Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Another chance ❯ A spell born from hope ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Another chance

By: Dark fire angel

DFA: Oh God…. I felt real guilty for leaving the last chapter with such an evil cliffhanger -.-;; I had to write this other chap to make myself feel better <.< Not to mention I've posted it before going on vacation! ^-^ Am sooooo proud! Plus.… just to help you out, it has a happy ending.… >.> So no one has to worry. After all, this fic is a romance/humor not a drama.…

Val: *Raises eyebrow* So.… the fact that you were threatened with a Dragon slave, Fireballs, a Ragna blade AND a Giga slave didn't have anything to do with you posting this so soon, ne? *Grin*

DFA: I.… err.… *Whacks Val with a dictionary* Val-chan! Really, you should learn to shut your mouth sometimes!! *Whack, whack* Meany! >.<

Val: Wow.… look at all those birdies and stars spinning `round me.… *Faints*

DFA: Great! And now I gotta say the disclaimer! Humph!! Well I'm not saying it!!

Xel: *Phases in* Then I will!! *Coughs, gets serious faced* Angel-san doesn't own the Slayers, nor will she ever, and do you wanna know why? *Grin*

DFA: *Blinks* Why?

Xel: Sore wa himitsu desu!

DFA: Arg!! I saw that coming!! *Whacks Xel her dictionary of doom too* -.-;; *Sighs and leaves*

Xel: …. *Rubs his sore head and pouts*

Fi: >.> *Comes up, sighs and drags the faint Val and pouting Xel away* It's Filia to the rescue…. as always.…

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ (Never cross the road without looking both ways first.… <.<)

Time seemed to stop for Filia as she felt a cold wave wash over her, "Xellos!!" she yelled, managing to jump to her feet and ran towards the spot the truck had just ran over, only to find the one she was searching for laying on the floor in a horrible state, "Xellos!! Talk to me!" she crouched near his body but didn't dare make him sit up just incase, "Are you ok?" she whispered to him, however, the answer was too obvious.… he wasn't ok.

When he heard her, the purple haired boy managed to open his eyes, "Fi-chan…." his voice broke as he saw her tears, "Filia, I did it.…" he smiled for some reason.

"What? What do you mean?" the poor girl was panicking by now. She had to get him to a hospital and quick! She HAD to do something, "Xellos.… you're a mess, I have to get you to a hospi-" the ex-dragon stopped talking when Xel placed a finger to her lips.

"You're not listening to me, are you?" he breathed as he faintly shook his head, "I did it…. I was able to help out this time," he closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again, his voice becoming weaker and weaker as seconds passed, "Last time…. when I reached your house, it was too late; both, you and Val where already.…" his voice cracked again, "Dead.… I couldn't do anything to help. I wasn't able to stop it from happening.… but now I've been able to help you, I bowed I'd never make the same mistake, and I did it…." he began coughing violently and pain struck through him like lightning.

Filia's eyes widened as she looked towards the school building. Xellos had been there when he had shouted to her to watch it.… how the heck had he managed to push her out of the way in time? Had he teleported? Yes! No other way he could have done it. She turned back to the ex-mazoku, "I'm going to try to do something," she said as she closed her eyes.

"Wha-" the purpled haired boy stared in shook as Filia's tail suddenly became visible to him. It suddenly just.… appeared! As if it had been invisible, and Xellos blinked at it, "Fi-chan! Your tail!"

The girl made no attempt to look as she kept her eyes closed as she tried to concentrate. If she had been able to teleport, it meant she still had some kind of power within! She opened her eyes which were now glazed over as her aura surrounded her, "Spirits of the past, present and future," she began chanting, "Come forth, I call to you!"

Wind suddenly began circling them both, and Xellos gasped, for he knew what spell she was casting, "Filia! Are you sure about this?" he asked, and was reassured by her smile and wink before she continued chanting.

