed his mystic weapon back in the resting place that's on his back. But in order to do that, I'll have to use the Chaos Control in order to find the energy of Chaos Emerald shard that she has inside of her red pendent.
Before he could have the chance to trying to find the Chaos Energy of either the shrine maiden or the Chaos Emerald shard that was given to her a while ago, the young man suddenly started to have a strong feeling in his body that he is quite familiar with.
This energy! That's the power of a Chaos Emerald that I'm feeling! Miguel thought to himself as the feeling inside of his body continued to radiate with energy. I'm pretty sure that it's the cause of the reading that Tails' computer was giving off. There's only one possible way that Chaos Energy like this could be this strong: a Chaos Emerald must be here somewhere in this world and by the way that it's giving off this much energy, I'd say that it's starting to go out of control. I'd better do something about it or...
Before he could have the chance to finish his thoughts, Miguel was suddenly startled by the reappearance of the giant ring portal that he created to enter the world that he was in right now. What the...? What's going on? he thought while being blinded by the bright green light as he tried to get himself together in order to prepare for what was coming through. I didn't do anything that could cause the portal that I've used in order to get to this world to open up. So what causing the portal to suddenly open without my power to...?
Miguel's question was soon answered for with the appearances of four figures that appeared from inside of the huge golden ring portal which then vanished out of sight again without a trace, leaving them behind. As the young man started to blink in order to focus his eyes so that he could see just what kind of attacks that the four beings that appeared from within the portal were capable of, he suddenly heard familiar voices coming from them.
There's Miguel, you guys, said one of the voices that sounded like a young boy said to his companions, From the looks of things here, I'd say that we're just on time for whatever's happening in this world.
I swear, kid, you could be as stubborn as Sonic sometimes! another voice of one of the other beings said to him with an annoyed tone of voice. Rushing into a situation like this without waiting for us first! Now that would be something that Sonic would do...!
With that response, the one for whom the being called Sonic, started to respond to this by saying with the same annoyed tone as his companion's, Hey, Knucklehead! I'm not that rash to rush into things! I just...!
That was when Miguel chose this moment to disrupt the argument by speaking to the entire group of beings by saying to them, Whoa! Sonic? Knuckles? Tails? Shadow? Is that really you guys?
Well how about that, you guys? He remembers us, said a voice, for which Miguel recognized as Shadow, with a sarcastic tone.
The young man laughed a bit at the black hedgehog's remark as he continued to blink both of his eyes in order to get them focused. When Miguel finally got them to focus, he soon saw what he thought that he would see: a blue hedgehog that goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog along with a two-tailed fox that's holding a device that looked like a tracker of some sorts named Tails Miles Prower, a red echidna with huge white gloves and white collar ring around his neck called Knuckles the Echidna, and a black hedgehog that looked like Sonic with a few differences in color and attitude that goes by the name of Shadow the Hedgehog.
When he was surprised to see all of his friends right in front of him, Miguel started to ask the SEGA heroes, How did you four get here that quickly? I thought that it would take you about...
His words were soon cut off by Tails as he said to him with a sigh, I tried to tell you that just before you cut off our communication between our worlds, Miguel. Time between the two worlds moves differently, therefore, if we were to take about a half hour to gather Knuckles and Shadow, in your world it would've taken about one minute.
Miguel covered his face with his hand in order to hide the embarrassment that was on his face. But before he could have the chance to say anything, he heard Sonic starting to say to him while taking in a long deep breath of fresh air from the area that they're in now.
So this is Sylphiel's world, Miguel? Sonic said with an amazed tone of voice as he turned towards the blue hedgehog and saw him looking around the forest area. Strange. It seems to be pretty peaceful for it to be filled with Gods and Monsters as the purple-haired girl said it would. Plus, it has plenty of space for me to run so that I wouldn't have to...
The blue hedgehog's words were soon cut off by Knuckles who was saying to his friend with a serious tone of voice. Now is not the time to be admiring the scenery, Sonic! the red echidna said to Sonic. Right now, I'm feeling a tremendous amount of Chaos Energy that's growing at an incredible rate and rising! Feel it and see for yourselves!
