Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ A curse for the better? Or for the worse... ❯ The haunted house ride. Why am I still a CAT?! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A curse for the better? Or for the worse…

By: Dark fire angel

Val: *Comes in wearing a swim suit and carrying a towel, grins happily* Ha! ^-^ Peace and quiet at last.… *Puts the towel on the floor and lies down, trying to sun bath*

Xel: *Stares at him from a tree, then teleports down to him* Val? Maybe it's just me being overly curious but.… how do you intend to sun bath when it's the middle of the night in the middle of a forest? n.n;;

Val: *Blinks from under the sunglasses* …. *Sweatdrops* Erm.… that would explain why I couldn't get a tan *Sigh* >.< Damn it all!! *Glares, picking up the towel and storming off* No wonder DFA said I could take the rest of the day off to tan myself! She KNEW I couldn't! Wait till I get her!! *Can still be heard from distance*

Xel: *Sweatdrops slightly* I don't know whom is worse, Angel-san or Val-kun.… *Rolls eyes (Dun ask me how)* I suppose it's my turn to say the disclaimer then <.< *Coughs* Angel-san does not own the Slayers!! *Cheers, waving a flag that says `thanks the golden lord she dun', then coughs again* This story is half hers, half Rei-san's n_n *Shrugs and teleports away*

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ (I love haunted house rides ^-^ What about mina-san?)

After watching Zelas run into the haunted house, Dynast smiled, "Well…. if she runs, then I'll just teleport over!" he did so, and appeared in the cart just as the Beastmaster was jumping in, "I win, Zelas-CHAN!" beamed the black haired mazoku, "Now who said something about me being old? I still won!"

"You're out of shape, dynast -.-" was Zelas' reply as she sat beside him, "Can't even race against me normally," she looked at him and he only grinned as if saying `I still WON, now didn't I?'. The Beastmaster let out a sigh of despair, "You're impossible," she mumbled as she watched Dolphin and Phibby jump into the cart behind them.

The Hellmaster seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit, "Flame of living, flame of death!" he giggled as he clapped his hands. Dolphin nodded at him as he said this.

"Yes, the fishies say that this will be a chaotic ride!!" she gave him a close eyed smile, "And when the ride is finished Dolphin wants to go glomp the big fish!"

Filia sweatdroped as she sat next to Xel in the cart that was situated in front of Beastmaster's one, "Did I mention I'm kinda scared of ghosts?" she said as she rubbed the back of her head nervously, "I don't think I'm going to like this ride much, now am I?"

"Aww.… come on, Fi-chan! It's only a little good mazoku fun!" chirped the purple haired priest as he patted her on the back, making her sweatdrop a bit, "Plus, you can always close your eyes if things get worse than normal." He finished as he smiled. No longer had he said this when a puff of smoke suddenly surrounded the young dragon maiden, the moment it disappeared it left behind one VERY unamused drakitty, "I guess you're not cured!! n.n Oh well…. that only means more fun is up ahead!"

The silver haired lady twitched from her seat, "Why do I have to sit by Dynast?" She growled, "Why can't I sit with Dolphin? Or Phibs for that matter!! Anyone BUT Santa!!" she switched from her let's-glare-at-space plan to her let's-glare-at-Dynast plan.

The ice mazoku lord humphed and crossed his arms over his chest, "Stupid wolf.… why does she have to talk as if I were not present?" he grumbled as he tried to concentrate his attention on anything that wasn't his companion's glare and voice, "I'm so misunderstood.…"

"Hey!" yelled Phibby as he stood up on his cart, "Why is this thing NOT moving?!" he demanded, bouncing up and down as he looked at the blue haired girl beside him "I want it to move NOW!!"

Dolphin tilted her head to one side, "Fishies must not be ready.…" she suddenly smiled wide, "That's it! Dolphin says fishies must be ready for the ride to mooooove!! ^0^ If not, the rise won't mooooove!!!"

"I can fix that," said Beastmaster as she waved her hand, making the ride start and zoom forward, "Oh, and Dynast-KUN?" she hissed at her companion, "Do keep your wide trap SHUT!!"

