Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Monster's Rampage: Naturon Strikes ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 2




After asking his question and loosening his arms around the shrine maiden, Miguel started to listen Tails's answer as the young fox said to him, It's not looking good by how it's reacting, Miguel! That Chaos Emerald's energy is way too strong for a normal emerald's power level! If it keeps gathering more power at this rate, the Chaos Emerald will burst causing this entire planet to explode!
So what are you trying to say...um, Mr. Tails, he heard the voice of Amelia saying to the young fox genius with a curious and yet confused tone. Is that it's considered a bad thing?
Miguel started to become irritated for when he heard those words come out of the princess's mouth. He soon started to speak to her with a sarcastic and annoyed tone of voice as he slammed the palm of his fist to his forehead, Yes, Amelia. A gem that possesses the very powers of the universe itself that is capable of blowing up this entire planet would definitely fit into the bad things category! Sheesh!
With those words, Miguel soon started to turn his attention back to his the battle that three of his friends were having with the Monster Naturon and the golems. He then became worried for when he saw two of his friends, Shadow and Knuckles, being thrown towards their direction. As the two Mobians started to get themselves to their feet, Miguel started to running towards the two while saying, Knuckles! Shadow! Are you two going to be okay?
Don't worry about it, Miguel, Knuckles responded to him while holding onto his shoulder. I've felt better hits from guys stronger than this Monster.
When Miguel turned his attention towards Shadow, the black hedgehog only responded to him while hold onto his own shoulder, I'll live.
The young human almost wanted to give a smile at Shadow's response, but soon found his attention starting to look towards Sonic, as he saw that the blue hedgehog was still attack the large statue soldiers while in the shape of a huge blue cannon ball. However, just when the spinning spike ball was about to collide with one of the giants, another one of its companions suddenly struck Sonic from behind with his huge fists, causing him to fly towards Miguel's direction.
Whoa! These big guys hit harder than one of Robo-Robotnik's Shadowbots! Miguel heard Sonic say as the blue hedgehog tried to pick himself up from the ground. Miguel then saw the blue hedgehog starting to turn his attention towards both Zelgadis and Amelia, who are with Sylphiel, and started to say to them with a sarcastic tone of voice, Well, it's nice meeting the both of you too.
Sonic, now is not the time to start cracking jokes, Miguel said to his friend as he started to turn his attention towards the Monster that had attacked the shrine maiden a while ago as the green-haired attacker began to glow with a green aura around his body while giving him a taunting smirk and a haunting look with his yellow cat-like eyes. I want you and the guys to take care of these golems while I take care of business with that guy over there.
As he started to walk towards the Monster, Miguel heard the voice of Sylphiel saying to him, Miguel, what do you think that you are doing? Naturon's too powerful for you to handle on your own! Trust me, I saw and felt how strong he is for when I tried to fight him before you came!
Don't worry, Sylphiel, Miguel responded to the young woman's words as he turned to face her. I'll be able to handle this Monster on my own. Besides, this guy has hurt you and I can't stand it for when he attacked and seriously injured one of my friends. That, and the fact that the Chaos Emerald on his head will explode if I don't stop him here and now. Do you understand?
He heard Sylphiel giving out a long and sad sigh, but saw the shrine maiden nodding her heading a second later. He gave her a quick smile and then turn his attentions towards Tails and asked him with a serious tone, Tails, do you happen to have a Power Ring with you?
That was when the young fox responded to the young man's question by reaching inside of his back pack and pulled out a golden ring the size of a dinner plate from inside of it. Tails then threw the ring towards Miguel like it was a frisbee and he caught with his hand just in time to absorb it into his body.

*****************************************

As she saw Miguel starting to absorb the energy within the Power Ring, Sylphiel started to hear the sounds of awe and amazement coming from both Amelia and Zelgadis. As she saw Miguel being enveloped in the a aura of green light, she thought of Miguel as being an angel of sorts and then giggled softly to herself for when she thought of his full name from the first time that they've met. She then started to put all of her attention back to the scene that was starting with between both the human and Naturon.
So, you've managed to raise your power more than it was before, the Monster said to her friend with the same taunting smirk on his face as he had given her from before, It still won't make much of a difference. You still are no match for Naturon Gaav, human. From whatever world that you've appeared to be from, I'm sure that you're no threat to me.
Sylphiel then heard Miguel responding to Naturon's words by saying with a serious tone of voice, Shows what you know of the human race, Naturon. If you really think that you're strong just because you've beaten one of my friends, then you got another thing coming. I'm not what you would call a pushover. So just show me what you got and get this over with.
With those words said and done, the shrine maiden heard a soft chuckle coming from Naturon's throat and that was when she heard him saying with a calm voice, Hee! Hee! Hee! You're pretty gutsy for a normal human being, boy. Not to mention so powerful too. I would like nothing more than to test the power that you possess in your body. Not only will I do that, but I would also like the pleasure of tasting the anger, the fear, and the hate that you have in store for me.
Sylphiel breathed in shock as the words from Naturon's mouth started to shake her entire body with fear. She then heard her friend, Zelgadis, shouting to Miguel, Get away from him, kid! Naturon is too dangerous for you to...!
The shrine maiden soon saw Miguel raising his hand towards the chimera, cutting off his words. Her friend then started to once again speak to Naturon with a bit of confidence in his voice as he started to approach the Monster, Are you done blowing smoke, Naturon? I'm getting bored.
Sylphiel was shocked at the words that her human friend from Earth had said to the Monster. She couldn't believe that Miguel would say such a thing with so much confidence towards a Monster like Naturon who surely has the power that could destroy this entire city with one thought if he wanted. She was amazed as she continued to watch Miguel standing up towards the Monster as if Naturon were nothing more than just another bandit.
Hee! Hee! Hee! You're very confident, aren't you, human? Sylphiel heard Naturon saying to Miguel as the Monster continued to keep his calm smile on his face. Well, perhaps you would like to move to a place that would be most suitable for our battle, hmm?
What do you mean by that, Monster? the shrine maiden heard Miguel saying to Naturon as she saw him raising his eyebrow a bit with a bit of suspicion while starting to get closer to the Monster.
In response to her friend's question, Naturon started to roar with laughter as a rip of some kind started to open behind the Monster. As Naturon started to go through the hole, Sylphiel saw that Miguel is close enough to get sucked into the dimensional along with the Monster. Before she could have time to do anything, the shrine maiden saw the hole that the Monster made close and resealed itself for when after she saw Miguel being taken inside.

******************************************

After being drawn into the Monster's trap, Miguel started to collapse on the ground with both knees. He looked around the area that he was in to see where he is. What Miguel saw was a place that is sort of out of place. It's almost like a distorted dimension that contains rock pillars, trees, glass windows that looked clear and were in different directions along with large boulders.
What in the world is this place? Miguel said to himself as his voice echoed throughout the place that he was in.
His answer was soon given to him when the voice of the Monster Naturon saying to him, The place of which we're in now is a type of magical barrier that surrounds the entire city of Seyruun, a dimension of sorts. It is known as Sub-Space.
With that said and done, Miguel started to turn to the source of the voice and found the Monster, Naturon, looking at his direction with both of his tiger-like eyes on him while giving him a taunting grin that doesn't seems to be leaving his face. The human soon started to look at his trapper with a serious look on his face as he was saying to the Monster while in a fighting pose, Why have you taken me here? Is this some sort of trick?
No. There's no trick here at all, human, Naturon answered as Miguel kept a careful eye on his trapper. I just wanted to test the full extent of your power in a place where there would be no distractions to interfere with our battle, wouldn't you agree? Now that you don't have to worry about the safety of your friends, you would be able to fight at your highest power. Hee. To think, that what both of Lord Gaav's servants, Kanzel and Mezenda, have taught me before their deaths, the techniques about jumping through and manipulating dimensions, is actually coming quite in handy.
That's enough out of you, Naturon! Miguel snapped at the Monster as he readied himself while starting to concentrate his mind into creating powerful flames on his fist. Either the two of us settles this here and now or you're going to regret ever having to mess with Sylphiel in the first place! Do you hear me?!
Hee. Hee. Hee. You're not the type of human who gets frighten so easily, aren't you human? Naturon said to him as he started to hold up two sphere of dark energy in both of his hands while flying towards the young man's direction at a great speed. Very well then. Let's get this battle underway, shall we?
My thoughts exactly! Miguel shouted to the Monster as he started to charge towards him with two flaming fists. Now let's just shut up and fight!