Miguel saw that Knuckles, Sonic, and Shadow started to shut their eyes so that they could focus their minds on finding the Chaos Energy. Tails, however, used the device that he brought with him in order to find the cause for the disturbance. A moment later, the device that the young fox was carrying soon started to give off a loud beeping sound that sounded like that of a submarine. The three other SEGA heroes just gave out a loud gasp of shock and surprise as they looked at each other with disbelief. Another moment later, Tails's device soon started to beep uncontrollably before it gave off small sparks of electricity and exploded soon after.
Whoa, guys! Did you all feel that? Shadow said with a shocked tone of voice. The energy that I'm sensing is far too much for a Chaos Emerald to be giving out!
Shadow's right, you guys, Tails added as he held out what used to be his portable tracker to the entire group. From the way that it managed to overload my tracker from a far distance, I'd say that the energy its giving off is unstable and if we don't do something to stop it soon, this entire planet could be in danger!
In response to his young friends words, Miguel saw Sonic turning towards him with a serious look on his face and said, Miguel, did you know anything about this before the four of us arrived to this world and, if you did, do you know where exactly did it come from?
Miguel nodded in response to the blue hedgehog's questions before he started to speak to the entire group. Just before you guys came, the he said to his outer worldly friends, I've felt this strong amount of Chaos Energy coming from a Chaos Emerald. I think that it came from...
His words were soon cut off for when he heard the voice of Sylphiel inside of his mind shouting in pain as he sensed the disturbance of Chaos Energy that he felt earlier. Miguel soon started to hold onto his head as with both of his hands like he had a headache or something. An image of the shrine maiden with her magical fiery sword inside of her hands while fending off some sort of energy blast suddenly appeared in his mind. He soon saw the shrine maiden being thrown off towards a stone wall.
Sylphiel! Miguel shouted as the image inside of his mind faded away while being unaware that he said the shrine maiden's name out loud to his four friends.
Miguel, what is it? Knuckles asked with a concerned tone of voice. Did you just find out where the Chaos Emerald might be or is it something worse?
As the headache in his head started to disappear, Miguel soon started to stare to all of his friends and said to the red echidna, Unfortunately, Knuckles, what felt and saw is a little bit of both. It's Sylphiel, she's being attacked by a Monster, who is holding onto the Chaos Emerald that we're tracking right now. She's doing the best that she can in order to fend off the attacks, but I don't know how long it will be before she gives out.
Then what are we doing here just standing here for? Sonic said as he started to Miguel and the entire group, let's get going before that creep with the Chaos Emerald finishes Sylphiel off and starts to go on a killing spree.
Yeah, only that there's a problem, Sonic, Knuckles said to the blue hedgehog sarcastic tone of voice before turning serious, we have no way of knowing where exactly is the girl is and exactly where the Chaos Emerald...
That was when Miguel started to hear Shadow cut in on the echidna's words by saying with a little smile on his face, I think that you're forgetting one thing, Knuckles. And that's something that Sonic, Miguel, and I are capable of.
Miguel soon started to say to the group of SEGA heroes realization to the black hedgehog's words. Duh! The Chaos Control! he said to the group as he slap his fore head with the palm of his hand. Guys, it could be used to transport the user to any place where a Chaos Emerald or its energies are originated from!
I think I get what Shadow is trying to say, Tails said as the young two-tailed fox put the piles of what was once his tracking device into a backpack that Miguel hadn't noticed until now. If Sonic, Shadow, and Miguel were to use the Chaos Control to warp us to the place where the Chaos Emerald is...
Then not only that we would be able to find the Chaos Emerald in that place... Knuckles added thoughtfully as he thought about what Tails was saying.
But we'll also find Sylphiel as well! Miguel finished with a look of enthusiasm and hope on his face.
Except that we're forgetting the fact that the Monster that she's with could be there along with her as well as some eye witnesses, Shadow said with a serious tone. There's a chance that the people that she's with could figure out that we're all from another world, guys.
But I don't think that we have any other choice in this matter, Shadow, Sonic replied to the black hedgehog with a calm voice along with a serious look on his face, If we don't act now, then that would soon be the least of our worries.