The ride continued forward and suddenly a white, transparent ghost appeared before them all. The reactions were somewhat different.… the mazoku either pouted about their seat locations, or cheered as the ghost swept past. At the same time, a certain drakitty paled, fell back on the floor on her cart and fainted.

"Isn't this fun, Fi-chan?" asked Xelloss whom was looking around, trying to find something which would amuse them more than a ridiculous ghost, "Filia?" he opened his eyes and blinked when she didn't answer, "Where.…?" he sweatdroped as he located the swirly eyed drakitty on the floor and picked her up, "Aww…. come on, wake up? n.n" poke, poke….went the mazoku. Poke, poke.…

Zelas still wasn't having fun; she huffed and scowled at the skeletons they passed. This made Dynast smirk, "What? The wolf can't take it? Is it too much for her?" he mocked her, only to earn one very unamused glare from her, "Fine…. fine <.< spoilsports, I'll shut up," he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Meanwhile Phibby was standing on his seat, smiling for all he was worth, "I can make better ghosts than these ones! I betcha I can!! Wanna see me try?" he asked Dolphin.

"Dolphin thinks that ghosts are Kawaii," she smiled, "But fishies are still better!!" she stopped and looked thoughtful, "Where do all the fishies go when they go swirly eyed after staying too much time after water?" at this moment a sea serpent-like thing roared in front of them, making the blue haired girl jump, " O.o What is it doing here?! Serpent-chan is supposed to stay home and do the chores!" she glared at the robot as they passed it, "Dolphin thinks that fishies live inside Serpent-chan after they go swirly eyed.…" and the weird conversation continued on while the Hellmaster sweatdrop, trying to think HOW this topic had come up from talking about ghosts.

Filia took this moment to answer the purple haired priest's pokes. She opened her eyes slightly and moaned, "Huh? What's going.…" she paled as another ghost suddenly appeared out of nowhere, "ON?!" ECK!!!!" she screamed, then glared at the apparition, "Oh.… it's going to PAY alright!!" she began glowing and in seconds there was one big.…erm.… <.< Golden dragon with cat ears, tail and paws roaring and flaming at scenery of the haunted house.

"Fi-chan?" asked Xelloss meekly as he ducked a flame, "I don't," he ducked again, "Think," And yet again, "That's a good idea!"

"I DON'T CARE!!!" came the angry dragon's voice as she stomped on, "The ghosts will die! Die, die, DIE!!!"

Hellmaster blinked as he jumped out of his cart and sidestepped a piece of falling ceiling, "I didn't know ghosts could die," he said as he tilted his head and watched the Ryu do the destroying he had planned for later, "Oh well," he let out a sigh, "You can't have everything." He looked at Dolphin, whom was now hovering and throwing little balls of water, making the flame fizzle, not paying much attention to anyone else and chanting `Long live the water flames!'. The kid-looking mazoku shrugged and teleported onto Filia's head, shortly followed by Dolphin, "Horsey ^-^" they both said.

"Fifi-dog," called Dynast from his place, still in his cart, "Can't you see she's a .…"

"It's Filia, or do you have a memory problem, Dynast," asked the purple haired mazoku calmly, then he let out a sigh, "Zelas-sama.… if you please?"

Beastmaster perked up instantly, "Anything for my Xellie!" she took out her pan of death and bashed her companion over his head, "You know? I suddenly feel a whole lot better," she said as she smiled innocently, earning a glare from her victim, whom was rubbing his sore head, "Oh yes.… a LOT better."

Meanwhile the dragon's eyes began to close, "Die.… die…. Die.…" she said almost in a whispered as she stepped lightly on the floor. Both Phibby and Dolphin noticed this.

"It's.… stopping," said the Hellmaster as he blinked, "More fire, come one," he poked the dragon's kitty ears and tilted his head to one side.

"Yes it is," nodded the blue haired girl, "Quick, do you have a coin, Phibby-kun?" as she was saying this, Filia returned to her kitty state, completely asleep on the floor, having left the haunted house ride in ruins, "Aww.… T-T We came too late," Sobbed Dolphin, "The ryu-ride stopped.…"

Dynast smirked all of the sudden when he saw the drakitty fall asleep on the floor, "Oh perfect.…" he teleported to her and picked her up, "I think I'll have some fun with the cat," he chirped happily as he vanished from sight with the sleeping Filia in his arms.