**********************************************

As she saw that the black hole have resealed itself, Sylphiel started to scream to the top of her lungs while reaching with her hand, Miguel!
She then heard Zelgadis shouting to her, Naturon must've transported him into Sub-Space, Sylphiel! Miguel is trapped there without any chance of us getting to...
That was when Sylphiel heard the voice of Tails saying to the chimera, Aw! Don't sweat it, Stony! Now that Miguel is in a place where there are no innocent people to get in the way. With that out of his mind, there's no reason for him to hold back anymore. Soon, Naturon would be the one cowering in fear, not him.
Why is that, Mr. Tails? Amelia asked the two-tailed fox with a bit of confusion in her voice. What do you mean by...?
That was when the shrine maiden heard the voice of the blue hedgehog Sonic cutting off the princess's question by saying, What my bud Tails means, little girl, is that Miguel isn't the type of guy who just attacks a villain at full strength while in a huge city filled with a large number of innocent people who could get in the way.
The blue hedgehog's words caused Sylphiel to think for the moment before understanding what Sonic meant by what he said as she calmed down. Sonic, are you saying that Miguel wasn't really at his full power for when he faced Naturon before? the shrine maiden asked her blue hedgehog friend as the image of Miguel being in his ultimate form stirred in her thoughts.
If he was, this all would be over by now! Sylphiel heard the red echidna Knuckles shouting to her as he launched his huge fist towards the giant orihalcon golem as it crumbled into pieces of metal and dust.
Now that it's settled, let's turn our attention back to these huge guys before they turn us into squash! the shrine maiden heard Shadow shouting as she saw the black hedgehog starting to spin into a black ball and charged at one of the magic proof giants which soon was reduced to rubble.
While still being concerned about her human friend's safety, Sylphiel soon started to notice another one of the orihalcon golems starting to charge towards her with two more behind it. The shrine maiden then started to gather up all of her courage and started to concentrate on harnessing her own Chaos Energy as she slammed her hand towards the ground while she shouted, Aqua Tower!
Before she knew it, three huge pillars of water started to erupt from where the shrine maiden was standing and launched themselves towards the three giant soldiers of metal like projectiles. The golems were soon reduced to another piles of rubble after the triple water pillars collided with them. When she started to wipe off the sweat from her forehead, Sylphiel soon turned her attention back towards Zelgadis and Amelia who were looking at her with astonishment and amazement expressions on their faces.
Miss Amelia? Mr. Zelgadis? the shrine maiden asked her two friends as they continued to look at her, Are the two of you alright? Why are you two looking at me like that?
Of course we're fine, Miss Sylphiel! Amelia said with a shocked tone that matched her face's expression. It's just that what you and your animal friends just did is pretty amazing and impressive!
We're even impressed by how you were able to take out the orihalcon golems with your Aqua Tower technique! Zelgadis added with the same tone and expression. I didn't think that magical power would be able to reduce them to piles of rubble that easy!
That was when Sylphiel started to hear the voice of Sonic starting to say to her as the blue hedgehog was coming towards her direction, Whoa! Wait a minute! Sylphiel, what did that guy made of stone mean by when he said that magical power won't work on those big boulder-headed robotic guys that we'd just turned into rubble just now?!
Hey now just a minute, blue boy! Sylphiel heard Zelgadis yelling to Sonic with a rather offended and annoyed tone of voice. For you information, my name is Zelgadis and, secondly, what I mean is that those giant golems that you and your friends just trashed are made with orihalcon: a metal that can repel any type of magic spell. When I saw Sylphiel launched that Aqua Tower attack of her's, I thought that what I saw was an illusion!
Well, now that both sides know this much, the shrine maiden heard Shadow the Hedgehog saying as he finished with the last group of metal giants, now is the time for a guy like you to learn that in order for Sylphiel to use that attack, she needs to draw upon the power of the Chaos Emeralds in order to use is.
Chaos Emeralds?! You mean you strange guys know about those gems?! Sylphiel heard her friend Amelia shouting to the Mobians. Miss Sylphiel had said that name when Naturon had shown her the green emerald that's on his forehead.
Well, let's just hope that Miguel is doing as great a job as we did with these golems, Knuckles said as the red echidna started to march towards the group while dusting both of his gloved hands. Because I'm feeling the Chaos Emerald that's on that guy's forehead continuing to grow out of control from wherever place that the two of them are in now.
Are you joking? Zelgadis responded. A kid like Miguel wouldn't stand a chance against a Monster like Naturon who now possesses one of those powerful 'Chaos Emeralds' on his forehead and is now in Sub-Space where he has the advantage!
I wouldn't start worrying about Miguel's safety, Tails said to the chimera as the young two-tailed fox landed near Sonic and Shadow. All of us had saw how strong he can be against every enemy that tries to use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to conquer both our worlds. Every opponent that he's faced is stronger with each battle he fights along with us as well as Sylphiel. Both she and Miguel proved to be great warriors since their first battle with Nightmare Parasite.
Then what Miss Sylphiel was telling both me and Mr. Zelgadis a while ago about her adventures is true after all! Amelia was shouting as she turned and looked at the shrine maiden with starry-eyed look on her face. If that's the case, then Miss Sylphiel, is it really true that...?
The princess's words were soon cut short for when a sudden eruption of heat and vibrations from the earth below started to warm and shake up the area that they're all in. Hoo, boy! This room sure got hot in here all of a sudden! Sylphiel heard Sonic saying as his voice vibrated along with the ground, Does anyone ever heard of air conditioning around here and what's with the earthquake all of a sudden?
I don't think that this is just some kind of heat wave and after shock that just happened to appear out of nowhere, Sonic! Shadow replied with a shaken voice as he looked around the throne room. I'm sensing a great disturbance that's caused by a lot of Chaos Energy! I'm betting that it was that Monster's doing!
It must've been some interference coming from sub-space! Zelgadis said with a bit of an excited tone in his voice. Whatever is causing this weird surge of energy is the source of the powerful the heat and the shaking that's being caused in this room!
It must be Miguel and Naturon's battle, everyone! Tails shouted to everyone in the room. The power coming from those two must be very intense in order to create interferences this powerful! I couldn't tell if it was coming from either Miguel or from the Chaos Emerald that Naturon has on his forehead! If this keeps up, then this entire city could be in trouble!
But Miguel couldn't have emitted this much power all at once for him to attack Naturon! Sylphiel shouted as she turned towards the group while feeling a bit shaken by the vibrating ground. It couldn't have been him!
I'm going to have to agree with both you and Tails on this one, Sylphiel! Knuckles said as he started to glide up in the air while trying to speak properly. The power I'm sensing is growing too out of control for it to be harnessed even by that Monster, Naturon, to control!
It could be enough to destroy this entire planet! Shadow shouted. If Miguel doesn't put in end to that battle soon, then this could mean the end for this world!
With those words said and done by the black hedgehog, all Sylphiel did at the moment was stand still and feel the earthquake raising with greater intensity as it continued to rumble. She was then dragged on the arm by the grip of Amelia strong hand as she was pulled from inside of the palace.
Come on, Miss Sylphiel! We have to go! the princess shouted to the shrine maiden. If we stay here, we'll get crushed!
As Sylphiel was being dragged by her friend's grip, she started to think to herself, Miguel, please be alright. If anything were to happen to you, I don't know how I would be able to handle it. I've loss too many people that I cared about to lose another person in my heart. Please win. For me and for this world.
Before she realized what was happening, the shrine maiden soon noticed that she in the front gates of that's outside of the royal palace along with both the Mobians and two of her friends. What's going on? Sylphiel asked as she looked at her friends. Why are we all outside...?
Before she could finish her question, Sonic started to say to her, Now is not the time to be asking questions, babe! We have to get to higher ground in order to avoid the collision of the great Chaos Energy being emitted by the battle!