I agree with Sonic on this one, Shadow Miguel said to the black look-a-like of Sonic with a mild serious tone. If that Monster is allowed to continue to use that emerald for his own purposes, then not only will Sylphiel and the group of people that she's with would die, but this entire world would die as well. We have to stop that from happening before it's too late.
There was silence in the group for about a moment and then that was when Shadow broke the silence by saying to the young man, (Sigh) Alright, Miguel. We'll use the Chaos Control in order to warp there, but you have to handle the Monster that Sylphiel's fighting on your own so that you could try to get the emerald away from it. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be waiting in the shadows in case that Monster might call in some reenforcements.
Miguel nodded to the black hedgehog's words and turned to Sonic, Knuckles, and Tail while saying, Guys, let's do it to it.
Now that's something that I've been wanting to hear in a long time! Sonic said as he turned to his two-tailed friend, who reached into the back pack that was on his back and held out a green Chaos Emerald that seemed to glow with bright green light that seems to be growing brighter by the minute.
Whoa! Look at this, you guys! Tails said as he showed the emerald to the rest of the group. It appears to be filling with energy just like the one that all of you felt, only that it's not growing out of control. It's as if this Chaos Emerald in my hand were absorbing Chaos Energy from a different source.
Well, whatever it is, Knuckles began to say, I'd say that whatever is causing this emerald to overflow with Chaos Energy is the same thing that caused the emerald that we've sensed before to grow out of control.
Well then, let's stop talking about it and get to the chase already! Sonic said with an eager tone in his voice as he started to place his hand on top of the surface of the Chaos Emerald while turning to the black hedgehog and Miguel. Ready, you two?
In response, Miguel started to place his hand on the Chaos Emerald's surface as well as Shadow did with his. When he saw that Knuckles and Tails were near the three of them, he started to say to the SEGA heroes, Let's get do it.
With those words said and done, Miguel soon found himself shouting along with both Sonic and Shadow in unison, Chaos Control!
Before he knew what was happening, Miguel was being engulfed in a bright haze of emerald-colored light that would soon take him and his friends to their destination.

*********************************************

Back in the throne room of the Royal House of Seyruun, Sylphiel was being bombarded with a variety of attacks that were being shot out of the hands of the Monster, Naturon. With each passing moment, the shrine maiden was struggling in order to keep defending herself as best as she could before any assistance would arrive in time in order to help her. She was losing energy with every attack that Naturon would throw at her, one stronger than the other. She could barely keep herself up on her feet, let alone trying to maintain the power of her Flaming Sword technique in order to block and fend off the Monster's attacks.
The first wave of attacks had only drained her a bit of energy from her body while she tried to shield herself with a Protection Spell while using her fire sword as a conductor in order to cast it with the blade. The second, however, didn't miss their target for when Sylphiel tried to take on Naturon with a head on attack, she got seriously injured as a barrage of energy spears coming from the Monster's hand fired straight at her and pierced both of her legs and her right shoulder just before she could put up another Protection barrier around herself. When the shrine maiden was as far away from Naturon as she possibly can, she turned her eyes to her injuries and saw how serious they were as blood was coming out from her wounds. Before Sylphiel could even have time to cast a short Recovery spell on herself in order to continue to fight, she felt a powerful force pushing her body with such incredible strength that it forced her away from the Monster and rammed the shrine maiden into the throne room's wall that caused a print of her body to appear on it.
Just when the shrine maiden got herself off of the wall as she felt her body being pushed over its limit, Sylphiel soon started to hear the cries of her friends begging for her to get away from the Monster while she still could. Miss Sylphiel, get out of here now! the shrine maiden heard Amelia shouting to her with fear in her voice. There's no way that you would be able to stand up to anymore of Naturon's attacks! Get away!
Amelia's right, Sylphiel! she heard Zelgadis scream while keeping her attention towards Naturon. Stop trying to be a hero and get out the hell out of here while you still can! What are you trying to prove anyway by taking on a Monster as powerful as Naturon?! What is it that is making you want to keep on trying to take on this damn Monster by yourself anyway?!
The thought of seeing this world destroyed by this Monster's hands with the Chaos Emerald as the catalyst to its destruction, that's what, Sylphiel's mind answered as she struggled to breathe in air and tried to maintain her balance as well as keeping up the energy for her fire sword.