"I call to thee so that my wish shall be granted!" she commanded again, "I Filia Ul Copt, ex-priestess of the fire dragon king, ask for the powers of darkness and light to come to me!" the sky darkened instantly, just as if night had fallen and out of nowhere, came vague human-looking figures that the blond distinguished as the spirits she had called for, "I bond my soul and life to you, Xellos Metallium, ex-priest and general of Beastmaster Zelas Metallium.…"

The wind increased and made the purple haired boy's aura became visible, "Fi-chan… you know what will happen if you do this?" he asked to her, "You will have bonded your soul to mine.… if I die, you…. die too.…" his eyelids were becoming too heavy, he wasn't going to last long, "Are you sure about this?" he asked yet again.

The ex-dragon saw her aura fuse with his and nodded slightly to his question before continuing her talk to the spirits watching them, "And plead that our memory is erased till our souls met again," she said in a firm voice, watching the figures nod, close their eyes and disappear alongside the wind and the darkness that had settled in the sky.

Both Filia and Xellos felt a jolt go through them at the same exact moment, and they closed their eyes together, falling into eternal sleep in silence till their souls be awaken again.…

Mitsy had been watching this from a distance, and when she saw the wind dissipate, she walked over to her friends, "I said I wanted to find out what was going on," she whispered to them although she knew they couldn't hear her, "But not at this cost," her tears fell freely as she kneeled down to brush Filia's hair out of her face, "I didn't want something like this to happen. I only wanted to help you.…" for some reason she felt furious, and so, she jumped to her feet and screamed at the sky, "How could you?! If there really is someone there listening, then please let me help!!" she saw a bit of wind circle around her, "Please! If I can help I want to know how!!"

The wind seemed to actually laugh softly before it blew harder, and suddenly, a sentence formed inside the green eyed, auburn haired girl's mind; if you want to help, all you have to do is believe in yourself. Don't worry, you'll find what you're searching for.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Years passed, and miraculously Filia was reborn yet again. She grew up quickly, being loved by her parents and friends, though this could not hide the fact that her memory was indeed erased.… and somehow, the blond felt that something inside her was just not right, somehow was missing. By the day her sixteenth birthday came, she sorrow she felt had grown so much that her best friend, a girl called Kayla, decided that this could not go on. Kayla had a master plan…. she would have her blond friend smiling in not time! It had to work.…

The airport was packed full of people as two girls sat, waiting for the voyagers of flight `710' to arrive. Both girls were talking and giggling as the light that was able to penetrate through the high up windows seemed to reflect off from them, one of the had long, golden colored hair and beautiful sapphire eyes, while the other was raven-black haired and green eyed.

"It can't be long before the plane gets here, can it, Fi?" asked the black haired girl as she sighed, "We've been here for hours! I'm hungry, and tired, and thirsty, and I wanna go home! What time is it anyways?"

As the black haired girl began to pout about their luck, the blond shook her head in mock sorrow, "6:00 pm, Kai.… the plane will be here in about ten minutes, besides, I should be the one sulking! After all, it's YOUR cousin we've come to pick up, not mine!" she turned to Kayla and sat one of her hands on her hips in clear act of annoyance, "And if my memory is functioning correctly, which I'm sure is, mind you, it was you who insisted that I come with you to pick him up. It's not fair that you get to pout while I only get to listen to you."

Kayla couldn't suppress a giggle as she watched Filia sulk, "You know? It's not like you to sulk.… I think it's about the first time I've seen you do it!" she stopped to think about her next move, and then grinned as she worked up the courage to continue, "And you know what else? I think your current depressed-like state might be due to the fact that you've never had a boyfriend ever.…" she giggled once more when her blond friend blushed furiously, "Hit the nail over the head, have I?"

Filia shook her head as she managed to glare, "It's not like that, you know why I've never wanted a boy friend…." she was cut off when the green eyed girl raised her hand.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.…" She moved her hands as if to emphasise, "You never let any guy cross your emotional barrier, `cause, according to you, you feel as if you're waiting for someone," she laughed quietly at this point, "Wake up Fi! Your Prince Charming ain't gonna show up suddenly and ask you out, you are aware of it, ne?"