******************************************

In Sub-Space, the battle between both Miguel and the Monster, Naturon, has barely begun. As soon as his Volcanic Fist attack collided with the dark energy sphere, the explosion created by the two assaults was so incredible that it caused the two of them to fly away from each other. When they were about two miles away from each other, Miguel started to run towards Naturon again as soon as he landed on the ground.
Let's see if you can handle this, Naturon! Thunder Kick! Miguel shouted as he started to fly towards the Monster and aimed his electrified leg towards his opponent.
When his attack collided with the Naturon's body, the two of them soon started to crash into the nearest boulder that was slightly tilted. As he backed away from his opponent in the hole, Miguel started to shout to the Monster, Come on! Get up, Naturon! I know that you can't be defeated by that attack so easily! Get up now, you coward!
In response to his words, he heard Naturon starting to chuckle as he started to come out of the piles of rubble while being surrounded by an electric current. Hee! Hee! Hee! You don't disappoint very easily, do you human? Naturon replied to Miguel as he stopped walking towards him. Very well then, it's time that we bring our battle up a bit, shall we?
After those words were said by the Monster, Miguel soon started to see the emerald on his opponent's forehead starting to grow brighter than it did before. What the..?! Is that Monster out of his mind?! he thought to himself as he just stared at Naturon. That's way too much energy for the Chaos Emerald to be emitting! If this keeps up, then...
Naturon! Stop gathering energy from the Chaos Emerald! Miguel shouted to the Monster as he looked on with a bit of fear inside of him. If you keep that up, the emerald would grow too out of control for you to handle and then it would..!
I don't need your opinion on how to control this new found power, human! Naturon shouted to him with an annoyed and angry that almost sounded insane. But having heard you saying the gem's name is rather interesting! Do you think that you can tell me of its secrets so that I could harness its power properly?
Not a chance, dirtbag! Miguel shouted in response to the Monster while powering up his fist with hot flames. You're going to have to fight me if you want them so badly!
Very well, human, if you insist then I will grant your request and allow you to perish by my hand! Naturon replied with a sinister grin on his face as he looked at the human with his yellow cat-like eye. I will also take in the pleasure of seeing you suffer from the injuries inflicted by my incredible attacks that are being increased by the 'Chaos Emerald's' power with every second that passes! Now prepare to die!
With that shout, Miguel saw Naturon soon started to charge towards him at a speed that's so incredible, that it almost like being charged at by Sonic the Hedgehog. He barely avoided the high speed strike as the Monster rushed past his left, nearly cutting a part of his white shirts short sleeve. Miguel then started to stare at Naturon's glowing form as he carefully watched to see the Monster's next move.
Whoa! That was close! Miguel thought to himself as clenched onto his left shoulder while seeing a bit of blood coming out of it. Naturon nearly sliced me in half with that attack of his and the surroundings all around him is being affected by his very presence! I have to stop him right here and now before either he or the Chaos Emerald on his forehead destroy this world along with the people on it!
After finishing his thoughts are finished, Miguel started to concentrating all of his body's Chaos Energy in order to launch another Volcanic Fist attack. He then started to charge towards the Monster, whose power is growing out of control with the Chaos Emerald.
Hee! Hee! Hee! Naturon chuckled before he started to speak to the young human who was charging towards him again. Do you really think that the same attack would help change the outcome of this battle?! I am far too powerful for a human like you to handle! Not even the Gods or the Monsters could stand up or even think of opposing me!!
Don't think that what you've just seen was my true power, Naturon! Miguel responded to the Monster as his voice echoed throughout Sub-Space while closing in on the Monster. You'll soon find out that I'm more than you can handle! Now take this, demon!!
With those words said, Miguel soon started to slam his flaming fist at the ground near Naturon's feet while shouting at the top of his lungs. Lava Tower! he shouted the name of one of his newly gained attacks that he learned during his adventure with the shrine maiden along with the rest of his friends.
A moment later, his fist soon started to shoot off a powerful stream of fire towards the ground near Naturon. What in the world...?! shouted the Monster before he was engulfed in a pillar of what appears to be intense magma raising from the earth below.
As Naturon entire being was engulfed by the pillar of lava, Miguel soon started to back away and prepared himself for another appearance by the Monster. Good thing the Lava Tower was able to immobilize Naturon as it did, he thought to himself as he breathed in for air while watching the fiery pillar. But I don't think that it would be able to hold him in there forever. There's got to be some way for me to take that Chaos Emerald on his forehead without me causing a chain reaction that could cause an explosion. What should I do to...?
Miguel's thoughts were soon cut short by the echoing screams of Naturon coming from the Lava Tower that he created. Suddenly, he saw the large pillar of hot magma disintegrated from existence as it revealed a the Monster surrounded by the remains of the powerful fire attack. Miguel heard Naturon screaming at the top of his lungs in pain as the young human saw the Chaos Emerald glowing with a more powerful light than it emitted before.
DAMN YOU, HUMAN!! Naturon shouted to him with an echoing and towering voice as Miguel noticed the aura around the Monster's body growing bigger and wider by the minute. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I WOULD ALLOW YOU TO GET AWAY WITH LAUNCHING A POWERFUL ATTACK LIKE THAT AT ME?! I'LL MAKE YOU WISH THAT YOU HAVEN'T IN THE FIRST PLACE!! PREPARE TO FACE THE FLAMES OF ETERNAL TORMENT!!
With those words said and done, Miguel soon started to see Naturon being surrounded by intense flames that soon went to his hands in the shape of spheres. The Monster, with his angry cat eyes aimed at him, threw the fire balls at the human at ramming speed. Miguel started to run and avoid each of the balls of fire that were being thrown at him while moving his feet at great speed. When he saw the fireballs collided with the ground near him while dodging them, Miguel felt intense heat coming from the embers of the bursting flames as the earth beneath him shook with intense magnitude.
Damn! At this rate, Naturon will be able to get me with those attacks eventually! he thought to himself as the another barrage of fireballs tried to hit him as he dodged them. There's no way that I'll be able to take him out in my current state! If only I had a Chaos Emerald I would be able to power up into my Chaos Form! But don't have one right now and I'm going to have to rely on what I can do! I just hope that Sylphiel and the others are alright from the outside of this place and are able to recover a bit from Naturon's attack. As for me though...
Naturon! I have a challenge for you! Miguel shouted towards the attacking Monster as he began to power up all of the Chaos Energy into his hand for one finally assault. If you could manage to overpower me with all that you got, then my life is your's to take! But fail, and the same result for me goes to you!
That was when Naturon started to chuckle in response to Miguel's challenge. Hee! Hee! Hee! You're a very special type of human being in order to stand up to me like that! The very same should be said about that shrine maiden friend of yours, Miss Sylphiel, the Monster said to him with a calm voice as while forming a smile on his sinister looking face. The two of you would dare to challenge me even though that I could easily wipe you out of existence with but a mere thought, thanks to the powers of this 'Chaos Emerald' on my forehead?
Why don't the both of you instead join me and together we could rule not only this entire world, but the entire universe as well? It's clear to me that, from my battles with the two of you, both you and the shrine maiden are far more superior than your other comrades. With our combined might, we could stop the war of both the Gods and the Monsters that has been raging on for countless millennia and both you and your female friend could spend the rest of your long lives together in complete happiness while ruling...
Forget it, Naturon! Miguel responded loudly while cutting off the Monster's speech as he continued to fill up his fist with extremely powerful flames. What's happiness worth if it's only going to make other people suffer?! That's the one thing that Sylphiel has always detested the most! Also, what you're about to do to these people is stripping away their freedom! Everyone, including both the Gods and the Monster, has to choose whether they want to be controlled by a tyrant like you or not! You can't just take away their freewill and do whatever you want! So if you believe that you could just bribe both me and Sylphiel into joining you, then you got another thing coming!
(Sigh) It's really quite a shame, Naturon said to him as he started to gather another sphere of dark energy within his hand. If you had chosen to join me, both you and Sylphiel could've guaranteed yourselves long and happy lives. But now that you decided to oppose me, then I am left with no choice but to accept your challenge!


With those words said, Miguel saw Naturon flying towards him at an incredible speed once again with the powered-up dark ball of energy in his hand. As he too was readying with his own powered-up fiery fist attack, Miguel was charging towards the Monster with a great speed.
Volcanic Fist! Miguel shouted as he threw his balled up hand towards the Monster attack which is flying towards his direction.
As both he and Naturon started to closed in towards each other with intense speed, their two powerful attacks collided with one another, creating an explosive amount of Chaos Energy as a result of the colliding attacks.
Damn! This guy's strong! Miguel thought to himself as he continued to push his fist towards the Monster. With the power of the Chaos Emerald at his disposal, there's no way that I would be able to hold out against Naturon's attack for much longer! But if I don't keep on going, then...
That was when Miguel's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden force of Naturon's human shaped hand pushing the dark sphere of energy towards him a bit harder than it did before.
Hee! Hee! Hee! Now that a human like you has proven to be too weak to serve as the most powerful General of this entire universe, the Monster to Miguel as the human saw Naturon looking towards him with those yellow cat-like eyes like an animal looking at its prey, the time has come for you to suffer the fate that you promised to deliver to me. Now be gone, human!
With Naturon's words said and done, Miguel was soon being enveloped in a blanket of intense flames that was coming from his own fist as it joined along with the dark energy of the attacking Monster's powerful assault. Before he knew what was happening, Miguel soon found himself being throw away by the strong force of Naturon's attack as he was feeling the intense heat of his own attack surrounding his entire body. He then felt himself colliding with the nearest boulder that was in the dimension that he was in.
As he felt himself losing conscious by the minute along with his vision by the pain that he was feeling, Miguel did his best to get himself off of the rocky wall that he was imprinted in, but it was no use. The human then heard the taunting chuckle of Naturon as he felt the Chaos Energy within both the Monster's body and the Chaos Emerald growing stronger again.
Hee! Hee! Hee! What a complete waste of flesh and bones, Miguel heard Naturon saying to him through the near blackness of his mind with a gentleman's tone of voice, although in his case that would not mean that it's a good sign. And here I was trying to make both you and that girlfriend of your's into two of the most powerful beings in the universe.
If you would've agreed to join forces with me, you wouldn't be dealing with the pain that your feeling at this moment. Now you're just some lowly life form who is barely trying to keep himself alive just so that he could still try to oppose me. But now that I've seen what you're really capable of, I have to get out of Sub-Space in order to finish off the shrine maiden and the rest of your pathetic friends.
When he heard those words coming from the Monster's mouth, Miguel began to struggle, trying to get himself off of the huge boulder that he was embedded to. That was when he felt the energy within his body starting to give out on him and he was feeling his consciousness slipping away from him.
Hee! Struggling won't do you any good, boy! Naturon said to Miguel in the near blackness of his mind as the human continued to get himself off of the boulder. Do you really think that you would be a match for me in your current condition? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment to keep with those other fools, whom you called friends.
But don't worry, when I'm done with them, I'll bring them all back here for all of their bodies to rest in. A perfect tomb for fools who think that they can oppose Naturon Gaav! The most powerful Monster in all of the entire universe! Ha! Ha! Ha! So goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish like you! Oh, and I'd better find your body motionless for when I return! It'll save me the trouble of having to take your life myself! Ha! Ha! Ha!
When the Monster was finished saying his speech, Miguel started to push himself even harder in order to try to stop Naturon from returning to the place where Sylphiel and the rest of their friends were. No!.....I've...got to...stop...Naturon..., he thought to himself as the human started to lose himself to the darkness of his mind while feeling the large increase of Chaos Energy starting to build up from where the Monster was standing. I've got to....keep him...from...getting out...of Sub-Space...before he....hurts....my friends...and....Syl...phi...el....
With the last of his strength diminished, Miguel soon found himself losing to the darkness of his mind as it enveloped him into unconsciousness.