Xel's eyes snapped open, "HEY! I'm the one that's supposed to mock her!!" he yelled after him, "Bring my Fi-chan back!! You can get your own!!"

"Aww…." Came Dolphin's and Phibby's voice together, "He took the kitty T-T" they looked at each other then looked at Zelas, "We want the kitty!!"

"Yes Hellbra- I mean Phibby.… we'll get Filia," said the beastmaster calmly as she made a glass of wine appear and sipped form it, "Don't worry Xelly, will get your pet back."

Phibrizzo twitched, "Dolphin.… she called me brat." He whined.

Dolphin took in a deep breath, puffing up as she turned to Zelas, "ZELAS-SAMA! LEAVE PHIBBY ALONE!" she yelled at the top of her voice, getting a big demon head and making the silver haired lady drop her wine glass and blink.

As this was happening a scream (Or rather a rather familiar annoyed roar) was heard in the distance. The purple haired priest twitched at this, "We're just wasting time," he growled as he teleported away, eyes open and probably as annoyed as the one who had roared a few seconds before.

The blue haired girl watched Zelas regain her composure and teleport away after her priest, murmuring something about there being more than one insane dark lord around here. Dolphin's lip trembled as she turned to the Hellmaster, "Phibby-kun…. Too many people are GONE!!" she wailed, "Dolphin wants fun! And everyone left her and Phibby-kun alone!!"

"Well…." Phibby was now tapping his lip with one finger, a rather thoughtful expression on his face, "We could always go back to WPI and have fun without them! As they abandoned us they won't mind us playing there!" he smiled VERY innocently as Dolphin perked up immediately.

"Oh yes!! Fishies say that is a good idea!" and this said, she grabbed the Hellmaster up and teleported away to WPI.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ (Also in WPI <.< one very angry ryu-neko and one very amused dark lord)

Beastmaster and her priest teleport into the same room at the same time, and the scene they saw made them facefault simultaneously. There stood Dynast wearing heavy armour holding a drakitty dressed up in a cute pink dress and with a big red bow on its neck.

"This is not funny.…" growled Filia as she attempted to scratch Dynast yet again, "Let go of me!!" she hissed, ears flat against her head and tail swishing from side to side, "NOW!! I'm not a doll!! Or I'll bite you!!" and indeed she tried, but only managed to hurt her mouth, as the ice mazoku lord was wearing metal gloves and armour.

Zelas picked herself from the ground and twitched, "DYNAST! You dirty rat! What, in the name of L-sama do you think you're doing?!" She then advanced towards him with her pan of death as her priest also managed to pick himself off from the floor.

Dynast, upon seeing a very frustrated Beastmaster approach him with a certain kitchen utensil, sweatdroped and let the ryu-neko he was holding fall to the floor, "I'm…. erm.…" he sweatdroped more and looked around, locating the door to a side and zooming for it, "Out of here, my dear!" came his voice from down the hallway, however, he was closely followed by Zelas, still waving her pan.

"Fi-chan?" he asked as tried to restrain himself from laughing, "Are you.…" and he failed miserably, for within seconds he couldn't hold it anymore. He began laughing at full volume, "Oh Filia! I wish you could see yourself!!" he managed in between roars of laughter, making the drakitty scowl in a who-asked-you-anyhow way. Xelloss wiped a tear from one of his eyes and helped her out of the dress, "No, but really, Fi-chan…. you're just not you when you're wearing a dress like that n.n;"

A sweatdrop ran down the back of drakitty's head, "Oh, yeah, well thank you for saying that.… and by the way, don't you DARE imply that I'm a tom boy >.<!!"

They both heard Zelas scream from somewhere else and they blinked, wondering what was going on. Xellos smiled, "And the party continues!" he chirped as he grabbed Filia up and teleported away to the origin of the scream, which happened to be.… the throne room >.> Both Fi and Xel sweatdroped at their surroundings.

Dynast stood to one side, snickering as he watched Zelas look around the once beautifully arranged throne room. She twitched and a vein popped on her head, "Where.… WHERE ARE THOSE TWO?!?!" she shrieked just as Phibby ran into the room, waving a bottle of wine and followed by a few yapping and slightly drunk wolves, "PHIBRIZZO!!!!"