The blond girl shook her head once more, looking at the people around them before focussing her gaze on Kayla again, "Look, I don't know how to describe it.… I feel something here," she pointed at her heart, "Something deep inside and it tells me that I can't give up, that someday the hollowness that I feel will be filled up.… that someday I'll find what I'm searching for.…" she gained a far away expression as she said the last part.

Kayla couldn't held but heave a sigh, "This is why I wanted you to meet my cousin," she said as she took Filia's hand and gave it a squeeze, "He has always been able to cheer everyone up, he has an incredible sense of humour," she smiled as if remembering something, "Always makes everyone laugh and smile, no matter how gloom they might be, you'll see, you'll like him."

Both girls' attention switched to the incoming herd of people from flight `710'. There were lots of different people, as Filia was able to tell as she scanned the crowd; some were small, others were tall.… etc. She continued to watch until suddenly, she caught sight of a young, purple-haired guy, around seventeen or eighteen, and the poor girl wasn't sure why, but he seemed familiar, why? She couldn't tell, however.… she was able to tell that he smiled at the people surrounding him, and seemed to have no problems in the world as he walked straight towards them.

"Xelly!!" Kayla waved to a particular person in the crowd, but Filia wasn't sure to who, and she didn't care either, for suddenly, the guy's amethyst eyes locked with her sky colored ones and a jolt went all the way down her spine as images of a forgotten past rushed into her mind; images of a journey, images of dragons soaring the skies, images of a school and a spell.… and last of all, images of him and his secretive smile.

The blond girl stood there, completely shocked, while her friend continued to shout, "Xelly! Hey what's the matter with you? Why are you standing there? Come here!"

The purple haired youth tore his gaze from Filia to look at Kayla, who was waiving frenetically at him. He seemed to hesitate, his previous smile vanished from his face, for he too had felt a jolt go down his spine as he had watched the blond haired girl's sapphire eyes, not to mention that his mind had suddenly been inundated with images from long past lives.… He hesitated only a moment more before he approached the two girls till he was only a meter away from them, then smirked as he looked up at Filia, who still hadn't recovered from her shook, "Yare, yare,"- he said as gazed right into her blue eyes, looking into her soul, "Long time no see, huh Fi-chan? It seems your spell really did work.…"

Filia felt her eyes fill with tears before she practically launched herself onto the new comer, hugging him tight, arms around his waist and face buried in his chest, sobbing for some reason, "Xellos!! I found you!" she continued to sob as Xellos let go of his luggage to bring his arms around her too, nuzzling into her hair.

"I'm here Fi-chan.… don't worry, it's over.… I won't leave your side again." he put a hand under her chin to tilt her head up to him, and he looked into her eyes once more before bringing his lips down to hers, kissing her with passion, to which she responded gratefully.

Kayla grinned, "I'll.… err.… go get us all some drinks! Wait here," she ran off and neared a pillar, "Grandma, it worked! You were right!" said the girl as an old lady stepped from behind the pillars. She had grey hair with streaks of brown, and her green eyes were shinning.

"Yes," she said as she smiled at her old friends, "It did work, ne?" she closed her eyes, reviving the days when they had gone to school together, "It had to work. It was their destin-"

Mitsy was cut off by Filia's roar, "What do you mean I've put on some weight?!" she growled then grabbed her ever-present mace-sama and proceeded to chase Xellos around, "NAMAGOMI!!!"

Both Mitsy and Kayla watched the purple haired boy duck as he ran, closed eyed grin plastered on his face, "Ahh.… the good old times!" he chirped as he ran, "Ne, Fi-chan, you overgrown lizard! You MISSED me!! And again!! HA!!"

Mitsy rolled her eyes as she watched with her grand daughter, "I suppose some things never change," she said as she sweatdroped, "Some people never learn, now do they?"

THE END

DFA: *Grins and waves fic around* And it's OVER folks!! This was the first fic I posted at ff.net, and I've finished it! *Huggles fic* Thank you so much for reading it ^-^ And do forgive me for the last chapter's cliffhanger <.< But it was necessary.… ^0^ I can't believe I finished it! Now I get to go on vacation! *Checks time* O.o ECK!! The plane! I won't catch the plane! *Drops fic papers and runs off*