***************************************

Outside of Sub-Space, as she was running outside of the royal palace of Seyruun along with her friends, Sylphiel suddenly felt a sudden jolt from her heart as she stopped and turn her sights back towards the royal building while ignoring the disturbances that started to calm down a bit.
(Gasp!) This feeling in my heart,
she thought to herself as she placed her hand on her chest as she looked back towards the castle. It feels as though someone has pierced it with a needle. Something terrible must've happened to Miguel! But the question is what happened...?
The shrine maiden's thoughts were then cut off by the voice of her friend, Amelia saying to her with a bit of concern. Miss Sylphiel, what is it? the princess said as she looked at Sylphiel. Why did you stop running and turned back towards the palace? You looked as though something bad has happened back over there.
That was when Sylphiel started to hear the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog saying to little girl as the shrine maiden saw that the blue hedgehog was being accompanied by the rest of his friends, I think that I know what's up with Sylphiel, Amelia. She must be feeling the same thing that me, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow have felt. Right guys?
I agree, Sonic, Tails said as the young fox nodded along with his other two friends and started to turn his attention towards the shrine maiden. Sylphiel, something terrible has happened to Miguel, hasn't it?
Sylphiel responded to Tails question by only nodding her head. Well, that definitely explains why there hasn't been any further disturbances from Sub-Space, she suddenly heard the voice of Zelgadis saying to the group. This could mean that something bad has happened to the kid while he was fighting with Naturon. He could be...
What does a guy like you know, Stony? Shadow the Hedgehog said to the chimera as he cut off his sentence while looking at the stone shaman with a sort of menacing looking expression that Sylphiel still hasn't quite gotten used to since the day that they met. Miguel has faced much tougher opponents than that Monster.
I'm afraid I have to agree with the moving statue on this one, Shadow, Knuckles the Echidna said to the black hedgehog. I can't seem to feel any trace of Miguel's Chaos Energy from the place that he was fighting Naturon in. Either he just fell unconscious by one of that guy's sneak attacks or he could be...
That was when the shrine maiden started to respond to both Zelgadis and Knuckles's words by saying to them with a upset tone, The two of you are wrong! Miguel could've fallen that easy by one of Naturon's attacks! It just couldn't be true!
As she was waiting for one of her friends to reply to her words, Sylphiel suddenly heard the voice of someone that she hadn't hoped to hear from again. Well, I have to agree with your two friends on this one, Miss Sylphiel, Naturon's voice responded to the shrine maiden as she looked around frantically to see where the Monster came from.
Guys, look over there! the shrine maiden heard Sonic's voice shouting to everyone as she looked at his direction and saw him pointing to the direction where she was looking at before.
Before she realized it, Sylphiel was staring at the Monster that had attacked her before the arrival of Miguel and his Mobian friends. The Monster that still had the Chaos Emerald on his forehead that allowed him to increase his power by ten fold. As she looked around the place where Naturon was standing, Sylphiel soon started to realize that Miguel, the human who became her friend and saved her from Naturon's wrath, was no where to be found.
What do you mean by that, Naturon?! the shrine maiden found herself shouting to the Monster, who was floating nearly above their heads, with a bit of anger in her voice. And what have you done with Miguel?! Tell me where is he and what has happened to him!
Hee! Hee! Hee! Quite demanding for a gentle shrine maiden, aren't you, Miss Sylphiel? Naturon responded to Sylphiel with a small chuckle that didn't seem to contain fear in it. If you want to know what became of that human boy, miss, well then let me ask you this: what fate befalls upon someone who is foolish enough to think that he could ever hope to defeat me?
As the Monster started to chuckle with his evil laugh, Sylphiel soon found her body trembling to the ground with dread in her heart as the thought of her friend being killed at the hands of Naturon suddenly floated in her mind. While feeling tears starting to come out of both of her eyes, Sylphiel soon started to hear the voices of Sonic starting to say to the Monster with a voice of angry in his voice.
Now you've gone too far, Naturon! the blue hedgehog shouted to the Monster. It's one thing that you attack me, but when you killed one of our friends, you've just crossed the line!
He's right, freak! the shrine maiden heard the voice of Knuckles joining in on the conversation. Miguel has defeated a sorcerer that's far more powerful than you could ever be! So what chance that you have against the four of us!?
I'm with Knux! Sylphiel heard Tails voice shouting with the same tone of voice as his two other friends. Do you really think that the four of us are just going to let you get away with what you just did to our friend, Monster!?
Now is the time for the four of us to make you to pay for what you did to Miguel, Naturon! Shadow the Hedgehog shouted to Naturon as with the same tone of anger in his voice. You'll soon be sorry that ever thought of killing him in the first place, you freak!
A moment has past since Sylphiel heard the voice of the four Mobians giving Naturon each a piece of his own mind. That was when the shrine maiden suddenly heard the voices of the both of her friends, Amelia and Zelgadis, joining in with the four friends from the a planet that's different from Miguel's world while hearing the sound of a sword being pulled from its hilt.
Those talking animals are right, Monster! Amelia began to shout with an angry tone along with the one that she uses in one of her usual justice speeches. You have no right to take the life someone who is obviously more powerful than you! Mr. Miguel was a true person of justice who stood up to you so that he wouldn't see his friends as well as the people of this city, suffer at your hands! So in order to avenge the person who stood up to you, a hero who truly stands up for justice, I, Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun, am going to punish you with the Hammer of Justice!
I agree with Amelia for once, Monster! Zelgadis joined in with the princess's loud words. I, for one, don't personally know that guy, Miguel, but at least he was brave enough to stand up to a Monster like you, Naturon! Now prepare to die!
In response to her friends threats, Sylphiel heard the Monster laughing that's loud enough to be an echo as she felt the Chaos Energy within both his body and the Chaos Emerald on his forehead. This made the shrine maiden starting to burn up with anger building up inside of her body as she heard Naturon responding to all of her friends' words.
Hee! Hee! Hee! All of you mortals are very foolish! Naturon said to them with a booming voice as his Chaos Energy continued to rise even higher. You would dare to challenge me even though I could crush you with but a mere thought?! Ha! All of you are almost as foolish as that human boy that I have eliminated a while back! Only that he was more foolish for ever thinking that he could ever defeat me in battle! Ha! Ha! Ha!
That was when Sylphiel started to pick herself from the ground as she continued to hear the horrible laugh coming from Naturon's mouth. Before she even knew what she was doing, the shrine maiden soon found herself holding up the powerful flame sword technique that she had used in the past in order to defend herself. Sylphiel then started to charge towards Naturon without listening to the pleading words of her friends as she closed in on the Monster.
Foolish girl! the Monster shouted to her as Sylphiel saw him raising his arm and pointing his index finger at her direction. Do you really want to die sooner?! If that's the case, I should allow you to have the honor in..!
Before Naturon could have the chance to finish, Sylphiel started to shout out the two words of the technique that allowed her to freeze time around her and travel through time and space. Chaos Control! the shrine maiden shouted as she soon found herself being surround by emerald light while time all around her surroundings as well as the people froze still. Then, as she neared the Monster, Sylphiel started to slash her flaming sword blade towards Naturon's right arm and started time all around her again.
When time around the shrine maiden restarted itself, she turned around towards the Monster's direction and saw the right arm of Naturon beginning to fall off of his body as it disappeared from sight. The Monster screamed in pain and frustration as he used his left arm to hold onto the large wound that started to delude what appears to be black type blood coming out of it. That was when Sylphiel started to hear the voices of her friends as they all gasped in surprise and shock from what they just saw.
Whoa! Sonic, did you see what Sylphiel just did while attacking Naturon?! Shadow said as his voice was filled with amazement.
I did, Shadow! Sonic responded to his companion with the same tone in his voice. Sylphiel just used the Chaos Control on Naturon! Just how in the world did she learn to use it that fast?!
Forget about how fast she'd learned it! she heard the voice of Amelia shouting to the two hedgehogs. What I want to know is how she learned it to begin with! That kind of technique could be really hel...!
The princess's words were soon cut off by the chimera as he said to everyone, Now is not the time to start talking about this! There's this matter of...!!
Before Zelgadis could even finish his sentence, Sylphiel heard the angry cries of Naturon shouting to her as she turned towards his direction and saw the mad and insane expression on his face.
You dare to strike me, human!? the Monster said as the powerful battle aura around his body started to grow bigger and stronger while regenerating his right arm as the ground around them started to shake like an earthquake. Now you and your friends will pay and learn what it means to defy the will of Naturon Gaav!! All of you prepare to die!!
With those words by the Monster finished, Sylphiel started to feel the earth beneath shaking at a high intensity. She then turned her attention towards Naturon and saw him charging at her at ramming speed. As the shrine maiden dodged the fast attack, she soon started to charge, with her Flaming Sword in hand, towards the Monster and tried to do the same maneuver as she had done with him before. But before she could start to say the words that could activate the powers of the Chaos Control, Sylphiel saw a dark sphere that came from Naturon's regenerated hand that shot out from his palm quicker than her eye could see. The energy sphere had hit her right in the chest and caused her to fly away from the Monster while almost losing consciousness.
When the shrine maiden felt something colliding with her back, she felt that it wasn't a hard stone wall that stopped her from flying. That, and the fact the wall wouldn't have arms to hold onto her in order to keep young woman on her feet. As she tried to turn to whoever it was that caught her, Sylphiel soon started to hear the voice of the red echidna saying to her in a stern voice while trying to stop the world from spinning.
Sylphiel! What you did just now is just plain reckless! Knuckles said to her as the shrine maiden started to regain her sight while still feeling the affects of Naturon's attack. You could've at least waited until all of us had come up with a plan in order to take down this Monster! You just can't rush into battle like that just so that you can get revenge for what happened to Miguel! You could've gotten seriously hurt you know! Doing things like that could've also gotten you killed if I hadn't been there to catch you! Now that's something that I know Miguel wouldn't want to happen!
When she heard those words coming from the echidna's voice, Sylphiel soon began to cry with tears coming up her eyes as she started to cover her face from anyone's view. But before she could have the chance to say anything to Knuckles, the shrine maiden soon started to hear the cries of the rest of her friends shouting in pain. Then she heard the voice of Naturon shouting to all of them as it echoed throughout the entire area they're in.
Yes, you fools! Scream! the Monster shouted as the as he laughed out loud with an insane tone in his voice. Let all of the screams of pain and suffering come out of your mouths! Let them become part of my power! Let them be fuel so that I could rule this entire planet! Ha! Ha! Ha!
In a hundred years, we would! the shrine maiden heard the voice of the chimera shouting towards Naturon with angry in his voice as she heard him chanting a spell for the Dug Haut.
Then suddenly, just as Sylphiel was wiping the tears away from her eyes in order to see what was happening, she saw the blue hedgehog, Sonic, landing on the ground near her's and the red echidna's feet. She then looked at the direction from where he was flying from and saw that all of her friends were holding out as best as they could against the insane Monster, Naturon. She then saw the black hedgehog, Shadow, running around the Monster in a circle in order to hold Naturon in place.
Guys! Hurry up and get away while I try to hold this Monster up a bit! Shadow shouted as the shrine maiden saw that his spinning maneuver was creating a cage that kept the mad Monster from escaping. I don't know how long that I would be able to hold out on trying to keep Naturon from attacking us! Just get together and come up with something that could put this freak down for the count!
Okay, Shadow! You don't need to tell me twice! Sylphiel heard Sonic responded to Shadow as she saw the blue hedgehog picking himself off of the ground and turning towards both Sylphiel and Knuckles. Sylphiel! Knux! I want the two of you to do the best as you can to help Shadow to re-enforce the defense around Naturon as best as you both possibly could while the rest of us try to come up with a plan in order to take this freak out!
We gotcha, Big Blue! the shrine maiden heard the red echidna respond to Sonic as she saw that the red echidna was starting to run towards Naturon's direction and began to shout to her. Sylphiel, what in the world are you waiting for?! Come along and help me and Shadow hold onto Naturon while Sonic and the others try to think of a way to get rid of this guy!
In response to Knuckles's words, Sylphiel started to go with the red echidna towards the direction where Shadow was trapping the Monster Naturon. She then started to take out the magic rod that her father had given her for when he was still alive and began to concentrate all of her magic to the conductor in order to create a field of energy for a Protection barrier that soon started to surround the ground where Naturon was standing. The shrine maiden saw Shadow escape the field just in time before it appeared. She then felt the large gloves of the Knuckles being place on her hands and felt the echidna's own Chaos Energy starting to flow from his own body.
Just hold on tight, Sylphiel! Knuckles said to the young woman as she continued to keep hold of the spell. We need to buy the others some time to think of a way to destroy this Monster before this spell of yours is fully depleted of energy! I'm using some of my own Chaos Energy in order to help amplify the power of the spell!
And don't you or Knuckles start worrying about being attacked! Shadow's voice said as Sylphiel continued to hold onto the power of her Protection spell barrier. If Naturon has a few tricks that he might try to pull, I'll be the one to take them on and put them out!
The shrine maiden only nodded in response to the red echidna's words as the both of them continued to keep the Monster encapsulated as best as they both could.

