Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Egg ❯ Hatched! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Slayers, if I did…Zelgadis would be trapped in my room right now…wait…he already is…I still don't own Slayers though!

A/N: Thanks for everyone who reviewed last chapter! I'm having a blast writing this story! Oh yeah…I have some more warnings… (There'll be a lot of them here…) But please keep in mind I promised no romance (unless there's a lot of begging for that or something…) so no cheesy romance plots in this story (as far as I have this planned).

Warning: This may be a little reminiscent of Chobits… I am not copying Chobits nor did I plan on copying Chobits this is just how it went out. If it reminds you of Chobits to an annoying extreme, I apologize. Remember, you were Warned!

It's hatching!

I've had this egg for a few days now, and its nighttime again and I finally made it to the next village. There's still no sign of the village that Xellos mentioned…I plan to kill him as soon as I see him, provided I can get my hands on him and he doesn't teleport away like he always does. Damn Mazoku… I decided to eat downstairs that night, after tucking Leaf safely in a bundle of covers. I don't know why I did it; I didn't always feel comfortable eating amidst people. The food was good though, very nourishing. I made sure not to eat like Lina did…I made sure to chew before I swallowed. Not many knew this, but she did manage to choke on her food often. Gourry and I had had our hands full trying to dislodge chunks of food from her throat. I headed upstairs to my room for the night and a faint smell was emitting from the room.

"What's going on?" I asked and burst into my room, and saw on the bed egg shells and membrane soaking through the sheets of the bed. At least, I assumed it was membrane, I hoped it was membrane and nothing worse. I cautiously made my way over to the bed and peered under the sheets.

"Oh my god!" I said and recoiled at the sight. It was a dragon beneath the covers! The horns, the eyes, the scales! The egg had hatched while I was downstairs eating!

"Hello?" I asked cautiously, moving the covers away from the dragon. It shifted in its slumber. It hadn't seen anyone yet? If it had, then I wouldn't be the father of it, would I? I don't think I could bear it. Red eyes met mine and I knew it had seen no other. I just knew it.

"You're a dragon…" I said, looking at it. Its eyes seemed to smile at me, recognized me almost. I was imprinted…I think, as its mother…father…parental figure?

"Um…" I began and sat down next to it. It was quite strong for just hatching! I mean, it looked alert and ready to do anything.

"I guess I'm your…parent…" I said, unsure of what to say, "Pleased to meet you…" It cocked its head to the side, as if imprinting my voice as well. Then it laid its head down in my lap and went back to sleep. Maybe it wasn't as strong as I thought. I yawned against my will; I must be more tired than I originally thought. I leaned back against the headboard, shifting slightly but not disturbing Leaf if I could help in and wrapped the blanket around us both. I should really get some sleep.

"Goodnight Leaf," I whispered before drifting off. I can't believe it, the egg had hatched! Wait a minute…wasn't I sleeping in eggshell?

The next morning I woke up and stretched and felt something softer than dragon scales in my lap. I sat up and looked to see if Leaf was still there. There was a little girl! No more than a child, she didn't even look like a baby, she looked like she was 7!

"Um…okay…" I began, not exactly knowing what to do. Was it the same dragon that had hatched last night? I looked at her, really looked at her. She had a pair of horns above her ears and she looked like she had minor claws on her hands. I quickly covered her and made sure she was covered. If Leaf was a dragon but remained in a human form for whatever reason, I'd have to get her some clothes. If she was 7 or something, could she talk? I heard her groan and I stared down at her; it looked like she was waking up. What did a dragon girl eat?

"Leaf?" she asked groggily. I was taken aback! She had said her name…well, it wasn't really her name but something I had called her while she was in the egg. Had she heard and understood it or something? I didn't know what to do.

"Yes…um…Leaf…" I said, trying not to panic, and she looked up at me with red-tinted eyes, "That's your name…unless you're supposed to be something else…"

"Leaf!" she said and sat up. I moved quickly and wrapped her up in my cape to cover her. Why was I blushing? She was just a child, it's not like she knew any better.

"Yes, that's your name. Mine is Zelgadis," I said, "And we have to get you some clothes. She regarded me, as if registering something in her mind.

"Daddy!" she cried and hugged me, and I found myself shocked at this. Then after a moment I realized that I had been the first she had seen luckily and now I was her parental figure. I refuse to be known as a mother!

"Um…yeah," I said, "I hatched you…or something like that…you're a dragon!"

"Daddy," she began and then pointed to herself, "Leaf!"

"Um…that's correct…" I had never dealt with children before, "Are you hungry or something? I don't know what you dragons eat but I'm sure I can figure it out…milk or something?" She had really big eyes; they were almost as big as Lina's eyes.

"Leaf!" she smiled at me and I sighed. I guess she had to learn everything like normal children did. But she seemed rather old.

"How long were you in that egg?" I asked, but then chided myself, how could she possibly know.

"Daddy!" she cried and then looked away from me towards the door and pointed, "Leaf?"

"I don't understand a word of what you are saying, but I'm guessing that means…I don't know what it means!" I cried and buried my face in my hands. What was I going to do? I had no clue what to do with her! Why did I pick up that egg…? My curiosity was getting the better of me.

"Leaf?" she asked, looking up at me, moving my hands from my face and had the face of curiosity.

"No, nothing…its nothing little one," I said. Oh god, I was creating nicknames for her already!

"Daddy!" she said and sat down in my lap. I realized she still had no clothing and put my cape around her again, as it had fallen off. What could she wear, if she had to travel with me now, what was I going to do? I had no point in being a parent!

TBC

A/N: I know, it was a little short and Zelgadis may or may not have seemed OOC and for that I'm sorry…so tell me what you think, please read and review!

And be sure to check out Slayers Parody, my other GOOD Slayers fic, I'm currently reworking Honto no Koi because I think I could have started it better. Stay away flamers! I use flames to roast marshmallows and then I can serve S'mores to all the reviewers who like my story!