The shrine maiden kept staring straight towards Naturon as she kept her magical weapon aimed towards him. Just before she could prepare herself for another attack that the Monster would try to throw at her, Sylphiel soon felt both of her legs starting to fail her as she collapsed to the ground, landing on her knees while trying to suppress a scream of pain that she felt from her wounds. When she tried to face her attention back to maintaining the power of her weapon, Sylphiel soon started to notice that the fiery sword itself was starting to fade from her hands. She soon started to feel a bit dizzy and weak for when after her weapon faded from sight.
Oh no! the shrine maiden thought as she tried once again pick herself off the ground and refocus her mind while holding onto her injured shoulder. I'm all out of energy and my body feels like it weighs about a ton and is pierced with a large needle! Hee! I guess I'm starting to understand how Miss Lina, Mr. Zelgadis, and Gourry Dear felt for when they have to face Shabranigdo for the first time. But what am I going to do now that I'm defenseless against Naturon?
With her thought finished inside of her mind, Sylphiel soon started to hear the soft taunting laughs of Naturon as she continued to struggle to get to her feet. When the shrine maiden tried to face the Monster's direction, all that she could see of him was a blur and nothing else.
Judging from the way that your weapon has faded from your hands and your body's position, I'd say that you couldn't take any more of the other tortures that I have prepared for you, Miss, Naturon said indulgently as he looked at her with the same calm smile that never faltered from his face. It's quite a shame, really. I was hoping to have a little more fun with you, seeing that you were able to last this long with me at this intensity. But it looks as though that we might have to say goodbye.
With his words said and done, Sylphiel soon started to shake her head in order to mind focused to regain her sight. When her full sight was restored, she turned towards Naturon once again and saw him starting to raise both of his arms towards the sky and began to gather a powerful red energy aura around his body. The energy that the Monster was gathering on his being soon started to take the shape of a large sphere as it gather within his hands.
Naturon! What are you doing?! Sylphiel heard the voice of Cally shouting to her Monster companion while she looked at the red sphere of energy that could cause her death. You're going to blow up the entire castle with that attack!
Calm down, Cally, Naturon responded to the old sorceress, the sphere that I'm creating is only going to vaporize the little shrine maiden into nothing but air. There won't be any damages to any part of this room, though I wouldn't say the same about the young priestess over here.
You damn Monster! Sylphiel heard Zelgadis shouting to Naturon with an angry tone of voice. Don't you know how defenseless she is now?! You can't just finish her off when she's all weak and has no energy left to fight you with!
Mr. Zelgadis is right! she heard Amelia starting to shout next as she heard that the little princess was almost close to tears. It's not fair for you to take advantage of Miss Sylphiel when she's so badly injured! Even a Monster, like Mr. Xellos, wouldn't take advantage of a injured woman when she's not able to fight any longer! It's not fair!
Sylphiel only heard Naturon laugh at the words of her friends in a tone that almost sounded insane. Hee! Hee! Hee! Fair? You two humans must be joking, the monster responded to both Amelia and Zelgadis. Well, don't worry. You'll soon be accompanying the priestess. She won't be alone in death!
With his laughter still continuing echoing, Sylphiel saw Naturon starting to throw the red sphere of energy towards her direction. But before he could have the chance to launch it towards her direction he stopped for the moment and said with a curious and serious tone of voice, What's this energy that I'm feeling?! It's the same energy that's coming from the gem that's on my forehead! Well, I guess I can deal with it after Miss Sylphiel's demise!
Sylphiel didn't consider what Naturon said as the giant red sphere of powerful energy continued to charge at her direction with an intense crimson light that possessed power of great magnitude.

***********************************************

A few moments after they arrived to their destined location, Miguel and his friends started to rub at their eyes and found themselves looking at the gates of a royal castle that appears to be from England's medieval ages. From the looks of this place, he said to the four SEGA heroes, I'd say that this is the kingdom of white magic named Seyruun, you guys.
This kingdom studies white magic? Shadow the Hedgehog asked as the hedgehog looked around the surroundings of the area that they were in. Now this is simply amazing!