******************************************

Meanwhile, being blinded by the dark recesses of his mind, Miguel felt his drained body still imprinted into the stone boulder of the dimension that Naturon had sent him, unable to move a muscle or do anything.
Augh! It's no use! he thought to himself as his unconsciousness started to engulf his mind with a shroud of timeless darkness. I'm too low on power in order to try to take on Naturon again. Even if I weren't out of strength, I'd still be no match for him. With that Chaos Emerald on his forehead, Naturon is unstoppable. There's no way to stop that Monster now!
Then suddenly, as if responding to Miguel's thoughts, a loud voice appeared out of the mind of the young human's head with a loud boom but with a gentle tone in it. The human that goes by the name of Miguel Angel Arias, the mysterious voice said to Miguel as it started to lower its tone a bit. There's no reason for you to give up all of your hope and lose to despair. Have you already forgotten what you experienced against your battles with the sorcerer Ixis and his creation, Nightmare Parasite?
Before he could ask himself who or what was speaking to him through his mind, Miguel finally recognized the voice as the one who had talked to him for when he first had his battle with the Chaos Clone: Nightmare Parasite.
Wait a sec. I remember you, Miguel thought in order to speak with whoever was talking through his mind. You're the one who helped me to extract the dark part of Sylphiel's soul for when it took over her body with the help of Nightmare Parasite. You also the very same being that gave me the Star Sword. But, why are you here in my mind now? Why do you even bother to speak to a life form that's as weak and pitiful as...
Silence! the ancient being's voice boomed in order to cut in on Miguel's telepathic words before it started to become gentle again. Don't speak so pitifully of yourself until I've had my say. Now, listen and pay close attention to my words, young human, for what I'm about to tell you hasn't been said, or rather, shouldn't have been said to any other life forms for many eons. Then, when I'm finished speaking, I'll let you decide if you want to choose to die in a pitiful place such as the one the Monster called Naturon has put you in. Is that understood?
(Sigh) Okay, whatever you say, ancient one, Miguel responded telepathically to the unknown being while trying to regain his some of his consciousness.
Good, young one, the wise voice of the ancient being said to the young human. Now listen very closely for what I'm telling you mustn't be repeated to anyone but the four Mobians as well as their companions, the Chaotix, the shrine maiden, and her most trusted companions. Amongst those companions is the sorceress who possesses the ability to call upon the powers of the Golden Lord of Chaos who rules this universal plane along with three others, but she could be trusted with the knowledge that I'm about to pass onto you. However, you must not yet reveal the identity of the being who told this to you. Do you understand?
Miguel only nodded his head weakly in response to the being's request. Now, the ancient voice began to say, are you familiar with the Chaos Emeralds?
Of course I am, the human responded with a bit of shock and curiosity in his mind's voice as if to wonder why his speaker would ask that kind of question.
Now here's a question that you could've been wondering: don't you ever wonder why those gems are ever brought into existence or why they're called the 'Chaos Emeralds' to begin with? the wise being asked Miguel with gentle tone in its voice.
Miguel was surprised and now even more curious as to why those questions were being asked right inside of his mind. Well, to be honest, the young human began as he tried to compose himself from being asked those questions, I've never really thought about why the Chaos Emeralds came into existence. In fact, I don't even know their true purpose of being all around the universe just to be used as weapons of mass destruction.
Miguel heard his ancient benefactor starting to chuckle a bit at the response that it heard. I'm afraid that you're a bit mistaken on what you just thought, young human, the wise voice said to him with gentle tone. The Chaos Emeralds were never meant for being used by life forms who would abuse their great energies to conquer their own worlds. No. Those mighty gems were created for a much greater purpose than what you thought. Did you and your friends noticed for when the energy from within the Chaos Emerald that's on the forehead of the Monster called Naturon was starting to grow out of control?
Well, as your friend Miles Tails Prower had said to you, the gem is starting to grow out of control because it was absorbing chaotic energy from a powerful source. Now think about the world that you and the Mobians are in now and the creator who made it as well as the Dark Lords and Gods of the universal plane.
As the human thought about what his mysterious visitor mean by what it said by those words, Miguel suddenly started to realize the meaning of his benefactor's words. Wait a minute! Are you trying to tell me that the energy that the Chaos Emerald is absorbing comes from the Lord of Nightmares herself?! Miguel thought in order to communicate with the ancient being. Well, I guess that it makes sense considering that she herself is the source of all Chaos.
Very good, young human, the ancient being responded to Miguel's thoughts. I take it that you're familiar with the history of the Four Worlds? I guess that it's time for me to tell you a little bit of the Lord of Nightmares's own untold history.
Many eons ago, about a hundred years after the birth of your planet Earth, the powers of Chaos was everywhere all throughout the cosmos. It once threatened to pollute entire galaxies and stars with its powerful blanket of mad power, almost bringing them on the brink of madness. Then, a being with an enormous amount of power beyond anything, even beyond that of the Lord of Nightmares herself, used up all of his energy and being in order to seal this threat away from the entire universe.