"Huh?" the Hellmaster skidded to a halt and blinked, then turned to Zelas, "Yes? ^-^" he asked as he hid the bottle behind his back and smiled innocently, angel halo over his head, "Zelas-sama is mad? Awww.… sorry!" he said insincerely.

The black haired mazoku continued to snicker under his breath, "So this," he motioned to the sabotaged throne room, "Was Phib's courtesy?" he asked.

"Dolphin helped too!!" said Dolphin as she popped in too, "Rubber ducky you're the best!" she held up a rather weird looking squid and glomped it, "And the rubber ducky helped too," she nodded and held up the squid for everyone to see.

Dynast winked an eye at Dolphin, "That's great Dolphin!"

This of course, made the blue haired girl's eyes shine, "Really?" she asked, but didn't wait for a response and launched herself at Dynast, glomping him AND the squid at the same time, "Yay! Rubber ducky thinks Dolphin did a good job too!!"

"Erm.… Dolphin? Wouldn't you like to go and…." the ice mazoku lord stopped his sentence dead as he saw Zelas loom over him, tapping her pan on her hand, "WHAT?? It wasn't me this time!!" he yelped as he struggled to run away, while Dolphin who was still glomped, giggled, "I didn't do it!! I didn't DO it!!"

Phibrizzo smiled and opened one of his eyes, "While you're all occupied.… I think I'll go check out the bedrooms," and with this, he phased off, leaving the bottle of wine to crash on the floor, allowing the few wolves which had followed him to drink finally.

His sentence caught Beastmaster's attention immediately, "No wait!! Phibrizzo! Get yourself BACK here! You still have to tell me whose these orbs are!!" she phased away, then suddenly popped back in, looming over the wolves and growling at them, "And you…. we'll talk later," she narrowed her gaze at them, "What have I told you about following lil hellmasters with wine bottles around?" she tsked and phased out again.

The poor wolves looked at each other and sweatdroped, exiting and carrying the bottle with them… just in case they wanted a bit more later.

Dynast let out a sigh and waved a hand, "Dolphin off," he said firmly, "Go help Phibs," he watched the blue haired girl nod a couple of times before she ran off with her squid. He then turned to Xel and Fi, who had remain in one corner, sweatdroping all the while, "Ne, Xelloss.… the lizard must be tired, it IS night.… if I were you I'd let her rest," she smirked at this point, "Otherwise she won't be such a good pet, no will she?" he laughed as he saw both his targets glare and twitch, "I'll go do likewise," and with that he too disappeared out of sight.

"That did NOT have a hidden meaning, now did it?" growled Fi, still in the purple haired priest's arms, "Because if it did…. The next time I see him, I'll scratch that smile out of his face!"

Xelloss closed his eyes again, "It's not worth it, come on, lets go get you to bed, I'm sure you're tired," he said as he took her to said room. Once they reached it, he sat the drakitty, smiled at her and headed towards the door to leave again, "Good night Filia."

Filia blinked and let out a low miau, making him turn around and look at her again, tilting his head to one side. She let out another miau and he let out a sigh as he headed back to the bed and sat down on it. She smiled up at him now, "Can you change shape, Xelloss?"

"Yes.…" he replied as he raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Please change shape?" came her voice as she purred, closing her eyes and smiling up at him. He raised both eyebrows this time, but shrugged and began glowing, transforming into a purple colored wolf, "Now come here?" she asked sweetly. He again looked confused, but did so anyhow, becoming more shocked when she curled up under his chin and rubbed the top of her head on his fur, "Now I've marked you, and you're mine," she purred as she yawned and closed her eyes, preparing to fall asleep.

The purple wolf blinked once more and chuckled slightly, "Ie, that can not be," he whispered, but was sure she could not hear him, for she was snoring slightly by now, curled up still in the same position, "I can not be yours, for you are already anyhow mine.…" He let his head lay on the bed and curled his tail around himself as he closed his eyes, falling asleep too.

DFA: Well…. This seems like a good place to leave it at ^^;; Sorry it took so long, but University and homework and everything…. >.o Gah! So VERY sorry *Bows* It won't happen again! I'll do it faster next time *Sweatdrops and sneaks off*