Look at this, you guys! Tails said as the young fox was putting away the green Chaos Emerald in his back pack and then looked at the piles of rubble that sort of resembled giant human body parts. All of these are parts are from some type of ancient giant robots. But from the way things look here, I'd say that there was a battle fought here!
Never mind that, Tails! Sonic said as he pointed to the direction where a giant majestic building was at. I'm sensing the Chaos Emerald coming from that castle over there! We have to get there as fast as we can before it's too late!
Then let's stop hanging around here and get to that emerald already! Knuckles said with both of his white-gloved fist getting ready for battle. I'm already getting fired up for a fight!
Miguel chuckled a bit at the red echidna's anxiousness, but the funny moment was soon interrupted for when his mind started to have an image of the shrine maiden that's about to be annihilated by a huge sphere filled violent angry red energy that threatened to wipe her out of existence.
(Gasp!) Oh my, God! Sylphiel! Miguel shouted the name of the shrine maiden out loud to his friends with a panicked tone before he started to concentrating his Chaos Energy in order to use the special time and space warping technique. Chaos Control!
Without listening to the words of his four friends telling him to wait and be calm, Miguel was soon traveling once again inside the tunnel of green light that would soon carry him to his desired destination.

********************************************

Back in the throne room of the Royal House of Seyruun, Sylphiel, who was too injured to walk or even move, was about to face her death at the fate of Naturon's attack when an unknown shadow of a person appeared in front of her, facing the powerful sphere of energy that was about to collide with her. As she wondered about who the person was, all that she saw was that he took what appears to be a large sword from on his back and started to swing its huge blade towards the Monster's attack. The large sphere of energy seemed to be disappearing into the blade of the sword that was carried the mysterious hero who saved her life.
Gourry Dear? the shrine maiden thought to herself as she tried to make out the description of the person, who puts his sword back in its resting place, that saved her from being turned into dust. No, the person's hair is too short to be Gourry Dear, so who else could it be? Unless it's...
Before her thoughts could be finished, Sylphiel felt both her legs starting to fail her as she started to fall to the floor. However, she didn't feel herself hitting the solid ground of the throne room as a pair of arms started to catch her body from colliding to the granite floor. As the person carried her injured and weaken form, Sylphiel started to hear the voice of Naturon shouting to her savior with an angry tone in his voice.
Who in the hell are you, human?! she heard the Monster's voice saying to the person. Are you the one responsible for the great energy that I've felt moments before I could turn this shrine maiden into dust?!
Well, that could be a possibility, the shrine maiden heard her rescuer saying to Naturon while throwing his own angry voice at him. But what I would like to know from you is that do you usually pick on the weak and the injured first? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a friend to take care of.
With those words of concern, Sylphiel soon recognized the owner of the voice as she was being carried by him in his arms. Miguel... she said weakly before darkness fell over her eyes just as she fell into unconsciousness.

***********************************************
It's a good thing that I managed to get here and blocked that Monster's attack with my Star Sword like I did, Miguel thought to himself as he carried the injured shrine maiden in his arms while going to her friends, otherwise she would've ended up as nothing but thin air. I just hope that the others will...
Before he could finish his thoughts, Miguel soon heard the voice of a angry old woman shouting to him while being stopped a fiery arrow of fire, Naturon asked you a question, kid and it's best that you give him a straight answer! Otherwise, that girly girl's friends are going to be the ones to pay the price!
Miguel soon started to turn towards the source of the voice and soon found himself looking at a sorceress wearing a green dress that looks fit for a dinner party. But that wasn't what caught his attention: what caught his eye was the fact that the old sorceress was aiming a huge sphere of fire directly at the shrine maiden's two friends. When he turned his attention towards her face, that was when he started to recognized the sorceress that was about to throw her huge fiery attack towards Sylphiel's three companions.
I know you, Miguel started to say to the female magic user as he continued to carry the injured shrine maiden in his arms, you're that sorceress that Sylphiel once told me about for when she was in my world! You're called Cally the Sorceress!
In response to his words, Cally started to give out a small chuckle as she began to say to him, Well, I guess I should be rather flattered for you knowing my name, kid. Is it because of my great skills and power that got your attention?