That is the same time for when the Chaos Emeralds came into existence and spread themselves throughout the entire cosmos. When I and my two other companions came into being at that very moment and learned of the powers of the emeralds true purpose, we'd dedicated ourselves into guarding these stones of Chaos from being misused so that this universe won't have to suffer a fate that has nearly brought the entire cosmos to extinction. A fate that is beyond that of being consumed by the Sea of Chaos. Many millennia later, when the Ice Age of your planet began, the three of us found the Star Sword and began our search for the one being who could harness its awesome power.
Wait a minute! What do you mean by that part? the human said to the ancient being telepathically. Just what do you mean by when you said that there is a fate that is far worse than that of being consumed by the Sea of Chaos? I don't get it.
Then allow me to enlighten you, human, the ancient being responded to Miguel question. Only the Dark Lord named Ruby Eye Shabranigdo and the Red Dragon God Ciepheid of this world know this knowledge and now I'm passing this knowledge onto you. You and the people of your planet know of the extinction of the large creatures that were born at the beginning of Earth's life cycle. The creatures that you know of as dinosaurs. This is what both the Gods and Monsters of the world that you and the four Mobians are in now feared: the total extinction of the world that they've spent numerous millennia fighting for.
Whoa! Wait! Let me get this straight, Miguel said telepathically as he tried to understand the information that his wise benefactor. Are trying to tell me that both Ciepheid and Shabranigdo are afraid of what the Chaos Emeralds would do to the planet that they've spent so countless millennia fighting for? And what about the Dark Lord Shabranigdo being afraid of setting off the Chaos Emeralds in the world that could be destroyed. I mean, he's tried to destroy the planet countless times already in order to send it to the Sea of Chaos, but the God, Ciepheid, always prevented him from doing so. Now that he's found something to overpower his rival with, the Dark Lord is afraid of what the gem might do if it's beyond his control. Now that's something that just doesn't make any sense and is hard to believe.
You see, young human,
the ancient being continued on with its explanation, the Gods of the Four Worlds wanted to prevent the worlds from going to the Sea of Chaos while the Monsters and Dark Lords tried to get them back into the place from whence they came. However, if any of the Chaos Emeralds were to be used in either of those universal planes, they would just continue to absorb the chaotic energies that's being emitted by the Golden Lord and would eventually bring the world that they're on to total extinction and nothingness. Shabranigdo knew that kind of fate for when he and Ciepheid first experienced the extinction of a world through his own eyes. He saw that the staff, which holds the universal plane to the Sea of Chaos, shatter and before long, that world soon, without the energy from the source of all Chaos, began to shatter and eventually came into extinction along with its inhabitants as well as the Gods and Monsters of that world without the hope of returning or being reborn from within the Sea of Chaos. That was the fate that Lord Ruby Eye feared the most for when he saw that event.
Now, no being has ever learned of this but at one time, for when the Golden Lord created the worlds from a part of her very being, there were once five universal planes instead of four. The lost forgotten plane had gone to extinction as a result of the beings' misuse and abuse of the Chaos Emeralds' incredible power. Only one God and Dark Lord had ever experienced the terror of what those powerful gems would bring if they were ever over or misused. They were both Red Dragon God Ciepheid and the Dark Lord Ruby Eye Shabranigdo. Ever since that horrifying event, the two adversaries only kept this event to themselves and didn't discuss with their other brethren for fear of the results that they would bring.
Then, a century after the destruction of the fifth universal plane, I and my two companions visited both Ciepheid and Shabranigdo individually and told them all about the true uses and purposes of the Chaos Emeralds. The three of us told them that the stones are meant to be used in order to absorb strong excess of chaotic energy from huge sources conducting the power so that they would wouldn't rage out of control and bring any universal plane that it's on to extinction as it did with the lost universal plane. The Chaos Emeralds were also meant to be used as tools that would help with the evolutionary process of every living thing across the entire cosmos as well as keep the balance between the powers of light and darkness.
We also explained to them that from outside of the Four Worlds, this extra energy from within the emeralds would be released harmlessly without raging out of control. But if the Chaos Emeralds were to ever be used from inside the universal planes of the Four Worlds, where the chaotic energies are much stronger, the emeralds would just keep feeding on this strong energy until their surfaces would burst and crack under the pressure of the Chaos Energy and eventually start to pollute and corrupt the plane with mad chaotic power. Both of the adversaries understood this and each made a vow to the three of us that they would never allow any of the Chaos Emeralds that could come from within or outside of the Four Worlds to ever be misused from within either of the universal planes so that they wouldn't have to suffer the same fate as the Forgotten Fifth World. Do you understand now?
I think that I'm starting understand, the human said to the wise being telepathically. Let me see if I get this straight. What you're telling me is that Shabranigdo understood what you meant for when you and your comrades told both him and Ciepheid about the true purposes for the Chaos Emeralds. The Dark Lord also knew the what would happen if those gems were ever misused from within the world that he's spent countless millennia fighting for. He would have as much to lose as Ciepheid if any Chaos Emeralds were ever used from within his world.
Not only that, but you also said that the Chaos Emeralds were meant to act as some sort of defense against any sources producing large amounts of Chaos Energy that could potentially grow too out of control for any being to handle. They would just absorb the excess power coming from that source and let it seep out harmlessly all throughout the entire cosmos so that it would help every universe keep balance with one another. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct, human,
the ancient being responded to Miguel. Now that the knowledge is clear to you, let us now talk about your present predicament.
Present predicament? What do you mean by...? the human said telepathically before the voice of his mind was cut off for when he realized what his ancient visitor meant. Oh, my God! Naturon! I almost forgot about him! I must've been knocked out for when he launched his attack towards me! I can't believe that I just wasted time just standing here feeling sorry for myself! Now this world, along with my friends, will soon be...!
Calm yourself, young human, the wise being said to him with a soft tone in its voice. There's no need for you to panic. I've pulled your mind and spiritual form from your physical body and took it into dimensional limbo so that could be able to speak with you without any outside interference. I also manipulated both time and space from within the dimension we're in now so that time from within the physical world would pause while we're in here having our chat, as you humans would put it.
After hearing what his benefactor have said, Miguel soon started to calm himself and suddenly realized what the ancient being meant by what it said. So you're telling me that time hasn't moved an inch from within the physical world since I've been unconscious here talking to you all this time? Well, that's a relief! This means that I still have some time left before that Chaos Emerald on Naturon's forehead explodes!
But wait, I still have a bit of a problem: how to defeat the Monster with the emerald in his possession at my current state. Now how am I suppose to...?
In response to his question, Miguel suddenly felt a powerful surge of energy bursting all around his body, giving him new strength and power. What in the world?! the human thought to himself as he started to feel his body starting to regain his former strength and power that he had lost with his battle with Naturon. I'm feeling new power and strength flowing inside of me. But how is this..?
I'm helping you get back on your feet by transferring a small portion of my power into your body, young human, Miguel heard the voice of the ancient being answering his questions. But it seems, however, that it starting to regain some of its former strength from before when you had your battle with the Monster Naturon. This is unlike anything that I have ever experienced. I guess that this is what you humans call a miracle.
I probably don't know what this is about, Miguel began to say while starting to feel the confidence that he had from before starting to resurface, but I'm glad that this happened because now I can deliver some payback to that Monster that beat the living daylights out of me from before! That Monster would be sorry that he ever decided to mess with me or either of my friends! That I promise!
Miguel suddenly heard the soft laughter starting to come from his mysterious visitor's voice before it started to speak with him again. Hee! You are one extraordinary human to ever be saying those words, young one, the ancient being began to say with a friendly tone. Not to mention the fact that you possess a soul that is pure of heart and whose spirit is unbreakable which can also be healed by the support of friends and family for if it ever did get broken. I can see now why the Star Sword has chosen you to be its rightful owner and how you were able to defeat powerful entities such as Ixis Naugus and the creature Nightmare Parasite.
Only you have the power that could put an end to Naturon's madness and bring this world back into order. I have complete faith that you would be able to stop this mad threat from ever happening. Go now and help your friends to put an end to Naturon's rampage and retrieve the Chaos Emerald from him before it's too late. Now I must bid you farewell and I wish you good luck for when you face the Monster again. Farewell, young human.
As a bright white light began to grow bright from within the darkness of his mind, Miguel started to shout to his ancient visitor telepathically as he was being blinded by the light's brilliance, Thank you for helping me get my confidence and spirit back by talking to me! But there's only two things that I need to ask of you before your departure! Do you think you could please give me a pile of fifty Power Rings for this battle?
I don't know what it is that you plan to do with those golden objects, young human, but I will grant your first request, the ancient being said to him. Now what is it your other request that you have in mind for me to grant?
Well, this request is rather a small one, wise one, Miguel telepathically said to his wise visitor with a bit of a smirk on his face. Do you think that you could start calling me by my first name from now on for when the next time that you appear before me? It's much more suiting to be called by my name other than being called just a human. And I would also like to know the name of the one who gave me back my fighting spirit.
Hmm. Very well, Miguel, the human heard the ancient voice of his benefactor responding to him as its voice began to fade away. If the last request that you expect from me is to call you by your name, the least I could do for you is to give you my identity. Just know me as one of the three ancient guardians of the Chaos Emeralds or Chaos Guardian, if you will. Now good luck with your battle against the Monster and restore balance to this world.
As soon as the voice faded from his mind, the light that was shining all around the darkness soon started to blind his eyes with a light that's bright enough for him to wake him up from his unconscious slumber as Miguel found himself back in the place for where he had fought with Naturon. As he pulled himself off of the huge stone boulder that he was imprinted in by the Monster a while ago, Miguel looked at himself and saw that his body along with his cloths wasn't singed a bit. He also saw, for when he searched his arms, were about what looked to him about twenty-five golden Power Rings hung around each of his arms: making them a total of fifty rings in all.
When he finally freed himself from the boulder, Miguel started to look around his surroundings and saw that he was in the same place that he was in from when he fought the Monster, Naturon: Sub-Space. Now I only have one more problem that I need to take care: like how to get out of this place. Naturon must've somehow sealed it shut with no effort at all. Considering that all of his newly increased strength is coming from a Chaos Emerald, that's not too surprising. If only I could somehow cut through the dimensional wall...
Miguel suddenly started to slap himself on the forehead for when he soon started to realize the answer to his current problem.
The Star Sword! Duh!
he thought to himself. Its blade could practically cut through any matter whether its metal, stone, or wood. It could also allow me to cut through the dimensional wall that Naturon has set in order to prevent me from escaping. Now all I have to do is to pull out the weapon and find the weakest point where I could use it in order to cut through the dimensional wall between here and the outside world. Alright here it goes.
With those words in his mind finished, Miguel started reach behind his back and pull out his huge mystic weapon: the Star Sword. When the blade materialized in his hands, the human soon started to close his eyes and started to use his mind in order to find the rip within the dimensional fabric of Sub-Space. A minute later, he soon felt a small and cool breeze coming up his neck that he hasn't felt for when he has his eyes open.
There it is! Miguel thought to himself as he started to open his eyes and turned towards the direction where he felt the breeze. He then started to charge towards that way at a great speed with his Star Sword in hand, readying it for a frontal slash towards the rip. When he slashed the sword's silver blade towards the air in the direction, a hole suddenly appeared out of the thin air of Sub-Space. The huge rip that Miguel created was big enough for the human to go through.
It worked! Miguel shouted to himself as he replaced the Star Sword back in its place on his back and started to run towards the dimensional hole.
When he got through the hole to the outside world, Miguel started to turn back to where the rip between Sub-Space and the real world is placed and saw that the hole was becoming smaller until it vanished completely. He then looked around the area of where he is and soon found himself staring in the throne room of the Royal Palace of Seyruun.
Good, this means that I'm back to the real world, Miguel thought to himself as he continued to look around the royal room for any surprises. Well, that depends upon who's point of view would look at this world as 'the real world,' so to speak. Anyway, where are all of the others? I hope that Naturon hasn't finished them...
His thoughts were soon cut short for when he heard the voices of both Sonic and Tails starting to talk to two of Sylphiel's friend, Amelia and Zelgadis. Miguel then started to run out of the throne room and traveled through the hallway until he reached the huge front door of the royal palace. As soon as he began to open the door, Miguel started to take a look through the small crack and saw what was happening.
What he saw was Sylphiel, along with his red friend Knuckles holding onto both of her arms, standing near a dome of energy while holding onto her priestess's rod in front of her. Miguel then noticed a small river of Chaos Energy crawling out from out of Knuckles' body and into the hands of the shrine maiden as she continued to hold onto the spell. As he was curious about what was inside of the energy barrier, that was when the human started to realize what was in the barrier that Sylphiel was trying to maintain.
That must've been Naturon that Sylphiel is trying to contain, Miguel thought as he continued to stare at the scene. Knuckles must be trying to help her to re-enforce the spell so that the Monster wouldn't try to escape. But I don't know exactly how long that barrier is going to last in order to keep Naturon all caged up. Sylphiel is already starting to feel a bit tired after feeling Naturon trying to pound his way out of the energy cage. I guess it's time for me to...
Before Miguel could finish his thoughts, he suddenly heard the voice of Shadow the Hedgehog as he turned towards the direction where it came from and saw the black hedgehog running towards his other two friends. At that moment, all the human did was stare and listened to what Shadow has to say as the scene in front of him starting to develop in front of his eyes while deciding when to make the black hedgehog's sudden appearance.