Before he could have the chance to answer, Miguel suddenly saw a shadow that appeared behind the sorceress back, without her knowing. The mysterious shadow then started to give Miguel a wink with its right eye in response to the young man as a sign that it was a friend. Miguel smirked a little bit and started to reply to the sorceress.
Well, not really, he said to the old woman, Sylphiel had told me once that you were defeated by Lina Inverse: a sorceress that's even more powerful than you could ever be. That, and the fact that your face looked like that it belonged to the wicked witch of the west, you old bat!
With his words all said and done, he saw the face of Cally starting to turn from amused to angry in a instant. WHAT!? she screamed with the tone that matched her face as she tried to keep a firm grip on her magical spell. How dare you make a mockery of my beautiful image for when it was destroyed by that accursed witch Lina Inverse and that little runt of a princess who's with that freak of a chimera!!
That was when Miguel started to speak to the sorceress one more time as he looked at the mysterious shadow with a confident smile on his face, News flash, old hag! It's been ruined way long before Lina messed you up! I mean, you're so old, that it's a wonder that the Lord of Nightmares created darkness!
With the his comment finished, Miguel soon started to see Cally beginning to become enraged along with red angry flames surrounding her body by the words that he said about her. HOW DARE YOU!!! the sorceress shouted as she readied her hand with the huge ball of fire to launch it at Sylphiel's friends. YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT INSULT!! WITH THESE FOOLS' LIVES!!!
Cally! Calm down! the monster, for which her partner called Naturon, said to the sorceress. If you kill the princess now, then there's no way that you'll be able to gain control of this king...
Shut up, Naturon! Cally shouted to her Monster companion as she started to charge up her fiery sphere with more power. First, I was humiliated by the princess of Seyruun and her friend Lina and now this boy is taking jabs at me! I'm feeling all fired up and ready to...!
Before she could finish her words, Miguel saw the shadow that was behind Cally hitting her behind the back of her head with its huge white fist. The old sorceress collapsed to the ground unconscious causing the fireball in her hand to vanish out of sight. There were soon gasps that Miguel heard from both Amelia and Zelgadis as the figure in shadows soon started to reveal himself as the red echidna with huge white-gloved fists: Knuckles the Echidna.
Orihalcon golems, attack the intruders at once! Miguel heard the voice of the Monster Naturon shouting an order that soon brought the giant statues, that he soon took notice a moment later, to life.
With a smile on his face, the red echidna started to say to Miguel, Well, what are you waiting for, Miguel? Go get your girlfriend to safety while the rest of us take care of this Monster with the Chaos Emerald along with his giant statue army!
Knuckles! Miguel started to say to his friend with a little blush on his face while trying to contain it as well as forgetting the situation that they're in. How many times do we have to go through this? Sylphiel is only a friend! She's a girl and she's a...!
Would the two of you please stop acting like idiots?! Miguel heard the voice of Sonic shouting to him and the red echidna as he saw the blue hedgehog suddenly appearing out of nowhere and using his Sonic Spin on one of the giant moving statues that started to attack them a moment later.
Sonic's right, you guys! Shadow the Hedgehog while running around the Monster called Naturon, confusing him. Miguel, get Sylphiel to a safe place and get her out of here while we try to hold of this guy and his army as best as we can! Go!
With those words said to him, Miguel didn't need to be told twice about what he needed to do. So he started to run with the injured shrine maiden in his arms to the direction where her two friends are frozen stiff in their place. When he gently placed Sylphiel on the ground near them, he soon started to hear the voice of Zelgadis saying to him while he was starting to transfer some of his own physical energy into her body.
I don't know exactly what happened or what is going on here, but thank you for saving Sylphiel's life...whoever you are, the chimera said to Miguel as he continued to transfer his energy to the purple-haired priestess.
When he finished transferring some of his physical energy to Sylphiel's body, he started to turned to Zelgadis and said, No thanks will be necessary, Zelgadis. All that I ask is that your friend Amelia cast a Recovery Spell on her right away. I was able to transfer some of my own physical energy in order for Sylphiel to stay alive, but her body is too seriously wounded by that Monster's attacks for them to be healed on their own....