*******************************************

Meanwhile, Sylphiel along with the red echidna Knuckles, who was transferring his own Chaos Energy as support, continued to hold on her Protection barrier with her crystal orb scepter that held the mad Monster, Naturon, in his place. As her energy started to falter a bit, Knuckles started to say to her as he continued to hold onto her for support.
Sylphiel, just hold on a bit longer! the echidna said to the shrine maiden as he continued to hold onto her for support. We need to buy Sonic and the others more time in order to come up with a plan to take down Naturon!
Sylphiel only nodded in response to Knuckles's words as she continued to concentrate all of her energy on keeping her Protection barrier in place. That was when she started to feel a strong force coming from within the energy cage that she and felt another hard jolt hitting the barrier.
Just keep on holding the barrier, you two! Sylphiel heard the voice of the black hedgehog Shadow shouting to her and Knuckles as she kept on maintaining her spell. Sonic just told me that he, Tails, and Sylphiel's friends have come up with a plan that would be able to take down this Monster without harming any of the innocent lives in this city!
He says that when he gives the signal, Sylphiel should break her hold on the barrier in order to break the wall between Naturon and the Protection Spell! As soon as the barrier is down, all three of us should get out of the way as far as we can and let both Zelgadis and Amelia handle the rest!
Okay, Shadow! Sylphiel responded as she continued to hold onto the barrier that was starting to crack under the pressure of being pounded from the inside by Naturon.
The shrine maiden then tried to push all of the strength of her body into trying to maintain her Protection spell a little longer just when she saw that the Monster was starting to break through. As a crack on the shield started to appear from the barrier's surface, Sylphiel heard the tired grunts of Knuckles who, when she turned to see his face, looks like that he was over his limit.
Can't...keep this...up...much...longer! the red echidna said as he struggle to transfer every ounce of energy that he had left in his body to the shrine maiden. Almost...out of...energy! don't... know...how...much...longer..that...my...body...could...take! Augh! With those words done, Sylphiel saw Knuckles collapsing to the ground.
As soon as the red echidna was lying on the stone floor while breathing in for some air, the shrine maiden then started to hear the roar of the Monster, Naturon screaming in pain and insanity as he began to rip through a hole through the barrier that she was trying to maintain. Ahhh! Everyone! Naturon is starting to break through my Protection barrier! Sylphiel shouted to everyone in the area as she tried her best in order to maintain her spell. I can't seem to...be able...to hold...onto my...spell any...longer! Ahh!
A moment later, Sylphiel soon found herself starting to collapse towards the ground while being drained of all of her energy while letting go of her rod. That was when the shrine maiden started to breathe in and out in exhaustion as she saw her Protection spell barrier starting to shatter like glass. As soon as the energy barrier fully disappeared from sight, the Monster Naturon started to roar with anger and insanity as the aura of green energy around his body starting to grow out of control with energy and power.
A MERE HUMAN LIKE YOU HAS THE NERVE TO IMPRISON A POWERFUL MONSTER LIKE ME!? Naturon shouted to the shrine maiden as she saw that the Monster's body was starting to lose its human shape and form. THAT WAS THE LAST MISTAKE THAT YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS WILL EVER MAKE AGAINST ME!!! I WILL MAKE YOU FEEL PAIN THAT IS BEYOND IMAGINATION!! I'LL MAKE EVERY LIVING THING ON THIS WORLD SUFFER BEYOND...!!!
Before Naturon could finish the rest of his mad speech, Sylphiel saw the black hedgehog starting to moving around the Monster at a great speed. She then heard the voices of both of her friends, Amelia and Zelgadis, shouting to her and the two Mobians while the shrine maiden saw the two of them starting to charging towards her direction.
All of you get out of there now! Zelgadis said as he held what appears to be a golden Power Ring in his hand. Amelia and I are going to try to cast the Ra-Tilt on Naturon and blast the emerald out of his head right now!
Mr. Zelgadis is right, you three! Amelia added as she too was holding a golden ring in her hands. The blast that we're about to release is powerful enough to take out the astral bodies of about a hundred Monsters with the help of these Power Rings that Mr. Sonic gave us! All of you should get out of the way now!
Don't you two forget about me! Shadow the hedgehog said as Sylphiel started to see the black hedgehog running towards both the chimera and the princess's direction. There's no way that I'm just going to lay around and let you guys have all the fun!
Just before Sylphiel could start a protest, she immediately nodded in response to her two friends as she saw powerful spheres of blue energy starting to appear from both the human chimera and the princess's hands. She then began to crawl towards Knuckles without being told twice about what to do while feeling almost back to her normal self. When she finally reached the red echidna and grabbed a hold of his hand, the shrine maiden started to shout out Shadow's special ability as she held onto Knuckles's huge hand.
Chaos Control! Sylphiel shouted as both she and the echidna was being engulfed by emerald-green light as the two of them were being transported to a safe place away from the Ra-Tilt blast that was about to be fired by both Zelgadis and Amelia.