Whoa! Wait a minute! Miguel heard the voice of Amelia saying to him with a confused tone as he saw her looking at him with a shocked expression on her face, Just how in the world did you know our names for when...?
The princess's words were soon cut short for when Miguel heard the soft groans of the shrine maiden coming from her mouth and turned his attention towards his injured friend as Amelia started to cast her Recovery spell on Sylphiel.

**********************************************

From the darkness of the deep recesses of her unconsciousness mind, Sylphiel felt being filled with new found strength as her injured body was being warmed by emerald-colored light that was giving her the energy. She soon started to regain her sight while trying to open her eyes and looked through the shade of darkness to see the images of three people that she recognized. One person looked like he was had for wire and stone pebbles on the blue skin of his face.
Mr. Zelgadis, the shrine maiden thought to herself as the entire image of the two people started to become more clear by the second.
The second person talking to him had short brown hair along with the brownest set of eyes that she has ever seen. From the way that she felt the warmness radiating from the relieved smile that he was giving her, it felt like the one that her father used to give her for before he was killed by the powerful assault of Copy Rezo. That was when the image of the person started to become clear and she soon recognized who he was.
Miguel? Sylphiel said to her friend weakly as her body still felt pain coming from the injuries that she received from her battle with the Monster, Naturon. Is that really you? Are you really here or is this just a dream?
When a white light suddenly started to envelope her body, Sylphiel saw the smile of her friend Miguel starting to grow wider as he said, Well, I'm no ghost, Sylphiel, that's for sure. And this is no dream, either. Though, in a situation that we're in now, I wish it were.
With that recognizable smart-toned comment finished from her friend's voice, Sylphiel's eyes soon started to open wide enough to see the entire scene around her clearly. She soon started to take notice of the princess, Amelia, enveloping her entire body with the white light of a Recovery Spell and also took notice of her chimera friend, Zelgadis. But, she soon turned her attention back to the person who saved her from destruction. The very same person who became a dear friend to her since the battle that she had with a creature that almost nearly killed her for when it pierced one of its sharp tentacles into her body. When the princess of Seyruun has finished with the healing spell, the shrine maiden soon started to leap towards Miguel while spreading her arms out and giving him a hug along with joy filling up all across her face.
Miguel, you're here! she said as she felt her friend's arms hug her back in response. I just knew that you would come when I gave you the signal! I just knew it!
Whoa! Easy there, Sylphiel, Miguel responded to her while hugging her back in response, You should know me better than to just ignore one of my friends for when they're in danger. When I got your signal from my world, I came here as fast as I could and found you almost near death by that Monster with the Chaos Emerald on his forehead....
That was when the happy moment was cut short by the voice of her friend, Zelgadis who looked at both her and Miguel with a shocked looked on his blue-stoned face.
Wh..what!? he said with a tone that matches his face's expression. Do you mean to tell me that you're the Miguel who's from that world that Sylphiel told us all about?! Then that means that everything that she told us was...!
Sylphiel froze for when she heard the words come out of the Chimera's mouth. She thought that Miguel was going to be upset with her for telling her friends all about him and the adventures that they shared together. But when she started to the turn to his face, the shrine maiden heard Amelia's voice saying, But she never mention those strange looking beastmen that are fighting with Naturon and his orihalcon army. Who are they anyway?
Before the she could have the chance to explain about Sonic and the others, Sylphiel soon started to hear the voice of the young two-tailed fox named Tails starting to reply to the princess, You never heard of us before? I find that hard to believe. Miss Sylphiel mentioned Miguel and all the adventures that we all had together to you, but she never once mentioned either me, Sonic, Knuckles, or Shadow?
When the shrine maiden started to turn to look her friend's face with a blush on her face, Miguel started to chuckle softly in response to Amelia's question. But when she looked at the young man's face, Sylphiel saw that his expression was a small smile of amusement that also made that her sigh with relief that he didn't get mad with her like Lina did for when she got upset. But then she saw his face starting to turn from an amused smile to a serious expression in about twelve seconds as he turned towards Tails.
Tails, what can you tell me about the Chaos Emerald that's on that Monster's forehead? Miguel said to the flying fox as he loosen his hold on Sylphiel's body.

End of Part one