*********************************************

While near the huge doors of the palace's entrance, Miguel was still watching everything that has ever occurred since he had his chat with his ancient benefactor while his physical form was in Sub-Space. So far, the human heard both Sonic and Tails talk to both Zelgadis and Amelia what they planned to do while both Sylphiel and Knuckles did their best to hold the Monster Naturon in a Protection spell barrier while Shadow stood by as backup. When he heard the them talk about the most powerful spell in shamanistic magic: the Ra-Tilt, Miguel started panic a bit for when he saw Tails pull out a couple of golden Power Rings from his pack and handed them to the chimera and princess. He then started to calm down a bit for when he heard Zelgadis saying that the Ra-Tilt was able to only hit and cause damage to a Monster and does nothing to a human.
That was when Miguel suddenly began to turn his direction back to the shrine maiden and his two Mobian friends as he heard the mad shouts of the Monster Naturon screaming in anguish and insanity while he made his insane speech as the green energy aura surrounding his fading human body starting to grow bigger and stronger along with the Chaos Emerald on his forehead. Then he saw his black hedgehog friend Shadow starting to circle around the Monster containing him in his place and saw both Zelgadis and Amelia starting to jump towards Naturon's direction while warning Sylphiel, Knuckles, and Shadow to get away from the Monster. Miguel also heard the comments coming from Shadow the Hedgehog saying that he wouldn't allow both of the chimera and the princess to have all of the fun. Miguel then started to turn his attention back towards the shrine maiden and saw her grabbing onto Knuckles's hand as she shouted the two words for the Chaos Control ability.
At first, Miguel was a bit surprised that he saw Sylphiel was able to learn to use the Chaos Control ability so quickly as he saw her appearing next to both of his Mobian friends Sonic and Tails who were about hundred feet away from their three friends. The human then dismissed the thought as he soon began to hear the voices of both Zelgadis and Amelia starting to chant the words to the powerful shaman spell: the Ra-Tilt. Miguel then started to notice the Power Rings in the two's hands starting to glow as they chanted the final words to the spell while immediately glowing with green light. He also started to notice the Shadow starting to gather power within his hand and soon realized that the hedgehog was getting ready to launch his powerful Chaos Spear attack.
All Miguel did was watch the scene being played as he heard the shouts the three shouting the words for each of their own attacks.

*******************************************

Ra-Tilt! Sylphiel heard both Zelgadis and Amelia shouted in unison as they fired a powerful burst of energy from their hands and launched it towards Naturon.
Chaos Spear! Shadow the Hedgehog then shouted as he launched several dozen golden spears of energy towards the Monster.
As the shrine maiden watched the double Ra-Tilts and the numerous Chaos Spear attacks colliding with Naturon's shattering human form, she saw the Monster's body being engulfed by a ray blue light being joined with golden highlights. While watching the scene, Sylphiel then started to hear the voice of both Sonic and Tails saying to her as she let go of Knuckles's hand.
Sylphiel, the next time you decide to run off and attack a Monster like that, Sonic began to say to her with a stern tone of voice, but turned friendly a second later, please tell me all about it so that I wouldn't have to miss all of the action, okay?
Sonic, now is not the time to start arguing about that, Sylphiel heard the fox say as he began to chuckle a bit at what his blue friend said, What we should more worried about is if the combined power of those two Ra-Tilts blasts and Shadow's Chaos Spear are enough to knock the Chaos Emerald out of his body.
Tails is right on that, Sonic, Sylphiel heard Knuckles saying to Sonic as she turned towards his direction and saw him trying to get himself to his feet with an annoyed and angry look on his face. What made you two bet that the combined power of those two spells and Shadow's energy blasts could work on that Monster anyway?! That was an extremely dangerous gamble to bet on you know!
Well, not really, Knux, Sonic responded in order to calm the anger of his red hot companion a bit. You see, while you and Sylphiel were holding Naturon in that energy cage, Tails and I had a little chat with Sylphiel's two friends.
At first, they were asking a whole bunch of questions about what exactly are the Chaos Emeralds, but the two of us got them to calm down a bit in order to get them focused on how to deal with the Monster with the emerald. That was when the four of us came up with the plan of using the combination of the powers of the two's astral spells along with the powers of Shadow's Chaos Spear attack. We'd figured that the blast from the two Ra-Tilt spells and the Chaos Spear attack were enough to blast the Chaos Emerald out of the Monster's forehead without hurting any innocent people that could be in the area.
That was when the Sylphiel started to turn her full attention to Sonic and Tails. But how was it that both Miss Amelia and Mr. Zelgadis were able to get a hold of two Power Rings for when they've fired off their Ra-Tilts with such power, Sonic? she began to ask him.
Well, allow me to explain that, Sylphiel, Tails started to respond to the shrine maiden's question with a bit of a sheepish tone in his voice. You see, I always managed to keep a spare ring or two whenever Sonic or the others ever get in trouble for when they're in a tight pinch. On our planet, Mobius, Robo-Robotnik has been terrorizing us non-stop since he came into power. Now, however, since our little raids on his factories and planting that virus in his master computer, it'll be a while before he realizes what we've done and that we're gone from the face of the planet.
Well, at least that explains why Sonic or Tails isn't worried about any further interference from Robotnik, Sylphiel heard the voice of Shadow the Hedgehog respond as she turned to his direction and saw the black hedgehog along with her two friends Zelgadis and Amelia coming towards their direction.
I'll say, Shadow, the human chimera replied to Shadow's words, with the confidence that the blue guy is showing for when he told Tails to give me and Amelia one of each of those pair of Power Rings that the little guy gave us and allowed us to shoot out the Ra-Tilt with such powerful force, it's a wonder that it was able to work at all.
That's right, Mr. Zelgadis, Amelia added to the Zelgadis's words, In all of the days that both me and Mr. Zelgadis have fought along side with Miss Lina and Mr. Gourry, I have never felt power that is as strong as what I've felt just now! It felt incredible!
Well, all of us could talk all about it a little later, Knuckles responded with a now cooler tone of voice, right now, shouldn't we be focusing on Naturon who could come and attack us at any moment?
Oh, don't get your knuckles in a bunch, Knux! Sylphiel heard Sonic say as she saw the blue hedgehog slapping the echidna on the back. There's no way that Naturon could've survived a double spirit blasts along with Shadow's Chaos Spear! For all we know, his astral form could've shattered into a million pieces and the Chaos Emerald is now calm enough to...!
Before she could hear the last words come from the blue hedgehog's mouth, the shrine maiden suddenly heard a roar of pain and insanity coming from the place where she saw both Zelgadis and Amelia along with Shadow fire off their powerful attacks at the Monster. When she turned all of her attention towards the blast sight, Sylphiel soon found herself staring at the fading pillar of blue golden light and looking into the true form of Naturon Gaav appearing before her very eyes.

********************************************

While looking through the doors of the entrance to the palace, Miguel watched as the Monster, Naturon was revealing his true form to Sylphiel and all the others as the power aura around his being is growing bigger and stronger.
The Monster looked as though he were broken from the limbs of his body into five separate pieces. His head looked as though it were made to be a mask for a monster puppet from a cheap horror film that Miguel once saw as a child. The rest of Naturon's body was made to look like that of a over sized human skeleton that looked mutated with sharp claws and horns to top it off. The Monster's head has lost the wavyness of its hair and is replaced by an electric spiky style. There are wet sagging fangs that are sticking out of his mouth like a that of a vicious dinosaur, like the T-Rex. The only thing the hadn't changed a bit was the yellow cat eyes that Naturon was looking at his friends with as they eyed on them with that predatory look on his face.
Man, I guess that the plan that Sonic and Tails had planned with both Zelgadis and Amelia didn't work after all, Miguel thought to himself as he looked at the scene. I guess that with the power of the Chaos Emerald in his body, Naturon is able to withstand the full assault of both the double Ra-Tilt spells and Shadow's Chaos Spear attack. But that only caused him to lose his human form and made him uglier than he was before. Now how...?
That was when his attention was finally caught by the sound of the golden Power Rings that hung around his arms as he thought about his situation.
The Power Rings! Duh!
he thought, I could use the rings to absorb any powerful assault that Naturon would try to dish out! All I have to do is wait for the right time to jump in so that I could absorb some of the Chaos Energy that he took from the Chaos Emerald.
After finishing his thoughts, Miguel turned his attention back towards the scene that was developing and watched carefully as he waited for his time to make his move. But as he watched, Miguel soon started to take notice of a stream of blue energy starting to gather within the palm of his right hand. As the human wondered about this, he soon became aware that the energy stream was coming from outside the area from where both Amelia and Zelgadis along with Shadow fired off their attacks. While the energy continued to gather within his hand, Miguel soon started to see images of ancient text that appeared to be about hundreds of years old. He soon started to see that he could read the text as if it were written in plain English. Then, that was when it had dawned upon him that he just learned one of the most powerful spells in all of Shamanistic magic.
Did I somehow learn how to use the Ra-Tilt? Miguel thought to himself as he looked at his right hand and saw the energy that was in his palm vanish into his hand and into his own body. But, this couldn't be! How was it possible that I was able to learn all there is to know about how to use the Ra-Tilt in such a short amount of time? This just doesn't make any...!
The human's thoughts were soon cut short for when he heard the booming voice of the Monster Naturon starting to speak to his friends as Miguel turned his attention back towards the developing scene.

End of Part two